Roosters 1-12
No votes
Roosters 13+
82%

Total votes: 22

edwahu

Re: 2018 Rd 23 V Roosters: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by edwahu »

The Green Hornet wrote: August 17, 2018, 4:57 pm What is it with the Luke bateman pieces this week?
The players have a roster for talking to the media and after training I think. It's usually a couple of players doing most of the media each week.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I believe they have a minimum number of media opportunities required each week. They put two players up most training days or the coach/captain at the captain's run. The stories just recycle the same media opportunity... so Luke Bateman did one this week... but stories keep appearing for a couple of days off the back of it.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Super Squad helps Canberra Raiders see green

Meet the Super Squad. The team that helps the Canberra Raiders see green before the Viking clap kicks off at every home game.They're a group of 8-12 from the 70 volunteers who help out every time the Raiders play at home.

Setting up balloons and banners of players past and present in the locker rooms, the player's race, the member's lounges and around Canberra Stadium as well. Some have autism. Some have other disabilities. But they all help inspire the Green Machine.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zy2f.html

Video: Round 23: The Final Word: Jordan Rapana: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... inal-word/

Video: Raiders v Roosters - Round 23 preview: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... -round-23/
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: August 17, 2018, 8:25 am
InFernos_Raiders wrote: August 16, 2018, 1:43 pm
Roger Kenworthy wrote: August 16, 2018, 7:25 am
InFernos_Raiders wrote: August 16, 2018, 2:02 am
PerthRaider86 wrote: August 15, 2018, 5:35 pm I just hope this is the toweling we need to get the ball rolling on Ricky's departure as head coach

We need a 68-10 (or similar) scoreline..... need to lose by at least 30+
This Club won’t sack their golden boy Stuart even if we lose the last 3 games by 100,
We are stuck with him til 2020 and that’s when most of the Clubs top players contracts are up and why would any player want to stay. This team has the talent to win the comp but are coached by an idiot.
:roflmao

I'm no Stuart fan but you can't pin the clubs on field struggles ENTIRELY on him.
After 5 years and getting player she wants and making the Finals once in those 5 years isn’t good enough. If the players act up don’t play well defend poorly it all comes down to attitude and that also comes from the club and coaching staff. The Raiders Club needs Don Furner and Co to go we need a clean out the club is still living in the 1990s. Tell me why is Stuart void from any coaching talk it’s like he is protected and his results are far worse then those coaching in the nrl now that have been sacked. Also Stuart in his past 10 years of coaching has made the Finals only once and that was in 2016. Not good enough Stuart can’t take this team to next level.

When he coaching contract is up in 2020 along with a lot of our top players count on it they will jump ship Cotric, Tapine etc they will all say enough is enough........
Absolutely agree but I think we're a fair way off a Premiership no matter who was coaching us this season. Our halves would not get it done in September/October...
Very true and all we have next year is Williams and Sezer.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

Anyone’s thoughts on B Barba ?
Sharks said no maybe he could be a good buy away from Sydney a good bunch of level headed guys at Canberra we need a half with spark likes to run the ball and he can play FB. I know there’s baggage and who knows what he wants as payment but maybe just maybe ?? BUT god damn Club is over or at salary cap level for 2019 already. Hmmm maybe get rid of some dead wood...?
Sheeesh we gave D Taylor a go.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

InFernos_Raiders wrote: August 18, 2018, 2:57 am Anyone’s thoughts on B Barba ?
Sharks said no maybe he could be a good buy away from Sydney a good bunch of level headed guys at Canberra we need a half with spark likes to run the ball and he can play FB. I know there’s baggage and who knows what he wants as payment but maybe just maybe ?? BUT god damn Club is over or at salary cap level for 2019 already. Hmmm maybe get rid of some dead wood...?
Sheeesh we gave D Taylor a go.
Happy to give Barba a go on similar deal to what Taylor had. Not going to happen unfortunately. That was Taylor's last shot at NRL. Barba not quite in that boat yet.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Knights just overtook us.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders put themselves under the spotlight

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart says criticism of his "underachieving" team is fair, while club legend Glenn Lazarus put the current predicament squarely on the players' shoulders. Stuart didn't return Fairfax Media's calls, but responded to Riddell's comments on ABC Grandstand on Saturday.

"They are fair game. I don't mind being fair game to people who have been in the game and actually been successful and know the game," Stuart said. "I think there's a lot of unfair criticism. This week there was criticism of myself from Matt Riddell (sic) in protecting his mate [coach Paul] McGregor at St George.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zya4.html
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

That interview just makes Stuart look like an egotistical ****, and that article makes it worse

"You finished in Reggie's so you can't comment on me"

**** off pal
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Post by Green eyed Mick »

"I feel as though I've got a squad there that given a little luck with injuries and [if we] fix our defence we're a top-eight team. It's disappointing because we're not."

You've had five years to fix our defence and it's getting worse. Last year we finished the year 4 points outside the top 8 and conceded 497 points. With three rounds to go we are 10 points outside the 8 and we've already conceded 496 points

We're going backwards. You wouldn't even need to know anything about rugby league. Basic mathematics is all you need to understand Ricky has the club headed in the wrong direction.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders Joey Leilua should look to take leaf out of Latrell's book

It's a case of the master against the apprentice with two of the NRL's most dynamic centres going head to head. But NSW Blues advisor Greg Alexander says it's the older Joey Leilua should take a leaf out of 21-year-old Latrell Mitchell's book.

"He's one of the best centres running around, Joey, he's just that dangerous with the ball," Alexander said. "It's a great match-up against a bloke who has proven this year he is the best centre in the game. Latrell's a great example of what Joey needs to do.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zya3.html
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

Really tempted to empty my Sportsbet account on Roosters into Mitchell anytime tryscorer.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

It hurts me to say it but it’s got to the point where I just don’t care anymore. There are coaches in the NRL being sacked for records far better then our Stuart. Stuart has reached the Finals once in his 5 season at the Raiders and his only Finals in his past 10 NRL coaching years. Why should I or the fans and memebers take the Club seriously anymore we have a Board and CEO who are gutless to make these hard calls they are stuck in the glory days of the 1990s. The club should release Stuart pay him out and go after McGuire, Bennet anyone but Stuart.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

edwahu wrote: August 18, 2018, 4:56 pm Knights just overtook us.
I hope we lose all our last 3 games by 40 and we drop further down the ladder. This team is poorly coached by a poor coach.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

Green eyed Mick wrote: August 18, 2018, 7:51 pm "I feel as though I've got a squad there that given a little luck with injuries and [if we] fix our defence we're a top-eight team. It's disappointing because we're not."

You've had five years to fix our defence and it's getting worse. Last year we finished the year 4 points outside the top 8 and conceded 497 points. With three rounds to go we are 10 points outside the 8 and we've already conceded 496 points

We're going backwards. You wouldn't even need to know anything about rugby league. Basic mathematics is all you need to understand Ricky has the club headed in the wrong direction.
Everyone wants Stuart gone but our club is weak stuck in the 1990s. We should dump Stuart go after McGuire or Bennett or anyone but Stuart
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

-TW- wrote: August 18, 2018, 7:07 pm That interview just makes Stuart look like an egotistical ****, and that article makes it worse

"You finished in Reggie's so you can't comment on me"

**** off pal
I agree Stuart is an arrogant he will not take the blame at all he he a **** coach.
And his love for Wigjton boggles my mind.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

Hmmm Raiders at home against the Roosters, hmm we have injuries and suspensions players playing out of place so let’s see ..... I’ll say Roosters will play poorly they’ll turn up thinking easy game so the Raiders will score a few early and maybe go in halftime just ahead. BUT then the second half the Roosters class players will lift enough to beat the Raiders. The score .... Roosters 38 - 18 Raiders.
OH and a Raider will be sin binned in the second half either Rappa or BJ.
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

InFernos_Raiders wrote: August 19, 2018, 1:36 am Hmmm Raiders at home against the Roosters, hmm we have injuries and suspensions players playing out of place so let’s see ..... I’ll say Roosters will play poorly they’ll turn up thinking easy game so the Raiders will score a few early and maybe go in halftime just ahead. BUT then the second half the Roosters class players will lift enough to beat the Raiders. The score .... Roosters 38 - 18 Raiders.
OH and a Raider will be sin binned in the second half either Rappa or BJ.
I'll tip Tapine to do something dumb and get the 10 this week.

It's supposed to rain before the game with temperature around 8 degrees. That could help take the Bondi blokes' minds off the game at the start.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

It'll be colder than that, it snowed in the Brindabellas last night