33%
Sharks 13+
44%

Total votes: 9

CJ42
Laurie Daley

Re: 2018 Rd 19 V Sharks: Game Day

Post by CJ42 »

The usual suspects will Come strolling in with their tin foil hats comments, but we got absolutely **** destroyed by the refs tonight. Pathetic calls.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

I never whinge about refs but we were robbed blind repeatedly tonight and we would have won the game but for the refs.
Stuart should be seething
Up The Milk
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Impressive Josh Hodgeson. Speaks very very well
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Hodgo grumpy and calling out the refs. I like it.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Hodgo telling it like it is post match. Good on him.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

I've completely lost interest in the NRL. What's the point watching this amateur hour crap?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Even commentator says it is one of the worst reffing performance in the history of the game. Stuart should call the cops.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Billy Walker wrote: July 20, 2018, 7:53 pm Impressive Josh Hodgeson. Speaks very very well
Nah. He talks funny
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Hodgson gets it off his chest during an interview and not during press conference so no 10k fine?
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

Anasta ripping into all the bad ref decisions
Perth Based Raiders Fan
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

WOW!
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Mickey_Raider wrote: July 20, 2018, 7:53 pm I never whinge about refs but we were robbed blind repeatedly tonight and we would have won the game but for the refs.
100% people who whinge about refs **** me to tears but free pass to whinge tonight that was a frigging joke!
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

That was a **** rort
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

The three key, game-changing, potentially season-ending calls:

- Pass goes wide and maybe touches a Sharks player. Touchie raises his flag (and tbh I thought I heard a whistle) but while the Raiders stop the Sharks play on and somehow it's a try in spite of a lack of conclusive evidence that the Sharks player didn't touch it. (So much wrong with this one.)

- The "forward" pass that at absolute worst was flat. This was a Raiders try, but even if not, should have been a Raiders penalty as pretty much every Shark was offside.

- The "knock on" call for Hodgson's clearly knocked-back one on one strip.

Add that to a bunch of other little **** through the game (including Sharks throwing a dozen forward passes of their own) and...
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Old School Green
Dean Lance

Post by Old School Green »

Cheating. Pure and simply cheating. There is no other explanation. What an absolute disgrace.
87, 89, 90, 91, 94, 19
I was there. Go the Milk !!
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Braith Anasta “If I was Ricky Stuart I would be calling the cops because the Raiders were absolutely robbed”
Up The Milk
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

CJ42 wrote: July 20, 2018, 7:53 pm The usual suspects will Come strolling in with their tin foil hats comments, but we got absolutely **** destroyed by the refs tonight. Pathetic calls.
Social media's blowing up. Other teams' fans are agreeing.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

Now that we are no risk of overtaking the Broncos we might get a few calls next week lol
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

Yeah nah... I was definitely just whinging, refs were top shelf... I stand corrected
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Appalling way to end a terrible season.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Billy Walker wrote: July 20, 2018, 7:54 pm
Mickey_Raider wrote: July 20, 2018, 7:53 pm I never whinge about refs but we were robbed blind repeatedly tonight and we would have won the game but for the refs.
100% people who whinge about refs **** me to tears but free pass to whinge tonight that was a frigging joke!

Yep whinge away tonight,that was a like being a pretty boy on your first night at Long bay...un **** believable.
This place is woke.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker

Post by Mickey_Raider »

it doesn’t even matter how many games we have blown this season. We have been straight up robbed of the chance at semi finals tonight. Sackings must ensue
Up The Milk
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

The other thing that annoyed me was we got cained in the penalties in the first half, then the refs give us 4 first tackle penalties deep on their line in the second. Thats nothing but evening the count.
Last edited by edwahu on July 20, 2018, 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

I tell you who else annoys me - BJ Lelua!

How can he sporadically play so well. He was top shelf tonight. As good a game as you would want from him. Where is that (or something like it) week in week out?

How does he drift between insanely good to horrendous
hiriser
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hiriser »

I gave up on this corrupt league a long time ago.

I just watched the game as i had Canberra +6.5. And as predictable as always, the sharks let us walk one in with 2 minutes left for a backdoor cover. The game has so much money coming in from bookies, all players and referees know the line. Spot fixing in all sports is a unspoken secret.
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

Seriously at the end of the day the reffspoor calls mean nothing in comparison to the 4 or 5 gMes we should have won / thrown away earlier in the season, take solice in this fact and you may resurect your weekend
Finite
David Furner

Post by Finite »

There are people who say the refs cost us every game and thats obviously not the case but there is no doubt they 100% cost us the game tonight. It wont matter, though. As usual nothing anyone says will make a difference as long as the NRL is run like a dictatorship.
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Mickey_Raider wrote:Braith Anasta “If I was Ricky Stuart I would be calling the cops because the Raiders were absolutely robbed”
Call of the year
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
hiriser
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hiriser »

edwahu wrote: July 20, 2018, 7:59 pm The other thing that annoyed me was we got cained in the penalties in the first half, then the refs give us 4 first tackle penalties deep on their line in the second. Thats nothing but evening the count.
Just part of the script mate.
Finite
David Furner

Post by Finite »

Billy Walker wrote: July 20, 2018, 7:59 pm I tell you who else annoys me - BJ Lelua!

How can he sporadically play so well. He was top shelf tonight. As good a game as you would want from him. Where is that (or something like it) week in week out?

He probably has the widest swings between horrible and incredible of any player i have seen.
Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Raider of d Lost Ark »

Any one got Ricky’s mobile number, would love to send him a few texitsessss......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

CJ42 wrote: July 20, 2018, 7:53 pm The usual suspects will Come strolling in with their tin foil hats comments, but we got absolutely **** destroyed by the refs tonight. Pathetic calls.
Na, the usual suspects are rational human beings. When the refs actually cost us a game, like they ultimately did here with the ludicrous forward pass call, they’ll agree that the officials need to be unloaded on

Just because they aren’t willing to blame officials for some nondescript ruck penalty for a bad loss doesn’t mean they think the officials are faultless

P
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Finite wrote: July 20, 2018, 8:00 pm There are people who say the refs cost us every game and thats obviously not the case but there is no doubt they 100% cost us the game tonight. It wont matter, though. As usual nothing anyone says will make a difference as long as the NRL is run like a dictatorship.
Be very surprised if there weren't demotions out of this
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Finite wrote: July 20, 2018, 8:00 pm
Billy Walker wrote: July 20, 2018, 7:59 pm I tell you who else annoys me - BJ Lelua!

He probably has the widest swings between horrible and incredible of any player i have seen.
I think he has been more diamonds than rocks this year.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

MATCH REPORT: Canberra Raiders suffer painful loss to Cronulla Sharks

Four first-half tries to Cronulla set up their 28-24 win over Canberra at Southern Cross Stadium and probably consigned the Raiders to missing the NRL finals for the second year in a row but it happened under controversial circumstances.

The Raiders came with plenty of energy and were no pushovers with a second-half spurt bringing the scoreline to within four points. But the Sharks' classy backline and sharp passing game proved too much for the depleted visitors.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/20/can ... la-sharks/