33%
Sharks 13+
44%

Total votes: 9

Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Re: 2018 Rd 19 V Sharks: Game Day

Post by Lui_Bon »

greeneyed wrote: July 23, 2018, 7:53 am Vossy’s Verdict: Criticism of referees has to be measured, not a personal insult

I know it is hard to see past the controversy in Sharks V Raiders. I had never witnessed the likes of the ‘flag drama’ before. However, I can’t help but think in a real post mortem that you pinpoint anything but the 22 points conceded, and 16 point half time deficit as the catalyst for the Raiders defeat. A better first 40 minutes and they would have never been in the position of chasing points.

And please don’t try and blame the controversy of last Friday night on whether the Raiders play finals football in 2018. The fact is, they are still yet to beat a side currently in the top eight this year. Not one. Sorry, but it can’t all be bad luck.
If Voss was paying attention he might have seen at least the first penalty for a play the ball infringement from Lui where he actually touched the ball with his foot, it just didn't go backwards: he obviously didn't see all the later play the balls where feet wafted somewhere in the vicinity of the footy. He might have seen the two out of five blatant forward passes in the Edrick Lee try: I'm guessing he'd counter with a marginal one in the Abbey try. He might have seen the strip on the Bateman dropped call "decision": against that, there's nothing. He certainly should have seen the 5-1 penalty count, including two for defensive offside at the exact moment the sharks dropped the ball.
He might like to think about how a competent display of refereeing may have influenced the first half....

But I'd hate to blame the refs... I'd just like to see how well the Sharks go against more "high-profile" teams...