Canberra launch Manly raid

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Canberra launch Manly raid

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders launch Manly Sea Eagles coaching raid

Trent Barrett might not be the only coach heading out the Manly exit, as the Canberra Raiders look to revamp their coaching structure for 2019. It's believed the Green Machine are in talks with Manly assistant John Cartwright and former New Zealand Warriors head coach Andrew McFadden to join head coach Ricky Stuart next season.

Current Mounties NSW Cup coach Ryan Carr is also in the mix to replace Canberra assistant Mick Crawley, who will leave the Raiders.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zy2g.html
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Re: Canberra launch Manly raid

Post by Botman »

When you got a chance to raid the coaching staff of one of the few clubs out stinking your own, you gotta take it
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Carty and Cappy to help Crappy...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

The Polkster wrote:Furner said they would also look into having two trials next year, instead of the usual one.
Doubling the preparation. This is it boys.
Last edited by zim on August 17, 2018, 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

Does it include Tapau????
Perth Based Raiders Fan
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Pigman wrote: August 17, 2018, 5:21 pm When you got a chance to raid the coaching staff of one of the few clubs out stinking your own, you gotta take it
It'd be nice if we tried to sign at least 1 person from a top 4 club. They wouldn't come here but it would be some ride consarn it.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

This is the same trick they pulled when Furner was stinking it up.

Swapping assistants didn't solve any of Furner's problems with il-discipline and lack of commitment and it won't solve Ricky's.
Chicka Chicka Chicka
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Chicka Chicka Chicka »

Since when was Crawley leaving the club? Jeez that’s not good news. Any idea where he’s going?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

There was some interest from the super league
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Probably somewhere where they dont do **** like move him into the defensive assistant role, when he's been a stand out attacking assistant for years, in order to hand Brett White a job that he doesnt really seemed to have earned.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I like Carty, I'd be happy with him as an assistant

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

as an infrequent visitor I hate Sunday afternoon home games. Saturday night is so much easier to come down stay and drive home Sunday

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Chicka Chicka Chicka wrote: August 17, 2018, 5:51 pm Since when was Crawley leaving the club? Jeez that’s not good news. Any idea where he’s going?
Have posted it here some time ago... he’s resigned it seems.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Did anyone else read “Canberra launch Manly Raid” and thought the latest iteration of the Raiderettes were going on the Bachelor?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Bryce at 5/8th will fix our defensive dramas.
chris83
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia, hodgo, all of the magnificent b**tards!!!

Post by chris83 »

Bryce cant tackle
I've got legs, and i know how to use them
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

chris83 wrote: August 17, 2018, 7:27 pm Bryce cant tackle
chris83
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia, hodgo, all of the magnificent b**tards!!!

Post by chris83 »

edwahu wrote: August 17, 2018, 7:30 pm
chris83 wrote: August 17, 2018, 7:27 pm Bryce cant tackle
Oh. Ahahahahahaaha
I've got legs, and i know how to use them
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

TBH Cartwright would do a great job as being the scapegoat for the 2019 review where we try work out why we finish 11th.
Bay53
Steve Walters

Post by Bay53 »

zim wrote: August 17, 2018, 5:33 pm
Pigman wrote: August 17, 2018, 5:21 pm When you got a chance to raid the coaching staff of one of the few clubs out stinking your own, you gotta take it
It'd be nice if we tried to sign at least 1 person from a top 4 club. They wouldn't come here but it would be some ride consarn it.
Interesting. There is this bloke who was the Assistant Coach at the Cowboys when they won the premiership. This year he has been really instrumental in the rise of South Sydney. I have a feeling he might have been a head coach before. I think I read he has some family in the area too.

Can’t remember his name but why aren’t we going after him.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Bay53 wrote:
Interesting. There is this bloke who was the Assistant Coach at the Cowboys when they won the premiership. This year he has been really instrumental in the rise of South Sydney. I have a feeling he might have been a head coach before. I think I read he has some family in the area too.

Impossible. I distinctly remember the club extending him early in his contract because he was at such risk of being poached by a rival club.

Im sure a coach of that calibre is off leading one of the premiership front runners by now.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Well we picked up all the Eels coaches after they won the spoon. Makes sense to follow same strategy again.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

If we're targeting Manlys finest we should entice young Hodgkinson. Now there's a guy who will go down as an Immortal.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Bay53 wrote:

Haha ticks all the boxes.
EVH
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Albert Fulavai

Post by EVH »

Speaking of Manly The Rugby League DIgest just did a retrospective on the 1987 season which is definitely worth a listen for any Raiders tragic. Only in the 80's could a bunch of QLD"S move to the coldest climate in AUS for GLORY.BOUND FOR GLLLLLORY< WE"RE BOOOOOUND FOR GLORY> Up the mighty Hawks!!! i mean Raiders.
Ah, might as well jump (Jump!) Might as well jump Go ahead an' jump (jump!) Go ahead and jump Ow oh, hey you! Who said that?
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Good to see the new assistant coaching arrangement for next season has been sorted, months before our apparent review of 2018 has been undertaken.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Seiffert82 wrote: August 18, 2018, 6:40 am Good to see the new assistant coaching arrangement for next season has been sorted, months before our apparent review of 2018 has been undertaken.
Well it leaves our think tank with very little to do...

Just tie up some loose ends and rip into another tough pre season.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

-PJ- wrote: August 18, 2018, 7:17 am
Seiffert82 wrote: August 18, 2018, 6:40 am Good to see the new assistant coaching arrangement for next season has been sorted, months before our apparent review of 2018 has been undertaken.

Indeed.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Its my understanding there is a ballboy available at the Melbourne Storm we are looking at
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

EVH wrote: August 18, 2018, 3:31 am Speaking of Manly The Rugby League DIgest just did a retrospective on the 1987 season which is definitely worth a listen for any Raiders tragic. Only in the 80's could a bunch of QLD"S move to the coldest climate in AUS for GLORY.BOUND FOR GLLLLLORY< WE"RE BOOOOOUND FOR GLORY> Up the mighty Hawks!!! i mean Raiders.
Great podcast, one of the hosts is a Raiders fan, i liked you until you said up the Hawks! :)
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

zim wrote: August 17, 2018, 10:17 pm
Bay53 wrote:

Haha ticks all the boxes.
Indeed
What we need is a coach like that who knows how to get the Joshy’s, Nicky’s, Jacky’s and Aideney’s to do the little things right
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Seiffert82 wrote: August 18, 2018, 7:31 am

Indeed.
One final step - write PWC their cheque for $100,000 for review services rendered.
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

It is quite interesting that the main fall guy in the coaching ranks is probably the only coach out of the three that most fans would say deserves to actually keep his position.

Heard on the grape vine that Scott Logan and Tom Learoyd-Lars are vying for the vacant halves coaching position.

Big things coming our way next year!
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Does this mean there is nothing in the tank? I checked the coaching record of Cappy 45% and Carty 46% - yep Raiders aiming high again. Is it any wonder we shoot for the stars but hit the fence. Mediocrity assisting mediocrity, what could possibly go wrong...

'Furner said they would also look into having two trials next year, instead of the usual one.' Er .. Don .. does Sticky know or are you now coaching? Will Sticky name the likely First round starting 17 of the 2019 Premiership for the second trial - you know Don, to give the players in FG some match fitness before the 'real' competition (those played for 2 competition points) begins? I apologise for asking such basic questions but our previous few starts to the season could best be described as amateurish and none of us want that to continue.

I know you don't like speculation but with Sticky saying today he had spoken to 8 candidates for the Assistant coaches role, can you confirm that Steve Price, currently of Warrington, is on the list??
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

RedRaider wrote: August 18, 2018, 4:41 pm

Does this mean there is nothing in the tank? I checked the coaching record of Cappy 45% and Carty 46% - yep Raiders aiming high again. Is it any wonder we shoot for the stars but hit the fence. Mediocrity assisting mediocrity, what could possibly go wrong...

'Furner said they would also look into having two trials next year, instead of the usual one.' Er .. Don .. does Sticky know or are you now coaching? Will Sticky name the likely First round starting 17 of the 2019 Premiership for the second trial - you know Don, to give the players in FG some match fitness before the 'real' competition (those played for 2 competition points) begins? I apologise for asking such basic questions but our previous few starts to the season could best be described as amateurish and none of us want that to continue.

I know you don't like speculation but with Sticky saying today he had spoken to 8 candidates for the Assistant coaches role, can you confirm that Steve Price, currently of Warrington, is on the list??
Yeah but if you add Carty, Cappy and Crappy together we get 130+%..we got this.