Warriors 13+
38%

Total votes: 8

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2018 Rd 25 V Warriors: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders look to upset New Zealand Warriors' Simon Mannering party

A top-four spot up for grabs and Simon Mannering's 300th NRL game on the eve of their first finals appearance in seven years. It's a massive occasion for the New Zealand Warriors, but the Canberra Raiders are looking to spoil the party.

"It's pretty tight in the top eight - I think the Warriors are only two points from coming second," Josh Hodgson said. "They're another good team that's playing well and we know we're going to have to be good. They've got everything to play for, it's Simon Mannering's 300th as well, so it's going to be a massive occasion and great atmosphere.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 500eo.html
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

Northern Raider wrote: August 29, 2018, 9:47 am
Raiders666 wrote: August 28, 2018, 7:42 pm
Northern Raider wrote: August 28, 2018, 5:10 pm Would rather Murchie on the bench instead of Bateman. If Sezer is fit then he comes into the halves and Austin replaces Bateman on the bench.
Isn't Murchie more of an edge 2nd rower?
Yes. Right now we have 4 middle forward on the bench. Both our starting edge forwards are both comfortable playing middle third as well. Guler and Paulo are part of our prop rotation. Havili can give Paps a spell while providing cover for Hodgo at hooker. Bateman is superfluous to needs.
Why break up a winning combination let these guys go out on a winning note. I agree Stuart should have blooded these guys in earlier once our season was over but with the past two wins let the guys play their last game and maybe finish with three straight.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

InFernos_Raiders wrote: August 30, 2018, 2:34 am
Northern Raider wrote: August 29, 2018, 9:47 am
Raiders666 wrote: August 28, 2018, 7:42 pm
Northern Raider wrote: August 28, 2018, 5:10 pm Would rather Murchie on the bench instead of Bateman. If Sezer is fit then he comes into the halves and Austin replaces Bateman on the bench.
Isn't Murchie more of an edge 2nd rower?
Yes. Right now we have 4 middle forward on the bench. Both our starting edge forwards are both comfortable playing middle third as well. Guler and Paulo are part of our prop rotation. Havili can give Paps a spell while providing cover for Hodgo at hooker. Bateman is superfluous to needs.
Why break up a winning combination let these guys go out on a winning note. I agree Stuart should have blooded these guys in earlier once our season was over but with the past two wins let the guys play their last game and maybe finish with three straight.
Nice sentiment but I don't see Bateman as being a key component of that "winning combination". This should be about looking forward to 2019 and who's likely to provide the most contribution there. Not making sure the existing team is all happy and getting the necessary hugs before they hit Mad Monday.

Even then I don't see Murchie replacing Bateman on the bench as being disruptive to team harmony.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I only see Sezer in for Guler/Bateman at this stage

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders acting captain Josh Hodgson speaks about the clash with the Warriors

Josh Hodgson spoke to the local media before flying out to Auckland as the green machine prepare to face the Warriors on Friday night.

The England international has said that the team are focused on the task at hand and are expecting a very physical clash against the Warriors.

Video: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... inal-word/

NRL Match Preview: Raiders v Warriors: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... -warriors/

Game Day Guide: Raiders v Warriors: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... -warriors/

Warriors v Raiders: Green still out; Raiders unchanged: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/28/new ... 5-preview/

NRL.com Video preview Warriors v Raiders - Round 25: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... -warriors/
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Warriors have nothing to lose if they lose and everything to gain IF they win by a reasonable score and boost their F&A.
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Sezer and Makatoa drop out.

Aidan Sezer and Makahesi Makatoa omitted from Canberra Raiders squad to meet New Zealand Warriors

The Canberra Raiders have omitted Aidan Sezer and Makahesi Makatoa from their squad of 21 to meet the New Zealand Warriors on Friday night. Jack Murchie and Liam Knight remain on the extended bench. For the Warriors, Bunty Afoa moves to starting prop in place of James Gavet, who drops out. Karl Lawton drops off the Warriors extended bench.

Canberra Raiders

1. Brad Abbey
2. Nick Cotric
3. Michael Oldfield
4. Joey Leilua
5. Jordan Rapana
6. Blake Austin
7. Sam Williams
8. Dunamis Lui
9. Josh Hodgson (C)
10. Shannon Boyd
11. Sia Soliola
12. Elliott Whitehead
13. Josh Papalii

14. Emre Guler
15. Junior Paulo
16. Siliva Havili
17. Luke Bateman

18. Jack Murchie
19. Liam Knight

New Zealand Warriors

1. Roger Tuivasa-Sheck (C)
2. David Fusitu'a
3. Peta Hiku
4. Solomone Kata
5. Ken Maumalo
6. Mason Lino
7. Shaun Johnson
16. Bunty Afoa
9. Issac Luke
10. Agnatius Paasi
11. Adam Blair
12. Tohu Harris
13. Simon Mannering

14. Jazz Tevaga
15. Isaiah Papali'i
17. Gerard Beale
18. Leivaha Pulu

20. Anthony Gelling
21. Chris Satae
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2018 Round 25 V Warriors: Pick the score

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders need to ride late-season surge into 2019

Their late-season resurgence is the silver lining that's given Canberra Raiders fans hope for next year. Now the Green Machine's final fling is an important chance to build the consistency they need to bring from the opening round of 2019.

"Moving forward looking at the youth coming through and the new faces coming to the club, and on the back of a positive note at the end of the year I think it's a good confidence boost for us going forward," Josh Hodgson said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... crpt=index
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders forward Junior Paulo says he won't fall into any traps during second stint at Parramatta Eels

Junior Paulo says family is his top priority and the simple reason he will not slip back into the wrong company upon his return to Parramatta on a whopping $2.8 million deal. Paulo plays his final game for Canberra on Friday night against the Warriors before he takes up a four-year contract with his former employer.

"I never live my life with regrets, it was a learning curve for myself, I was getting into trouble and I was a bit immature at the time," Paulo said. "My move to Canberra has been beneficial for me away from the footy field and helped me mature as a person and as a father.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 500ro.html
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Wasn't Sezer a hair's breadth away from playing last weekend?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

greeneyed wrote:Canberra Raiders forward Junior Paulo says he won't fall into any traps during second stint at Parramatta Eels

Junior Paulo says family is his top priority and the simple reason he will not slip back into the wrong company upon his return to Parramatta on a whopping $2.8 million deal. Paulo plays his final game for Canberra on Friday night against the Warriors before he takes up a four-year contract with his former employer.

"I never live my life with regrets, it was a learning curve for myself, I was getting into trouble and I was a bit immature at the time," Paulo said. "My move to Canberra has been beneficial for me away from the footy field and helped me mature as a person and as a father.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 500ro.html
700k for Paulo is still ridiculous money

I can't begrudge him for taking it
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Yep, more than 7% of your salary cap on a prop that plays 40 min a game is insane.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders one game away from unwanted NRL record

It's the unwanted record that perfectly sums up the Canberra Raiders' season, but captain Jarrod Croker says eliminating defensive lapses will help turn it into a positive. The Raiders are on track to become the first team in NRL history to lead the league in point scoring, but miss out on the finals.

"It's not ideal. You'd rather give any sort of stat just to be playing finals football. It also goes to show that stats don't mean everything do they," Croker said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... crpt=index

Jamie Feeney Interview: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... interview/
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

We're 35 points behind Souths now, I don't think that will happen
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

well that's good then..

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I might tip us, I'm 3 pts off the tipping comp win so must tip the round.

Edrick The Entertainer
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

I needed 2 more points than the guy coming first, so I've tipped Raiders and Naughts

If tonight is incorrect then I'll tip the dogs and so forth.. could go down in flames trying to win this thing

Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Sid wrote:I needed 2 more points than the guy coming first, so I've tipped Raiders and Naughts

If tonight is incorrect then I'll tip the dogs and so forth.. could go down in flames trying to win this thing
Win it or bin it

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
w3b3d1g1
David Shillington
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by w3b3d1g1 »

-TW- wrote: August 30, 2018, 6:04 pm Sezer and Makatoa drop out.
Omit Sezer permanently.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Sid wrote:I needed 2 more points than the guy coming first, so I've tipped Raiders and Naughts

same, it's all or nothing now

Edrick The Entertainer
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

Both these sides unpredictable and wild swings. Perfect game to back both teams on Sportsbet because you'd think it's probable one side is up by 10 and loses!
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Sid wrote: August 31, 2018, 2:22 pm I needed 2 more points than the guy coming first, so I've tipped Raiders and Naughts

A few years ago when I won the comp (brag intended) finals matches were included. Is that not the case anymore?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

gergreg wrote: August 31, 2018, 4:25 pm
Sid wrote: August 31, 2018, 2:22 pm I needed 2 more points than the guy coming first, so I've tipped Raiders and Naughts

A few years ago when I won the comp (brag intended) finals matches were included. Is that not the case anymore?
I just found out that finals are included.. I've never bothered to continue beyond round 6 in a tipping comp, let alone make it to finals!

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Sid wrote:
gergreg wrote: August 31, 2018, 4:25 pm

I just found out that finals are included.. I've never bothered to continue beyond round 6 in a tipping comp, let alone make it to finals!
not in ours, origin was though

Edrick The Entertainer