Good call to drop Murchie out of the 17, he did nothing last game
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Re: 2018 Rd 23 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Green Taipan »

Sid wrote: August 15, 2018, 4:39 pm Good call to drop Murchie out of the 17, he did nothing last game
Much like that bloke who impersonates an NRL coach.
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
The Green Hornet
Simon Woolford

Post by The Green Hornet »

Sid wrote: August 15, 2018, 4:39 pm Good call to drop Murchie out of the 17, he did nothing last game
That'll teach him. Kid needs some hard lessons.
Hopefully he learns from this and tries a bit harder next time to downplay his enthusiasm and optimism. Needs more time watching and learning from some regular first graders.
PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

I just hope this is the toweling we need to get the ball rolling on Ricky's departure as head coach

We need a 68-10 (or similar) scoreline..... need to lose by at least 30+
Perth Based Raiders Fan
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders debutant Emre Guler shaking at the chance to take on leaders of the pack

A sleepless night and shaking at the news of his NRL debut, but Canberra Raiders prop Emre Guler wouldn't have it any other way.

"I was really excited. When [Raiders coach Ricky Stuart] told me I was shaking all yesterday, I couldn't really sleep properly, I was just really excited," he said. "I'd say it's more exciting [than daunting]. It's a good challenge for me and I like challenges. I feel like the big games is where I want to play. This will be a good first step to get used to those big games."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zxkf.html

Canberra Times sport podcast: Where do Raiders fit in NRL coach drama? https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zx58.html

NRL officials sacked after costly errors for for Canberra Raiders rise again: https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/08/15/03/ ... amed-again
The Green Hornet
Simon Woolford

Far too much enthusiasm for my liking. Bench him for 80.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Oh sorry Emre, just couldn't find any time for you today
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

-PJ- wrote: August 14, 2018, 8:32 pm And if we jag a win on Sunday wearing this Autism jersey I suggest we wear it fulltime..

Even to bed, the shops, the boozer and for 25 weeks of footy..
And if we lose by 50?
PerthRaider86 wrote: August 15, 2018, 5:35 pm I just hope this is the toweling we need to get the ball rolling on Ricky's departure as head coach

We're probably going to have to lose our next two games by 40+ to put any pressure on Ricky.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Why Canberra Raiders can upset Sydney Roosters: Elliott Whitehead

Canberra Raiders forward Elliott Whitehead believes his side has what it takes to cause one of the upsets of the season when they host the top-of-the-table Sydney Roosters at GIO Stadium on Sunday.

"We've got three games left and we want to win all three to give the boys that are leaving with something to remember so we'll be working hard to try and beat the Roosters this week," Whitehead said. "It's going to be a tough task because they're in good form, but I still believe in this squad here and I believe we can get the win.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/15/why ... whitehead/
The Green Hornet
Simon Woolford

In all seriousness, I hope emre absoluteky kills it and shows the under performers what it's all about.
Tragic that fans are worried whether he actually gets game time. What a joke.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

The Green Hornet wrote:In all seriousness, I hope emre absoluteky kills it and shows the under performers what it's all about.
Tragic that fans are worried whether he actually gets game time. What a joke.
on board 100%

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I'm very happy Emre's being given a shot. He's worked very hard for it at Mounties this year and thoroughly deserves it.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

greeneyed wrote: August 15, 2018, 7:00 pm Why Canberra Raiders can upset Sydney Roosters: Elliott Whitehead

Canberra Raiders forward Elliott Whitehead believes his side has what it takes to cause one of the upsets of the season when they host the top-of-the-table Sydney Roosters at GIO Stadium on Sunday.

"We've got three games left and we want to win all three to give the boys that are leaving with something to remember so we'll be working hard to try and beat the Roosters this week," Whitehead said. "It's going to be a tough task because they're in good form, but I still believe in this squad here and I believe we can get the win.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/15/why ... whitehead/
The same talking points as last week. Even the communications people at the Raiders have given up :roflmao

Surely a better talking point at this point of the season would be something like: 'We are building toward something special here' or 'Everyone is really buying into the culture'
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

greeneyed wrote: August 15, 2018, 7:22 pm I'm very happy Emre's being given a shot. He's worked very hard for it at Mounties this year and thoroughly deserves it.
Agree. He deserved his shot 3 or 4 months ago along with Garvey, and Murchie.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

To be honest, I'm over some of the players leaving... because they are not putting in a decent effort. Blake Austin is trying his absolute hardest, IMO, but he is either over-playing in attack... or just can't seem to fix his defensive reads at the moment.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Mark Riddell fires shot at Canberra Raiders

Former Dragons and Eels hooker Mark Riddell has fired a shot at the Canberra Raiders, describing the club's poor season as the "elephant in the room" as a coaching saga engulfs the NRL.

"How can [McGregor] be criticised when I look at the Canberra Raiders and see the Canberra Raiders in the last five years have finished 15th, 10th, one finals appearance, 10th and 10th this year and no one questions the Canberra Raiders and Ricky Stuart," Riddell said. "If this Canberra Raiders' record of the last five years was at South Sydney would the coach be still there?

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zxm7.html
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

greeneyed wrote: August 15, 2018, 7:47 pm Mark Riddell fires shot at Canberra Raiders

Former Dragons and Eels hooker Mark Riddell has fired a shot at the Canberra Raiders, describing the club's poor season as the "elephant in the room" as a coaching saga engulfs the NRL.

"How can [McGregor] be criticised when I look at the Canberra Raiders and see the Canberra Raiders in the last five years have finished 15th, 10th, one finals appearance, 10th and 10th this year and no one questions the Canberra Raiders and Ricky Stuart," Riddell said. "If this Canberra Raiders' record of the last five years was at South Sydney would the coach be still there?

Amen.
Thank you piggy
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

I 2nd Piggy Riddells motion. Time for accountability.
chris83
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia, hodgo, all of the magnificent b**tards!!!

Post by chris83 »

Thank you pigstar. Hopefully this will start something
I've got legs, and i know how to use them
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

greeneyed wrote: August 15, 2018, 7:47 pm Mark Riddell fires shot at Canberra Raiders

Efficiency gains. We're now planning our post season reviews when there are two months left in the season. Well done Don.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

TBF our season was over 2 months ago and it only has 3 weeks left
We should already be planning how to tackle the off season and the first step of that is this... though i fully accept it is a totally meaningless venture that achieve nothing.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

It’s not like Stuart has given the guy a proper chance.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

All these coaches leaving going to other clubs and yet we are stuck with no hop Stuart till 2020.
Sack Stuart bring in Bennett or McGuire.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

On ya Piggy. Who wants to call in over the weekend to the continues call team on 2GB to thank him?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Yeah it's ridiculous how little anyone has questioned Stuart's place at the helm. Riddell is spot on.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

And thank you Polk's. Keep it up though, the next article you can 'channel the discontent amongst the fans/members of the club' please.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Green eyed Mick wrote: August 15, 2018, 7:00 pm
-PJ- wrote: August 14, 2018, 8:32 pm And if we jag a win on Sunday wearing this Autism jersey I suggest we wear it fulltime..

Even to bed, the shops, the boozer and for 25 weeks of footy..
And if we lose by 50?
PerthRaider86 wrote: August 15, 2018, 5:35 pm I just hope this is the toweling we need to get the ball rolling on Ricky's departure as head coach

We're probably going to have to lose our next two games by 40+ to put any pressure on Ricky.
I don't think we'll get towelled up in the last 3 rounds. Our opponents will try a few things leading into the finals and if in a good position will rest players.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Greedysmurf
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Greedysmurf »

Why does it take Riddell, who to the best of my knowledge has no connection to the club to call out our performance/coaching issues?
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

This Club won’t sack their golden boy Stuart even if we lose the last 3 games by 100,
We are stuck with him til 2020 and that’s when most of the Clubs top players contracts are up and why would any player want to stay. This team has the talent to win the comp but are coached by an idiot.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

InFernos_Raiders wrote: August 16, 2018, 2:02 am

This Club won’t sack their golden boy Stuart even if we lose the last 3 games by 100,
We are stuck with him til 2020 and that’s when most of the Clubs top players contracts are up and why would any player want to stay. This team has the talent to win the comp but are coached by an idiot.
:roflmao

I'm no Stuart fan but you can't pin the clubs on field struggles ENTIRELY on him.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

greeneyed wrote: August 15, 2018, 6:43 pm Canberra Raiders debutant Emre Guler shaking at the chance to take on leaders of the pack

A sleepless night and shaking at the news of his NRL debut, but Canberra Raiders prop Emre Guler wouldn't have it any other way.

"I was really excited. When [Raiders coach Ricky Stuart] told me I was shaking all yesterday, I couldn't really sleep properly, I was just really excited," he said. "I'd say it's more exciting [than daunting]. It's a good challenge for me and I like challenges. I feel like the big games is where I want to play. This will be a good first step to get used to those big games."

Oh, that's frikin' adorable. I hope he gets on the field and has a super game.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

When Piggy Riddell is the voice of reason you know you're in trouble.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

raiderskater wrote: August 16, 2018, 8:27 am
greeneyed wrote: August 15, 2018, 6:43 pm Canberra Raiders debutant Emre Guler shaking at the chance to take on leaders of the pack

Oh, that's frikin' adorable. I hope he gets on the field and has a super game.
Lets hope he isn't the next victim of Ricky's 'Isotopes' bench policy - like Murchie last week....

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-zufYjakhVt0/T ... 00.gif[img]

Maybe we should add this as a Boogs award - to the player who is the most mismanaged over the coarse of the season!

Is there a stat for how many minutes players spend on the bench per game???
Last edited by Coastalraider on August 16, 2018, 10:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

The thing I'm looking forward to most this game is seeing the jersey. Looks schmick!
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

Wonder if Rapana feels insulted he hasn’t been given the 1 jersey after some of the absolute disasters we’ve seen there over the past 6 weeks.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.