Post by Sid »

Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Shano
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: The dood with the boofy hair

Re: 2018 Rd 19 V Sharks: Game Day

Post by Shano »

I don't care what anyone says, the referees 100% influenced the outcome of that game...100%
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

PerthRaider86 wrote:Anasta ripping into all the bad ref decisions
I’ve never ever heard Anasta go off like that.

Even Sharks fans around me admitted they got extremely lucky with the refs all night. A couple thought it was bordering on insider gambling payments as the only explanation.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Shano wrote: July 20, 2018, 8:03 pm I don't care what anyone says, the referees 100% influenced the outcome of that game...100%
Not sure anyone is arguing with you
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Billy Walker wrote: July 20, 2018, 8:02 pm
Finite wrote: July 20, 2018, 8:00 pm There are people who say the refs cost us every game and thats obviously not the case but there is no doubt they 100% cost us the game tonight. It wont matter, though. As usual nothing anyone says will make a difference as long as the NRL is run like a dictatorship.
Be very surprised if there weren't demotions out of this
Its us, have we ever got an apology or demotion? They even doubled down on the Boyd no try.
Velda
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Terry Campese

Post by Velda »

100% those calls were beyond wrong, not even 90-10, they were just wrong. BUT if we had played as well in the first half as we did in the second OR played that well in just three of the rubbish games we turned in at the start of the season then those 2 calls wouldn’t have ended our season 😪
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Shano wrote:I don't care what anyone says, the referees 100% influenced the outcome of that game...100%
And the whole **** nrl bar Sharks fans and the Sutton brothers agree..

That was a royal stiffing
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

The ref's stitched us up but we were very poor in the first half and only came close because the Sharks were poor for most of the second half.
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

Canberra Milk wrote: July 20, 2018, 6:49 pm
Archer wrote: July 20, 2018, 6:47 pm This officiating has been disgusting. We don't stand a hope in hell, might as well remain in the sheds at half time
Is that you, Sticky
What did you think of the second half CM? Got more funny stuff?
hiriser
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hiriser »

Velda wrote: July 20, 2018, 8:05 pm 100% those calls were beyond wrong, not even 90-10, they were just wrong. BUT if we had played as well in the first half as we did in the second OR played that well in just three of the rubbish games we turned in at the start of the season then those 2 calls wouldn’t have ended our season 😪
Don't forget why we were down 22 - 6 in the first half.
We were getting caned by the refs 6 - 1.

All game every 50/50 loose ball, the call was going to the sharks too.
At the end of the day Canberra doesn't mean **** to the league.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Personally, i am just pleased we had Josh Hodgson as captain tonight, who undoubtedly gets a better shake of things with the officials, imagine if we had Croker tonight?

LOL.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Abby could improve his bomb catching technique by charging harder at the contest and closing his eyes earlier...
Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by Raider of d Lost Ark »

hiriser wrote:
Velda wrote: July 20, 2018, 8:05 pm 100% those calls were beyond wrong, not even 90-10, they were just wrong. BUT if we had played as well in the first half as we did in the second OR played that well in just three of the rubbish games we turned in at the start of the season then those 2 calls wouldn’t have ended our season Image
Don't forget why we were down 22 - 6 in the first half.
We were getting caned by the refs 6 - 1.

All game every 50/50 loose ball, the call was going to the sharks too.
At the end of the day Canberra doesn't mean **** to the league.

Don’t forget down to 12 men after 4 minutes too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins

Pigman wrote:Personally, i am just pleased we had Josh Hodgson as captain tonight, who undoubtedly gets a better shake of things with the officials, imagine if we had Croker tonight?

LOL.
ImageImageImageImage

Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Billy Walker wrote: July 20, 2018, 8:09 pm Abby could improve his bomb catching technique by charging harder at the contest and closing his eyes earlier...
hahah, it really would be close to a miracle if he came down with the ball in hand.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Pigman wrote: July 20, 2018, 8:08 pm Personally, i am just pleased we had Josh Hodgson as captain tonight, who undoubtedly gets a better shake of things with the officials, imagine if we had Croker tonight?

LOL.
Please don’t poke that bear. :lol:
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: July 20, 2018, 8:11 pm
Pigman wrote: July 20, 2018, 8:08 pm Personally, i am just pleased we had Josh Hodgson as captain tonight, who undoubtedly gets a better shake of things with the officials, imagine if we had Croker tonight?

LOL.
NO **** YOU!
YOU CANT STOP ME FROM POKING IT!!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Begbie wrote: July 20, 2018, 8:10 pm
Billy Walker wrote: July 20, 2018, 8:09 pm Abby could improve his bomb catching technique by charging harder at the contest and closing his eyes earlier...
hahah, it really would be close to a miracle if he came down with the ball in hand.
He looks the good except he can't handle a kick and that is a big problem. It's not nerves or poor luck he has horrible technique
Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins

Begbie wrote:
Hahahaha he really is ****

Velda
Ken Nagas
Favourite Player: Terry Campese

Post by Velda »

At least 3 of those penalties were blatant, the Raiders were clearly trying to slow the game because their defence was terrible...not to mention Abbey and Oldfield muppet handing it a couple of time, can’t blame the refs for that.
Leebola
Brett Mullins

Post by Leebola »

Hodgo dropped the truth on the NRL tonight. A genuine leader.
rayden83
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Rapana

Re: 2018 Rd 19 V Sharks: Game

Post by rayden83 »

Referees make these terrible decisions because they are a protected species, they are always right, even when they’re wrong, so there is no accountability when they screw up. Id imagine referring standards would be exponentially higher if suspensions were doled for terrible performances and there was a more competition for referees, though to be honest I am fimrly convinced the NRL prefers referees who are suspectible to influence from the home crowd, who are more likely to award in favour of the home team, therefore keep patrons happy and returning with open wallets. A bit like jury duty, they dont pick the smartest, most objective dury, they pick the jurors most malleable to the barristers arguments.
Archer
David Furner
Favourite Player: Boxhead

Post by Archer »

LOL.
Didn't think I'd be feeling anything but rage for a while but this did the trick. :roflmao
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Raider of d Lost Ark wrote:
Begbie wrote:
Hahahaha he really is ****

He looked like a world beater in NSW Cup

Another one of those I guess
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

Outside of the terrible refs the team selection was pretty weird. Why was Cotric on the wing for 90 percent of the match. Abbey was getting physically smashed. We might have well won that game with fightin Jack Wighton at fullback because he would have shutdown the sharks on all their half breaks.

And then Oldfield put in a legit shocker at centre when he is a perfectly competent winger.
Friendly Cowboy Fan
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by Friendly Cowboy Fan »

I am a diehard Cowboys fan who is posting in here for one reason alone.

You guys got dudded in the worst refereeing performance I have ever seen in my life. I already thought that with twenty minutes left on the clock and it only got worse.

It is not easy for me to defend the Raiders. I was at the game when you touched up my Cowboys last week. But I stand by what I just saw tonight. Ricky has every right to blow up tonight and some. That was a farce tonight. And to think that could cost a team their season... :(
Last edited by Friendly Cowboy Fan on July 21, 2018, 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
KingDynamite
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by KingDynamite »

I’m not ready to concede that our season is quite over yet. I think we will go on a run starting with the Storm. Make the top 8 on +/- then get pummelled in the first round by thr Dragons.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Pete Cash wrote: July 20, 2018, 8:14 pm Outside of the terrible refs the team selection was pretty weird. Why was Cotric on the wing for 90 percent of the match. Abbey was getting physically smashed. We might have well won that game with fightin Jack Wighton at fullback because he would have shutdown the sharks on all their half breaks.

And then Oldfield put in a legit shocker at centre when he is a perfectly competent winger.

Indeed. We conceded a lot of points tonight, and all of it was predictable. The team selection was wrong. And most of us knew it.
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Velda wrote:At least 3 of those penalties were blatant, the Raiders were clearly trying to slow the game because their defence was terrible...not to mention Abbey and Oldfield muppet handing it a couple of time, can’t blame the refs for that.
Problem is there were some blatant offsides by the Sharks, clear forward passes and obvious not Square at Marker that were ignored by the refs.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Pigman wrote: July 20, 2018, 8:11 pm
Northern Raider wrote: July 20, 2018, 8:11 pm

LOL.
NO **** YOU!
YOU CANT STOP ME FROM POKING IT!!
If Croker was out there tonight he would have flapped his arms that much he'd have either torn both pecs or flown back to Goulburn!
Leebola
Brett Mullins

Post by Leebola »

Velda wrote: July 20, 2018, 8:13 pm At least 3 of those penalties were blatant, the Raiders were clearly trying to slow the game because their defence was terrible...not to mention Abbey and Oldfield muppet handing it a couple of time, can’t blame the refs for that.
Please. I'm in the 'Q-town mafia is our problem' camp, but tonight was an embarrassing, blatant anti-Raiders carve up.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

BJ wrote: July 20, 2018, 8:04 pm

Even Sharks fans around me admitted they got extremely lucky with the refs all night. A couple thought it was bordering on insider gambling payments as the only explanation.
Even Brandy was going crazy. And you know it's bad when that one-eyed flog Brandy thinks WE were robbed.

And now of course Penrith are going to fail us, aren't they.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Raider of d Lost Ark
Brett Mullins

rayden83 wrote:Referees make these terrible decisions because they are a protected species, they are always right, even when they’re wrong, so there is no accountability when they screw up. Id imagine referring standards would be exponentially higher if suspensions were doled for terrible performances and there was a more competition for referees, though to be honest I am fimrly convinced the NRL prefers referees who are suspectible to influence from the home crowd, who are more likely to award in favour of the home team, therefore keep patrons happy and returning with open wallets. A bit like jury duty, they dont pick the smartest, most objective dury, they pick the jurors most malleable to the barristers arguments.

Surely those clowns are not sitting in their rooms thinking “we can be happy with our performance tonight”???

kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

BJ wrote: July 20, 2018, 8:04 pm

A few of those calls were beyond bad, they almost looked deliberate rather than referee error. I can understand people questioning match fixing etc after that