Total votes: 11

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: 2018 Rd 17 V Bulldogs: Game Day

Post by Billy Walker »

Ultima wrote: July 7, 2018, 9:52 pm
Billy Walker wrote: July 7, 2018, 9:43 pm
Ultima wrote: July 7, 2018, 8:32 pm So is our bench strategy, which again Stuart seems to work out on Tuesday and never adjust to the situation of the game, to put Austin on in the last 20, the time when he is a proven **** option? If he does that mean Stuart could finally rightfully get some **** in the media? It's like they all know him personally and let the fact he is a nice person get in the way of them rightfully giving him **** for doing INSANE things like not playing someone for an entire game where you were falling apart in the second half (Knight last week).
How did this work out Ultima?
Hey Austin did surprise me, he still took the wrong half off to put him on and his use of Knight was pathetic.
I think Austin surprised Austin- just stirring you - nobody saw that coming! Agree Knight's rotations were odd
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Mickey_Raider wrote: July 7, 2018, 9:41 pm I left the stadium grumbling all the way to Belmore and at the station found out we won 😂
You should know better than this! Unless we're down by 50, this is a rookie move.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Congratulations you magnificent Bulldogs bastards, you out-Raidered us.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Ultima wrote: July 7, 2018, 9:52 pm
1992 wrote: July 7, 2018, 9:51 pm That strip from Havilli. Legend.
Agreed, he has done a few this year now I think.
He's been very good as a middle forward. Great player to have in your squad.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I have a theory. My theory is that the Raiders are actually far and away the best team in the comp who can score at will at any moment. But what they’ve realised is that they can become fabulously wealthy by setting up impossible scenarios and gambling on the outcomes...

It’s surely the only theory that fits the evidence this year!
Ultima
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Croker

Post by Ultima »

gangrenous wrote: July 7, 2018, 9:53 pm Get ready for Ricky to shove some master strategy in y’all faces ImageImageImage
A master strategy wouldn't have had us losing a game by 14 points with 5 minutes to go though.

Granted I do like the calls that we are planning on reserve Raidering everything from now on, although I'm not sure my heart can take it.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

GreenGirl wrote: July 7, 2018, 9:54 pm I preface this post with having drunk 4 cosmopolitan’s tonight. Since we won this means I need to do this next game as well.

My thoughts:

• Paulo looks skinny
• BJ did his usual brain farts then triumphed - I feel conflicted
• Austin coming off the bench? Genius? Or dumb luck? However he owed us from last week. Maybe he’ll play fullback next week? Hope Abbey is okay.
• I can’t believe we won.
• Too many mistakes from Whitehead tonight and he needs to shave that beard off.
• Looks like the new strategy is not playing for 70 minutes, then playing for 10? Opposite to the usual.
• I can’t believe we won and Austin was why.
• Boyd gone with calf I just means Gubb back in?

GreenGirl out.
I got a chuckle out of that GreenGirl - it was a very Raiders like post. You started strong but faded badly and lost interest towards the end. Can someone check the Raiders don't have Cosmopolitans in the drink bottles...
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

gergreg wrote: July 7, 2018, 9:55 pm Congratulations you magnificent Bulldogs bastards, you out-Raidered us.
Imagine the meltdown on this place if we'd done that again. :lol:
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Sun Coast Raider
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Sun Coast Raider »

Begbie wrote: July 7, 2018, 9:36 pm
Billy Walker wrote: July 7, 2018, 9:34 pm
RTW wrote: July 7, 2018, 9:33 pm Jeez I can’t get behind a bloke like Leilua.
I agree he is a tool and an embarrassment
I don't think he's totally with it mentally. Lot of growing up to do.
Imagine carrying on like that after the game he had. He really is a pea heart when things don't go his way. Classy guy - always hated the fact we signed EDIT
irvste
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by irvste »

What
The
Actual
Edit
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Anyway I am going to enjoy this and then normal transmission will resume next week when we blow a 10 point lead with 4 to go against the Cowboys in minus 3 conditions.
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

I’m normally an optimist and now might not be the time but I just can’t help thinking that win does more harm then good.

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Sun Coast Raider wrote: July 7, 2018, 9:59 pm
Imagine carrying on like that after the game he had. He really is a pea heart when things don't go his way. Classy guy - always hated the fact we signed that sack of ****.
Yep move him on
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

Gotta give Lui a wrap. Only prop who had a go all night, especially when we needed a hit up.

But I really only have one thing to say (and maybe I can after a win)!!!!

That was one of the most incompetent refereeing performances I have ever ever seen.

The number of clear forward passes they let go and the scrappiness in the ruck was woeful.

They Penalised Sezer late in the game for being a metre offside on the line, but let other offsides go, totally miss markers from both sides who were clearly not square, markers making tackles who were floating between the ruck and the defensive line and also Lewis clearly elbowed the ball out of the way when lying on the ground before BJs inability to just let that bad call go.

Surely the referees boss would be unhappy with the refs and particularly the touchies who are meant to be watching for forward passes, particularly some of the shockers from Lichia at dummy half that were forward straight out of his hands.

The forward passes actually called followed a forward pass just before it. Maybe it took one forward pass to make them watch for another.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

gangrenous wrote: July 7, 2018, 9:58 pm I have a theory. My theory is that the Raiders are actually far and away the best team in the comp who can score at will at any moment. But what they’ve realised is that they can become fabulously wealthy by setting up impossible scenarios and gambling on the outcomes...

It’s surely the only theory that fits the evidence this year! ImageImageImage
I think you have finally cracked it..

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

RTW wrote: July 7, 2018, 9:59 pm I’m normally an optimist and now might not be the time but I just can’t help thinking that win does more harm then good.
I'm struggling to get excited about it. It was in insipid performance for 75 minutes
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

The thing thats sticks out in this game is, the raiders had given up on their season, all game up untill the last 7 mins they just couldnt give a **** and it showed, its just sad they only clicked on at the very end and that stupid milk BJ did that back fired could of made it easier but he was stupid.

They showed that last 7 mins what they could do and it coincided with blake coming on and his running game. I cant stand his stupid mistakes and half **** attempts but we need him in the team some where and the boys need a strong kick up the **** and Im hoping this win doesnt disguise what is a poor and weak game.

We really need a running 5/8 that can defend, we cant play with a kicking 5/7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

RTW wrote: July 7, 2018, 9:59 pm I’m normally an optimist and now might not be the time but I just can’t help thinking that win does more harm then good.
Glad I'm not the only one thinking that.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

I really want to be happy after that win, but I just can't! 😄
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Elcaptcroker wrote: July 7, 2018, 10:02 pm The thing thats sticks out in this game is, the raiders had given up on their season, all game up untill the last 7 mins they just couldnt give a **** and it showed, its just sad they only clicked on at the very end and that stupid milk BJ did that back fired could of made it easier but he was stupid.

They showed that last 7 mins what they could do and it coincided with blake coming on and his running game. I cant stand his stupid mistakes and half **** attempts but we need him in the team some where and the boys need a strong kick up the **** and Im hoping this win doesnt disguise what is a poor and weak game.

We really need a running 5/8 that can defend, we cant play with a kicking 5/7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It shows how much the Bulldogs actually suck.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

raiderskater wrote:
I am also on this bus. The worst part was the the win all came from an amalgamation of terrible components that cause most of the problems in the first place:
Austin
Tapine
BJ
Ricky’s bench use

Ricky will think he’s doing all the right things again ImageImage
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

**** this thread is absolute gold from page 11 onwards :lol: :lol: :lol:
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

raiderskater wrote: July 7, 2018, 10:02 pm
I'm normally Cynical AF but can also confirm I'm also thinking this.
Ultima
Laurie Daley

Post by Ultima »

That sucks:

"A lifting tackle by Joseph Tapine on Michael Lichaa saw him placed on report; just two games back from a two-game ban and with 85 carry-over points still hanging over him as well as three previous charges (including one for an identical offence), even a grade one charge would see him miss a minimum of two games."

Two weeks off if he get charged at all :(
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Billy Walker wrote: July 7, 2018, 10:00 pm
Sun Coast Raider wrote: July 7, 2018, 9:59 pm
Imagine carrying on like that after the game he had. He really is a pea heart when things don't go his way. Classy guy - always hated the fact we signed that sack of ****.
Yep move him on
:shock:
Sterlk
David Furner

Post by Sterlk »

Well that game was definitely something.

Blake Austin looking quite unhappy in the post-match Fox interview.
Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

Pete Cash wrote: July 7, 2018, 9:37 pm Austin would probably make a good fullback just as an aside.
Raiders VS cowboys
1. Austin/Wighton
twistedbydesign
Simon Woolford

Post by twistedbydesign »

We're an absolute mess, can't believe we managed to win that :lol:

Great cameo from Blake, though to be honest we looked like scoring every time we went left all night. Thought Croker had a great game too.

I guess we got the complete BJ Leilua performance tonight - stupid errors, missed tackles and dumb penalties all mixed in with a bit of brilliance and a lot of arrogance. Entertaining though it may be, over any sustained period of time he'll lose you more games than he'll win. It's been the case his entire career and it will require a far better coach than ours to change it.
GreenGirl
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Bradley Clyde

Post by GreenGirl »

Billy Walker wrote: July 7, 2018, 9:58 pm
GreenGirl wrote: July 7, 2018, 9:54 pm I preface this post with having drunk 4 cosmopolitan’s tonight. Since we won this means I need to do this next game as well.

My thoughts:

• Paulo looks skinny
• BJ did his usual brain farts then triumphed - I feel conflicted
• Austin coming off the bench? Genius? Or dumb luck? However he owed us from last week. Maybe he’ll play fullback next week? Hope Abbey is okay.
• I can’t believe we won.
• Too many mistakes from Whitehead tonight and he needs to shave that beard off.
• Looks like the new strategy is not playing for 70 minutes, then playing for 10? Opposite to the usual.
• I can’t believe we won and Austin was why.
• Boyd gone with calf I just means Gubb back in?

GreenGirl out.
I got a chuckle out of that GreenGirl - it was a very Raiders like post. You started strong but faded badly and lost interest towards the end. Can someone check the Raiders don't have Cosmopolitans in the drink bottles...
Glad to be of service. More next week. I guess you read it all though so can’t have lost too much interest 😝. Cosmos for life!
pacman
Jason Croker

Post by pacman »

I think he was just pissed off that it took Ricky 66 minutes to put him on. Great impact and great performance. Doesn't forgive last week though.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Matt wrote:That doesnt happen to us
Well, I mean we're THERE, but just normally watching from the other side of the field

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Crusader
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Crusader »

im sorry i never wanna see williams play in a raiders jersey ever again, im down for rookie
Ultima
Laurie Daley

Post by Ultima »

pacman wrote: July 7, 2018, 10:10 pm I think he was just pissed off that it took Ricky 66 minutes to put him on. Great impact and great performance. Doesn't forgive last week though.
I think it's more that no one wants to sign him for next year. I think someone has to have a long hard chat to him and tell him he is a specialist bench player, not a starting 5/8. He might not want to hear that but being a specialist bench player for a NRL club is still better than being a starting 5/8 in the ESL or reserve grade.
KingDynamite
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by KingDynamite »

Sterlk wrote:Well that game was definitely something.

Yeah I didn’t like the interview. Much like his on field body language it’s not a good look.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

KingDynamite wrote:
Sterlk wrote:Well that game was definitely something.

Yeah I didn’t like the interview. Much like his on field body language it’s not a good look.
He’s wrapping up a contract at a place that no longer wants him, and he probably no longer wants to be at. Give him a break.