5. Jordan Rapana
6. Aidan Sezer (Austin if injured)
7. Sam Williams
8. Josh Papalii
9. Josh Hodgson
10. Dunamis Lui
11. Sia Soliola
12. Joseph Tapine
13. Luke Bateman (20min stint at the start for Havili to come on fresh and offload)

14. Jack Murchie
15. Siliva Havili
16. Emre Guler
17. Liam Knight
I would love to see this team just to see ow Ricky would manage to leave 3 blokes on the bench for the whole match.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2018 Rd 23 V Roosters: Teams and Previews

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders captain Jarrod Croker takes small steps in rehab as he eyes return

Jarrod Croker has already set his sights on the first day of pre-season training but another injured Canberra Raiders outside back is nearing a shock return. Meanwhile Michael Oldfield could return to the Green Machine's starting side in the final fortnight of the season.

"It’s tough, last week was the first time I’d ever missed three games of footy in a row in my life. I’m on to four now and I’ve still got a bit to go," Croker said. "I should be full running by the end of September or start of October so I’ll be right to go by [the start of pre-season], which is rough timing but I’ll be into it.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zx4m.html
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote: August 13, 2018, 5:19 pm Canberra Raiders captain Jarrod Croker takes small steps in rehab as he eyes return

Jarrod Croker has already set his sights on the first day of pre-season training but another injured Canberra Raiders outside back is nearing a shock return. Meanwhile Michael Oldfield could return to the Green Machine's starting side in the final fortnight of the season.

"It’s tough, last week was the first time I’d ever missed three games of footy in a row in my life. I’m on to four now and I’ve still got a bit to go," Croker said. "I should be full running by the end of September or start of October so I’ll be right to go by [the start of pre-season], which is rough timing but I’ll be into it.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zx4m.html
Running in time for the tough pre season !!
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders star Joe Tapine loving life on the edge

Joe Tapine loves living life on the edge. He feels he has more freedom to back himself, he doesn't get so banged up, and "you get to run at halves, not at props".

"Moving on through the years I just want to become a better player," Tapine said. "I like back-row now, not going to lie. The middle is a tough gig, I get bruised up in there and I get a bit more of a rest out on the edges and get a couple more touches of the ball as well, so I don’t mind the back-row now."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zx4n.html
Sydney_Raider
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by Sydney_Raider »

Only change I can see is Sezer and barring injury I don't think the squad will change for the rest of the year. In know I will get shot down for this but I have been a little underwhelmed by Hodgson over the last couple of weeks, particularly when Ricky sees him as our Cameron Smith. Interested to see what others think and it could be purely a result of our big boppa's not getting the team on the front foot.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Sydney_Raider wrote: August 13, 2018, 5:34 pm Only change I can see is Sezer and barring injury I don't think the squad will change for the rest of the year. In know I will get shot down for this but I have been a little underwhelmed by Hodgson over the last couple of weeks, particularly when Ricky sees him as our Cameron Smith. Interested to see what others think and it could be purely a result of our big boppa's not getting the team on the front foot.
Certainly doesn't help. Teams are able to run a lot of ball at him too when we end up defending back to back sets.
I think he falls into the trap of trying too hard when things aren't working out.
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

RTW wrote: August 13, 2018, 5:00 pm
zim wrote:1. Nick Cotric
2. Brad Abbey
3. Elliot Whitehead
4. Joey Leilua
5. Jordan Rapana
6. Aidan Sezer (Austin if injured)
7. Sam Williams
8. Josh Papalii
9. Josh Hodgson
10. Dunamis Lui
11. Sia Soliola
12. Joseph Tapine
13. Luke Bateman (20min stint at the start for Havili to come on fresh and offload)

14. Jack Murchie
15. Siliva Havili
16. Emre Guler
17. Liam Knight
I would love to see this team just to see ow Ricky would manage to leave 3 blokes on the bench for the whole match.
Haha, it would be one for the record books.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Potential on tap for young Canberra Raiders star Joe Tapine

He's one of the best young forwards in the competition and again he showed why at GIO Stadium on Sunday. However, Joe Tapine said he it hard to bask in the afterglow of his performance when it comes as part of yet another loss for the Canberra Raiders, one that ended their mathematical chances of playing finals football in 2018.

"No point of feeling good about it when it comes in a loss. Part of our job is to win, it's what we get paid to do," Tapine said. "So we'll get back to the drawing board this week because we've got a couple of tough games coming up.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/13/pot ... ph-tapine/

The seven-way dogfight to avoid the wooden spoon: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/13/the ... den-spoon/

Video: Croker, Hingano, Wighton and Oldfield visit Cranleigh School: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... gh-school/
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

It's only a matter of time til The GOAT Tapine moves on to greener, more successful pastures.

And I for one completely understand.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Captain Punish wrote:It's only a matter of time til The GOAT Tapine moves on to greener, more successful pastures.

Yeah if this rubbish continues on to next season Tapine and Cotric will be finding ways out of their contract.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

LastRaider wrote:
Captain Punish wrote:It's only a matter of time til The GOAT Tapine moves on to greener, more successful pastures.

Yeah if this rubbish continues on to next season Tapine and Cotric will be finding ways out of their contract.

And no one could blame them. They deserve better.

Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past:Daley
Present: Hodgson

Post by Dusty »

1. Abbey
3. Cotric
4. Leilua
5. Rapana
6. Williams
7. Sezer
8. Soliola
9. Hodgson
10. Lui
11. Tapine
12. Whitehead
13. Papalii

14. Havili
15. Murchie
16. Knight
17. Guler

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
14. Simmonson 15. Soliola 16. Guler 17. Horsburgh
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

greeneyed wrote: August 13, 2018, 5:53 pm
"No point of feeling good about it when it comes in a loss. Part of our job is to win, it's what we get paid to do," Tapine said. "
Not according to Jack :hmmm
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Thomas Raider wrote: August 12, 2018, 6:29 pm
Green eyed Mick wrote: August 12, 2018, 5:28 pm Any side that doesn't include Austin, Paulo and Boyd will have my full support.
Yep this :thumbsup
Thirded.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

Honestly who cares anymore if Stuart doesn’t want to blood players he’d rather make himself look good. This guy has no idea how to coach a NRL side.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

Seiffert82 wrote: August 13, 2018, 9:44 pm
Thomas Raider wrote: August 12, 2018, 6:29 pm
Green eyed Mick wrote: August 12, 2018, 5:28 pm Any side that doesn't include Austin, Paulo and Boyd will have my full support.
Yep this :thumbsup
Thirded.
Sure we may have a few injuries but Stuart continues to act selfish and pick players who are leaving and just don’t care.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Dusty wrote:1. Abbey
3. Cotric
4. Leilua
5. Rapana
6. Williams
7. Sezer
8. Soliola
9. Hodgson
10. Lui
11. Tapine
12. Whitehead
13. Papalii

14. Havili
15. Murchie
16. Knight
17. Guler

Looking forward to 's debut

Heard good things about him
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

LastRaider wrote: August 13, 2018, 7:22 pm

Ok lucy
Dusty
Ruben Wiki

Post by Dusty »

-TW- wrote:
Dusty wrote:1. Abbey
3. Cotric
4. Leilua
5. Rapana
6. Williams
7. Sezer
8. Soliola
9. Hodgson
10. Lui
11. Tapine
12. Whitehead
13. Papalii

14. Havili
15. Murchie
16. Knight
17. Guler

Looking forward to 's debut

Heard good things about him
He’s a gun... good footwork, fast and can find the line. Just gotta hope he can get in the field.

2020: 1. Nicol-Klokstad 2. Cotric 3. Croker (c) 4 Leilua 5. Scott 6. Wighton 7. G. Williams 8. Papalii 9. Hodgson (c) 10. Sutton 11. J. Bateman 12. Whitehead 13. Tapine ----
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Can't wait until we play Austin, Boyd, Paulo and lose by 30+

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

greeneyed
Don Furner

2018 Rd 23 V Roosters: Teams and Previews

Post by greeneyed »

Huawei launches 2018 Canberra Raiders charity jersey

For the third consecutive season, the Canberra Raiders major sponsor Huawei will forego their usual placement on the front of the Raiders jersey, in order to raise awareness for #AutismWellbeing and money for the Ricky Stuart Foundation.

In 2017 the equivalent game day promotion raised over $41,000 through match-day fundraising initiatives and an online jersey auction of the player worn jerseys. This year, Huawei and the Raiders are hoping to exceed that amount.

The match worn jersey's will once again be auctioned through www.allbids.com.au post-match.
In an extra special touch, the Raiders official on-field apparel partner, ISC, has pledged their support to the program, by donating 10% of the wholesale Price on retail produced jerseys to the fundraising efforts.

This year's jersey features designs from two 10-year old girls (Kayla Marlow and Neve Smith) who entered an online competition during the pre-season. The jersey will be worn by the players against the Sydney Roosters on Sunday.

Kayla's design which shows community members working together to build a puzzle, featured on the front of the jersey, symbolises the community building acceptance and understanding of Autism Spectrum Disorder, through a team effort.

Neve's design, depicts the community as stick figures to emphasise our similarities, rather than our differences. This is accompanied by a quote close to the heart of Ricky Stuart and the foundation "Don't look away, just smile" urging us to challenge ourselves and accept everyone as they are.

Huawei Manager of Corporate Relations, Lisa Connors, said Huawei were proud to once again give up the front of jersey position for a wonderful cause and hoped to raise as much money and awareness to assist in the ongoing support of community housing for people with disabilities.

"This year's jersey designed by 10-year olds Kayla and Neve, demonstrates a wider understanding within the community and how we can all come together in support of others." Ms Connors said.

"It's Huawei's fifth-year of giving up our placement on the front of the Raiders jersey and the third for the Ricky Stuart Foundation, collectively raising over $80,000 for these causes and it's an achievement we are really proud of.

"In 2017 we set a fundraising record and we are keen to exceed that number this year. With funds raised going to the ongoing support of community housing for people with disabilities we would urge everyone to get behind the cause and help make a difference to families who need it most."

Raiders Coach, and Director of the Ricky Stuart Foundation, Ricky Stuart, thanked Huawei for their continued support of both the special matchday and the jersey initiative.

"Huawei have shown continued and sustained support for the Ricky Stuart Foundation over a number of years and to have the Foundation and #AutsimWellbeing message feature on the Raiders jersey again this season is a wonderful way to showcase this support," Stuart said. "It's gestures and fundraising like this that have helped us to open the second respite care facility here in Canberra in the Emma Ruby House, and we can't thank them enough for their continued support.

"I'd also like to make mention of ISC for their generous donation of jersey proceeds and encourage as many people to purchase this year's wonderful jersey which has been designed magnificently by two very special young ladies Kayla and Neve."

Members and fans attending the match are encouraged to use the Hashtag #HuaweiHelpingAus on Social Media wearing this year's jersey, with a reason why they are supporting this year's program. The aim is to use the hashtag to further drive awareness and personalise each person's story.

Canberra Raiders media

Canberra Raiders Elliott Whitehead tiring of Canberra Raiders positional shifts

Canberra star Elliott Whitehead has conceded the constant positional switching of players has become frustrating. Whitehead says he would prefer to play in the back row but will again sacrifice his favourite position if he is required in the centres against the Sydney Roosters on Sunday.

Read more: https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/08/14/14/ ... nrl-shifts

Five Things: Raiders v Roosters: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... -roosters/

All Stars game to return in February, International Nines in pipeline: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... -pipeline/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL Team: Raiders V Roosters

Canberra Raiders V Sydney Roosters
Sunday 19 August 4:10pm
Canberra Stadium
Tickets: Click here
TV coverage: Nine, Fox League Channel 502
Radio: ABC, 2CC, Mix 106.3

The Raiders have named their side for Sunday's clash against the Roosters at GIO Stadium.

Emre Guler will become Raider #353 after being named to make his debut.

Elliott Whitehead comes into the centres while Blake Austin moves back into the halves after the late withdrawal of Aidan Sezer. Soliola moves into the second row while Guler has been named on the interchange. Cotric moves back onto the wing while Brad Abbey slots back into fullback.

Canberra Raiders

1. Brad Abbey
2. Nick Cotric
3. Elliott Whitehead
4. Joey Leilua
5. Jordan Rapana
6. Blake Austin
7. Sam Williams
8. Dunamis Lui
9. Josh Hodgson (C)
10. Shannon Boyd
11. Joe Tapine
12. Sia Soliola
13. Josh Papalii

14. Emre Guler
15. Luke Bateman
16. Siliva Havili
17. Junior Paulo

18. Jack Murchie
19. Liam Knight
20. Makahesi Makatoa
21. Michael Oldfield

INJURY/SUSPENSION LIST
Aidan Sezer (Hamstring) Indefinite
Jarrod Croker (Knee) Season
Jack Wighton (Suspended) Season
Ata Hingano (Ankle) Season

Sydney Roosters

1. James Tedesco
2. Daniel Tupou
3. Latrell Mitchell
4. Joseph Manu
5. Blake Ferguson
6. Ryan Matterson
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Dylan Napa
9. Jake Friend (c)
10. Siosiua Taukeiaho
11. Boyd Cordner (c)
12. Isaac Liu
13. Victor Radley

14. Nat Butcher
15. Zane Tetevano
16. Mitchell Aubusson
17. Sean O'Sullivan

18. Sitili Tupouniua
19. Kurt Baptiste
20. Paul Momirovski
21. Lindsay Collins

Officials:

Referees: Henry Perenara, Ziggy Przeklasa-Adamski
Sideline Officials: Brett Suttor, Tim Roby
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Ben Galea

Match Hashtags: #NRL #WeareRaiders #BleedGreen #NRLRaidersRoosters

The Greenhouse Hashtags: #WearGreen2018 #FromAllAngles

Mounties team: Click here

Plus follow us on Twitter: @TheGHRaiders and Instagram: @TheGHRaiders
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Re: 2018 Rd 23 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Brew »

Poor Guler he will probably sit on the beck the whole game.

Glad Abbey is back at Fullback.

Is Oldfield named in the 21 for the sake of it?

In Ricky We Trust
christoraider
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by christoraider »

Brew wrote:Poor Guler he will probably sit on the beck the whole game.

Why does Stuart persist with Paulo ?
Murchie , Guler and Knight should be playing .
No future with Paulo and he is phoning it in .
Why on earth does Stuart have such poor bench rotation ?

PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

Wow that surprised me.........

Shouldnt of taken sticky this long to make changes....... and of course Austin and Paulo still in the lineup ................
Perth Based Raiders Fan
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Brew wrote:Poor Guler he will probably sit on the beck the whole game.

said yesterday he may be good to go but unlikely

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

Knight and Murchie should be in the bloody 17 instead of Boyd and Paulo, it's beyond a **** joke.

They've decided they don't want to be here, they've contributed to us being garbage all season and he keeps picking them ahead of blokes we will need next season.

I just don't get this bloke. His head is so far up his own backside that he refuses to acknowledge his plan isn't working this close to the end of another season of garbage.

Whatever, I didn't care last week and I doubt I will this week when the Chooks put fifty on us.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Aidan Sezer still out, while Raiders blood Emre Guler and shift Nick Cotric back to the wing

Emre Guler has been named to make his debut from the bench in Canberra's clash against the top of the table Sydney Roosters at Canberra Stadium on Sunday afternoon. Stuart has shifted Nick Cotric back to the wing, where he has dominated for most of his career, opening the door for Brad Abbey to move to fullback.

Aidan Sezer is out for at least one more week after re-injuring his hamstring, but Michael Oldfield is in the extended squad for what could be an earlier than expected comeback.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zxc5.html
zim
Laurie Daley

Post by zim »

Great to see Guler getting a run.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

I actually wouldn't be surprised if we let players put clauses in guaranteeing selection. We seem to agree to everything else.

Glad to see Guler get a run. He has played big minutes all year so if he plays a few minutes it won't be due to his fitness.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

I'm expecting Cotric to play fullback with Oldfield on the wing.

Emre will probably sit on the pine for 80 minutes or given 5 minutes to go with the side 60-44 down
Dusty
Ruben Wiki

Post by Dusty »

Hoping Guler can get 2 stints, 15-20 min each

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Matt's Matchups will be very lopsided this week

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Is Radley facing a suspension? I thought he was put on report?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

So did Hodgo plead guilty? Like others said, it's better to not have carry points considering the season is dead.