13%

Total votes: 16

Keghead
Noa Nadruku

Re: 2019 Trial 2 V Bulldogs: Teams and Game Day *Teams p1*

Post by Keghead »

T_R wrote: February 21, 2019, 8:56 pm
Keghead wrote:
T_R wrote: February 21, 2019, 8:47 pm Say what you want about the Raiders, but we really do produce a better class of redemption article.

I'd class this as second only to Todd Carney changing an old lady's tyre.
So the story is made up you think.... know all?

You really are a sook of the highest caliber.
Settle down, champ. I was laughing at the DT, not our resident bad boy.

You don't have to come riding in astride of Bellegano each time some mentions Jack, you know.
And you don't have to be a sarcastic clown each time the opportunity arises.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Keghead wrote:
Keghead wrote:
T_R wrote: February 21, 2019, 8:47 pm Say what you want about the Raiders, but we really do produce a better class of redemption article.

You don't have to come riding in astride of Bellegano each time some mentions Jack, you know.
It's my niche, like yours leaping online each time Jack's name is mentioned, or his beating random punters in Civic.

Stick to your strengths, I say.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Keghead
Noa Nadruku

Post by Keghead »

T_R wrote: February 21, 2019, 9:07 pm
Keghead wrote:
Keghead wrote:

It's my niche, like yours leaping online each time Jack's name is mentioned, or his beating random punters in Civic.

Stick to your strengths, I say.
And the sooking rolls on.Go have a yarn to mum if you're upset.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

TR and kegman go take this elsewhere, pm each other if you feel the need

No one wants to read it on here. It's getting very boring and turning others away from commenting

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Every time I think the joint has jumped the shark, they work something genuinely original into the script.

I love the Keghead character. He's a bit overplayed and I don't think they've quite worked out how to use him yet, but the jack-in-the-box defence of Wighton is still very entertaining.

Edit: And thank you for your feedback, Cat.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Is keghead Jack Wighton? Has anyone ever seen the two together?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gangrenous wrote: February 21, 2019, 9:47 pm Is keghead Jack Wighton? Has anyone ever seen the two together?
You'd have to guess the writers are heading for a shock reveal for the season finale, yes.

Keghead
Noa Nadruku

Post by Keghead »

T_R wrote: February 21, 2019, 9:22 pm Every time I think the joint has jumped the shark, they work something genuinely original into the script.

I love the Keghead character. He's a bit overplayed and I don't think they've quite worked out how to use him yet, but the jack-in-the-box defence of Wighton is still very entertaining.

As long as you are firing your pathetic shots it makes you feel some degree of self worth but as soon as someone fires back you get all defensive like nobody has the right to be as petty as you and that says plenty about your make up (not the stuff you put on in the morning) being rather weak but we can all pretend you are someone of note for the purpose of this exercise.

Ps Tell your kid to lift his head up when he runs the ball or he will get hurt but i suppose you already know that considering your intricate knowledge of the game so please share some more wonderful insight without the tinge of bitterness.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Keghead wrote: February 21, 2019, 10:30 pm
T_R wrote: February 21, 2019, 9:22 pm Every time I think the joint has jumped the shark, they work something genuinely original into the script.

As long as you are firing your pathetic shots it makes you feel some degree of self worth but as soon as someone fires back you get all defensive like nobody has the right to be as petty as you and that says plenty about your make up (not the stuff you put on in the morning) being rather weak but we can all pretend you are someone of note for the purpose of this exercise.

Ps Tell your kid to lift his head up when he runs the ball or he will get hurt but i suppose you already know that considering your intricate knowledge of the game so please share some more wonderful insight without the tinge of bitterness.
:D

Genuinely wonderful

zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

I'm also getting tired of T_Rs elitism :nooo . When do you think kegheads going to give up this defense of Wighton?

Never, T_R. Never. He can't live the button-down life like you. He wants it all: the terrifying lows, the dizzying highs, the creamy middles. Sure, he might offend a few of the bluenoses with his cocky stride and musky odors - oh, he'll never be the darling of the so-called "GH Clique" who cluck their tongues, stroke their beards, and talk about "What's to be done with this Keghead fellow?"
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

cat wrote: February 21, 2019, 9:22 pm No one wants to read it on here. It's getting very boring and turning others away from commenting

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
How the hell did you come to that conclusion? I love it. Keg v the world is exactly what this place needs. Being a mod doesnt mean you know what everyone wants
Dont delete this GE
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Bega Recreation Ground

Captains’ run from 10am.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Where is the helicopter parked GE?
Looks like a nice little ground.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Looks great.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

greeneyed wrote: February 20, 2019, 4:55 pm ...
Gallery: Bega Trial Day One: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/02 ... l-day-one/
It's hard to get a gauge on Simonsson. I thought he looked too small in the trial but in these photos he looks similar to Croker and Wighton.
CNK got some thicc quadies.
Croker's knee must be feeling ok, sheesh: Stretching out.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

For pictures from the captains' run, check The GH Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Whats your predicted lineup?
Dont delete this GE
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Those pictures bring back memories of Cross Country. The finish line used to be there at the end of the field.
Is the indoor basketball court still there? That was my jam when I was a teen

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Those pictures bring back memories of Cross Country. The finish line used to be there at the end of the field.

Yes it is.

Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

Looks like we have a very fit squad of players.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders co-captain Jarrod Croker on track with 'biggest gamble' away from NRL career

Jarrod Croker has had the horse racing bug since buying a stake in his first two horses when he was 18. He now has a stable of a dozed gallopers and trotters.

"One of my best mates Brad Hewitt trains and drives them and we got one together in about 2013 called him JT," Croker said. "We've had a few better ones since, but he was a great little fella, had a great turn of speed and he won five or six straight when he got here, and we were hooked then.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/02/22/jar ... rl-career/

Video: Raiders coaching coaches: The Canberra Raiders NRL Coaching staff spent Thursday night in Bega working with local coaches to help provide the best advice and answer questions to assist in creating better and more well-equipped coaches in the area: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/02 ... g-coaches/

Video: Raiders support junior carnival: Canberra Raiders Sam Williams and Jarrod Croker speak at the Country Cup carnival on Thursday: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/02 ... -carnival/

Captains’ Run Gallery: Bega Trial: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/02 ... ega-trial/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders employ sports psychologist to tackle close losses

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart has employed a sports psychologist to help his team win close games.

"We have employed, as a consultant, a sports psychologist who is doing a lot of different stuff in regards to helping me with game systems and more importantly doing a lot of work with our senior players with leadership," Stuart said. "When you’re hanging onto a two-point, four-point, six-point lead, I can feel the people in the stand behind me tensing up so how do you think the players are feeling.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 50z8p.html
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

At least it's a start. Thank **** that penny finally dropped.
Last edited by zim on February 22, 2019, 2:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

greeneyed wrote: February 22, 2019, 2:38 pm Canberra Raiders employ sports psychologist to tackle close losses

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart has employed a sports psychologist to help his team win close games.

"We have employed, as a consultant, a sports psychologist who is doing a lot of different stuff in regards to helping me with game systems and more importantly doing a lot of work with our senior players with leadership," Stuart said. "When you’re hanging onto a two-point, four-point, six-point lead, I can feel the people in the stand behind me tensing up so how do you think the players are feeling.

WHAAAT!!?? Just one? Off-field salary cap must be biting- Ricky promised us TEN!
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

greeneyed wrote:Canberra Raiders employ sports psychologist to tackle close losses

Well done, only 5 years after we actually needed one
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Good move. It goes against what Sticky has said in the past, I guess it's something they felt would be right to implement during an pre-season rather than try to begin it the day after another close loss mid season .
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

greeneyed wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote:Those pictures bring back memories of Cross Country. The finish line used to be there at the end of the field.

Yes it is.

Queue Madonna’s “This used to be my playground.”

Where are you staying while you’re down there GE? In town, or somewhere else?
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: February 22, 2019, 3:25 pm
greeneyed wrote:

Yes it is.

Queue Madonna’s “This used to be my playground.”

Where are you staying while you’re down there GE? In town, or somewhere else?
At Merimbula.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

-TW- wrote: February 22, 2019, 2:47 pm
greeneyed wrote:Canberra Raiders employ sports psychologist to tackle close losses

Did Dave have a sports psych? Probably would have done better if we had a team of sports psyches back then.
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

I don't understand how the last few posts relate to who's correct, TR or Keghead. Can we get back on topic please, this isn't a travel board.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

simo wrote: February 22, 2019, 11:31 am Whats your predicted lineup?
A question for me? Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad looks like he's definitely starting at fullback, with Jarrod Croker and Nick Cotric training in their usual positions. The right outside backs are a bigger question, given the absence of both Rapana and Oldfield at present... and I'll be honest, I didn't pay that much attention! Two youngsters will get a shot, Seb Kris at centre with Bailey Simonsson on the wing is most likely, I suspect. Matt Timoko spent some time out there at right centre too at training, and there's no doubt Tony Satini will spend some time on the wing at some stage.

Sezer and Wighton trained as the main halves.

With John Bateman out, there could be a young forward who gets shot at either second row or lock. My starting props would be Papalii and Soliola, with Sutton and Guler/Horsburgh as the prop interchanges. Hudson Young impressed me in Trial 1 and Jack Murchie also did pretty well. But I suspect Ricky Stuart will have Luke Bateman at lock in this trial. Hard to tell with the forwards, as some of them are pretty versatile.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

without Rapana, Oldfield and Leilua, I'm not going to read too much into tries that go down that edge
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

Sid wrote: February 22, 2019, 4:24 pm without Rapana, Oldfield and Leilua, I'm not going to read too much into tries that go down that edge
Yeah, it's normally a pretty solid edge ;)
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Green eyed Mick wrote:

Did Dave have a sports psych? Probably would have done better if we had a team of sports psyches back then.
That’s probably Sticky’s best decision he has made as Coach since 2016. Hallelujah

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Green eyed Mick wrote:

That’s probably Sticky’s best decision he has made as Coach since 2016. Hallelujah

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse