Post by Dusty »

Should’ve put the old logo on it too

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Re: 2019 Canberra Raiders jerseys

Post by Rick »

Agreed. And maybe a white outline around Huawei text.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
MS_1302
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Mitch Cornish

Post by MS_1302 »

Absolutely no resemblance.

Agreed though, I think they should bring back the old logo like they had for the heritage jerseys in 2013/14. That was a ripper IMO, i'd like that as the home jersey permanently.

https://rljerseys.files.wordpress.com/2 ... efront.jpg
100%green
Don Furner

Post by 100%green »

Geez some of you are hard to please!

I love the Green and Blue of the off field kit. Hope we stick to this for many years to come. The designs are great.

The jersey is a new design compared to the last 3 years. People whinge when it stays the same, then they whinge when changes...

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

100%green
Don Furner

Post by 100%green »

New gear at Jerseys Megastore. Call for orders or go in store.ImageImageImageImage

julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

See the Widnes away jersey?
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Widnes Viking
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Widnes Viking »

http://www.widnesvikings.co.uk/article/ ... t-launched

Suspect some of you may be impressed with this effort
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I might buy one of those, pretty good touch
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Widnes Viking wrote: November 23, 2018, 7:51 pm http://www.widnesvikings.co.uk/article/ ... t-launched

For a second I thought that was Tilse on the left.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Widnes Viking wrote: November 23, 2018, 7:51 pm http://www.widnesvikings.co.uk/article/ ... t-launched

Very wierd thing to do. Taking another club’s jersey design. You do know the Raiders didn’t give a damn about that match... And, let’s be polite they were still... “under the weather”.
Rick
Steve Walters

Post by Rick »

greeneyed wrote:

Very wierd thing to do. Taking another club’s jersey design. You do know the Raiders didn’t give a damn about that match... And, let’s be polite they were still... “under the weather”.
I reckon it’s a great idea, out of the box for sure.

edwahu

Re: Who's the greatest: 1989 or 1994 Canberra Raiders?

Post by edwahu »

Speaking of 1989 have a look at the Widnes away Jersey this year, celebrating their 89 World Club Challenge triumph over the still pissed Raiders. It's the one on the left.

https://twitter.com/WidnesRL/status/1065895126516543488
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It’s a strange one IMO... Can you imagine the Raiders adopting the Balmain jersey as their away strip to celebrate? And how annoyed the Tigers would be?!
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Yeah I suppose. I'd just take it as a sign of respect that they still call it their greatest triumph, plus I think everyone at the Raiders knows the team didn't exactly have its head in the game.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Rick wrote:
greeneyed wrote:

Well i can't wait to see us playing in a tigers jersey to celebrate our wins over them in the grand final.

Just think its weird....

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

greeneyed wrote:

Would have thought we had copyright on our jerseys? Someone got paid a lot of money to copy something already done

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Rick wrote:
greeneyed wrote:

I got up at stupid o'clock to watch a hungover raiders team rush out to a lead only to be run down.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

edwahu wrote: November 24, 2018, 5:54 pm Yeah I suppose. I'd just take it as a sign of respect that they still call it their greatest triumph, plus I think everyone at the Raiders knows the team didn't exactly have its head in the game.
People are saying on twitter that it is a sign of respect... or that they're a "sister club" as they are Vikings...

But if you read the Widnes Vikings statement, they're not giving either of those as reasons. They simply say:

"The kit is inspired by the club’s greatest triumph, celebrating the 30th anniversary of Widnes’ World Club Challenge victory over Canberra Raiders.

The green shirt takes on the colour of Canberra, their opponents that day as Dougie Laughton’s men overturned a 12-point deficit to run out 30-18 winners at Old Trafford. The 2019 away shirt will be complemented with black shorts and white socks, recreating the famous image of the Widnes squad following the final whistle as they donned the Canberra shirt and celebrated becoming Champions of the World."

http://widnesvikings.co.uk/article/5523 ... t-launched

They're not doing it for any other reason than to celebrate their win... and by taking the Raiders' jersey.

This in a match that wasn't even regularly played until the year 2000... and wasn't played after the Raiders' 1990 or 1994 premierships.
Rick
Steve Walters

Post by Rick »

Mate fair go to them. If we were not interested or could not be assed then that’s on us not on them. The two best teams from the two best games played each other and they got the chocolates, that gives them the bragging rights.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Rick wrote: November 24, 2018, 6:27 pm Mate fair go to them. If we were not interested or could not be assed then that’s on us not on them. The two best teams from the two best games played each other and they got the chocolates, that gives them the bragging rights.

Sure... but if you were a Tigers fan, would you be pleased the Raiders decided to celebrate the 1989 victory by making the Balmain jersey our away jersey? I'd reckon the Tigers would have us up for copyright violation right away.

Or would you be happy if the Panthers decided to celebrate their 1991 victory in a couple of years by adopting our jersey from that year as their away strip?

I think it is strange, particularly as it is pretty much nothing more than an exhibition game.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

If Widnes want to wear our jersey good luck to them.
100%green
Don Furner

Post by 100%green »

Who cares. If anything it increases our brand over there.

Raider Azz
Jason Croker

Post by Raider Azz »

I just find it hilarious more than anything that they consider that their "greatest achievement"

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by thedevilingreen »

greeneyed wrote:
Rick wrote: November 24, 2018, 6:27 pm Mate fair go to them. If we were not interested or could not be assed then that’s on us not on them. The two best teams from the two best games played each other and they got the chocolates, that gives them the bragging rights.

Sure... but if you were a Tigers fan, would you be pleased the Raiders decided to celebrate the 1989 victory by making the Balmain jersey our away jersey? I'd reckon the Tigers would have us up for copyright violation right away.

Or would you be happy if the Panthers decided to celebrate their 1991 victory in a couple of years by adopting our jersey from that year as their away strip?

I think it is strange, particularly as it is pretty much nothing more than an exhibition game.
I'm sure Greg Alexander already has something in the pipeline

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Widnes Vikings pay tribute to Canberra Raiders with away jersey

As debate rages over which is Canberra's best ever team, the Widnes Vikings have inadvertently cast their vote from the other side of the world.

It has to be the 1989 Canberra Raiders if their away jersey for next season is anything to go by.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 50i7i.html
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It is not intended to be a tribute to us... they intend it as a celebration of them beating us.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

It's a big deal for them, what's the issue?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I'm just saying we shouldn't pretend it is something that it is not. It is certainly not intended as a tribute to the Raiders.
EVH
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Albert Fulavai

Post by EVH »

Apologies for the bad quality but this is what happens when you use the colour drop tool in photoshop to copy the colour of Mal's jersey in
the 89 grand final photo and make it into a jersey. How stupid could they be, can't even get a tribute to themselves right. I swear they were just lazy and copied the colour of the Classic Retro Jersey. If it were the proper shade i would be on DHGATE right now putting down $20 for one.
Ah, might as well jump (Jump!) Might as well jump Go ahead an' jump (jump!) Go ahead and jump Ow oh, hey you! Who said that?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

But I don't think that was ever the colour of the Raiders jersey in 1989. You can see in the posts above that it is more like this:

That colour drop looks like camouflage green.
EVH
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Albert Fulavai

Post by EVH »

Myeah, i know its not exactly that colour, that one is without a doubt too dark. But i have an 89' Jersey, and a McFadden Jersey for which they are both definitely not this really naff candy apple green, they both have a kind of "mossyness' to them which has just been completely lost, and i feel like if they'd gone down that path it would have been more faithfull reproduction ot tribute.
Ah, might as well jump (Jump!) Might as well jump Go ahead an' jump (jump!) Go ahead and jump Ow oh, hey you! Who said that?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It was actually more like the second photo above than the first.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

They had this in the Mt Smart memorabilia area for the NZ vs Tonga test. I hope they have it under high 24/7 security.