All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Wiggy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by Wiggy »

I just renewed.

Geez, I don't like the forced "auto-renewal" term and condition. I now have to make an extra phone call to HQ, to stop them taking money from me in September, when they could have just given me a tick box on the website if I wanted to setup auto renewal.

I don't know why they do this way? Its arguably illegal under unfair contract legislation (its probably fine, legally speaking as they would likely just give you your money back if you didn't realise it was set for auto renew, but it's getting close to the line)

From the ACCC website:https://www.accc.gov.au/business/busine ... -is-unfair
Example two: automatic rollover

A small business enters into a 12 month contract with an advertising company to manage its promotional activities. Despite the 12 month term of the contract, a term in the contract has the effect of automatically renewing the contract for a further 12 months unless the small business gives written notice that it does not wish to renew the contract at least six months before the initial term expires. Under the contract, the small business must pay a large fee if it wishes to terminate the contract early.

This term is likely to raise concerns as it allows the advertising company to automatically renew the contract without the small business’ express consent.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

They give you multiple warnings to opt out

And I had a call asking if I wanted to continue with monthly payments
Wiggy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by Wiggy »

So it takes MORE work for them if it's set to auto renew? (eg, they have to send multiple warnings and call people to make sure they are aware of it?!?)

That just seems so inefficient. Wouldn't be much easier to give you a tick box that lets you opt in to auto-renew, so they can be comfortable everyone who selects this has actually decided to auto-renew?
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

I'd rather get the automated phone call from a player again. Last time around, I was on holiday and got a friendly call from Campo. :)
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders hit 13,000 members for 2019

The Canberra Raiders membership tally for 2019 has broken through the 13,000 mark. The Raiders have now signed up 13,146 members, but that is down on the 15,650 people who had signed up at around the same time last year.

The Raiders now have more members than six other clubs (Dragons, Roosters, Cowboys, Bulldogs, Sea Eagles and Titans), but trail the leading clubs by a large margin. The Brisbane Broncos have signed over 28,000 members, while the Rabbitohs (27,856) and Eels (21,051) also have passed the 20,000 mark. The Eels are benefiting significantly from the opening of their new home in 2019, the Western Sydney Stadium.

The Rabbitohs, Eels, Knights, Tigers, Warriors, Sharks and Roosters are the only clubs that are ahead of their tallies at this time last year.

Detailed membership numbers: https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32567- ... p-tracker/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Latest membership figures

Canberra Raiders memberships for 2019 now stand at 13,365. That compares to 16,009 on 1 March 2018.

Raiders drop down in the membership race: https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32567- ... p-tracker/
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Roosters numbers are terrible for such a successful club. Everybody likes to throw up Tigers and Sharks for relocation or getting rid of but the Roosters really offer nothing to the competition.

On topic I finally got around to ordering my membership last week.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

gergreg wrote: March 5, 2019, 5:34 pm Roosters numbers are terrible for such a successful club. Everybody likes to throw up Tigers and Sharks for relocation or getting rid of but the Roosters really offer nothing to the competition.

On topic I finally got around to ordering my membership last week.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
So you're a roosters member now you absolute pig??
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

As the Raiders head into their first round match, 2019 memberships stand at 13,685. This compares to 17,217 at this time in 2018. The Raiders are running fifth last in the membership race: https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32567- ... p-tracker/
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I reckon we don't have that anonymous donation of 3000 junior memberships this season
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

-TW- wrote: March 16, 2019, 4:40 pm I reckon we don't have that anonymous donation of 3000 junior memberships this season
Isn't it normally more? All registered junior and senior players were included last year on a four game membership, is my understanding. It is one reason we had 20,000 members and average attendances of 12,000. The Rabbitohs have an even worse conversion rate of memberships to attendances.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I don't think seniors were, could be wrong
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

-TW- wrote: March 16, 2019, 5:04 pm I don't think seniors were, could be wrong
Pretty sure it started with the juniors and got extended to the seniors.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

greeneyed wrote: March 16, 2019, 5:34 pm
-TW- wrote: March 16, 2019, 5:04 pm I don't think seniors were, could be wrong
Pretty sure it started with the juniors and got extended to the seniors.
Did check this and it does include them. It comes as part of the package paid for by registration fees of players in the local competitions.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders set new membership record, breaks through 20,000 barrier for second straight year

The Canberra Raiders have set a new membership record for the fourth year in a row, while breaking through the 20,000-member mark for the second consecutive season.

The Raiders 2019 membership tally now sits at 20,062, eclipsing last season’s mark of 20,054 with memberships still on sale until June 30.

The club are encouraging fans who are not yet members to sign up before June 30 to take advantage of the many benefits of Raiders membership, including discounts on merchandise through www.raidersshop.com.au and food at GIO Stadium.

2019 members will also have the chance to purchase finals tickets before general sale, if the Raiders are to continue their great start to the season and secure a finals position.

Raiders CEO Don Furner said the club was proud to have set a new benchmark for club membership in 2019 and the higher membership numbers had helped to attract larger crowds at Raiders home matches this season.

“To set another membership record is another sign of the growing success of our club both on and off the field,” Furner said. “Not only are the players performing well on the field, they’re also engaging actively in the community which is attracting new members to the club.

“We’ve seen an increase in match day attendances this year as well, which is vital to the ongoing success of the club. Having more members is helping us to achieve this increase.”

The Raiders are currently averaging over 14,000 for matches at GIO Stadium this season, with four home matches remaining against the Tigers, Roosters, Sea Eagles and Warriors.

2019 Memberships are on sale until June 30 through www.weareraiders.com.au

Canberra Raiders media