No votes
Panthers 1-12
No votes
Panthers 13+
69%

Total votes: 13

chris83
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia, hodgo, all of the magnificent b**tards!!!

Re: 2018 Rd 21 V Panthers: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by chris83 »

I currently have no interest in this game, lets keep picking blokes who put in 50% like paulo who wont be here next year and not blood the players that will be......god help us.
I've got legs, and i know how to use them
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: 2018 Rd 21 V Panthers: Teams and Previews

Post by reptar »

Azza wrote:
reptar wrote: July 31, 2018, 1:33 pm ]Why bother fixing errors now?
Because we are Raiders.I hope this helps.
So it's not actually going to happen?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

edwahu wrote: July 31, 2018, 4:22 pm I know Knight isn't the most popular player with Ricky but he really didn't deserve to get dropped. Junior has been much worse and is out the door.

The side really doesn't help with next year at all.
Agreed. I'd sooner have Knight and Murchie this week than Boyd and Paulo. Both have put in well when asked. I thought Knight's stint just after half time last week was excellent.

But nah, let's drop the hungry young blokes and pick the slow, lumbering, uninterested ones.

I have to say though, I am frikin overjoyed to see Sezer back (as long as he's really okay and ready to come back). Our in play kicks for the last two weeks have been awful and Sezer and Williams seem to click a bit better. Plus, it means we can shove Austin to the centres and have a marginally less concerning backline (note I did say marginally).
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

chris83 wrote: July 31, 2018, 4:29 pm I currently have no interest in this game, lets keep picking blokes who put in 50% like paulo who wont be here next year and not blood the players that will be......god help us.
Its ****ing disgraceful. I can understand Austin keeping a spot in the side but Paulo should be nowhere near the 17.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Aidan Sezer and Shannon Boyd make Canberra Raiders return

Key duo Aidan Sezer and Shannon Boyd are set to return from injury in a massive boost for a Canberra Raiders outfit looking to salvage its season. Liam Knight has been dropped to the reserves list but wants a place in the top 17 long term.

"Every week I’m going out there to put my best foot forward and show Ricky I can be here long-term and do my best," Liam Knight said. "Every week I’m trying to do better and be better, same as all of the other boys. The season is not over for us, we’ve still got some pride on the line and we want to do well every game.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zuop.html
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders hooker Siliva Havili backs Tonga Test showdown

Canberra Raiders hooker Siliva Havili has thrown his weight behind an international showdown between Tonga and Australia that would transcend rugby league "for our little nation".

"It’s big for us all in the Tongan team itself, but not only that, it’s big for our little nation," Havili said. "I think it’s big for the game of rugby league, we want to test ourselves against the world champions and we’re hopeful that we get that Test.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zuk3.html
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

What the **** is the point of playing Paulo and Boyd who are already out the **** door and have put in 0% effort in their last ten starts.

Why would we want to give time to the blokes who’ll actually be here next year? **** me drunk.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

Article is incorrect.

Return of Sezer is a boost.

Return of Boyd is a ball and chain.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Timbo wrote: July 31, 2018, 5:32 pm What the **** is the point of playing Paulo and Boyd who are already out the **** door and have put in 0% effort in their last ten starts.

Why would we want to give time to the blokes who’ll actually be here next year? **** me drunk.
I agree
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

raiderskater wrote: July 31, 2018, 4:41 pm
edwahu wrote: July 31, 2018, 4:22 pm I know Knight isn't the most popular player with Ricky but he really didn't deserve to get dropped. Junior has been much worse and is out the door.

Agreed. I'd sooner have Knight and Murchie this week than Boyd and Paulo. Both have put in well when asked. I thought Knight's stint just after half time last week was excellent.

But nah, let's drop the hungry young blokes and pick the slow, lumbering, uninterested ones.

I have to say though, I am frikin overjoyed to see Sezer back (as long as he's really okay and ready to come back). Our in play kicks for the last two weeks have been awful and Sezer and Williams seem to click a bit better. Plus, it means we can shove Austin to the centres and have a marginally less concerning backline (note I did say marginally).
I think thats a little harsh on Sammy. His kicks were good
South raider
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by South raider »

I can’t believe knight is not in the team let alone not been re signed h es young and we need front rowers with Boyd and Paulo leaving I d rather re signe him than lui there s more potential with knight surly but Ricky knows best .
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

South raider wrote: July 31, 2018, 5:43 pm I can’t believe knight is not in the team let alone not been re signed h es young and we need front rowers with Boyd and Paulo leaving I d rather re signe him than lui there s more potential with knight surly but Ricky knows best .
Knight already has a contract for next year.
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

Matt wrote: July 31, 2018, 5:37 pm

Fair play, I was mostly thinking about Austin when I wrote that. I imagine Williams will be happier next to Sezer anyway after Austin's little display last week.

I assume Sezer will also get goal-kicking duties back? Or keep Williams kicking one more week until we're sure Sezer is right.

MrMilk
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Terry Campese

Post by MrMilk »

Round 1 2018:
6. Austin
7. WIlliams
14. Sezer

Round 21 2018:
3. Austin
6. Sezer
7. Williams

It's been a wild ride
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

raiderskater wrote: July 31, 2018, 5:53 pm
Matt wrote: July 31, 2018, 5:37 pm

Fair play, I was mostly thinking about Austin when I wrote that. I imagine Williams will be happier next to Sezer anyway after Austin's little display last week.

I assume Sezer will also get goal-kicking duties back? Or keep Williams kicking one more week until we're sure Sezer is right.
I think Sezer will be our goal kicker, assuming that he is fully fit
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

MrMilk wrote: July 31, 2018, 6:01 pm Round 1 2018:
6. Austin
7. WIlliams
14. Sezer

Round 21 2018:
3. Austin
6. Sezer
7. Williams

It's been a wild ride
:roflmao
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

That’s the team selections from a coach who has no idea what he’s doing
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

greeneyed wrote: July 31, 2018, 5:20 pm Canberra Raiders hooker Siliva Havili backs Tonga Test showdown

Canberra Raiders hooker Siliva Havili has thrown his weight behind an international showdown between Tonga and Australia that would transcend rugby league "for our little nation".

"It’s big for us all in the Tongan team itself, but not only that, it’s big for our little nation," Havili said. "I think it’s big for the game of rugby league, we want to test ourselves against the world champions and we’re hopeful that we get that Test.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zuk3.html
Probably also because he gets a big bonus and contract upgrade.
Horace Dove-Edwin
Dean Lance
Favourite Player: Chicka Ferguson

Post by Horace Dove-Edwin »

The pack and bench are good.
But jeez we're experimenting in the backs.

Looks like we're going in the 'Cotric is fullback' direction.
Austin will be found out with defending in the centres.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

So Stuart won’t blood any Mounties like a new centre so he puts Austin in the centres.
He needs to bleed some youth in some Mounties in stuff Boyd, Austin and Paulo our season is gone, Austin didn’t care against Storm. Sheeesh Stuart honestly

Raiders: 1 Nick Cotric, 2 Brad Abbey, 3 Blake Austin, 4 Joseph Leilua, 5 Jordan Rapana, 6 Aidan Sezer, 7 Sam Williams, 8 Iosia Soliola, 9 Josh Hodgson (c), 10 Junior Paulo, 11 Joseph Tapine, 12 Elliott Whitehead, 13 Josh Papalii

Interchange: 14 Dunamis Lui, 15 Shannon Boyd, 16 Siliva Havili, 17 Luke Bateman

Reserves: 18 Liam Knight, 19 Jack Murchie, 20 Makahesi Makatoa, 21 Emre Guler
LastRaider
John Ferguson

2018 Rd 21 V Panthers: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by LastRaider »

What a **** joke! Seriously I’m just at a loss what goes through Ricky’s brain at the moment. Why pick players who are leaving the club when we are not going to make the top 8. The team at a minimum should have Knight and Murchie picked in the 17, with Guler and Kris/Makatoa there too.

EDIT. I’m starting to hate this club! I threw my membership card in the bin the other day, if only I could throw my jersey in but I mentally can’t

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

InFernos_Raiders wrote: July 31, 2018, 6:37 pm So Stuart won’t blood any Mounties like a new centre so he puts Austin in the centres.
He needs to bleed some youth in some Mounties in stuff Boyd, Austin and Paulo our season is gone, Austin didn’t care against Storm. Sheeesh Stuart honestly

Raiders: 1 Nick Cotric, 2 Brad Abbey, 3 Blake Austin, 4 Joseph Leilua, 5 Jordan Rapana, 6 Aidan Sezer, 7 Sam Williams, 8 Iosia Soliola, 9 Josh Hodgson (c), 10 Junior Paulo, 11 Joseph Tapine, 12 Elliott Whitehead, 13 Josh Papalii

He has no choice in the backs, there is no outside backs eligible playing for Mounties. The only option would've been to shuffle them around.
twistedbydesign
Simon Woolford

Post by twistedbydesign »

Good to see Ricky going all out for the 10th place trophy :roll:

Will be interested to see how Cotric goes over the next couple of weeks with Sezer back in the side. Would love him to end the year well and make that spot his own.
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

edwahu wrote: July 31, 2018, 6:40 pm
InFernos_Raiders wrote: July 31, 2018, 6:37 pm So Stuart won’t blood any Mounties like a new centre so he puts Austin in the centres.

He has no choice in the backs, there is no outside backs eligible playing for Mounties. The only option would've been to shuffle them around.
I'd rather see Whitehead in the centres than Austin wearing the green jersey ever again.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

Ricky..... Paulo, Boyd and Austin are leaving us...gone.

They shouldnt be on the first team list, we aren't in their plans, so why are they in ours?

Some of these young players might leave a lasting impression for next year, instead of waiting till next year to try and find out.
Also a taste of first grade could leave then very hungry for more...next year.

Paulo, Boyd and Austin wont be here.. let them go
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

I understand Austin. We’re literally out of backs.

But the two props? **** off.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

So why the hell are we in this position ? We don't have a huge number of injuries so why is that ? Others clubs are able so it must come down to team management. I know Manly are screwed this year because of their many injuries but Raiders are noway in that position. Stuart had chances to bleed some backs in but he stacked our team with forwards.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

So why the hell are we in this position ? We don't have a huge number of injuries so why is that ? Others clubs are able so it must come down to team management. I know Manly are screwed this year because of their many injuries but Raiders are noway in that position. Stuart had chances to bleed some backs in but he stacked our team with forwards.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

we only had Abbey, Oldfield and Ravalawa as backs depth. Ravalawa has been rumoured to have signed with st merge and is playing Canberra cup not Mounties.
We have no more eligible backs.

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I am an advocate for picking the most in form players (as opposed to picked on 'reputation') so I can't fathom the selection of Paulo over Knight. I know we have seen a number head shaker selections this year but why Sticky why? Pick a young hungry bloke who is in better form. Why are we helping out with Paulo's Parra Pre-season?
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

It’s clearly a tactic to avoid having players with second year syndrome next year!

I guess Ricky is treating these like trials too now. So he prefers players in his plans to have none. Wouldn’t want them getting hurt now would we?
Last edited by gangrenous on August 1, 2018, 6:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Matt wrote:I think Sezer will be our goal kicker, assuming that he is fully fit
I think it would be very silly to rush a guy back into goal kicking who injured himself goal kicking when it’s all for nothing. Particularly when your backup has kicked adequately...

So yes, given the decision making and strategy of the Raiders - Sezer kicks I assume Image
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

I like how Sezer is now being viewed as an immortal after a few weeks on the sideline :lol:
afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

Roger Kenworthy wrote: August 1, 2018, 7:36 am I like how Sezer is now being viewed as an immortal after a few weeks on the sideline :lol:
It's pretty much only raiderskater.

He vigorously claps whenever Sezer simply touches the ball.

Or moves a finger.

Or breathes.

It's lamer than Kim Jong-un's cheer squad.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

afgtnk wrote: August 1, 2018, 7:55 am
Roger Kenworthy wrote: August 1, 2018, 7:36 am I like how Sezer is now being viewed as an immortal after a few weeks on the sideline :lol:
It's pretty much only raiderskater.

He vigorously claps whenever Sezer simply touches the ball.

Or moves a finger.

Or breathes.

It's lamer than Kim Jong-un's cheer squad.
You realise raiderskater is a girl right?!?!