Panthers 13+
75%

Total votes: 8

RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: 2018 Rd 21 V Panthers: Game Day

Post by RTW »

The over 44.5 points into Raiders plus 8.5 looked so good for so long.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

I have never in my life seen a team continue to make the same mistakes for 2 years straight. It’s unbelievable in how we have not improved what so ever in defence, game management and playing out close games. It really is insanity

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

I just watched Stuarts Press Conference, he avoided questions, he has no idea, he needs to resign. He just does not get it that he is not up to the task.
He puts this on the players but it's he coaching and WHY WHY play Austin he let 2 tries in today. You Stuart need to go. Just go the club a favor and resign please.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

AND what does the Club do sign Stuart til 2020.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

Presser depresses me more.

magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

woe is me
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

PerthRaider86 wrote: August 5, 2018, 6:55 pm Is it just me or during the press conference did it look like Ricky knows his job is gone??????
Stuart should just resign he has no idea how to coach a side.
Yes the players are to blame but when this happens pretty much every week and for years it HAS to be the coaching.
chris83
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia, hodgo, all of the magnificent b**tards!!!

Post by chris83 »

Ill be the other side of the pillow for this one, i actually felt sorry for stick at that press conference, he just looked like a bloke who had given up, he looked like a bloke who, on his last chance at nrl coaching has realised that not only does he not have what it takes but the players he signed arent up to what needs to be done.
I've got legs, and i know how to use them
zilhouse
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Alan tongue

Post by zilhouse »

InFernos_Raiders wrote: August 5, 2018, 8:19 pm
PerthRaider86 wrote: August 5, 2018, 6:55 pm Is it just me or during the press conference did it look like Ricky knows his job is gone??????
Stuart should just resign he has no idea how to coach a side.
Yes the players are to blame but when this happens pretty much every week and for years it HAS to be the coaching.
Yeah I thought that too man. He isnt gone but. He'll see out at least next year
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

Begbie wrote: August 5, 2018, 7:43 pm
gangrenous wrote: August 5, 2018, 7:28 pm
Peter wrote:Had a same game 7 leg multi going and only needed Raiders to win to win $2200 Image
Panthers must have been paying good money at half time, should have slapped $500 on them to make sure you walked away up $1700 whatever happened?
exactly, a good hedge right there.
I would have, but also needed Mansour to score a try. I need my head read for thinking the Raiders could win in the first place.
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Northern Raider wrote: August 5, 2018, 6:31 pm
-TW- wrote: August 5, 2018, 6:26 pm
julian87 wrote:I have to preface this with: we suck and would’ve lost anyway.

The 3 refereeing calls in the final 10 minutes were so funny for someone who’s put their care for the game away.

- The Maloney forward pass
- The Rapana penalty
- the obstruction for the final try

All cut and dry wrong.

The season is done but Jesus tap dancing Christ that just fuels my laughable cynicism of the game at the moment.
Checchin had an awful awful game, there was the early penalty where the Panthers bloke drops it cold, Sia letting it go and getting a penalty, the forward pass where the touchie stops..

But if we could tackle we probably wouldn't be mentioning this crap
Those decisions late in the game felt like the refs were making sure it went to script. I'll add the dodgy 6 again call that lead to a try. The 1 on 1 strip on William's the ref called double knock on. It was all going 1 way that last 15 min.
Sure was; the refs see what they want to see! Still doesn't excuse our woeful defence.
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart 'speechless' after another fade-out

A shell-shocked Ricky Stuart refused to blame a dubious James Maloney pass in the lead-up to Penrith's match-winning try by conceding the side's flaws to defend a lead following Canberra's 40-31 loss on Sunday afternoon.

"I haven't spoken to them [the players] yet about [the loss]. That's just marked our season and why we're not in the eight. We've got to so many leads this year and should've won games. So many people ask the question why aren't you in the eight ... there's your reason.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/05/ric ... s-fadeout/

'Leipana' embodies the Green Machine: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zuvx.html

Panthers win with a try from a forward pass. How will the game react? https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zvo1.html

Panthers want top-four spot after continuing comeback win trend: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/08/05/pen ... win-trend/
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Nobody is excusing our crap defense.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

I'd say the players would have been given a pretty decent serve by Stuart in the sheds. He doesn't need to announce in a press conference what our issues are. It's quite obvious anyway, without him talking about it.

Games like this our team is screaming for leaders. Sia, Papa, Sezer and Hodgson. They are our senior players and it's their job to take control of the team, especially when up by 14 points. It isn't happening. This is deeper than a coaching issue. The quicker this season ends the better. Give them a holiday for 4 weeks then take them somewhere to build some mental toughness and leadership.
Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Raider of d Lost Ark »

There were some really poor performances out there today (especially the second half) but if a couple of things went our way we would be saying how good the game was.
The mansour forward pass try and the last try with the obstruction shouldn’t have been given, take them away and we win.
However some shocking defensive errors and we are kicking ourselves again, we are terrible at defending our errors and mistakes. Austin and Paulo were terrible and Boyd was non existent, drop them for the rest of the year and bring in players who will be here next year to start forming some combinations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

That presser was brutal.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Green eyed Mick wrote: August 5, 2018, 7:44 pm Abbey was good today.
Agreed. He hasn't impressed me at all up until this game. I think with another 5kgs on his frame he could become a regular first grader.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

I still think Ricky sitting on the sideline contributes to the poor defence. He can't possibly see where the problems are in defence and take timely action to correct them. Like others I cannot see why players who wont be here next year are picked. It's not like they are match-winners, far from it!
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

edwahu wrote:That presser was brutal.
It was a waste of time
Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Lucky »

Ricky sounded even worse than Barrett after his side blew an 18 point lead....
woppadingo
Brett Mullins

Post by woppadingo »

Green Taipan wrote: August 5, 2018, 8:43 pm I still think Ricky sitting on the sideline contributes to the poor defence. He can't possibly see where the problems are in defence and take timely action to correct them. Like others I cannot see why players who wont be here next year are picked. It's not like they are match-winners, far from it!
x2
x10
x100
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

woppadingo wrote:
Green Taipan wrote: August 5, 2018, 8:43 pm I still think Ricky sitting on the sideline contributes to the poor defence. He can't possibly see where the problems are in defence and take timely action to correct them. Like others I cannot see why players who wont be here next year are picked. It's not like they are match-winners, far from it!
x2
x10
x100
That’s only really valid for one week given it’s pretty much always the same mistakes. Unless Ricky doesn’t watch a replay...
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Lets not forget Ricky watches the game on a higher level than any of us. He knows what he's doing
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Pigman wrote:Lets not forget Ricky watches the game on a higher level than any of us. He knows what he's doing
Maybe his office is in Telstra Tower?
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Agreed Abbey was decent today.

I will not be surprised, but extremely annoyed, if Sezer re-appears on the injury list this week. He looked very tentative all game, wasn't kicking for goal, quickly offloaded on the first intercept he made and looked in agony after barely 10m on the second intercept. There's no way that hamstring is healed properly. And if we've rushed him back and made things worse for a game when our season is over, then that's beyond bone-headed.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

If Ricky Stuart is still in charge of this rabble in 2021, "There needs to be an investigation into this!"
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

So, I watched the game this arvo at the pub with my wife and two friends. We then went out and had dinner. Came home, had another bottle of wine. Had a shower, and just jumped into bed.

I just flashed back to the game. Did that ACTUALLY **** happen? Honestly I’m struggling to believe that was a real thing that happened today. It can’t possibly have been a real thing. Surely!?!!
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Timbo wrote:So, I watched the game this arvo at the pub with my wife and two friends. We then went out and had dinner. Came home, had another bottle of wine. Had a shower, and just jumped into bed.

I just flashed back to the game. Did that ACTUALLY **** happen? Honestly I’m struggling to believe that was a real thing that happened today. It can’t possibly have been a real thing. Surely!?!!
You missed the other 17 times this has happened? It's a thing
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Were the Raiders dudded by the Refs again with two crucial decisions going against us in the final part of the game. Yes. It was like the Cronulla game. The NRL will once more tut tut but nothing can be done to get the two competition points back. Make that 4 competition points in total now. If the officiating gets those calls correct then the Raiders ladder position looks very different to what it does now. It is a shame that the rules of the game and the players are not deciding matches.

Having said that, the usual defensive suspects were again in action for the Raiders. Paulo cannot react quickly and is a target for anyone with a step. Austin also cannot defend a step. I don't know if he has anything wrong with his right shoulder but he seems very reluctant even to get into position to use it. BJ continues to just stay out on his man. No matter that there is a gaping hole to his left. He robotically stays out.

Sticky there are young more athletic forwards who deserve a chance more than Paulo. Given them a go. I think Austin will stay because we are in an injury/suspension position where he cannot be replaced.

On the positive side of the ledger, Nick Cotric is brilliant under the high ball and fearless. He was more involved in attack and as he gains experience he will continue to improve. He lost his footing a couple of times but he is still learning his new role of fullback and I for one hope he keeps it.
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

Just saw that the last 4 times we have played Penrith we were in front at the 70th minute mark and lost all of them!
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I was kind of hoping we'd go on a run, miss the finals by 2pts and blame the NRL...

Then Ricky would get a free pass to continue on.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

RedRaider wrote:Were the Raiders dudded by the Refs again with two crucial decisions going against us in the final part of the game. Yes. It was like the Cronulla game. The NRL will once more tut tut but nothing can be done to get the two competition points back. Make that 4 competition points in total now. If the officiating gets those calls correct then the Raiders ladder position looks very different to what it does now. It is a shame that the rules of the game and the players are not deciding matches
That’s just passing the buck. It’s now 9 games we have lost by 7 points or less 18 points in total.

We take away 6 points from this game, Sharks and Warriors because the refs made wrong calls, that’s 12 points because we forgot the game goes for 80 mins

With those 12 points, we’d be equal 2nd, regardless of the refs doing a bad job

We need to focus on what we can control, so the stuff we can’t control won’t impact us as much
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: August 6, 2018, 7:32 am
RedRaider wrote:Were the Raiders dudded by the Refs again with two crucial decisions going against us in the final part of the game. Yes. It was like the Cronulla game. The NRL will once more tut tut but nothing can be done to get the two competition points back. Make that 4 competition points in total now. If the officiating gets those calls correct then the Raiders ladder position looks very different to what it does now. It is a shame that the rules of the game and the players are not deciding matches
That’s just passing the buck. It’s now 9 games we have lost by 7 points or less 18 points in total.

We take away 6 points from this game, Sharks and Warriors because the refs made wrong calls, that’s 12 points because we forgot the game goes for 80 mins

With those 12 points, we’d be equal 2nd, regardless of the refs doing a bad job

We need to focus on what we can control, so the stuff we can’t control won’t impact us as much
Yes Fui, boo Red..

When your leading 26-12 and 30-18 you could have Stevie Wonder holding the whistle.

We are below ordinary..

I'm going under hypnosis to have 2018 wiped...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: That’s just passing the buck. It’s now 9 games we have lost by 7 points or less 18 points in total.
Hope you’re not including yesterday in that... Your old math teacher will be spewing.

We’ve lost 7 by 7 or fewer.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

gangrenous wrote:
Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: That’s just passing the buck. It’s now 9 games we have lost by 7 points or less 18 points in total.
Hope you’re not including yesterday in that... Your old math teacher will be spewing.

We’ve lost 7 by 7 or fewer.
I Googled Raiders results and counted the games, I included the close Bulldogs win, which was a win by us.

Remove that, and I have 8 by 7 points

1 Titans
2 Knights
3 Warriors
4 Dragons
5 Panthers
6 Broncos
7 Sharks
8 Panthers
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021