Nail it or fail again - What is the pass mark for the Raiders in 2019?

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Re: Nail it or fail again - What is the pass mark for the Raiders in 2019?

Post by zim »

gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

dubby wrote:
gergreg wrote:
dubby wrote:We overachieved. I said in 2016 we weren't top4, and I maintain that. Hell, Parra finished top4 last year.... there's anomalies all the time.

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
You could say that or you could say the team played to it's potential. A good coach should be drawing the best out of every player, every week, every year.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Like Wayne Bennett did at Newcastle?

And Bellamy did with a team millions over the cap?
Like Robbo does witha sombrero?

Bennett's a legend in regards to coaching.
Bellamy developed the legends at Storm and has continued to evolve and maintain a high standard while continuing to lose the players he develops.
Robinson and Politis to a larger extent realised they needed to upgrade their half to win and they ruthlessly did it.

Ricky made excuses about other teams working us out.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

zim wrote:Image
Image Image

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

dubby wrote: November 6, 2018, 2:19 pm It's just ironic that strawpig knows we struggle too attract the best talent, he's said it for years. Only now he's blamingRicky and Don.
We've done better under Stuart, especially considering what Henry and Elliott recruited..... but it's still not good enough.
We really need a 7. If we had a good 7 and 6 I think we'd make top 4 or 5.

Not with our defence Dubs. It doesn"t matter where opposition teams get the ball they are threatening our line in the majority of sets. That's on the coach to fix. Sides that win the comp and genuinely threaten have Top 5 defensive records. We don't measure up defensively so we don't play post season. We were the second top try scoring side. We are already Top 4 in attack. But without the ball we are 10th and that's why, a long with our poor fitness levels, we finish out of the running.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

dubby wrote: November 6, 2018, 2:04 pmYou forget the first season or two Ricky inherited Furnes team. He hasn't had 6 years, has he?

Again, I'm not saying his results are good enough. Ricky is under pressure for 2019. He needs to be.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
The first season of EVERY COACH IN THE HISTORY OF SPORT* inherited a team.
He was hired in 2014, at the end of this coming season, we will be planning for the 2020 season. So yes, he will have at that point had 6 years.

*except for expansion clubs... were we an expansion club?

You cant honestly... i mean... its... you cant be **** serious with this ****, can you?
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

We've got a pack stacked with internationals and a backline that has arguably been the best point scoring machine in the comp over the past 3 seasons and most of you blokes have been convinced that scraping into the top 8 constitutes a pass mark for the coach.

**** me.

Depth is our biggest weakness, not talent.