Bulldogs 13+
13%

Total votes: 16

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Re: 2019 Trial 2 V Bulldogs: Teams and Game Day *Teams p1*

Post by dubby »

T_R wrote:In a better world we'd rule the joint, old mate.
I'd let you rule. You're a much superior person. Even pig is pretty cool. Just don't tell him i said that

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Just so i'm clear, we were lucky to beat the spoon favorites,?

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Boy if we got out of this without any injuries we might have the pre season trifecta

No injuries, a meaningless win and a proven back up getting air pumped into the tyres because he was on the park when we dusted the back ups!

Pumped for the season...

Seriously though, any major injuries?
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

My assessment is we will be debating Sezer V Williams all season after a loss.

In all honesty the middle stunk the first half and not fair to make comparisons with our halves, Williams had all the running when he came on.

As the great Pete Carroll always says the game starts in the second half.
WorkChoice
Keghead
Noa Nadruku

Post by Keghead »

dubby wrote: February 23, 2019, 5:57 pm Just so i'm clear, we were lucky to beat the spoon favorites,?

Why even bother being a part of it big MR scary modder.........the team and most of the people on here couldn't care less about your expectations.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Pigman wrote:Boy if we got out of this without any injuries we might have the pre season trifecta

No injuries, a meaningless win and a proven back up getting air pumped into the tyres because he was on the park when we dusted the back ups!

Pumped for the season...

I'm not pumped. Not even excited.

Wait and see, old pig. Wait. And. See.

Tenth it is.

RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Green_Hammock wrote: February 23, 2019, 5:42 pm I've had no streaming issues, it's been really good

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Canberra Raiders site was brilliant. Full screen - no issues.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Keghead wrote:
dubby wrote: February 23, 2019, 5:57 pm Just so i'm clear, we were lucky to beat the spoon favorites,?

Why even bother being a part of it big MR scary modder.........the team and most of the people on here couldn't care less about your expectations.
So if you don't care, why bother posting?

You don't know me, mr online keyboard hero. So shut up.

kris-ko
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: The Papasaurus

Post by kris-ko »

CNK looks solid and hungry for work, which will do for now. Wighton's defence was punishing and his running potential excites me.

Hunt and Horsburgh played themselves onto a bench slot for mine, alongside Havili and Lui.

Ryan Sutton has been quite anonymous thus far.

Winning tight ones at the death is fun!

Stream was a bit bitty (casting from Chrome) but otherwise fine for me, though Indian internet generally shames Australia's..
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

dubby wrote: February 23, 2019, 6:02 pm
Pigman wrote:Boy if we got out of this without any injuries we might have the pre season trifecta

Pumped for the season...

I'm not pumped. Not even excited.

Wait and see, old pig. Wait. And. See.

Tenth it is.

If we miss the 8 again, Stuart couldn’t possibly survive
And he ain’t even **** close to being done with us, pal.

Top 8, back end. First round exit. Stuart extended.

This club will never again have nice things
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

So we’ve been belted and been on the back foot in two trials against FG opposition, and looked a million bucks in two halves against NSW Cup players???

You’ll have to forgive me for not getting carried away...
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

We scrapped 2 wins from spoon favourites, you can look at it from several angles.

Good teams learn how to win.
WorkChoice
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

Tuned in at 22-6 in second half with about 25 to go.

Few minutes later Cotric scored, followed by 3 or was it 4 more.

Im claiming it was because of me ok
Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

From that performance my round 1 team is as follows:

1. CNK
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. Leilua
5. Oldfield
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
8. Papalii
9. Hodgeson
10. Soliola
11. Tapine
12. Whitehead
13. J. Bateman

14. Havili
15. Hunt
16. Horsburgh
17. Lui/ L. Bateman/ Sutton

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Pig, I agree Ricky is on thin ice
He's had enough time

LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

mamando wrote:So we’ve been belted and been on the back foot in two trials against FG opposition, and looked a million bucks in two halves against NSW Cup players???

I hear you

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

mamando wrote: February 23, 2019, 6:08 pm So we’ve been belted and been on the back foot in two trials against FG opposition, and looked a million bucks in two halves against NSW Cup players???

That sums up our pre-season
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Surely on trial form we are early premiership favourites...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

-PJ- wrote: February 23, 2019, 6:16 pm Surely on trial form we are early premiership favourites...
We surely must be for Mounties!

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

You'd have to be worried about that defence today. When it was firsts v firsts, the Dogs were marching up the field with ease.

As Pigman reminds us every year, it's just a trial and it means squat come September, but I am feeling a bit deflated with what I saw today.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
BVRaider
David Grant
Favourite Player: Edrick Lee

Post by BVRaider »

That was a rough first half but it's good to get in to the habit of winning games and having to play for the full 80 minutes to do so before the season starts. I thought Horsburgh had a great game and has earned himself a spot on the bench for round 1, he's tough in defense and savvy in attack with a high workrate. It was also good to see Wighton play the majority of the game and work off the rust, those two try assists will be good for his confidence.
Raiders_Pat
John Ferguson

Post by Raiders_Pat »

T_R wrote: February 23, 2019, 6:27 pm

You'd have to be worried about that defence today. When it was firsts v firsts, the Dogs were marching up the field with ease.

As Pigman reminds us every year, it's just a trial and it means squat come September, but I am feeling a bit deflated with what I saw today.
Wasn't very impressed with the defensive effort either. I guess we'll have a better idea of where we're at in round 1.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Good to hear Horsburgh had another decent hitout.

He's by far the most exciting prospect for me this season.

Hilarious commentary about Sam Williams from the punters. Good to see Jack went OK too.

Sounds like plenty of room for improvement for our pack, and the backline was understandably out of sorts with Croker the only regular.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

kris-ko wrote: February 23, 2019, 6:06 pm CNK looks solid and hungry for work, which will do for now. Wighton's defence was punishing and his running potential excites me.

Hunt and Horsburgh played themselves onto a bench slot for mine, alongside Havili and Lui.

Ryan Sutton has been quite anonymous thus far.

Winning tight ones at the death is fun!

Stream was a bit bitty (casting from Chrome) but otherwise fine for me, though Indian internet generally shames Australia's..
Thing is we've paid for Sutton and brought him out there... he's going to play the first half the season at least imo, anonymous or not.
Danaman137
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Danaman137 »

Seiffert82 wrote:Good to hear Horsburgh had another decent hitout.

Hilarious commentary about Sam Williams from the punters. Good to see Jack went OK too.

Sounds like plenty of room for improvement for our pack, and the backline was understandably out of sorts with Croker the only regular.
Cotric too. Jagged a double and was pretty good throughout

Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

T_R wrote: February 23, 2019, 6:27 pm

Didn’t watch, but if we haven’t fixed the infuriating habit (tactic?) of allowing opp teams to make 15m per hit up/70m per set... I won’t be watching.

Every good NRL side knows line speed is the key to dominating the ruck and controlling the game. Our master coach on the other hand? Well he DOES watch more closely/know better etc etc
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Danaman137 wrote: February 23, 2019, 6:10 pm From that performance my round 1 team is as follows:

1. CNK
2. Cotric
3. Croker
4. Leilua
5. Oldfield
6. Wighton
7. Sezer
8. Papalii
9. Hodgeson
10. Soliola
11. Tapine
12. Whitehead
13. J. Bateman

14. Havili
15. Hunt
16. Horsburgh
17. Lui/ L. Bateman/ Sutton

You've got most of it. I'm certain Ricky will pick Sutton and one of Lui/L Bateman and Hunt will miss out.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

MATCH REPORT: Canberra Raiders fight back again to beat Canterbury Bulldogs in trial

The Canberra Raiders have completed their second come-from-behind victory of the pre-season, beating the Canterbury Bulldogs 28-22 in Bega.

Down 16-points at half-time, the Raiders capitalised on Canterbury resting a number of their stars in the second half to earn a confidence-boosting victory.

Canberra Raiders 28 (Tries: N Cotric 2, R Hunt, B Simonsson, T Satini; Goals: J Croker 4) d Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 22 (Tries: K Holland 2, A Tolman, R Smith ; Goals: K Holland 2, N Meaney 1 )

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/02/23/can ... -in-trial/

https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/02 ... n-in-bega/

Match Highlights: Raiders v Bulldogs: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/02/23/mat ... -bulldogs/
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Danaman137 wrote: February 23, 2019, 6:43 pm
Seiffert82 wrote:Good to hear Horsburgh had another decent hitout.

Yep, good point.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Heres how I saw it:

Raiders vs Bulldogs trial, Bega.
Raiders triumph 28-22, with another last gasp win.

Scorers:
Dogs - 2 Holland, Tolman, Smith
Holland 3/4
Raiders - 2 Cotric, Hunt, Simonsson, Satini
Croker 4/5

Lets get into the players...

Hunt was a surprise starter, but repaid the faith, crashing over from a Hodgson short ball. His 2nd stint was better than his 1st too. Ran very hard. Could be another option for that last bench spot.

CNK, well, you can safely stamp the #1 on his butt. He was in everything all game long. Looked safe under the high ball, and rucked it out of our end. Still a bit clunky attacking the red zone though - whole team thing TBH. Pretty sure he played the full 80mins at fullback.

Wighton was rusty to start with. Bar a dropout, he didnt kick til the 55th min, even Croker kicked before him. Once he got his cutout pass radar working, that left edge came to life. His passes laid on 2 tries for Cotric, which was close to 3. He played 80mins too.

Sezer and Hodgo organized, and Sezer did the majorty of the general play kicking. He looked clunky in attack.

Williams looked better than Sezer TBH, but the extra game last wk would have helped. He has been instrumental in the 2 last gasp trial wins.

Guler came on as our 1st interchange, with 13 to go til the half. Looked busy. His 1st carry of the 2nd half was very strong. Played good mins.

Sutton played as the 4th prop. Still looks to be adjusting to the speed of the NRL, and probably the heat. He was ok.

Tapine and Whitehead played on the edges. Tapine was AMAZING!

Papa and Sia provided some serious starch in the middle, esp defensively.

Horsbough, the big red was again impressive. Very tough, runs really hard, fights in the tackle, and is hard to bring down. Strong defensively too. Still think he is a bench bolter.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Danaman137 wrote: February 23, 2019, 6:43 pm\

Cotric did well to score them, but they were really Wighton's tries.

I think Wighton struggled in the first half, from what I saw as a result of the defence rushing up on him. He was never comfortable, and looked panicked more than once, with a turnover/intercept coming from it. He was better with Williams and against reserve graders in the second, and made those two lovely passes to put Cotric over. If he's going to work out at #6, he's going to need to find himself another meter of space.

Not sure we have our halves sorted yet.

-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Undefeated.

Yeah sure they're trials but hey if we'd been beaten twice this place would be in meltdown.

Hopefully no injuries..we get BJ, JB back for Titans.

We strap in and enjoy...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

I'm not so worried about the line speed, I think it is perceived by fans as more of a problem than it is and we don't really defend much differently in that regard to other teams. The only thing I would say is the top teams are better at knowing when to pick it up or back it off.

Our bigger problem is holding our structure and making good decisions, that's the part that costs games.
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

How did Papa go in the trial?
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
greeneyed
Don Furner

2019 Trial 2 V Bulldogs: Teams and Game Day *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed »

Just sitting in the Merimbula Bowls Club. Seems to be called the Club Sapphire now.

Whole Bulldogs team just walked in. Dean Pay even said hi to me. He’s a nice bloke. I think the Bulldogs stayed at Coast Resort at Merimbula.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk