Cowboys 13+
No votes

Total votes: 6

Lucky
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Croker

Re: 2018 Rd 18 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by Lucky »

Great win. How good is it having Rapa back!
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

gangrenous wrote: July 14, 2018, 9:46 pm
RTW wrote:Very impressed by our goal line defence in those last few minutes when the game was won. Great attitude and commitment.
Yep that was super impressive
+1 to this
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
KingDynamite
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by KingDynamite »

Love that footage of JT trying to tackle Cotric
FROG
Brett Mullins

Post by FROG »

Thought Knight had his best performance in green. Beginning to understand the hype for this kid. Hope he gets plenty of game time for the rest of this year.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

What did you think of Knight Frog?
Chicka Chicka Chicka
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Chicka Chicka Chicka »

Lovely to run over the top of a team at the end for a great win. Nice. Kudos to Sezer, Williams and Hodgson for their direction, Papa was immense.
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

Anyone seen alphabet?
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

Knight was very good
Great to see him get some time

He’s the kind of player that works his way into the job rather than an explosive type... needs minutes, tonight he got some and didn’t let anyone down

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
yurithe1
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by yurithe1 »

I've had to contain myself before posting.

However, **** YOU NRL administration and the miserable foul-mouthed abomination that got posted to Canberra from FNQ and bitched about the place in front of me and their former CO. Guess what? He couldn't remember them and admitted he regretted starting up conversation with them the I asked who that was. Burn in Hell or be posted to the Middle East again, LMFAO.
Some people talk about the weather. Others do something about it.

MEMBER NO.: 4500 (before they changed the numbering system).
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Seiffert82 wrote:When was the last time we conceded zero dropouts to the Cowboys? 1976?
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Johno wrote: July 14, 2018, 10:02 pm Anyone seen alphabet?
Nowhere to be seen of course! :lol:
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Billy Walker wrote:I'm a Havilli fan but not sure we are getting value using him like we did tonight. Maybe an impact utility to the bench?
More impact than Knight, same as Bateman in less minutes.

Bit harsh
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

-TW- wrote: July 14, 2018, 10:21 pm
Billy Walker wrote:I'm a Havilli fan but not sure we are getting value using him like we did tonight. Maybe an impact utility to the bench?
More impact than Knight, same as Bateman in less minutes.

Bit harsh
Not being harsh on Havilli - just not sure Ricky used him well. Maybe I need to look at it a bit more closely.
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

yurithe1 wrote: July 14, 2018, 10:09 pm I've had to contain myself before posting.

However, **** YOU NRL administration and the miserable foul-mouthed abomination that got posted to Canberra from FNQ and bitched about the place in front of me and their former CO. Guess what? He couldn't remember them and admitted he regretted starting up conversation with them the I asked who that was. Burn in Hell or be posted to the Middle East again, LMFAO.
🤷🏻‍♂️ anyone else confused as to what this means?
Up The Milk
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

I was eagerly awaiting Greengirls post game wrap but clearly she's gone one cosmo too many and that can't end well...
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

I’m a fan of using Havilli at lock but defensively he was inferior to both Knight and Bateman.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Mickey_Raider wrote: July 14, 2018, 10:28 pm
yurithe1 wrote: July 14, 2018, 10:09 pm I've had to contain myself before posting.

I was disappointed we didn't get the non-contained version. There is some good passion there ... about...something?
dreaming09
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sami Sauiluma

Post by dreaming09 »

Was that Shannon Boyds little one he was holding in the doorway when the boys where in the dressing room ?
''It's probably the greatest collection of brain explosions ever been created in a game of first-grade football,'' McIntyre said.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

Great completion rate, lots of results from kicks for once (for tries and in general play). It's almost like we played controlled football!

Cotric might not have scored but his goal line defence was exceptional, I was really impressed.

Abbey hasn't done anything wrong but i'd be reluctant to move Cotric even if he is our best option at left centre. The commitment that Austin is showing this past fortnight, i'm inclined to name him at left centre and roll with it.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

dreaming09 wrote: July 14, 2018, 10:32 pm Was that Shannon Boyds little one he was holding in the doorway when the boys where in the dressing room ?
Ouch - that sounds painful!
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Billy Walker wrote:
Mickey_Raider wrote: July 14, 2018, 10:28 pm

I was disappointed we didn't get the non-contained version. There is some good passion there ... about...something?
a lot more stars I'm guessing

Also can't decode, maybe it's the beer talking ellaahshsaoqeha
kona_dream
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by kona_dream »

It was getting really annoying how they kept saying the raiders are still in the hunt for finals if the Warriors fall over. The broncos are in the exact same position as the warrior and are just as likely to stuff it up.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

kona_dream wrote:It was getting really annoying how they kept saying the raiders are still in the hunt for finals if the Warriors fall over. The broncos are in the exact same position as the warrior and are just as likely to stuff it up.
The warriors do it annually..
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Was refreshing not to have the standard BJ brain explosion penalties tonight and he made a few solid runs out of our half. I want more from him though. He is such a strong carry I want to see him more involved in every other set.
Westsydneyraider
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Westsydneyraider »

Great game by the lads
Cotric is a better fullback then wighton
Wighton is a better centre the croker...
Oldfield was awesome
As was knight.
Good to see we have some depth in the squad.
Huuuuuuge game next week !!
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

I just want to know who the **** was responsible for leaving Croker out there.

It was painfully clear at the ground that he was not right, it was like a ticking time bomb I don't care if he wanted to stay on, he should have been taken off as soon as that happened.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

MATCH REPORT: Canberra Raiders thrash North Queensland Cowboys in dominant display

A second half masterclass has seen the Raiders enjoy a comfortable 38-12 win over the North Queensland Cowboys at GIO Stadium on Saturday night.

A hat-trick to winger Michael Oldfield was enough to give the Raiders back-to-back victories on a cold night in Canberra.

The Raiders scored 24 unanswered points in the second half as the short kicking game from halves Sam Williams and Aidan Sezer proved too much for the Cowboys.

Raiders 38 (Tries: Oldfield 3, Rapana 2, Austin, Sezer Goals: Croker 0/1, Sezer 5/6) def Cowboys 12 (Tries: Coote, Cooper Goals: Thurston 2/2)

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/07 ... t-display/

Oldfield snares hat-trick as Raiders beat Cowboys: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/14/mic ... d-cowboys/

Raiders press conference: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/14/stu ... s-back-up/

Match Highlights: Raiders v Cowboys – Round 18, 2018: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/14/mat ... d-18-2018/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL: Michael Oldfield hat-trick helps Canberra Raiders blow North Queensland Cowboys away

A Michael Oldfield hat-trick has kept the Canberra Raiders' finals hopes alive with a 38-12 victory over the North Queensland Cowboys at Canberra Stadium on Saturday night.

But it could come at a big cost with captain Jarrod Croker dislocating his knee cap and going off in the first half. Oldfield's treble was almost matched by Jordan Rapana's brace in the Kiwi international's return from a hamstring injury.

CANBERRA RAIDERS 38 (Michael Oldfield 3, Jordan Rapana 2, Blake Austin, Aidan Sezer tries; Aidan Sezer 5 goals) bt NORTH QUEENSLAND COWBOYS 12 (Lachlan Coote, Gavin Cooper tries; Johnathan Thurston 2 goals) at Canberra Stadium. Referees: Henry Perenara, Liam Kennedy. Crowds: 11,471.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zrhv.html

How do the Raiders fill Jarrod Croker's headgear? https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zrii.html
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

Schifty wrote: July 14, 2018, 11:00 pm I just want to know who the **** was responsible for leaving Croker out there.

It was painfully clear at the ground that he was not right, it was like a ticking time bomb I don't care if he wanted to stay on, he should have been taken off as soon as that happened.
I thought the exact same thing. Even if he burnt an interchange we had to bring him off immediately and have a good look at what was going on, then put him through a series of tests. It's not worth blowing his knee entirely at this point in time.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

Woodgers wrote:
Schifty wrote: July 14, 2018, 11:00 pm I just want to know who the **** was responsible for leaving Croker out there.

I thought the exact same thing. Even if he burnt an interchange we had to bring him off immediately and have a good look at what was going on, then put him through a series of tests. It's not worth blowing his knee entirely at this point in time.
Not only that, but to know he wasn’t right, and still put through a Grubber and a Bomb for him and expect him to be all over it
Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

dubby wrote: July 14, 2018, 9:35 pm 91.9% completions and a goal line D that was much better.

Red raider might be happy!
I'm very happy, particularly with the D, Dubs. Cotric at fullback put his body on the line to save tries, but so did BJ, Havili and Sezer. Papa was immense. Three days after Origin he produces a running game like that as well as the smashing tackle on Coote. Oldfield was solid in defence but also dynamic in attack. Three tries was a great reward for him. Austin played well and was given a ring side seat in Game Management by Sam, Sezer and Hodgo. Knight showed good form. Rapa showed his class in attack. He also kicked off following the Cowboys second try.

The only real negative for me from a football point of view was when Rapa and EW didn't call for the ball on a Cowboys kick off and the ball bounced into touch. The Raiders then could not defend the error. Poor from the Raiders not to call for a ball kicked off.

The biggest negative was seeing Crokers knee so unstable.

Sharks to play at Shark Park next week. Here's hoping our D shows the same commitment as tonight. The likes of Papa and Knight make great metres. The completions are again high and the kicking games of our three tactical kickers is a repeat of what we saw tonight along with the kick chase. A professional football team producing a professional performance in the face of the inevitable scragging in tackles and hold downs we will face.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

One more thing, I liked when Hodgo spoke to each of the players at half time. It looked very clear his message was to focus. They did so by scoring 24 unanswered points.
Rickmando
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by Rickmando »

RedRaider wrote: July 14, 2018, 11:45 pm One more thing, I liked when Hodgo spoke to each of the players at half time. It looked very clear his message was to focus. They did so by scoring 24 unanswered points.
Good shout Red. Clearly more motivated by that than whatever they’ve had in the sheds lately at HT
Raidernation
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Stuart

Post by Raidernation »

Good win but it was a poor cowboys side. Controlled the game well but still annoys me when BJ slides when teams attack the right edge and we give up 20-30m each play. Good teams just play wide take the meters on offer and get a quick play the ball. Rapana showed tonight he wants the fullback spot and I think he would offer more than cotric. Might be time to see cotric play in his best position of right centre.

Great chance to try this backline out next week against a good sharkies side.

1- Rapana
2- Oldfield
3- Austin
4- Cotric
5- BJ
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Seiffert82 wrote: July 14, 2018, 9:28 pm Ok, we got this now.

Cotric to centre next week. Who goes to FB? Is Abbey available?
Wont happen but I'd go Rapana