2019 Memberships

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by yurithe1 »

We got 20,000+ in 2018, despite the news that Hodgson had been injured. Something is very wrong here.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
Luffto
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Pigman

Post by Luffto »

I'm going to become a member when Ricky Stuart is sacked.

So, 2045.
yurithe1
David Furner

Post by yurithe1 »

Luffto wrote: November 28, 2018, 12:03 pm I'm going to become a member when Ricky Stuart is sacked.

So, 2045.
I skipped being a member one year as a protest against John McIntyre. He was gone the next year, IIRC.

Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

Luffto wrote: November 28, 2018, 12:03 pm I'm going to become a member when Ricky Stuart is sacked.

So, 2045.
Yep, no chance I’m contributing a single cent to this **** show in its current state.
yurithe1
David Furner

Post by yurithe1 »

I received my membership pack on Monday morning. The poncho is better quality than I expected. Certainly better than some I've owned in the past; they weren't much better than a garbage bag in some cases.

The membership sticker will be going on the car soon. The 30th anniversary sticker... errr, not a fan of the design, but I guess it's easy to reproduce at various scales.

Hopefully, the boys will have a great year and I'll find myself looking at how to upgrade my membership during the season.

UPDATE 29 January 2019:
I haven't gotten round to putting the sticker on my car yet and probably just as well. I read on a Raiders fans FB page that one fan's sticker has already started to fade.

This happened a few years ago when the poorly varnished sticker for that year looked older than the ones from previous years that were still on the rear window.

As far as I'm concerned, the sticker is one of the "must be included" items in a membership pack. I'm guessing someone doesn't know enough about printing to know what's required for a long-lasting sticker.
Last edited by yurithe1 on January 29, 2019, 10:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

When Stuart moves on I’ll become a member. Nice bloke, but not a coach
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Not happy with the way the club handled the Jack Wighton incident. I’ll be watching on TV but I won’t be parting with my hard earned next year.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The decision to take away one of our home games to Wagga - and effectively significantly increase our membership prices - has left a bad taste in my mouth. I've certainly renewed but I've pretty much decided I won't be going to Wagga.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I'll be going, I'm not going to sook about a home game being taken to a regional area just because it doesn't have a waited box
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

All I want is a grandstand seat, and some cover. But we can't get that at a reasonable cost. I think the members are being treated poorly. As I’ve said in another post, I’ve been treated better by other taking the Raiders to country venues, than by our own club.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders memberships stand at 7488, compared to 9163 at 6 December last year. Raiders currently running last on the membership tally (for clubs available). Raiders, Sea Eagles and Storm the clubs running behind last year's sales. Raiders trail on last year by the most.

Latest membership counts:

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32567- ... p-tracker/
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

I'm waiting until mid Feb. I have eye surgery so I'll be even more one eyed. I'm waiting to make sure my vision will be okay. There were games this season where I moved to the back of the stand to watch the Tv's because I couldn't see properly.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gerg... hope the eye surgery goes well.
Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Love em all

Post by Brewdle »

I get mine for Chrissie, missus always leaves it to the last minute

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

My son’s and my membership rolled over, however I’m still waiting to get the package. It’s part of the young blokes Xmas present so I hope it turns up

2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Mine was supposed to arrive yesterday. Hasn’t yet.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki

Post by Dusty »

greeneyed wrote:Mine was supposed to arrive yesterday. Hasn’t yet.
How do you track it?

2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I got an email from Australia Post saying it was coming. It has a tracking number. Processed in Sydney Sunday, due Wednesday... status “delayed”.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

greeneyed wrote: December 6, 2018, 6:07 pm Mine was supposed to arrive yesterday. Hasn’t yet.
Mine was meant to arrive yesterday but arrived Monday :D

Glad they used Australia Post this year instead of those courier please muppets who ended up attempting to deliver it somewhere in Sydney before giving up and sending it to me by putting their branded satchel into an Australia post parcel...
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Couriers Please EDIT

They didn't even bother to deliver something of mine so I had to drive across Canberra to get it
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote:gerg... hope the eye surgery goes well.
Thanks GE. I'm getting a new cornea.

Edit: new/old stock.

Shoving it in your face since 2017
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Schifty wrote:
greeneyed wrote: December 6, 2018, 6:07 pm Mine was supposed to arrive yesterday. Hasn’t yet.
Mine was meant to arrive yesterday but arrived Monday :D

Glad they used Australia Post this year instead of those courier please muppets who ended up attempting to deliver it somewhere in Sydney before giving up and sending it to me by putting their branded satchel into an Australia post parcel...
Last year was a shocker with "couriers please "

I asked the membership team at the last home game were they using them last year as last year both mine were signed for by "front door" . Thankfully a neighbour found them each time and put them at my f front door ( i am in a unit)

They said they were going back to Aus post after having to track down half the members packs last year.

" front door" signed for most of them in Sydney ( dont you hate doors with opposable thumbs!)

And in canberra it was "ian" signing them all, maybe he is the house elf? :)

Another great move by the nrl getting all clubs using the same courier last year Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

gergreg wrote: December 7, 2018, 7:05 am
greeneyed wrote:gerg... hope the eye surgery goes well.
Thanks GE. I'm getting a new cornea.

Edit: new/old stock.
Gee good luck with that. Pretty amazing what they can do these days.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Guess when Australia Post came calling... this afternoon during the only appointment of the week I couldn’t juggle if need be.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

greeneyed wrote: December 7, 2018, 8:14 pm Guess when Australia Post came calling... this afternoon during the only appointment of the week I couldn’t juggle if need be.
You know you can divert your parcel to a 24/7 parcel locker and then pick it up whenever you want? :)
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Mine arrived yesterday.
Yes I want to see changes at the Raiders but it won't stop me from being a Raiders Member. I love the green team.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

RedRaider wrote: December 7, 2018, 8:30 pm
Mine arrived yesterday.
Yes I want to see changes at the Raiders but it won't stop me from being a Raiders Member. I love the green team.
I’m glad to hear it Red.

What I’m struggling with these past few years is I’ve stopped loving them after 30 years of support. The club is playing checkers while so many others are playing chess, and the arrogance/ignorance of those involved at the top is infuriating.

I need changes made to get the love back. I can’t do it anymore with Stuart at the helm.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Mamando, I know exactly where you are coming from. I had given Sticky support up until this past year. All the talk about 'focus on defence' during the last off season kept me intrigued for what could happen. To say it was a disappointment is an understatement. All of the Coaches look at stats and know that the teams that win the comp are Top 4 defensively (The only exception over the past decade was Nth Qld in 2015 and they were 5th best defensively). It is the common thread to success. It is so long since the Raiders were in the Top 4 defensively that I cannot remember it. Matt or Ed will know, but the point is we are pretenders until we get our defensive mojo back.

I want to stay a member so the CEO and Board will know that I am a long term supporter/member of the Club and what is being dished up in terms of on field defensive performance is not acceptable. There does not seem to be performance KPIs in the Coaches contract. I don't want to know how much money he is being paid but I would like to see a copy of the section of the contract which relates to on field performance. Four out of five years it is F for Fail. Pass mark being a Top 8 spot. Distinction being a Top 4 defensive side. I long for the day we produce a defensive display like the Chooks did in the 2018 Grand Final. I know we all look for different things in the game, but the team needs to be operating 'as one' defensively. The bloke on the field who is the biggest threat is the bloke with the ball in his hands. Gang tackle that threat and drive him back. Have that as the team mind set and I think we will go so much better.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Latest membership count is 7976. That compares to 9163 at the same time last year. That is down almost 15 per cent.

It is the lowest membership tally for any club (where figures are available). The Storm (-1.3 per cent) and Sea Eagles (-2.7 per cent) are the other club that are down on last year.

Full figures: https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32567- ... p-tracker/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

BTW, got my membership pack today. Very good quality, especially the poncho. I know I have a biggish head... but it seems designed for small heads! Felt very constricting!
Dusty
Ruben Wiki

Post by Dusty »

greeneyed wrote:BTW, got my membership pack today. Very good quality, especially the poncho. I know I have a biggish head... but it seems designed for small heads! Felt very constricting!
I have a large head too... Mine arrived today. Haven’t opened it yet because it’s a Christmas present for the young bloke and I. Will check it out when he’s asleep.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders Christmas trading hours

The Canberra Raiders Headquarters in Bruce will be closed from 5.00pm Friday December 21, 2018 and will re-open for business at 9am on Monday January 14, 2019.

Membership – For all Membership enquiries during the holiday period please consult www.weareraiders.com.au or alternatively you can email membership@raiders.com.au and an employee of the membership team will respond when the office re-opens in January.

Raiders Shop – Orders will still be taken (including Bega trial match and Wagga match tickets) with dispatch to begin from January 9, 2019.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/12 ... ing-hours/
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

mamando wrote: November 28, 2018, 12:31 pm

So, 2045.
Yep, no chance I’m contributing a single cent to this **** show in its current state.
Yup, you can throw me in that boat too. First time without a membership in about a decade.

Not Stuart's fault though, he's not the one missing tackles out there. Have you ever coached?? No? Well you're not allowed an opinion then.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

RedRaider wrote: December 7, 2018, 8:30 pm
Mine arrived yesterday.
That's admirable, Red. But I think anyone who knows me knows how much I love the Canberra Raiders.

But I can't honestly continue to be a paid member while the club continues to be run the way it is. And if I can't make a statement by not paying for a membership or attending their games, then it seems to me there's no other way I can have a voice.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

I renewed by membership and got it yesterday, always will but it’s the best Scam going around. Better than the ATO scam even.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust