Laurie Daley

Re: 2018 Rd 22 V Tigers: Game Day

Post by Azza »

I feel like St. Augustine of Hippo after his conversion by Ambrose of Milan
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Incredibly, the Raiders are still the No. 1 attacking team. They've now not only scored more points than any other team, they've also scored more tries than any other team.
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

raiderskater wrote: August 12, 2018, 5:25 pm
greeneyed wrote: August 12, 2018, 4:00 pm
Pigman wrote:I loved that play where on 4th tackle, deep in our own half, needing a try to win a game and the halfbacks move was to turn it back inside for Luke Bateman

Money
And can someone please explain to me why Luke Bateman is considered a first grade player at this club?!

Sent from my iPad using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
I'm appalled that people still view Bateman as their favourite kicking/chew toy. Seriously. That guy never gives anything less than 100%. Not his fault he was chosen to receive the ball at a critical moment. He did what he could. He's put in a great deal more effort this year than some of our bigger names and he's earned his spot in the side.

If you think Bateman lost us the game today, you're an idiot.

We lost the game today because we played dumb, panicky, brainless football. Our attitude was garbage. We played the entire first half like the boys were already on the plane to Hawaii.

I've been trying to give Austin the benefit of the doubt but I can't anymore. His attitude was nothing short of disgusting today. Even Cotric looked disinterested at times and just...Leilua. Even Abbey caught the "dumb play" disease (though I thought he still had one or two good moments).

I can't even put together any more of an analysis because I'm just that mad. I thought about going on the field at full time and I thought about hanging around for GH Live but I have guests for dinner and I was so frozen through and mad that I just wanted out of there. I won't be able to make next week's game but I'm seriously considering not bothering with our last one, either. The boys clearly can't be bothered, so why should I?
Agree. There is only one person to blame and that's Ricky who pretends to be an NRL coach!
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Schifty wrote: August 12, 2018, 6:06 pm
Northern Raider wrote: August 12, 2018, 5:51 pm
-TW- wrote: August 12, 2018, 5:38 pm 8 by 6 or less, 10 by 10 or less
8-13 still with a positive F&A
Has anyone ever finished with the spoon while maintaining a positive F&A :hmmm
Lets give it a go. 3 more loses by 2 points and we might just do it.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

How stupid is this team? That is all
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

reptar wrote: August 12, 2018, 6:16 pm How stupid is this team? That is all
Pretty fookin stupid. I hope this helps.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

2018 Rd 22 V Tigers: Game Day

Post by LastRaider »

Why Murchie didn’t get on today has me stumped. It’s like Ricky wants to discourage our juniors from ever wanting to play FG for the Raiders. It’s unbelievable, I’m just in shock his attitude towards them.

The season is over, show some respect for the team next year and ensure Guler, Murchie, Knight and any other junior we think who has potential in future be picked.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Who’s watched the presser? Poor Cotric, Stuart indirectly puts the blame on the defensive errors to Cotric’s inexperience. **** unbelievable. I’m calling it now, Cotric will leave the club by the end of next year.

Also this love for Wighton by Stuart has got to stop... seriously! Stuart, Wighton has let the you, us and the team down for his behaviour. Don’t use him as an excuse for poor performance of the team.

Just leave already, you self serving arrogant EDIT!

InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

greeneyed wrote: August 12, 2018, 6:11 pm Incredibly, the Raiders are still the No. 1 attacking team. They've now not only scored more points than any other team, they've also scored more tries than any other team.
But we have a horrible defence, bad attitude in games, poorly coached, poorly lead, no depth, a coach out of his league and the list goes on. Stuart can not take this team to next level so expect more of the same till at least 2020. We got no money for 2019 even after all the players we are losing. We can only buy 2 SL players. The Raiders Club is poorly managed from the top and the coach is simply out of his depth. ALSO I am sure we top a lot of the other stats too but the not so good stats. Basically we suck bad a few injuries and we have no depth.

We can’t even beat Tigers at home. Pathetic .... we will lose a lot of the players we have when 2020 comes along. I am sure they have had enough. Just 1 Finals appearance in 5 years we are a laughing stock of the NRL the way we continue to lose games like we do and for years now. BUT the Board thinks those results are ok. I am simply over it and I bleed green.

Stuart says during the week that the players must be accountable for their poor defence and yet we are down by 20 in the first 10-15 minutes. It’s not trust the players it’s him Stuart but he thinks he is always right, remember he read games better then any fan. Don’t forget he told the fans that the players stuck it to our faces aft they won a game at home...pffft. Rude arrogant prick.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Austins almost suplex sums up the Stuart era in one play.
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins

Post by Green Taipan »

Despite the Master coach promising to fix their defensive deficiencies nothing changed. Today was one of their worst performances. The usual substandard defence but their attack was disjointed with too many selfish one-off runs, poor options on 4th and 5th tackles and the usual players making too many selfish plays. Nothing to suggest that 2019 will be any better!
Last edited by Green Taipan on August 13, 2018, 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

LastRaider wrote: August 12, 2018, 6:21 pm Why Murchie didn’t get on today has me stumped. It’s like Ricky wants to discourage our juniors from ever wanting to play FG for the Raiders. It’s unbelievable, I’m just in shock his attitude towards them.

The season is over, show some respect for the team next year and ensure Guler, Murchie, Knight and any other junior we think who has potential in future be picked.

Stuart isn’t looking at 2019 he just wants to finish as high up the ladder as he can to save face.
He is a selfish EDIT.
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins

Post by Green Taipan »

InFernos_Raiders wrote: August 12, 2018, 6:44 pm
LastRaider wrote: August 12, 2018, 6:21 pm Why Murchie didn’t get on today has me stumped. It’s like Ricky wants to discourage our juniors from ever wanting to play FG for the Raiders. It’s unbelievable, I’m just in shock his attitude towards them.

Stuart isn’t looking at 2019 he just wants to finish as high up the ladder as he can to save face.
He is a selfish EDIT.
Well it's not working well for him then. Honestly, he is not within a bull's roar of an NRL coach.
Gold member 2023
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

EVH wrote:I watched Blake Austins VLOG and immediately left the house and got a pork roll, it was very satisfying.
How cringe is that blog, um yeah like, subscribe, turn on the notifications
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

LastRaider wrote: August 12, 2018, 6:35 pm Who’s watched the presser? Poor Cotric, Stuart indirectly puts the blame on the defensive errors to Cotric’s inexperience. **** unbelievable. I’m calling it now, Cotric will leave the club by the end of next year.

Also this love for Wighton by Stuart has got to stop... seriously! Stuart, Wighton has let the you, us and the team down for his behaviour. Don’t use him as an excuse for poor performance of the team.

After reading your comments I won’t watch the presser it will just piss me off so much more.
So Hodgson didn’t come to presser isn’t he captain ?

Yeah Stuart doesn’t look to next year he just wants to save face and finish as high as he can like 9th and say ‘look how close we got...don’t worry it will come’ remember that line. Then it was poor players they are hurting but now it’s just blame the players and their defence.

Bottom line Stuart is out of his depth and should just resign but he is too arrogant and selfish to put the club and team first. We have loads of top players off contract 2020 and that’s when Stuart’s contract is up so I expect players will leave. Stuart just can not coach 1 Finals appearance in 5 years and that 2016 was because we had so many top players in form people fail to remember at the start of 2016 we where shocking. The team is loaded will talent to be a top 4 side but we bacscially have a low quality coach.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Azza wrote:
reptar wrote: August 12, 2018, 6:16 pm How stupid is this team? That is all
Pretty fookin stupid. I hope this helps.
I wish it did.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

Green Taipan wrote: August 12, 2018, 6:48 pm
InFernos_Raiders wrote: August 12, 2018, 6:44 pm

He is a selfish EDIT.
Well it's not working well for him then. Honestly, he is not within a bull's roar of an NRL coach.
Agree 100%. The Raiders are not only poorly coached but the teams mental smartness is that of a child and it was shown when we played Storm it was Men against Boys.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

We're now famous for our fatigue and fade outs so still decide only to use 16 players.

Seriously, you couldn't make this up..
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

LastRaider wrote: August 12, 2018, 6:35 pm Who’s watched the presser? Poor Cotric, Stuart indirectly puts the blame on the defensive errors to Cotric’s inexperience. **** unbelievable. I’m calling it now, Cotric will leave the club by the end of next year.

Well you had Paps leaving because we wanted him to play middle forward so I'm confident Cotric stays. Can't see the club giving him an early release.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

GreenGirl wrote: August 12, 2018, 4:34 pm That was a bloody woeful game. My highlight was the sherbet flake ice cream at half time.

When is Ricky going to put his own hand up and blame himself and his coaching staff? I might need to be corrected but i’ve only heard him blame luck, and his players.
Sorry you picked such a crap game on such a cold day to come down for GreenGirl. Hoping this wasn't the only reason you came down!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Three tries in sin-bin period killed us: Stuart

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart said his side had to battle hard for an hour to try and undo the damage done in just seven minutes in his side's 22-20 loss to the Wests Tigers.

"It killed us, being 16-0 when Joey came back onto the field and for us to hang in there and get back into the game I thought was a really big effort," Stuart said. "I know I'm going to get the effort every week no matter what the situation that's why I enjoy coaching them because they're giving 100% at every moment.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/12/thr ... ky-stuart/
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

afgtnk wrote: August 12, 2018, 4:02 pm
Pigman wrote: August 12, 2018, 3:52 pm I loved that play where on 4th tackle, deep in our own half, needing a try to win a game and the halfbacks move was to turn it back inside for Luke Bateman

Money
Oh it was right out of the Aidan Sezer playbook, for sure.
Your a so pathetic with your agenda
GreenGirl
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Bradley Clyde

Post by GreenGirl »

Billy Walker wrote: August 12, 2018, 7:12 pm
GreenGirl wrote: August 12, 2018, 4:34 pm That was a bloody woeful game. My highlight was the sherbet flake ice cream at half time.

When is Ricky going to put his own hand up and blame himself and his coaching staff? I might need to be corrected but i’ve only heard him blame luck, and his players.
Sorry you picked such a crap game on such a cold day to come down for GreenGirl. Hoping this wasn't the only reason you came down!
Well it was a reason, but have also been doing the touristy things and drinking lots of cocktails (for me) and beer (for the husband).

It was kind of cool to go onto the ground today and I managed to get a selfie with Sia 😀
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Cotric made a number of errors but it's a bit rich calling out Cotric when Austin and Paulo have been making massively costly errors for two years.

As for the rest of the press conference. The Tigers defended a two point lead for 15 minutes. If we had that kind of ticker and put in that kind of effort few more times this year we'd still be alive in season 2018.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

I kind of understand the Cotric comments given with 12 men directing the defense gets even tougher. I still wouldn't think it's fair to call out that as the reason we lost.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

edwahu wrote:I kind of understand the Cotric comments given with 12 men directing the defense gets even tougher. I still wouldn't think it's fair to call out that as the reason we lost.
I don't think he was, I think he was just mentioning it as a general where we are at comment
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

-TW- wrote: August 12, 2018, 7:57 pm
edwahu wrote:I kind of understand the Cotric comments given with 12 men directing the defense gets even tougher. I still wouldn't think it's fair to call out that as the reason we lost.
I don't think he was, I think he was just mentioning it as a general where we are at comment
Fair enough, tbh I couldn't be bothered actually watching it 😂
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

GreenGirl wrote: August 12, 2018, 7:39 pm
Billy Walker wrote: August 12, 2018, 7:12 pm

Well it was a reason, but have also been doing the touristy things and drinking lots of cocktails (for me) and beer (for the husband).

It was kind of cool to go onto the ground today and I managed to get a selfie with Sia 😀
At least you both got to see snow around the ranges. Waking up to snow on the ground this morning turned out to be the highlight of my day.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote: August 12, 2018, 7:23 pm Three tries in sin-bin period killed us: Stuart

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart said his side had to battle hard for an hour to try and undo the damage done in just seven minutes in his side's 22-20 loss to the Wests Tigers.

"It killed us, being 16-0 when Joey came back onto the field and for us to hang in there and get back into the game I thought was a really big effort," Stuart said. "I know I'm going to get the effort every week no matter what the situation that's why I enjoy coaching them because they're giving 100% at every moment.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/12/thr ... ky-stuart/
That's it...STOP.. Ricky please......
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Wighton is our Billy Slater? Did he really say that? He didn't.... please tell me he didn't?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

gergreg wrote: August 12, 2018, 8:52 pm Wighton is our Billy Slater? Did he really say that? He didn't.... please tell me he didn't?
He said it.. :doubt:
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

gergreg wrote:Wighton is our Billy Slater? Did he really say that? He didn't.... please tell me he didn't?
Yep and is the reason for our results. We lost Hodgson aka Smith for the beginning then lost Wighton aka Slater for the second half.

As an earlier post said, you can’t make this **** up

Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

gergreg wrote: August 12, 2018, 8:52 pm Wighton is our Billy Slater? Did he really say that? He didn't.... please tell me he didn't?
Oh he said it. Has a real future as a stand up comedian this bloke.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

2018 Rd 22 V Tigers: Game Day

Post by LastRaider »

Northern Raider wrote:

Well you had Paps leaving because we wanted him to play middle forward so I'm confident Cotric stays. Can't see the club giving him an early release.
Well no that wasn’t it, I said he doesn’t want to play prop. Lock is fine.

Anyway if much of the same happens next year with Stuart still at the helm, there will be walk outs and clubs will come sniffing around our top talent. Player agents are not stupid either, in Cotric’s case his value is rising each week and players of his Calibre are already being paid a lot more then him like Kalyan Ponga, Payne Haas, Jamayne Issako and Viliame Kikau. It’s natural that his agent would go looking for a better deal.

Last edited by LastRaider on August 12, 2018, 8:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.