2019 Memberships

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

User avatar
Brew
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6683
Joined: June 4, 2005, 11:35 am
Favourite Player: Blake Austin
Location: Bondi Junction

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by Brew » December 20, 2018, 4:27 pm

I renewed by membership and got it yesterday, always will but it’s the best Scam going around. Better than the ATO scam even.


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust

User avatar
yurithe1
David Furner
Posts: 3134
Joined: March 16, 2008, 10:27 am
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana and Josh Hodgson
Location: Canberra

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by yurithe1 » December 21, 2018, 12:43 pm

The Nickman wrote:
December 20, 2018, 2:59 pm
RedRaider wrote:
December 7, 2018, 8:30 pm
greeneyed wrote:
December 6, 2018, 6:07 pm
Mine was supposed to arrive yesterday. Hasn’t yet.
Mine arrived yesterday.
Yes I want to see changes at the Raiders but it won't stop me from being a Raiders Member. I love the green team.
That's admirable, Red. But I think anyone who knows me knows how much I love the Canberra Raiders.

But I can't honestly continue to be a paid member while the club continues to be run the way it is. And if I can't make a statement by not paying for a membership or attending their games, then it seems to me there's no other way I can have a voice.
Have you considered writing a letter to Don Junior? Not e-mail, an actual letter.

People are known to give letters more time because they're tangible, easier to read (use Times New Roman which is meant for the printed page, unlike Arial or Helvetica) and the recipient sub-consciously gives them extra weight.

In many cases, it will illicit a written response or a phone call if you provide that detail.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).

User avatar
T_R
Don Furner
Posts: 15665
Joined: August 4, 2006, 9:41 am
Location: Noosa

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by T_R » December 21, 2018, 2:03 pm

yurithe1 wrote:
December 21, 2018, 12:43 pm
The Nickman wrote:
December 20, 2018, 2:59 pm
RedRaider wrote:
December 7, 2018, 8:30 pm
greeneyed wrote:
December 6, 2018, 6:07 pm
Mine was supposed to arrive yesterday. Hasn’t yet.
Mine arrived yesterday.
Yes I want to see changes at the Raiders but it won't stop me from being a Raiders Member. I love the green team.
That's admirable, Red. But I think anyone who knows me knows how much I love the Canberra Raiders.

But I can't honestly continue to be a paid member while the club continues to be run the way it is. And if I can't make a statement by not paying for a membership or attending their games, then it seems to me there's no other way I can have a voice.
Have you considered writing a letter to Don Junior? Not e-mail, an actual letter.

People are known to give letters more time because they're tangible, easier to read (use Times New Roman which is meant for the printed page, unlike Arial or Helvetica) and the recipient sub-consciously gives them extra weight.

In many cases, it will illicit a written response or a phone call if you provide that detail.
They don't care, Yurithe.
Image

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 125349
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by greeneyed » December 21, 2018, 2:12 pm

I think the club is very good in responding to their members. And I think they do care, but they can't please everyone and at times they take decisions that some or many fans don't agree with. Certainly, if I email the club, be it the CEO or others... I always receive a response. I doubt there are many clubs in the NRL where the CEO responds to emails from members.
Image

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 29860
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by -TW- » December 21, 2018, 2:42 pm

So now we're just ahead of last year 10,157 versus 10,113.

https://twitter.com/RaidersCanberra/sta ... 5480375297

User avatar
RTW
David Furner
Posts: 3451
Joined: July 29, 2008, 7:05 pm
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley
Location: Brisbane

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by RTW » December 21, 2018, 2:56 pm

-TW- wrote:So now we're just ahead of last year 10,157 vs 10,113
I put it down to the great leadership shown by Hodgson!


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 125349
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by greeneyed » December 21, 2018, 3:18 pm

-TW- wrote:
December 21, 2018, 2:42 pm
So now we're just ahead of last year 10,157 versus 10,113.

https://twitter.com/RaidersCanberra/sta ... 5480375297
Were at 7976 at 13 December: https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32567- ... p-tracker/

Over 2,000 members in a week or two! Now in front of the Bulldogs and Sea Eagles...
Image

User avatar
zim
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6545
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by zim » December 21, 2018, 3:25 pm

How is this going to help with our halves problem?! They shouldn't sign anymore members until that is sorted!
(just to keep up with the recent tone).

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 125349
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by greeneyed » January 5, 2019, 11:53 am

Image

Canberra Raiders Facebook and Instagram.

No other details yet.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Image

FROG
Dean Lance
Posts: 844
Joined: April 7, 2008, 8:14 pm

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by FROG » January 6, 2019, 8:01 pm

Has anyone got their membership packs yet. I automatically renewed and am yet to receive it

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 125349
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by greeneyed » January 6, 2019, 8:22 pm

FROG wrote:
January 6, 2019, 8:01 pm
Has anyone got their membership packs yet. I automatically renewed and am yet to receive it
Hey FROG... If you were on automatic renewal, you should have received your pack before Christmas. Better ask the Raiders about it: membership@raiders.com.au

I've got to say, the membership team at the Raiders are absolutely terrific... always so keen to help solve any issue. They're a great team.
Image

User avatar
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Posts: 21552
Joined: March 17, 2007, 12:24 pm
Favourite Player: Bay56

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by Seiffert82 » January 6, 2019, 9:12 pm

RTW wrote:
December 21, 2018, 2:56 pm
-TW- wrote:So now we're just ahead of last year 10,157 vs 10,113
I put it down to the great leadership shown by Hodgson!


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
:lol:

Brewdle
Brett Mullins
Posts: 1271
Joined: February 28, 2008, 8:52 pm
Favourite Player: Love em all

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by Brewdle » January 6, 2019, 9:59 pm

HQ on hols and have said they won’t be filling orders until after the 9th, not sure if that affects membership or just club merch purchases


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 125349
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by greeneyed » January 6, 2019, 10:03 pm

They are fully back on deck on 14 January: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/12 ... ing-hours/
Image

User avatar
zim
Gary Belcher
Posts: 6545
Joined: July 8, 2015, 3:38 pm
Favourite Player: Past: Brett Mullins
Present: Elliot Whitehead
Location: Sydney

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by zim » January 8, 2019, 10:39 am

FROG wrote:
January 6, 2019, 8:01 pm
Has anyone got their membership packs yet. I automatically renewed and am yet to receive it
I didn't autorenew and I got mine before xmas so you should definitely chase that up.

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 125349
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by greeneyed » January 17, 2019, 12:31 pm

The Raiders have hit 11,504 members for 2019. That figure compares to 12,030 this time last year. The Raiders are now in front of four other clubs, the Bulldogs, Sea Eagles, Cowboys and Tigers.

Read more: https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32567- ... p-tracker/
Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 125349
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by greeneyed » January 17, 2019, 3:18 pm

2019 Raiders Fan Day at Raiders Belconnen

A huge day planned including the chance to see the Raiders NRL Squad train, watch the clubs junior representative teams in action, while 2019 members will have an exclusive signing session.

There will be the Raiders Viking ship, face painting, lucky door prizes and lots more, so be part of the action!

Members can pre-register by heading to http://bit.ly/2ANtt9G

TIMINGS (Subject to change)

9am - Gates Open for Members and Fans to watch NRL training

11am-11.30am - Interviews with players and coaching staff, lucky door prize draw and fans can run on the field.

11.30am-12.30pm - Members Only Signing session (Inside the club)

From Approx 12.00pm - Junior representative matches

Please be advised from 11.15am entry fees may apply for junior representative matches, so get there early!

Canberra Raiders Facebook page

Respond to the event: https://www.facebook.com/events/560521724422377/
Image

User avatar
Ginga
Clinton Schifcofske
Posts: 559
Joined: December 9, 2016, 4:24 pm

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by Ginga » January 17, 2019, 3:31 pm

zim wrote:
FROG wrote:
January 6, 2019, 8:01 pm
Has anyone got their membership packs yet. I automatically renewed and am yet to receive it
I didn't autorenew and I got mine before xmas so you should definitely chase that up.
Autorenew you say?.... Hmmm, methinks I may have doubled up on memberships this yearImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk


User avatar
-PJ-
Laurie Daley
Posts: 17332
Joined: May 8, 2010, 1:58 pm
Favourite Player: Joseph Tapine
Location: 416.9 km from GIO Stadium

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by -PJ- » January 18, 2019, 6:14 am

greeneyed wrote:
January 17, 2019, 3:18 pm
2019 Raiders Fan Day at Raiders Belconnen

A huge day planned including the chance to see the Raiders NRL Squad train, watch the clubs junior representative teams in action, while 2019 members will have an exclusive signing session.

There will be the Raiders Viking ship, face painting, lucky door prizes and lots more, so be part of the action!

Members can pre-register by heading to http://bit.ly/2ANtt9G

TIMINGS (Subject to change)

9am - Gates Open for Members and Fans to watch NRL training

11am-11.30am - Interviews with players and coaching staff, lucky door prize draw and fans can run on the field.

11.30am-12.30pm - Members Only Signing session (Inside the club)

From Approx 12.00pm - Junior representative matches

Please be advised from 11.15am entry fees may apply for junior representative matches, so get there early!

Canberra Raiders Facebook page

Respond to the event: https://www.facebook.com/events/560521724422377/
How does someone who's not attending get their hands on a 2019 team poster ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
I am not an alcoholic, I'm a binge drinker lacking opportunity..

User avatar
Dusty
Jason Croker
Posts: 4604
Joined: December 21, 2009, 12:25 pm
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by Dusty » January 18, 2019, 9:17 am

Was there a pin in this years package celebrating 89 / 30 years??


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
2019: 1. Wighton 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Oldfield (Rapana) 6. Williams 7. Sezer 8. Sutton 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Papalii 11. Tapine 12. Whitehead 13. J.Bateman ----
14. Havili 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Lui

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 29860
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by -TW- » January 18, 2019, 9:32 am

Ginga wrote:
zim wrote:
FROG wrote:
January 6, 2019, 8:01 pm
Has anyone got their membership packs yet. I automatically renewed and am yet to receive it
I didn't autorenew and I got mine before xmas so you should definitely chase that up.
Autorenew you say?.... Hmmm, methinks I may have doubled up on memberships this yearImage

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Also got mine, what feels like ages ago now

cat
Laurie Daley
Posts: 10873
Joined: April 1, 2008, 5:19 pm
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse
Location: Sydney

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by cat » January 18, 2019, 10:18 am

Dusty wrote:Was there a pin in this years package celebrating 89 / 30 years??


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Not that i remember

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk


User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 125349
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by greeneyed » January 18, 2019, 11:06 am

Dusty wrote:
January 18, 2019, 9:17 am
Was there a pin in this years package celebrating 89 / 30 years??


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
If there was, I didn't get one.
Image

User avatar
Dusty
Jason Croker
Posts: 4604
Joined: December 21, 2009, 12:25 pm
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by Dusty » January 18, 2019, 3:21 pm

greeneyed wrote:
Dusty wrote:
January 18, 2019, 9:17 am
Was there a pin in this years package celebrating 89 / 30 years??


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
If there was, I didn't get one.
Maybe I imagined that they were part of it...


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
2019: 1. Wighton 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Oldfield (Rapana) 6. Williams 7. Sezer 8. Sutton 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Papalii 11. Tapine 12. Whitehead 13. J.Bateman ----
14. Havili 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Lui

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 125349
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by greeneyed » January 18, 2019, 4:05 pm

Dusty wrote:
January 18, 2019, 3:21 pm
greeneyed wrote:
Dusty wrote:
January 18, 2019, 9:17 am
Was there a pin in this years package celebrating 89 / 30 years??


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
If there was, I didn't get one.
Maybe I imagined that they were part of it...


Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
I think that's because there's a logo that looks like a pin... but there is no pin.

https://weareraiders.com.au/packages/club-82/
Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 125349
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by greeneyed » January 29, 2019, 8:57 am

Canberra Raiders break 12,000 mark for 2019 memberships

The Canberra Raiders have broken through the 12,000 barrier for 2019 memberships, hitting 12,398. That's slightly behind the 12,712 posted in late January last year. The Raiders broke the 20,000 mark for the first time in 2018 - though that figure is believed to have been boosted by memberships for locally registered rugby league players, with a sponsor also pushing the number over 20,000 just before membership sales closed.

The South Sydney Rabbitohs, Brisbane Broncos and Parramatta Eels head the pack, with the Canterbury Bulldogs, Manly Sea Eagles and Gold Coast Titans in the doldrums.

Membership numbers have lifted for the Rabbitohs, Eels, Knights, Tigers, Sharks, Warriors, Dragons, Roosters, Cowboys and Titans, compared with the same time last year - but are trailing for the Broncos, Storm, Panthers, Raiders, Sea Eagles and Bulldogs.

South Sydney Rabbitohs 27,298
Brisbane Broncos 25,049
Parramatta Eels 19,951
Melbourne Storm 18,332
Newcastle Knights 15,889
Wests Tigers 15,512
Penrith Panthers 13,846
Cronulla Sharks 13,279
New Zealand Warriors 12,713
St George Illawarra Dragons 12,403
Canberra Raiders 12,398
Sydney Roosters 12,065
North Queensland 11,351
Canterbury Bulldogs 10,153
Manly Sea Eagles 9,242
Gold Coast Titans 5,466

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/membership/
www.weareraiders.com.au
https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32567- ... p-tracker/
Image

User avatar
yurithe1
David Furner
Posts: 3134
Joined: March 16, 2008, 10:27 am
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana and Josh Hodgson
Location: Canberra

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by yurithe1 » January 29, 2019, 10:22 am

Speaking of sponsors, I was watching a doco about the NFL's Kansas City Chiefs and a player mentioned that sponsors competed for the right to wear a red jacket by selling memberships. Those who won were given the privilege of wearing their jacket and standing near the players' tunnel to welcome the side as they ran onto the field. Add logos or some other form of marketing for the successful sponsors and you could have something here.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 125349
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by greeneyed » February 8, 2019, 10:43 am

Canberra Raiders fan day

Members and fans are encouraged to come to Raiders Belconnen for the 2019 Canberra Raiders fan day, followed by the Round 1 Tarsha Gale Cup and Harold Matthews matches.

Date: Saturday, February 9.
9am - Gates Open for Members and Fans to watch NRL training
10:30am-11.30am - Interviews with players and coaching staff, lucky door prize draw and fans can run on the field.
11.30am-12.30pm - Members Only Signing session (Inside the club)
From 12.00pm - Junior representative matches

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/02 ... s-preview/
Image

User avatar
yurithe1
David Furner
Posts: 3134
Joined: March 16, 2008, 10:27 am
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana and Josh Hodgson
Location: Canberra

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by yurithe1 » February 8, 2019, 11:34 am

With the influx of new faces, I hope they have something on the tables to say who the new players are.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 125349
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by greeneyed » February 9, 2019, 6:07 am

Latest membership tally is 12,558, which compares to 14,173 at this time last year. Raiders in front of the Roosters, Cowboys, Bulldogs, Sea Eagles and Titans.

https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32567- ... p-tracker/
Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 125349
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by greeneyed » February 11, 2019, 11:05 am

Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 125349
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by greeneyed » February 12, 2019, 11:51 am

Video: Canberra Raiders Fan Day: Members young and old flocked to Raiders Belconnen to meet the players and watch training ahead of the 2019 season: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/02 ... s-fan-day/
Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 125349
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by greeneyed » February 21, 2019, 1:01 pm

Latest membership tally:

12,936, this compares to 15,136 as at 15 February 2018.

The Raiders tally is ahead of five other NRL clubs: https://leagueunlimited.com/news/32567- ... p-tracker/
Image

User avatar
greeneyed
Don Furner
Posts: 125349
Joined: January 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by greeneyed » February 21, 2019, 1:04 pm

British golfer Dame Laura Davies signs up as a member of the Canberra Raiders

Renowned British golfer Dame Laura Davies has joined the Canberra Raiders family after becoming a member of the club. After meeting Ricky Stuart last year at a golf event, Davies has quickly become an avid fan of the club.

“I’ve never been a massive rugby league follower but ever since I realised what he did here and what the team does for the community I thought I’d start following them,” Davies said.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2019/02 ... rs-family/
Image

User avatar
-TW-
Mal Meninga
Posts: 29860
Joined: July 2, 2007, 11:41 am

Re: 2019 Memberships

Post by -TW- » February 21, 2019, 1:07 pm

Does she have 3000 friends?

Post Reply