Tigers 13+
50%

Total votes: 10

Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Re: 2018 Rd 22 V Tigers: Game Day

Post by Green Taipan »

Tarpine has made a career of tackling high but when there is no one coaching the side he'll keep doing it. That combined with years of ill-discipline by the usual suspects (Austin's lifting tackle today was insane and BJ can't keep his trap shut) clearly demonstrates that no one in the coaching ranks is doing their jobs. On a positive (or negative) Paulo had his best game this year.

In attack we were woeful; it was all individual efforts with absolutely no indication that they had a game plan. Williams made some strange decisions like kicking for touch when we were down by 16 pts instead of putting in an attacking kick.

Things can never improve while the Master is still in charge!
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Thomas Raider »

Lets`s give it to Luke Bateman when the game is on the line!!! oh wait..at least he turns up unlike other so called "superstar " players :rant :rant :rant
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Can someone tuck me into bed later ?

I'm a wreck..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins

Post by Thomas Raider »

Only if you are Wendy James :roflmao
Greenmachine86
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: SteveWalters

Post by Greenmachine86 »

Once again I’m in awe at you blokes scapegoating Bateman. He was yet against in no way shape or form responsible for that loss. I expect that sort of hive mentality from some of you mob but fair dinkum GE.
Hugh Myron
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by Hugh Myron »

Can someone explain Ricky’s use of the bench today? Seriously.. I just don’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

Hugh Myron wrote: August 12, 2018, 4:19 pm Can someone explain Ricky’s use of the bench today? Seriously.. I just don’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Today?

Try all season. He’s absolutely garbage at bench use.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

Blake might as well have followed through with the Tombstone.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Traider84
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by Traider84 »

What’s Stuart’s obsession with not using the whole bench? And havilii only getting 19 mins... it just makes no sense
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Greenmachine86 wrote: August 12, 2018, 4:17 pm Once again I’m in awe at you blokes scapegoating Bateman. He was yet against in no way shape or form responsible for that loss. I expect that sort of hive mentality from some of you mob but fair dinkum GE.
Players like Bateman aren't there to make or break the game for their team. Just play a role off the bench. He just about did that. I like Havilii better in the same role if it comes down to it but he didn't do much wrong today.
UncleDrew
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Aidan Sezer

Post by UncleDrew »

greeneyed wrote: August 12, 2018, 4:00 pm
Pigman wrote:I loved that play where on 4th tackle, deep in our own half, needing a try to win a game and the halfbacks move was to turn it back inside for Luke Bateman

Money
And can someone please explain to me why Luke Bateman is considered a first grade player at this club?!

Sent from my iPad using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Bateman would not be a first grader at any other club, only in the 17 each week because he’s Ricky’s little pet, he adds very little impact and is essentially a waste of a spot.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Top try scoring team in league yet most penalties conceded and well and truly out of finals contention. What does this tell us.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

I mean we were puss, but Blake Austin wow
Leebola
Brett Mullins

Post by Leebola »

Traider84 wrote: August 12, 2018, 4:26 pm What’s Stuart’s obsession with not using the whole bench? And havilii only getting 19 mins... it just makes no sense
Don't inflict the brain-twisting migraine on yourself trying to figure it out
GreenGirl
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Bradley Clyde

Post by GreenGirl »

That was a bloody woeful game. My highlight was the sherbet flake ice cream at half time.

When is Ricky going to put his own hand up and blame himself and his coaching staff? I might need to be corrected but i’ve only heard him blame luck, and his players.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

EJ wrote: August 12, 2018, 4:24 pm Blake might as well have followed through with the Tombstone.

I don't think I've ever seen any player from any club make so many selfish plays in a single game and not one of them came off for him. I've been watching since the 80's.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Well that was as predictable as night following day. Highlight of the day was Austin's attempted pile driver :roflmao
thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by thedevilingreen »

greeneyed wrote:
Pigman wrote:I loved that play where on 4th tackle, deep in our own half, needing a try to win a game and the halfbacks move was to turn it back inside for Luke Bateman

Money
And can someone please explain to me why Luke Bateman is considered a first grade player at this club?!

Jesus we really are screwed if GE starts publicly bagging players

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

EJ wrote: August 12, 2018, 4:24 pm Blake might as well have followed through with the Tombstone.

* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
thedevilingreen
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by thedevilingreen »

Greenmachine86 wrote:Once again I’m in awe at you blokes scapegoating Bateman. He was yet against in no way shape or form responsible for that loss. I expect that sort of hive mentality from some of you mob but fair dinkum GE.
Well normally the torches are kept for Sezer and Croker but why keep kicking that dead horse let's bring in some new meat

Sent from my SM-G960F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Always be yourself.... Unless you can be batman.... Then you should always be batman
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Just off topic..how hot is Wendy ?

Things are very grim here at Raiders HQ but hey Wendy keeps the spirits high..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Traider84 wrote: August 12, 2018, 4:26 pm What’s Stuart’s obsession with not using the whole bench? And havilii only getting 19 mins... it just makes no sense
Because sitting on the sideline he becomes too engrossed in the game to remember he has a bench less alone who is on it. He has done this many times before. One that sticks out is the last Brisbane game where we had players coming back from the Test in the USA and Whitehead in particular was gassed, yet the Master Coach left him on while Knight cooled his heals on the bench for the whole game! Amateur pretend coach.
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

-PJ- wrote: August 12, 2018, 4:56 pm Just off topic..how hot is Wendy ?

Love me some Wendy....
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I found it hard to expend any energy on the game, we just flat out suck

It made it more enjoyable just watching
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

greeneyed wrote: August 12, 2018, 4:00 pm

Money

I'm appalled that people still view Bateman as their favourite kicking/chew toy. Seriously. That guy never gives anything less than 100%. Not his fault he was chosen to receive the ball at a critical moment. He did what he could. He's put in a great deal more effort this year than some of our bigger names and he's earned his spot in the side.

If you think Bateman lost us the game today, you're an idiot.

We lost the game today because we played dumb, panicky, brainless football. Our attitude was garbage. We played the entire first half like the boys were already on the plane to Hawaii.

I've been trying to give Austin the benefit of the doubt but I can't anymore. His attitude was nothing short of disgusting today. Even Cotric looked disinterested at times and just...Leilua. Even Abbey caught the "dumb play" disease (though I thought he still had one or two good moments).

I can't even put together any more of an analysis because I'm just that mad. I thought about going on the field at full time and I thought about hanging around for GH Live but I have guests for dinner and I was so frozen through and mad that I just wanted out of there. I won't be able to make next week's game but I'm seriously considering not bothering with our last one, either. The boys clearly can't be bothered, so why should I?
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

MATCH REPORT: Wests Tigers in sniffing distance of top eight after edging out Canberra Raiders

Wests Tigers have thrown off a week of uncertainty about the future of coach Ivan Cleary to topple Canberra 22-20 and move just one win away from the top eight.

It nearly wasn't to be for the away side as they watched an early 16-0 lead evaporate as the Raiders stormed back into contention in the second half. However, poor discipline from Canberra at inopportune times combined with less-than-threatening options at the end of their sets saw them run out of time.

Wests Tigers 22 (Tries: Watene-Zelezniak, Mbye, Chee-Kam, Nofoaluma Goals: Marsters 3/5) def
Canberra Raiders 20 (Tries: Tapine 2, Papalii, Leilua Goals: Williams 2/4)

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/12/wes ... a-raiders/

Match Report: Tigers hold out Raiders in close contest: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... fightback/

Match Highlights: Raiders v Wests Tigers - Round 22, 2018: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/12/mat ... d-22-2018/

Raiders press conference: Round 22, 2018: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/12/rai ... d-22-2018/

Wests Tigers press conference: Round 22, 2018: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/12/wes ... d-22-2018/

Post-Match: Robbie Farah: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/12/far ... ill-alive/

Gallery: https://www.pinterest.com.au/theghraiders/pins/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Poor start and Wests Tigers end Canberra Raiders season

A terrible start has ended the Canberra Raiders' season, giving Wests Tigers a 16-point start before going down 22-20 at Canberra Stadium on Sunday. The Raiders went into the game off the back of four straight wins over the joint venture, but they stumbled out of the blocks in front of 14,583 fans and now can no longer make the top eight.

Wests on the other hand have kept their NRL finals hopes alive, drawing within two points of the eighth-placed Brisbane Broncos with three rounds remaining.

WESTS TIGERS 22 (Malakai Watene-Zelezniak, Moses Mbye, Michael Chee-Kam, David Noafaluma tries; Esan Marsters 3 goals) bt CANBERRA RAIDERS 20 (Joe Tapine 2, Josh Papalii, Joey Leilua tries; Sam Williams 2 goals) at Canberra Stadium. Referees: Ben Cummines, Chris Butler. Crowd: 14,583.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zwzz.html

Wests Tigers reverse Canberra Raiders record

60-6, 52-10, 46-6, 48-12. These were the numbers plastered on a whiteboard when the Wests Tigers rolled into training in the midst of rugby league's latest controversy.

These were the numbers that sparked a change as the Tigers turned around their horrific recent record with a thrilling 22-20 win over the Raiders in front of 14583 at Canberra Stadium on Sunday.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zx08.html
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Haha. How many losses by 6 or more this season is that now? Must be some sort of a record.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

8 by 6 or less, 10 by 10 or less
Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins

Post by Thomas Raider »

magoo wrote: August 12, 2018, 5:15 pm
-PJ- wrote: August 12, 2018, 4:56 pm Just off topic..how hot is Wendy ?

Love me some Wendy....
Got to love Wendy mmm,you`re the man PJ :thumbsup
EVH
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: Albert Fulavai

Post by EVH »

I watched Blake Austins VLOG and immediately left the house and got a pork roll, it was very satisfying.
Ah, might as well jump (Jump!) Might as well jump Go ahead an' jump (jump!) Go ahead and jump Ow oh, hey you! Who said that?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

-TW- wrote: August 12, 2018, 5:38 pm 8 by 6 or less, 10 by 10 or less
8-13 still with a positive F&A
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
VictorTheViking
Ricky Stuart

Post by VictorTheViking »

Actually kind of glad i had a family do on this weekend and didnt watch it...now i can go into monday in a relatively good mood lol

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Thomas Raider
Brett Mullins

Post by Thomas Raider »

So Murchie didn`t even get on? Yep, great use of the bench again :rant,i think we will be better off without "Fake" Austin next year too !!!