Well done gents

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Re: Well done gents

Post by RTW »

greeneyed wrote:We have to take the line that no match is lost due to officiating. That is the culture we need. We don't have it. And it doesn't look like we'll have it for some time.

The fans can debate this sort of thing all they like. But the team, coaching staff, the club, they can't buy into this sort of stuff. It is a sure way to ensure they don't take accountability for their performances. And they can't just say... "we're taking accountability"... while complaining about the calls. Which is what the Raiders do.

They have to buy in. They have to accept that NOTHING the referees ever do influences the result. I have become a complete believer in this. It is because the Raiders can't ever do anything about the referees... except get them off side, by complaining. So, no point complaining about their decisions. The Raiders must take the view that they'll win regardless of the things outside their control. At the moment, they don't believe or accept it. They just give lip service to the idea. That HAS to change. There HAS to be fundamental culture change on this.

Possibly the best post of an extremely frustrating year.

A couple of years back I was chatting to one of the referees consultants and he talked about clubs who have no accountability will always blame the ref and that they were destined to fail. He named Stuart as someone who the refs think just complains and needs to spend more time sorting in house problems. I have long thought that as a club we struggled with accountability and regardless of what is said in the sheds the minute we talk about refs is the minute it is no longer our fault.
PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

#TIMETOSACKRICKY
Perth Based Raiders Fan
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

greeneyed wrote:
gangrenous wrote: July 20, 2018, 10:39 pm
greeneyed wrote: and had lost the game by half time.
Given what transpired that’s just factually wrong.
How so? The Raiders lost the game.
No they didnt! Take the 6 points off the sharks for the no try there and add 6 points on ours for the try that wasn't a forward pass and we well and truly win.

I dont understand why you hate the raiders so much this year. I am yet to read a positive thing you have said

Either stand with the team or move away

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
creevy
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: chris osullivan

Post by creevy »

Also don't know if the AFL still do it but players got extra pay for going to Sydney because of "extra living allowance ". Not the same for us but what about a " relocating to a regional club you don't want to go to allowance ". With 9 Sydney clubs they just swap with each other. Woods, Moylan, Mbye etc.
Gerry De La Cruz
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

cat wrote: July 21, 2018, 1:18 pm
greeneyed wrote:
gangrenous wrote: July 20, 2018, 10:39 pm
greeneyed wrote: and had lost the game by half time.
Given what transpired that’s just factually wrong.
How so? The Raiders lost the game.
No they didnt! Take the 6 points off the sharks for the no try there and add 6 points on ours for the try that wasn't a forward pass and we well and truly win.

I dont understand why you hate the raiders so much this year. I am yet to read a positive thing you have said

Either stand with the team or move away

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Sorry cat, but the final scoreline was Sharks 28 Raiders 24.

You clearly haven't read much of what I say if you've reached that conclusion. And you have no right to tell me how to support the team... or to "move away".
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

as someone who was at the game, and will support this team who i can see are doing their best and were robbed last night anyone who thinks we should have done more and "been better then the refs" need to have a long hard think about why they are so negative towards the team.

There are those who dont even support the raiders who believe we were robbed including buzz rothfield! We are talking about a 12 point turn around!

And to criticize the first half performance by the team is a bit rich too! We lost a player to the bin in the first 3 minutes and then got penalised 5-1 ! You are telling me the sharks only stuffed up once??? Every call went their way.

Could you play better then them? If so where is your first grade rugby league stats?

So as far as i am concerned no we did not lose last night 28-24 , the refs have admitted that at the very least it should have been 23-22 our way thus we did do enough to win.

I dont understand everyone who says they "bleed green" and are "green eyed" etc but spend 90% of their time criticizing the coach, players, admin, medical staff, training staff etc. And think we should just suck it up when the NRL are biased against us and the refs screw up!
Vaccinated
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I would just repeat, you clearly haven't read much of what I've said if you think I say nothing positive about the club. You disagree with my conclusion about how we should respond to refereeing error. Fine. But you have absolutely no right to tell me how to best support the team, nor to "move away". Everything I say, is hoping the absolute best outcome for the club and the future of the club. Feel free to support the club your way... I'll support it as I choose, and I'll be true to my views in doing so. I'll go back to score updating Canberra Raiders Cup and Mounties now.
Azza
Laurie Daley

Post by Azza »

gangrenous wrote: July 21, 2018, 12:39 pm
Azza wrote:8 or 9 BJ's would definitely give me lots of brain explosions.

Oh you meant him.

And yeah, I agree with GE again. 2016 we still had some shocking reffing I am sure but we were good enough to rise above it. Right now we aren't.
I don’t think that’s right at all. Once we strung a few wins together the refs started expecting us to win and be dominant, and we got more calls our way imo.

Shouldn’t be like that, but it is.
I think it absolutely is right.

HOW CAN SHE SLAP ME SIR.