Total votes: 16

InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Re: 2018 Rd 22 V Tigers: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

Green eyed Mick wrote: August 10, 2018, 8:58 pm
-TW- wrote: August 10, 2018, 7:02 pm
greeneyed wrote:Ricky Stuart puts Canberra Raiders on notice over defensive frailties

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart has put the Green Machine on notice about their individual deficiencies in defence.

"It's very frustrating and disappointing where we are on the table," Stuart said. "We're one of the best attacking teams in the competition and I give the players a lot of credit for their attacking ability, yet we have a number of deficiencies in defence and players have got to take account for it.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zwoz.html
You're about 2 years too late champ..
Now this **** starts talking about accountability. He tried to re-sign these bums when most sane people wanted them dropped
The club should put RS on notice for his 5 years of BS
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

InFernos_Raiders wrote: August 11, 2018, 1:35 am
kiwi raider wrote: August 8, 2018, 8:45 pm
greeneyed wrote: August 8, 2018, 8:40 pm I like Andy... but there's not a lot to suggest that he's been successful in the coaching game...

We need to scour the earth for some top line attacking and defensive assistant coaches. And I only mention attack, because I understand Mick Crawley is leaving.
Yea don’t get me wrong, i’m Not saying I think he’s the answer just that I reckon it will happen.
McFadden was let go by two clubs as coach. Raiders don’t need him.
Who let him go? He left the raiders when Furner was head coach to take up a job at the warriors and is now leaving the warriors on his own terms to return to Canberra?
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Pigman wrote:You're bad a memes, you should stop doing them.
You're bad at spelling, you must stop posting!Image

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

greeneyed wrote:Ricky Stuart puts Canberra Raiders on notice over defensive frailties

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart has put the Green Machine on notice about their individual deficiencies in defence.

"It's very frustrating and disappointing where we are on the table," Stuart said. "We're one of the best attacking teams in the competition and I give the players a lot of credit for their attacking ability, yet we have a number of deficiencies in defence and players have got to take account for it.

Lol
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Polks asking the tough questions there but not quite nailing it. He needs to focus on why Ricky is the unluckiest coach in the game, how the NRL and referees have let him down to truly deflect from the real issues.
I don't actually understand why it is presented as a Polks piece when the Raiders could have submitted it directly to the CT editor.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote: August 10, 2018, 6:45 pm Ricky Stuart puts Canberra Raiders on notice over defensive frailties

:lol: fair go Ricky..

I just wee'd a little there after that !!!
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ricky Stuart interview on ABC Canberra Grandstand:

We've got a wonderful record in attack, but we're leaking too many points. We've put a lot of emphasis on that at training, it's probably been most of our week this week, it's something individually we've got to buy in. I give the boys a lot of accolades for their attack and the wonderful style of game we play, but individual decisions in defence, we have to take ownership of that, as it's letting us down as a team.

They're men enough to know if it's a poor choice, but it's not enough to put your hand up, you've got to fix it.

The Tigers are an expansive team, Benji Marshall is a very experienced player.

Frustrated isn't really the word, it's unacceptable for me, where we get good leads and we let ourselves down in error and choice in defence. We should be taking control of games and winning them. I think I do know how to fix it, but it is hard fixing it. I speak to a lot of people in and out of the club. I believe I've got an idea of how to fix it, it's easy finding it, harder to fix it.

Root and branch review? "We'll do that again. We'll do a thorough review of the whole football department. It won't be no fluffy review where it makes people feel good. We'll be doing a review to make sure we're finding areas that we need to fix, areas where we have to sit down and focus on in regards to getting right. In saying that, we've got a very good football department, you can see what we can do in our attack... There's not a lot to fix..." We know what it is that's needed, but defence that's the area where we're being let down.

We're realistic, we know everything is not all right. We will be doing a review which puts us out of the comfort zone.

John Bateman. Been watching him for a long time. I met Ryan Sutton and John Bateman early this year when they came out to Australia with Wigan. He's got great utility value, he can play edge, 13, centre and even No. 9. Utility value is a big advantage, very tough kid, can add to defence.

No space for other players? We're always looking, you never know what will happen, it is a continual cycle. We have a few spots left, but not much money left. We'll keep a couple of spots open.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

kiwi raider wrote: August 11, 2018, 6:39 am
greeneyed wrote: August 8, 2018, 8:40 pm I like Andy... but there's not a lot to suggest that he's been successful in the coaching game...

We need to scour the earth for some top line attacking and defensive assistant coaches. And I only mention attack, because I understand Mick Crawley is leaving.
Yea don’t get me wrong, i’m Not saying I think he’s the answer just that I reckon it will happen.
Who let him go? He left the raiders when Furner was head coach to take up a job at the warriors and is now leaving the warriors on his own terms to return to Canberra?
He was sacked by the Warriors as their head coach, however.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

I know it's probably out of context but reading that defense is a problem and they put a lot of emphasis this week is frustrating.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

greeneyed wrote: August 10, 2018, 6:45 pm Ricky Stuart puts Canberra Raiders on notice over defensive frailties

:lol: I loved the part about defence being a focus in the pre-season. It was such a focus we didn't decide to test it in trial matches. I think the focus went something like this:
Sticky: 'Hey Joey, how's your tackle?'
BJ: 'All good boss'
Sticky: 'That's our defensive drills done - what's next?'
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

" I think I do know how to fix it"

Please share deep thinker !!!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Does anybody else here get the feeling we are going to pump this mob ?

I do..
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

edwahu wrote: August 11, 2018, 12:22 pm I know it's probably out of context but reading that defense is a problem and they put a lot of emphasis this week is frustrating.
Sticky (aka Elmer Fudd) watching vewwy vewwy cwoswey.

I think he's had a phone call with bellyache this week judging by this quote from this morning:
'I think I do know how to fix it, but it is hard fixing it. I speak to a lot of people in and out of the club. I believe I've got a solution, it's easy finding it, harder to fix it.'

Defensive frailty has been a hallmark of the Raiders for a decade Stick. You've discovered it needs emphasis this week, really? It's half the bloody game mate. What a revelation that we can score points but can't defend. What on Earth have you been watching from your kick proof plastic chair?
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

-PJ- wrote: August 11, 2018, 12:59 pm Does anybody else here get the feeling we are going to pump this mob ?

I do..
With Cleary committing to the Tigers for next year I'm not sure we will.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

gergreg wrote: August 11, 2018, 1:11 pm
-PJ- wrote: August 11, 2018, 12:59 pm Does anybody else here get the feeling we are going to pump this mob ?

I do..
I'm still very confident..
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

-PJ- wrote:

I do..
I'm still very confident..
That's enough for me. Book it in!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Post by Green eyed Mick »

I do..
It's not exactly good news if you are the current Tigers half likely to get punted to make way for him.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

greeneyed wrote:Frustrated isn't really the word, it's unacceptable for me, where we get good leads and we let ourselves down in error and choice in defence. We should be taking control of games and winning them. I think I do know how to fix it, but it is hard fixing it. I speak to a lot of people in and out of the club. I believe I've got a solution, it's easy finding it, harder to fix it.

Root and branch review? We'll do a thorough review of the whole season. It won't be fluffy, we'll be looking at the areas we need to get right. We've got a very good football department, we are very good in attack. There's not a lot to fix, we know what it is that's needed, but that's the area where we're being let down.

We're realistic, we know everything is not all right. We will be doing a review which puts us out of the comfort zone.
Did they just run the tape from last year? Deadset doesn't have a clue. Otherwise he would have fixed this.... the FIRST time he said he knew what the issue was
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders 'Leipana' has terrorised the Wests Tigers

While Ricky Stuart's focus is on fixing his defence, the Wests Tigers will have at least one eye on the Canberra Raiders attack. Especially the attack from the Raiders' potent right edge. But the Green Machine have lost five games so far this season where they led by 10 points or more.

"Attack is the least of my concerns. I would rather win 6-4 than lose 40-31. My attack is the least of my concerns. It's people buying in to defence," Stuart said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zwwr.html
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ivan Cleary not following Jason Taylor's path after meeting Canberra Raiders

The last time Wests Tigers played at Canberra Stadium it led to Jason Taylor's sacking, but Ivan Cleary vows he'll still be around after this trip down the Hume Highway. Meanwhile Sam Williams says the Raiders need to control the football better to help avoid a repeat of the fadeouts that have plagued their season, including against Penrith last weekend.

"I wish there was a single answer. I think a lot of it's just controlling the footy and then defending your errors," he said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zwws.html
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Pretty pathetic from Stuart, tbh.

His ruthless attitude from when he first started has been reduced to nothing more than whimpering lip service.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

RedRaider wrote: Sticky: 'Hey Joey, how's your tackle?'
Last time I asked that I ended up before HR...
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

He played for Raiders was an assistant coach at Raiders was let go he went to Warriors had 2 seasons and was also let go. The rumours are he may return to Canberra to help coach or something I say like why ?? We need a new head coach not another half coach like McFadden.
I don’t even think he is assisting or coaching anywhere at the moment. I’ve looked.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

InFernos_Raiders wrote: August 11, 2018, 9:05 pm

He played for Raiders was an assistant coach at Raiders was let go he went to Warriors had 2 seasons and was also let go. The rumours are he may return to Canberra to help coach or something I say like why ?? We need a new head coach not another half coach like McFadden.
I don’t even think he is assisting or coaching anywhere at the moment. I’ve looked.
He’s still assistant coach at the Warriors....
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

afgtnk wrote: August 11, 2018, 7:12 pm Pretty pathetic from Stuart, tbh.

His ruthless attitude from when he first started has been reduced to nothing more than whimpering lip service.
See...you can do it !! :clap:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Gallery: Raiders finalise preparations for Tigers clash: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/08 ... ers-clash/