Post by Rick »

Very interesting to watch. Pretty average messaging

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Re: 2019 Trial 2 V Bulldogs: Teams and Game Day *Teams p1*

Post by Rickmando »

Can’t fault Keghead’s passion. He may not always put things eloquently but he makes some good points, and is passionate about his takes.

This place needs different voices to thrive - in general it doesn’t handle contrarian views very well (my opinion).

Free The Keg!!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Yeah, I love the Keghead! Just wish he had the occasional opinion that wasn’t just blind defence of Jack Wighton, but hey, EDIT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

Its still a better opinion than “i think such and such looks nice so i want them in the team” or “i trust whatever ricky tells me to trust”
Dont delete this GE
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Croker pleased with trial matches

Raiders Captain Jarrod Croker is pleased with the outcomes of the green machine's two recent trial matches. The Centre is excited about the young talent coming through at the Club whilst also touching on Jack Wighton's recent positional change.

Video: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/02 ... l-matches/
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

simo wrote: February 26, 2019, 7:22 pm Its still a better opinion than “i think such and such looks nice so i want them in the team” or “i trust whatever ricky tells me to trust”
What you talking about, simos??

I trust whatever Ricky tells me to trust, because Ricky is our man (this year)!
Keghead
Noa Nadruku

Post by Keghead »

Rick wrote: February 26, 2019, 6:04 pm Very interesting to watch. Pretty average messaging

Its not a writing contest nor a beauty pageant Rick.

Daley told everyone years ago with his quote about "Its a simple game played by simple people" etc when comparing it to Rugby but for some reason people write paragraphs of dribble trying to out do each other in the brainiac stakes when the same thing could be written in two easy lines most of the time.

They can call it what ever they want and flash the game up to attract the crowds (they certainly have bigger and stronger athletes now days), but the fact remains the same that all the basic things that your old man taught you (well I know mine did ) will remain the same "Run Straight" "Hit with your Shoulder" "Pass the Ball to a Player in a Better Position Than Yourself" Etc Etc.

I honestly don't understand why people try to make it more than that,its a fight for ground where the best tactics and the team with the most grit usually win and while the rules remain basically the same it's never going to be any more complex than that.

But the modern world has a real habit of thinking they invented something new from something old and ruining it.I'm more the Jack Gibson type as in just say what you've got to say but "keep it simple" so maybe I'm not a "Modern Type Guy" and I thank Christ for that. :)
simo
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Keghead

Post by simo »

The Rickman wrote: February 27, 2019, 2:31 pm
simo wrote: February 26, 2019, 7:22 pm Its still a better opinion than “i think such and such looks nice so i want them in the team” or “i trust whatever ricky tells me to trust”
What you talking about, simos??

I trust whatever Ricky tells me to trust, because Ricky is our man (this year)!
You make a good point, catman
Dont delete this GE
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

The Rickman wrote: February 26, 2019, 5:42 pm
simo wrote: February 22, 2019, 5:18 am
cat wrote: February 21, 2019, 9:22 pm No one wants to read it on here. It's getting very boring and turning others away from commenting

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
How the hell did you come to that conclusion? I love it. Keg v the world is exactly what this place needs. Being a mod doesnt mean you know what everyone wants
Hahaha absolutely spot on, simo. I have to say I was excited when I saw TR vs Keghead firing up, I think I was more excited than discussions about the game itself!
I’m still in raptures the way he sent Nick from Penrith packing! Haha
Keggy is cleaning up the streets!
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Keghead wrote:
Rick wrote: February 26, 2019, 6:04 pm Very interesting to watch. Pretty average messaging

Its not a writing contest nor a beauty pageant Rick.

Daley told everyone years ago with his quote about "Its a simple game played by simple people" etc when comparing it to Rugby but for some reason people write paragraphs of dribble trying to out do each other in the brainiac stakes when the same thing could be written in two easy lines most of the time.

They can call it what ever they want and flash the game up to attract the crowds (they certainly have bigger and stronger athletes now days), but the fact remains the same that all the basic things that your old man taught you (well I know mine did ) will remain the same "Run Straight" "Hit with your Shoulder" "Pass the Ball to a Player in a Better Position Than Yourself" Etc Etc.

I honestly don't understand why people try to make it more than that,its a fight for ground where the best tactics and the team with the most grit usually win and while the rules remain basically the same it's never going to be any more complex than that.

But the modern world has a real habit of thinking they invented something new from something old and ruining it.I'm more the Jack Gibson type as in just say what you've got to say but "keep it simple" so maybe I'm not a "Modern Type Guy" and I thank Christ for that. :)
TL;DR

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.