Michael Oldfield re-signs with Canberra Raiders to end 2020

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: Michael Oldfield re-signs with Canberra Raiders to end 2020

Post by greeneyed »

I warned you about the hands... I felt sorry for him having to play on with a busted knee. He was in obvious pain, and grimacing.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Everyone knows about the hands but he's on 150k not 400k. This is going to happen sometimes until he improves his consistency.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

I'm worried about his knee. If we lose him too what happens next week? Our backline is being held together with sticky tape right now.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

raiderskater wrote: July 20, 2018, 9:29 pm I'm worried about his knee. If we lose him too what happens next week? Our backline is being held together with sticky tape right now.
Whitehead will have to play center, there are no wingers available to allow Cotric to move in.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

zim wrote: July 20, 2018, 9:10 pm Everyone knows about the hands but he's on 150k not 400k. This is going to happen sometimes until he improves his consistency.
He's a really nice bloke, but not a first grader. Certainly he should not have been played in the centres.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I think he’s a first grader from what I’ve seen.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

On the wing, not centres
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Yep. I won’t say he can’t be a centre based off one bad game he played under an injury cloud though.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

edwahu wrote: July 20, 2018, 9:33 pm
raiderskater wrote: July 20, 2018, 9:29 pm I'm worried about his knee. If we lose him too what happens next week? Our backline is being held together with sticky tape right now.
Whitehead will have to play center, there are no wingers available to allow Cotric to move in.
Yea Tapine back with Whitehead to centre or Is Ravalawa fit? He could play wing with Cotric at centre
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

kiwi raider wrote: July 21, 2018, 6:52 am
edwahu wrote: July 20, 2018, 9:33 pm
Yea Tapine back with Whitehead to centre or Is Ravalawa fit? He could play wing with Cotric at centre
Ravalawa is playing in Canberra comp for some reason. So I don't think he will be considered.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

-TW- wrote: July 20, 2018, 10:34 pm On the wing, not centres
Yep, I think he’s a really solid FG winger but looks out of his depth at centre
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

Absolute shocker of a decision to play him centre. Unfathomable
sprintman
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by sprintman »

He’s a winger and pretty good at it.
green eyebrow
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Tom Starling Elliot Whitehead

Post by green eyebrow »

Oldfield....dropped the ball twice last week against the Sharks
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

Agree, he's a good squad filler on the wing. I've been most impressed with his carries out of our own end in all the games he's filled in, he does roll the sleeves up. I'm happy to have him and work on his handling, I recall a time when Rapana was shocking with that exact issue.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Woodgers wrote: July 24, 2018, 9:24 am I recall a time when Rapana was shocking with that exact issue.
I remember it too, it was a very sad time for Raiders fans. Many of which were derisively calling him "EDIT fingers"

Nickman and I fought the good fight and we won. The shame remains with the people who referred to him in that manner. :nooo
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Pigman wrote:
Woodgers wrote: July 24, 2018, 9:24 am I recall a time when Rapana was shocking with that exact issue.
I remember it too, it was a very sad time for Raiders fans. Many of which were derisively calling him "EDIT fingers"

Nickman and I fought the good fight and we won. The shame remains with the people who referred to him in that manner. :nooo
So it was just you and Nickman who fought the good fight for Rapana????

You used to be one of my favourite posters, but you’ve destroyed your credibility this week with your crazy views and rants.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

BJ wrote: July 24, 2018, 9:41 am
Pigman wrote:

You used to be one of my favourite posters, but you’ve destroyed your credibility this week with your crazy views and rants.
Fair call, Dubby.

re: being a favourite poster
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

Pigman wrote: July 24, 2018, 9:31 am

Where is that bloke and is he sending you tips from the bunker?
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

BJ wrote: July 24, 2018, 9:41 am
Pigman wrote:

They would often talk about in bed on Saturday mornings. In their blissful ignorance they didn’t realise that Raps had plenty of other fans on the GH.

I used to watch him playing for Souths Logan thinking this guy is too good for QLD Cup. This was around the same time Luke PAGE was tearing it up there.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Woodgers wrote: July 24, 2018, 9:56 am
Pigman wrote: July 24, 2018, 9:31 am

Where is that bloke and is he sending you tips from the bunker?
Hearing too many voices has long been an issue for Pigman

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

I disagree that it's been a problem, and at least 7 of my other 12 personalities feel the same way.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Pigman wrote: July 24, 2018, 10:26 am I disagree that it's been a problem, and at least 7 of my other 12 personalities feel the same way.
The other 5 are Lucy
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Botman
Mal Meninga

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: July 24, 2018, 9:03 pm
Pigman wrote: July 24, 2018, 10:26 am I disagree that it's been a problem, and at least 7 of my other 12 personalities feel the same way.
The other 5 are Lucy
:lol:
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Northern Raider wrote:
The other 5 are Lucy
There’s another thread where this punchline is needed! Moving it there now Image
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I used to be a popular poster. Now I'm as popular as diarrhoea on a 20 hour flight

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

dubby wrote: July 25, 2018, 10:19 am I used to be a popular poster. Now I'm as popular as diarrhoea on a 20 hour flight

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Well imagine what it’s like getting 0% vote in the Boogs.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

greeneyed wrote: July 20, 2018, 10:30 pm
zim wrote: July 20, 2018, 9:10 pm Everyone knows about the hands but he's on 150k not 400k. This is going to happen sometimes until he improves his consistency.
He's a really nice bloke, but not a first grader. Certainly he should not have been played in the centres.
Yeah I don't see a huge jump in consistency happening at this stage of his career. I see him as one of the better depth wingers in the game, but clearly a back up.