Piggy finished his career in reggies...

In your face..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Re: ABC Canberra Grandstand after 11am

Post by Roy Rover »

greeneyed wrote: August 18, 2018, 11:28 am I'm almost sure Ricky was calling David Polkinghorne, "Pokemon"... !
Typical Ricky.

Shoot the messenger.

Has Polkinghorne even mentioned Barrett?

Even did he would have only have been only doing his job!!
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

Peter wrote: August 18, 2018, 11:25 am So the comment about "never doing anything in their life" refers to....who exactly Ricky? You don't have to of played rugby league for 15 years to know that our team sucks Rick. Mate, you are the captain of the ship, you take the responsibility.
:clap:
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

edwahu wrote: August 18, 2018, 2:08 pm
FROG wrote: August 18, 2018, 12:56 pm I love the he bleeds green, he is harder on himself than anyone else etc so he must be the right man for the job... That could be true. What could also be true is that he actually isn't an elite coach and effort/passion for the club has nothing to do with it. Oh hang on, I've had a successful banking career, but because I haven't played league in in over 20 years I can't know what I'm talking about..
Just playing devil's advocate but would you cop criticism of your banking career from Ricky?
What about the prime minister? He is highly criticised by people every day who have zero political experience.

Let's face it, if you are running or leading a public organisation you can expect to be criticised, mostly by people who probably won't have anywhere near the qualifications or credentials. It's all part and parcel of it.

Stuart is a defeated man. You can tell in his press conferences he knows it himself. The excuses which he has recently started to spin are just a deflection to buy time.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: Ricky Stuart on ABC Canberra Grandstand

Post by Botman »

I’ve thought about this a bit today and for the life of me I can’t think of a more petulant and embarrassing response to criticism in all my time following this club

Stuart should be utterly **** ashamed of himself for that performance. The idea that he’s some hard luck coach who takes the slings like water off a ducks back and doesn’t make excuses because “it’s not in my DNA” is as fruadulant as any thing this club has seen

What a joke of a man he is
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

But he thinks deeper than anybody else involved in rugby league...deep.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Pigman wrote: August 18, 2018, 4:36 pm I’ve thought about this a bit today and for the life of me I can’t think of a more petulant and embarrassing response to criticism in all my time following this club

Stuart should be utterly **** ashamed of himself for that performance. The idea that he’s some hard luck coach who takes the slings like water off a ducks back and doesn’t make excuses because “it’s not in my DNA” is as fruadulant as any thing this club has seen

What a joke of a man he is
I have wondered how he could manage to leave as the most despised coach ever at his last 3 clubs, now I think I get it.
nemesis
Brett Mullins

Post by nemesis »

of course people are entitled to their opinion but some people carry on like pork chops and like i have said think they could do a better job but couldn't in a million years.

yes the defence and close losses have been super frustrating and i'm sure he he is just as annoyed and he has mentioned it, not everything is up to the coach to fix, players need to be held accountable too and i think they have as our 3 biggest disappointing have been moved on and we have a few coming in that should do well and help fix some issues.

people saying he's so bad because we went from 2nd to missing the 8 twice, yes it doesn't look good but i feel he has had some excuses this year with injuries, suspensions and there are 3-4 games where refereeing calls cost us 2 points.

Look at the cowboys, GF to spoon contenders and they re-signed their coach and brisbane tried to get him, Parra, tipped to go well and spoon contenders and arthur was the man last year, it just goes to show how hard the comp is for so many reasons, some out of clubs control.

People mention his record but he has also taken on 3 clubs in a **** position, all these other coaches who everyone go on about as the greatest coaches like bellamy and bennet (don't get me wrong they are great coaches) would never take on such a hard task like stuart has and their teams as we all know get gifted games left, right and centre which helps their win record hugely, they have had some of the best players ever to play and are at clubs that find it easy to get TPA's and have centre of excellence's which we will have soon.

At the end of the day you won't find a man that bleeds as much green as him and wants the club to succeed, the stuff he has done with the community and past legends, not to mention the membership growth and the players all love him, if he was ever replaced as coach it would have to be with him moving to another role with the club where he can continue he's good work he has started for the club.
raider 4 life
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

What garbage

1 finals appearance in 5 years.. explain that

I'll give you the tip, it's not all bad luck and "bad refereeing decisions"
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

nemesis wrote: August 18, 2018, 5:35 pm of course people are entitled to their opinion but some people carry on like pork chops and like i have said think they could do a better job but couldn't in a million years.

yes the defence and close losses have been super frustrating and i'm sure he he is just as annoyed and he has mentioned it, not everything is up to the coach to fix, players need to be held accountable too and i think they have as our 3 biggest disappointing have been moved on and we have a few coming in that should do well and help fix some issues.

people saying he's so bad because we went from 2nd to missing the 8 twice, yes it doesn't look good but i feel he has had some excuses this year with injuries, suspensions and there are 3-4 games where refereeing calls cost us 2 points.

Look at the cowboys, GF to spoon contenders and they re-signed their coach and brisbane tried to get him, Parra, tipped to go well and spoon contenders and arthur was the man last year, it just goes to show how hard the comp is for so many reasons, some out of clubs control.

People mention his record but he has also taken on 3 clubs in a **** position, all these other coaches who everyone go on about as the greatest coaches like bellamy and bennet (don't get me wrong they are great coaches) would never take on such a hard task like stuart has and their teams as we all know get gifted games left, right and centre which helps their win record hugely, they have had some of the best players ever to play and are at clubs that find it easy to get TPA's and have centre of excellence's which we will have soon.

At the end of the day you won't find a man that bleeds as much green as him and wants the club to succeed, the stuff he has done with the community and past legends, not to mention the membership growth and the players all love him, if he was ever replaced as coach it would have to be with him moving to another role with the club where he can continue he's good work he has started for the club.

Wow.
I have endless love and respect for what you achieved as a football player but with all due respect Mr Stuart, as a coach I think you’re a fraud and a **** and you should resign
luke
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by luke »

Let’s settle this.

In order to criticise the performance of a coach or player, I don’t need to be able to demonstrate that I could do better.

I just need to be capable of understanding the basic measures of good and bad performance.

Such measures for a coach include finals appearances, win percentages, and points scored versus points conceded.

Very few people get to experience the esteem and high remuneration that comes from being a first grade coach.

As a fan and member, I just expect that those who do are subject to the same accountability as other coaches and that they have the perspective to understand that they might receive some criticism if their team isn’t performing.

This is not hard to understand.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

luke wrote:Let’s settle this.

In order to criticise the performance of a coach or player, I don’t need to be able to demonstrate that I could do better.
Absolute rubbish. You need to have played first grade, and ended your career at that level.

It's the same as politics - you can't have an opinion on the way the country is run if you weren't at least a front bencher.

Simple.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Exactly. The same expectations of any other coach at any other club is not unreasonable.

The fact the Griffin has been sacked and McGregor and Bennett are under pressure, despite having far better records in recent seasons further highlights just how little accountability there is at the Raiders.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Destroyer of clubs 101.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gergreg wrote: August 18, 2018, 2:35 pm People expressing their opinions on a game where people chase a ball around a paddock shows that they love the game and the club. If you don't have people invested in the game there really is no game. Why is that so difficult to understand?
When Ricky was playing rugby union I was supporting this club. When Ricky was playing for the Raiders I was supporting this club. When Ricky played for the Bulldogs I was supporting this club. When Ricky was coaching the Bulldogs, the Roosters, the Sharks and Eels I was supporting this club. But somehow he thinks I'm not entitled to an opinion on this club?
You're obviously not passionate enough about the team to comment about anything gerg!

I have to say, and this is no knee jerk reaction, it is considered and well thought through... I'm extremely disappointed in the club today, after that interview.

But, of course, I'm no doubt not qualified to have any opinion.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Does Barnaby Joyce know his partner is working as Ricky Stuart's media adviser?

I guess the only thing left is to get a personally signed letter in the mail telling us to go **** ourselves.

Also what does he think having a shot at Mark Riddell will achieve?
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

T_R wrote: August 18, 2018, 7:10 pm
luke wrote:Let’s settle this.

Absolute rubbish. You need to have played first grade, and ended your career at that level.

It's the same as politics - you can't have an opinion on the way the country is run if you weren't at least a front bencher.

Simple.
oh....
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Schifty wrote: August 18, 2018, 8:25 pm
I guess the only thing left is to get a personally signed letter in the mail telling us to go **** ourselves.
I think that's in the membership pack this year.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

edwahu wrote: August 18, 2018, 9:15 pm
I heard that if you sign up for a platinum membership he'll knock on your front door so he can get in your face as he personally delivers it.
woppadingo
Brett Mullins

Post by woppadingo »

Rickys interview can be summed up as "Haters gonna hate".
Really just proves he is as pig headed as Gould thinks.
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

Schifty wrote: August 18, 2018, 8:25 pm Does Barnaby Joyce know his partner is working as Ricky Stuart's media adviser?

Also what does he think having a shot at Mark Riddell will achieve?
I think he thinks it will stop others trying to have a dig at him... Its worked for him this far in his career
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Schifty wrote: August 18, 2018, 9:28 pm
I heard that if you sign up for a platinum membership he'll knock on your front door so he can get in your face as he personally delivers it.
He’ll personally knock on our front doors and shove it in our faces?
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

I wonder if Polkie will come in for any special treatment from Ricky at the post match press conference.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Roy Rover wrote: August 18, 2018, 9:48 pm I wonder if Polkie will come in for any special treatment from Ricky at the post match press conference.
He's probably been blacklisted from any Raiders functions just so he learns his place.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I'm fairly drunk so I'm probably clearer than usual.
Today's interview proves stick knows he's under the pump and everyone is onto him.

I'm with gerg, Players and coaches come and go, us, we are here before during and after

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote: August 18, 2018, 7:56 pm
gergreg wrote: August 18, 2018, 2:35 pm People expressing their opinions on a game where people chase a ball around a paddock shows that they love the game and the club. If you don't have people invested in the game there really is no game. Why is that so difficult to understand?
When Ricky was playing rugby union I was supporting this club. When Ricky was playing for the Raiders I was supporting this club. When Ricky played for the Bulldogs I was supporting this club. When Ricky was coaching the Bulldogs, the Roosters, the Sharks and Eels I was supporting this club. But somehow he thinks I'm not entitled to an opinion on this club?
You're obviously not passionate enough about the team to comment about anything gerg!

I have to say, and this is no knee jerk reaction, it is considered and well thought through... I'm extremely disappointed in the club today, after that interview.

But, of course, I'm no doubt not qualified to have any opinion.
Absolutely you are qualified. The hours and effort you put into this club to then receive this Bull from the head coach. Same applies to any fan of the club.

We went through a similar period in Furner's last days when the club basically said they didn't give a **** if no fans turned up to support them (or something similar).

Unfortunately I have a sick feeling in my stomach that Ricky will see out another 2 full years as coach and still be searching for answers in 18 months time. I hope I am wrong and I'll be the first one congratulating the coach if he turns it around but his record of driving clubs into the dirt is pretty hard to ignore. But this stupid idiot will buy a membership next year and drag my sorry **** out to home games and cheer them on when they win. I will be absolutely gutted with each and every loss, but i will continue to ride this rickety (see what i did there) rollercoaster because it's my **** team. I'll still be here supporting this club when half these current players are playing for another side. But apparently im not allowed to have or express an opinion on the club.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

kiwi raider wrote:
Schifty wrote: August 18, 2018, 9:28 pm
He’ll personally knock on our front doors and shove it in our faces?
Yes, yes he will
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

The dropkick is nearly done. Thank God!
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

FROG wrote: August 18, 2018, 12:56 pm I love the he bleeds green, he is harder on himself than anyone else etc so he must be the right man for the job... That could be true. What could also be true is that he actually isn't an elite coach and effort/passion for the club has nothing to do with it. Oh hang on, I've had a successful banking career, but because I haven't played league in in over 20 years I can't know what I'm talking about..
Just playing devil's advocate but would you cop criticism of your banking career from Ricky?
Funnily enough, when someone unqualified questions my work I'm generally quite dismissive. The problem with stick is that he has some obvious flaws and until he accepts them and continues to deflect the cause of our problems he can never improve. He blames injuries but teams have had it worse then us and succeeded. We had little injuries last year yet failed. People say the players are to blame which may be true but if it is true then why doesn't he drop them? I struggle to see how anyone can absolve him of responsibility for our predicament. He is the cause and until he accepts it nothing will change
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

FROG wrote:
Funnily enough, when someone unqualified questions my work I'm generally quite dismissive. The problem with stick is that he has some obvious flaws and until he accepts them and continues to deflect the cause of our problems he can never improve. He blames injuries but teams have had it worse then us and succeeded. We had little injuries last year yet failed. People say the players are to blame which may be true but if it is true then why doesn't he drop them? I struggle to see how anyone can absolve him of responsibility for our predicament. He is the cause and until he accepts it nothing will change
Criticism should be considered on the merits of the critique, not the experience of the person giving the critique. For obvious reasons, criticisms from non-experts often don’t consider factors that those familiar with the area consider.

In this case Ricky’s coaching has flaws that are apparent to the layman. If he actually considered the feedback instead of going straight to fight-mode perhaps he’d have found a way to address the close losses.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

RTW wrote: August 18, 2018, 2:01 pm
nemesis wrote:He's spot on, he's talking about all the know everything **** on social media, if the shoe fits, lace it up people. no matter what he say's he cops it, everyone just looking to spin his words and make it something it's not, i can see that just from reading the comments here.

So many parra fans still to this say blame him for parra's **** show, brain dead idiots who have no clue.
People say he only won a comp because he inherited a great team, still a **** coach would have blown that opportunity and not won.

It's a hard gig and so many people who wouldn't have the slightest clue what to do think they have all the answer's, i reckon a fair few of those people are terrible at their jobs or don't even have one.

The world is full of social media sooks and know it all's.

He may be spot on but more so then ever the “keyboard Warrior “ is a part of society and to complain about people on here voicing their opinion why have a forum if not to voice opinion.

His reality is that he has a career coaching record less then 50% and has coached a team to the finals just twice in over a decade. True people criticise him but is it not warranted?

Isn’t going from a prelim final to not even making the finals in consecutive season something worth questioning?

Again people give opinion on how to fix it because we are on a forum. I openly criticise the coaching of our defence which for the past ten seasons we have failed to be a top 8 defensive team in all but one of those seasons. Just because I don’t have NRL coaching experience does it mean I shouldn’t discuss this???
Thats sounds a lot like logic. That kind of thing isnt welcome in Raiders HQ
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

We have always known the Raiders are a bit backwards when it comes to tech, so its no surprise they believe the world of social media is whoey.

This is a club that continues to thank its fans for showing up to games, esp the die hards in the cold etc, but then tell them to not have an opinion on it.

They obviously live in their own reality, one where they can do no wrong, people are more like dogs, loving the team unconditionally and without question, because that 'thanks for coming out' keeps the tail wagging. That the refs and NRL are out to get them. Blah blah blah

Hmmmmm...
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

A poor tradesman always blames his tools.
Ricky you said we couldn't win without rep players ... You now have them.
You said you could fix these defensive issues... You haven't
You said our season was cruelled by injury, what happened in 2017 then ?
You said our first choice halfback being injured played a part in this season, yet you played him at bench hooker for the start of the year.
You are full of ****. Please give yourself an uppercut on the way out the door and let us get a real coach that knows what he is doing. Thanks for your effort. But its not good enough for a professional sports team.
Roy Rover
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Roy Rover »

gergreg wrote:
Roy Rover wrote: August 18, 2018, 9:48 pm I wonder if Polkie will come in for any special treatment from Ricky at the post match press conference.
He's probably been blacklisted from any Raiders functions just so he learns his place.

If you read Polkinghorne’s latest piece he mentions Ricky is not answering his calls ImageImageImage
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Absolutely disgusting stuff from Ricky. He really needs to hit the road.

Does this fraud realise he has the most protected and insulated coaching gig in the game? If he was at pretty much any other club, this first flicker of criticism would have arrived 6-18 months ago.

He has been absolutely blessed that it has taken this long for the the first shot to come (and even then only from a marginal media personality); and doubly so that he has the gutless NSW/ACT journalists in his pocket.
Up The Milk