That decision

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

julian87
Laurie Daley

That decision

Post by julian87 »

Is there anything Canberra fans can seriously do to hurt the NRL? Because I think it needs to be done.
well, I guess you could say that I'm buy curious.
Jake
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Paul Vaughan

Re: That decision

Post by Jake »

I am ready to be radicalised.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Nope. Nothing.
Ill be very interested to see what comes of that game from Greenberg. I think i know how that goes, but this is one of the rare occasions when the referees did decide a game with an inexcusable mistake.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

I don't know what we can do do make it happen but until a competent board and CEO are appointed, we're no chance of being taken seriously.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

julian87 wrote: July 20, 2018, 8:06 pm Is there anything Canberra fans can seriously do to hurt the NRL? Because I think it needs to be done.
Join the NRL in the mailing room, spend 30 years working your way up to CEO, then steer them into bankruptcy. Simple.
rayden83
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by rayden83 »

The only thing we can do is collectively boycott the next home game. That will draw attention but the club and players more than the NRL. And to be honest , by Monday we will have forgotten and look be looking forward to the next round. Also we got lucky with a few dodgy calls against the Bulldogs , in the long run it mostly balances itself out. the sad reality is we put ourselves in this postion, that our season would be decided by referee decisions rather than conistent peformances.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

I really, really hate to be that guy. I hate to even try and call out the refs. I was so disappointed with how things were going earlier in the year that I tried to delete my account.

But this was just beyond belief. I can not still even fathom that it happened.
julian87
Laurie Daley

Post by julian87 »

rayden83 wrote: July 20, 2018, 8:29 pm The only thing we can do is collectively boycott the next home game. That will draw attention but the club and players more than the NRL. And to be honest , by Monday we will have forgotten and look be looking forward to the next round. Also we got lucky with a few dodgy calls against the Bulldogs , in the long run it mostly balances itself out. the sad reality is we put ourselves in this postion, that our season would be decided by referee decisions rather than conistent peformances.
I honestly think a very public decision to do this might be the only thing.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

That decision

Post by Sid »

Be better if someone could think of anything meaningful to aim at the NRL without also turning the back on the club at the same time. Not sure what

Also not sure which decision this thread is about.. could be so many
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
the bone
John Ferguson

Post by the bone »

That is an all time bad decision.
Ricky Stuart in the presser “This is why people are turning off rugby league”... amen

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

That knock on and that forward pass...... It's just sad. Really, really sad no matter what team you go for

Why?

Because it will happen again next week. And other poor bludgers like us will be disenchanted with the NRL

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Raiders Lim!
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Raiders Lim! »

But hey, on the plus side there’s been an 18 rnd crack down on cleaning up the ruck... and the game is much better for it right? Image

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Johno
David Furner

Post by Johno »

Croker gets run off the ball every game all year, Oldfield gets penalised for absolutely nothing, bizarre
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

It Bull. Straight up.
sprintman
Brett Mullins

Post by sprintman »

Buzz Rothfield Sharks main man tweeted Raiders were dudded (exact words)
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

I thought 3 of their first half tries were off suspect passes. Calling BJs forward in this contest was taking the piss. As Geoff said.. Their needs to be an investigation into this. There needs to be some accountability!!
AUSTEZER
Terry Campese
Favourite Player: John Ferguson

Post by AUSTEZER »

Tonight proved Nrl is Absolutely EDIT.
Every disgusting decision was EDIT.
zilhouse
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Alan tongue

Post by zilhouse »

I don't think they have EDIT. We did have all the 50 50s go against us but
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

The prospects of the Raiders playing finals has been on life support for weeks through no ones fault but their own. Every year we seemingly throw games away and put ourselves in position needing to win the majority of games to reach September.

And frankly I'm jack of it. Why can't we be the club to get off to a flyer to start a season ? StGeorge being 2018s example. It allows you to have an off day here and there. It allows you to rest players during Origin time. And when your club cops howlers from the refs it doesn't hurt so bad.

If we had of been leading by 30 last night those bad calls we copped last night wouldn't matter. But we weren't and it does matter.

We are done..and our first month of football is to blame. We need to be better in so many facets of the game. Then we can be in a position to brush off poor calls.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

And the forward pass...

Well.

Melbourne beat Manly last week with a blatant forward pass.
Brisbane beat Parramatta a few weeks back with a blatant forward pass.

BJs ball last night was spot on the $$$....beautiful.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

As bad as the flag decision was, and that was literally shocking... to call a beautiful 20m floating pass back as forward, like they did with BJ's, is a disgrace. The laws of the game and their interpretation by the refs should centre around rewarding good attack... to call that back, and in the same game as the "flag up" chaos... just wow. They should be dropped for 12 months, but they won't be. Refereeing is too political. They will be seen to have worked up over many years to have "earned" their NRL ref status, contributed to the referee associations etc, work hard at referee training... but who cares about all that if you make an absolute stinker

I get that people make mistakes but then they should be accountable
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Johno wrote: July 20, 2018, 9:40 pm Croker gets run off the ball every game all year, Oldfield gets penalised for absolutely nothing, bizarre
Croker was penalised last week for tackling a bloke in mid air..he was contesting the ball !!!!!!

Why can't these referees see what I'm seeing, it s right there in front of you ya muppet.

I'm adamant certain clubs are getting a smooth ride in this competition.

Sour grapes..sure. Jealous..sure. Angry..you better believe it.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I think what made the Leilua forward pass call worse was the fact that there were so many obvious indicators that it wasn't. Leilua passes the ball from about a metre behind the 10m line. It's caught - about a metre behind the 10m line, and the player catching it has to reach behind him to grab it. And yet somehow, that's "forward". ****.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

I watch one game of footy a week and even that's destroyed with rot.

I'm over Greenberg as well. He should walk into BSuttons office on Monday morning and sack him. Then call the other two Suttons and sack them as well. Then announce he is standing down effective immediately...

They've lost the plot.

#nomoresuttons
BJ
Steve Walters

That decision

Post by BJ »

rayden83 wrote:The only thing we can do is collectively boycott the next home game. That will draw attention but the club and players more than the NRL. And to be honest , by Monday we will have forgotten and look be looking forward to the next round. Also we got lucky with a few dodgy calls against the Bulldogs , in the long run it mostly balances itself out. the sad reality is we put ourselves in this postion, that our season would be decided by referee decisions rather than conistent peformances.
What are the dodgy calls we got lucky with against the Bulldogs?

Bulldogs scored off some very dodgy forward passes and got away with clear interference in the ruck causing incorrect PTBs. No one was out in the press after the Bulldogs game saying they were robbed by the refs.

Why are you trying to excuse last nights shocking refereeing with this claim about the Bulldogs game?
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

It’s so frustrating to see all of the forward passes we see let go game to game, so to see passes that clearly went backwards be called forward... 🤦‍♂️
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

I hate trying to read things and trying to make sense of posts with EDIT in the middle of them. Annoys the **** out of me
Perth Based Raiders Fan
hobbsy
Glenn Lazarus

Post by hobbsy »

Forget trying to hurt the NRL, but if you want to make a difference? Get your kids to grab a whistle and start reffing junior league games. Get down there and tell the parents on the sidelines to stop abusing the kids out there doing their best. The only way it gets better is if better referees come through, and that only happens if kids arent driven away from the game from people treating them like they do the bloke in the middle at an NRL ground.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Great post
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

hobbsy wrote: July 21, 2018, 1:40 pm Forget trying to hurt the NRL, but if you want to make a difference? Get your kids to grab a whistle and start reffing junior league games. Get down there and tell the parents on the sidelines to stop abusing the kids out there doing their best. The only way it gets better is if better referees come through, and that only happens if kids arent driven away from the game from people treating them like they do the bloke in the middle at an NRL ground.
:clap:
woppadingo
Brett Mullins

Post by woppadingo »

hobbsy wrote: July 21, 2018, 1:40 pm Forget trying to hurt the NRL, but if you want to make a difference? Get your kids to grab a whistle and start reffing junior league games. Get down there and tell the parents on the sidelines to stop abusing the kids out there doing their best. The only way it gets better is if better referees come through, and that only happens if kids arent driven away from the game from people treating them like they do the bloke in the middle at an NRL ground.
Look, I agree with all that. But I just want to add... and it has to be said. The club, the fans, and the players all have to understand that the majority of NRL followers hate Canberra and through it the Raiders. Refs hate us, channel 9 hates us and a lot of the powerful people in the game hate us... and the NRL would be happy to see us fold. For the Raiders to be successful we have to overcome all those obstacles, just to get a level playing field!.
I dont like it. You dont like it. Its just the way it is.
The only way to hurt them is to win, win and win.
When we stop living in denial of that fact, then we have a chance.
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Guys here is the link to the petition another Raiders fan has started, I say we support him.

Remember when we got Carney over the line. :)

https://www.gopetition.com/petitions/pe ... acked.html
Vaccinated
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

raiderskater wrote:I think what made the Leilua forward pass call worse was the fact that there were so many obvious indicators that it wasn't. Leilua passes the ball from about a metre behind the 10m line. It's caught - about a metre behind the 10m line, and the player catching it has to reach behind him to grab it. And yet somehow, that's "forward". ****.
It wasn’t necessarily forward, the referee just thought it might have been forward.
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

NRL officials from Raiders-Sharks game face standing down

The two NRL officials responsible for the controversial calls that cost the Canberra Raiders at Shark Park on Friday face demotion for the next round.

NRL referees boss Bernie Sutton confirmed on Saturday the Sione Katoa try should've been disallowed, while Brad Abbey's disallowed try should've been allowed.

Both proved crucial to the outcome, with the Raiders eventually losing 28-24 to Cronulla.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zstl.html
Vaccinated
cat
Laurie Daley

Post by cat »

so that's a 10-12 point difference the NRL has agreed on so the end score should have been

raiders 28/30 sharks 22

very different story then.....
Vaccinated