Panthers 13+
69%

Total votes: 13

gerg
Laurie Daley

Re: 2018 Rd 21 V Panthers: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by gerg »

It would shut him up though.

Is appointing Barry Gomersall to referee SOO number 1?
Shoving it in your face since 2017
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Hmmm... when you put it that way I’d seriously consider destroying the NRL for 2 years to shut him up!

Worst decision was making Grant and Tayla the winners of Love Island...
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gergreg wrote:It would shut him up though.

Is appointing Barry Gomersall to referee SOO number 1?
He'd have literally nothing to say during commentary...would just have to sit there quietly.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

greeneyed wrote: August 3, 2018, 8:01 pm Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart wary of fast-finishing Penrith Panthers

If the Canberra Raiders needed a reminder of Penrith's now trademark fast finish, they need look no further than their win over Manly last week.

"The last three encounters have all been very close. We let them back into the game at our last encounter here at [Canberra Stadium]," Stuart said. "Those types of games have proven very, very costly. It's one of those games we've had quite a genuinely good lead and succumbed to them coming home as they did last week against Manly.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zvc0.html
That's right Sticky very costly. The players are either not fit enough or have switched off. But still you find room for Paulo. This side is still scarred from what happened in Bathurst last year and the multiple occasions we have been run down since then. While they may be Raider fit they are not NRL fit. Penrith are a top 8 side. We have not been successful against such sides this year. We are unchanging and therefore uncompetitive.

Speaking of adjusting. Did you follow Souths game plan against Storm last night. They had their play makers standing deeper. It meant that the Storm up and in rushing defenders could not get to the play makers before they had passed to the men out side the defensive 'U'. Pretty effective.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Penrith Panthers eye Canberra Raiders win for NRL top-four finish

Penrith Panthers coach Anthony Griffin says they have to beat the struggling Canberra Raiders if they're serious about a top-four finish. The Panthers will be boosted by the return of Australia prop Reagan Campbell-Gillard (jaw) for their clash against the Green Machine, while the Raiders have Blake Austin lining up at centre.

"He has played centre before and once with us so it's not brand new to him, but it's probably not his desired position. But he's doing a job for the team and filling in there," Ricky Stuart said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zviq.html

Why Panthers are confident title drought will end, even from outside top four: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zvcb.html

Fijian 'beauty and the beast' helping Panthers to new heights: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zvcy.html
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

-TW- wrote:
gergreg wrote:
Captain Punish wrote: August 3, 2018, 5:30 pm Hahahahahahahaha!!

Ricky going into bat for the guys he blames for every bad thing that happens to the Raiders..

My god! I have seen it all..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
My memory is a little hazy so I could be way off the mark but when Ricky got sacked from the Kangaroos coaching gig wasn't it because he had said he wanted to "meet up" with the ref in the carpark - or something similar? Apologies if I have it wrong.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... c34233a402

Called Klein a **** and a cheat
Ricky Stuart is the quintessential referee hater. He is without a doubt one of the worst cases when it comes to ref abuse and a major leader in fan hate toward whistle blowers.

The fact this **** can get on his high horse and carry on like this is laughable. He resides on another planet. EDIT

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

Odds on we put on another great display
nachopants
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by nachopants »

Looking forward to us trying hard and learning a lot.
Big Jack
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Lara Croft, Tomb Raider

Post by Big Jack »

RedRaider wrote: August 4, 2018, 3:12 pm
greeneyed wrote: August 3, 2018, 8:01 pm Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart wary of fast-finishing Penrith Panthers

If the Canberra Raiders needed a reminder of Penrith's now trademark fast finish, they need look no further than their win over Manly last week.

"The last three encounters have all been very close. We let them back into the game at our last encounter here at [Canberra Stadium]," Stuart said. "Those types of games have proven very, very costly. It's one of those games we've had quite a genuinely good lead and succumbed to them coming home as they did last week against Manly.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zvc0.html

Speaking of adjusting. Did you follow Souths game plan against Storm last night. They had their play makers standing deeper. It meant that the Storm up and in rushing defenders could not get to the play makers before they had passed to the men out side the defensive 'U'. Pretty effective.
I love seeing teams standing so deep in attack to create real space for the outside backs. When every other club is bashing away on the advantage line as has become the norm over the past 10 years or more, Seibold - in his first year as a head coach, no less - has shown the courage (and rugby league nous) - to do it differently and is reaping the rewards.
Of course, it's not new - have a look at old Raiders clips and see how deep the centres would stand in attack when Stuart and Daley and Meninga were in the halves. I have no idea why more coaches haven't done the same - especially Stuart, who knows it works
"It's not easy being green", K. Frog, 1970