Bulldogs 13+
27%

Total votes: 11

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Re: 2018 Rd 17 V Bulldogs: Game Day

Post by Billy Walker »

Glad to be of service. More next week. I guess you read it all though so can’t have lost too much interest 😝. Cosmos for life!

I read it all - I was saying you started off strong but you seemed to lose interest towards the end when the cosmos kicked in. It had a feel of.."and there's other stuff too but whatever"...
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

Seiffert82 wrote:
Elcaptcroker wrote: July 7, 2018, 10:02 pm The thing thats sticks out in this game is, the raiders had given up on their season, all game up untill the last 7 mins they just couldnt give a **** and it showed, its just sad they only clicked on at the very end and that stupid milk BJ did that back fired could of made it easier but he was stupid.

They showed that last 7 mins what they could do and it coincided with blake coming on and his running game. I cant stand his stupid mistakes and half **** attempts but we need him in the team some where and the boys need a strong kick up the **** and Im hoping this win doesnt disguise what is a poor and weak game.

We really need a running 5/8 that can defend, we cant play with a kicking 5/7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It shows how much the Bulldogs actually suck.
Those 2 or 3 slowing down penaltied that the bulldogs gave to us at the end is what got us going, it was like they decided that that was to offensive to them and they had to shove it in the bulldogs faces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

Dean Pay doesn't strike me as the most dynamic coach
GreenGirl
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Bradley Clyde

Post by GreenGirl »

Billy Walker wrote: July 7, 2018, 10:19 pm Glad to be of service. More next week. I guess you read it all though so can’t have lost too much interest 😝. Cosmos for life!
I read it all - I was saying you started off strong but you seemed to lose interest towards the end when the cosmos kicked in. It had a feel of.."and there's other stuff too but whatever"...

It felt like all the other weeks until the last 10 minutes when I was jumping up and screaming at the TV 😀
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Billy Walker wrote:Dean Pay doesn't strike me as the most dynamic coach
1 bloke scored 85% of their points, none of which game from any form of clinical set plays

Unless the opposition doesn't bother to show up, they aren't scoring points
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

In Pay's defence he inherited a dumpster fire 15x bigger than the one Ricky did.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

-TW- wrote: July 7, 2018, 10:26 pm
Billy Walker wrote:Dean Pay doesn't strike me as the most dynamic coach
1 bloke scored 85% of their points, none of which game from any form of clinical set plays

Unless the opposition doesn't bother to show up, they aren't scoring points
When he spoke after half time you got the sense he rather be home watching Mid Summer Murders on the ABC
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley

Post by Billy Walker »

GreenGirl wrote: July 7, 2018, 10:26 pm
Billy Walker wrote: July 7, 2018, 10:19 pm Glad to be of service. More next week. I guess you read it all though so can’t have lost too much interest 😝. Cosmos for life!
It felt like all the other weeks until the last 10 minutes when I was jumping up and screaming at the TV 😀

I think you should drink more cosmo and keep posting!
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Night all. I’ve got a job ahead of me in the morning convincing myself that what I saw was real...
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

gangrenous wrote: July 7, 2018, 10:33 pm Night all. I’ve got a job ahead of me in the morning convincing myself that what I saw was real...
:lol: good luck with that!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Greenhouse wrote: July 7, 2018, 9:17 pm 72nd min Raiders penalised for being off side in the red zone. Bulldogs going for goal.

PENALTY GOAL BULLDOGS to Martin. And that’s definitely the match now... and Canberra must now win every remaining game in the season.

Bulldogs 28-14
What muppet posted this?!
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I seen it, but I don't believe it. Always happy to collect 2 competition points. It keeps our slim hopes alive for season 2018. But it was a last gasp win against the side running 3rd last in the comp and against a Club that has been neutered due to poor administration. Where was this effort last week when it would have counted more for our season?

Injury to Abbey and Boyd. Suspension likely for Tapine. Paulo playing like he didn't want to be there. If he moves any slower he will earn the nickname 'Sundial'. I'll have to watch the highlights but I had the impression Sezer was involved in each of the last 3 tries.

On to the Cowboys at home next week. A weakened and depleted side up against the two JT's. Season on the line. Go Raiders.
nachopants
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by nachopants »

greeneyed wrote: July 7, 2018, 10:47 pm
The Greenhouse wrote: July 7, 2018, 9:17 pm 72nd min Raiders penalised for being off side in the red zone. Bulldogs going for goal.

PENALTY GOAL BULLDOGS to Martin. And that’s definitely the match now... and Canberra must now win every remaining game in the season.

Bulldogs 28-14
What muppet posted this?!
Just another fairweather fan :) <3
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL: Blake Austin inspires Canberra Raiders miracle win over Bulldogs

Blake Austin take a bow. Dropped to the bench, the Canberra Raiders five-eighth came on to inspire a miraculous Green Machine comeback. Normally it's the Raiders giving up leads, but they scored three converted tries in the last five minutes to beat the Canterbury Bulldogs 32-28 at Belmore on Saturday night.

Austin came off the bench with just 15 minutes to go, looking dangerous from his very first run - a line break.

CANBERRA RAIDERS 32 (Sam Williams, Jarrod Croker, Nick Cotric, Blake Austin, Joe Tapine, Joey Leilua tries; Jarrod Croker 4 goals) bt CANTERBURY BULLDOGS 28 (Rhyse Martin 3, Jeremy Marshall-King tries; Rhyse Martin 6 goals) bt at Belmore. Referees: Grant Atkins, Gavin Badger. Crowds: 10,145.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zpwi.html

Rhyse's record haul gone to Dogs as Raiders stage miracle comeback: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zq5p.html

What does Raiders coach Ricky Stuart do now? https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zq4n.html
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

RedRaider wrote: July 7, 2018, 10:49 pm I seen it, but I don't believe it. Always happy to collect 2 competition points. It keeps our slim hopes alive for season 2018. But it was a last gasp win against the side running 3rd last in the comp and against a Club that has been neutered due to poor administration. Where was this effort last week when it would have counted more for our season?

Injury to Abbey and Boyd. Suspension likely for Tapine. Paulo playing like he didn't want to be there. If he moves any slower he will earn the nickname 'Sundial'. I'll have to watch the highlights but I had the impression Sezer was involved in each of the last 3 tries.

On to the Cowboys at home next week. A weakened and depleted side up against the two JT's. Season on the line. Go Raiders.
This is the first post i've read tonight. I have no idea how you could produce a summary of the last 3 tries, and mention Sezer but not Austin. Apologies if you've posted earlier and I missed it.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins

Post by Boomercm »

gangrenous wrote: July 7, 2018, 10:18 pm
KingDynamite wrote:
Sterlk wrote:Well that game was definitely something.

Blake Austin looking quite unhappy in the post-match Fox interview.
Yeah I didn’t like the interview. Much like his on field body language it’s not a good look.
He’s wrapping up a contract at a place that no longer wants him, and he probably no longer wants to be at. Give him a break.
He clearly had a crack on the field. I was not a fan when he was picked on the bench, but he nailed it. If Stuart keeps him there, he is definitely worth 15 at the end of the first half, and the last 20. Losing an interchange is worth it.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins

Post by Boomercm »

gangrenous wrote: July 7, 2018, 10:18 pm
KingDynamite wrote:
Sterlk wrote:Well that game was definitely something.

Yeah I didn’t like the interview. Much like his on field body language it’s not a good look.
He’s wrapping up a contract at a place that no longer wants him, and he probably no longer wants to be at. Give him a break.
He clearly had a crack on the field. I was not a fan when he was picked on the bench, but he nailed it. If Stuart keeps him there, he is definitely worth 15 at the end of the first half, and the last 20. Losing an interchange is worth it.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins

Post by Boomercm »

yeh raiders wrote: July 7, 2018, 9:38 pm Amazing finish, BJ had to come up with redemption there.

Austin’s our new fullback.
the best game Austin ever played for the Tigers was at fullback. (Here's hoping Abbey is ok and Austin stays on the bench)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

MATCH REPORT: Canberra Raiders snatch victory at the death

A huge 24-point haul for Bulldogs back-rower Rhyse Martin was not enough for Canterbury as Canberra scored three tries in the last six minutes to seal a stunning 32-28 comeback win at Belmore Sportsground on Saturday night.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/07 ... the-death/

We've only got ourselves to blame: Pay laments what could have been: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/07/wev ... -dean-pay/
w3b3d1g1
David Shillington
Favourite Player: Ricky Stuart

Post by w3b3d1g1 »

We need to probably address the Sezer issue sooner rather than later.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Ricky Stuart “We were pathetic tonight” lol
gilby_gillard
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker, 2019 team

Post by gilby_gillard »

scrolling through this thread from page 11 onward makes for some funny reading now given the result :woot: (understandably too)

I know we've blown some games this year, but 14 points up with 6-7 mins to go? I don't think we've hit that level?
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

w3b3d1g1 wrote:We need to probably address the Sezer issue sooner rather than later.
hard to bag sezer, Hodgson kicks tackle 3 or 4 in the first set of the game, Williams kicks out on the full in our second set and then we go 70mins with 40% possession where sezer tries to keep us in the game with neat end of set kicks on the 2/3 sets we didn't drop the ball.

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Boomercm
Brett Mullins

Post by Boomercm »

edwahu wrote: July 7, 2018, 9:13 pm Did Knight really have one 9 minute stint?
yes. for 11 tackles and 8 runs for 80 meters. Good stint! Seems everyone that played for 15 mins or less went ok! Perhaps stuart is a genius
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Miracle man Blake Austin no certainty to return to Canberra Raiders starting side

Blake Austin is no certainty to return to Ricky Stuart's starting side for the round 18 clash with North Queensland.

"It will be interesting to see how young Brad is because that was a pretty bad HIA... And Rappa is a chance to be back next week," Stuart said. "So if he is back I might put him to the wing and Nick Cotric to fullback. That leaves the decision of either Blake goes back [into No.6] or he sits on the bench and he does the same job again.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/07/mir ... ting-side/

What does Raiders coach Ricky Stuart do now? https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zq4n.html
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Boomercm wrote:
yes. for 11 tackles and 8 runs for 80 meters. Good stint! Seems everyone that played for 15 mins or less went ok! Perhaps stuart is a genius
Knight played 22 all up, he came back on at the end
kris-ko
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: The Papasaurus

Post by kris-ko »

Belmore = Bizarro Bathurst.

If we only played Tigpies/Bulldogs on alternate weeks we'd have the minor premiership sewn up.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins

Post by Boomercm »

-TW- wrote: July 7, 2018, 11:43 pm
Boomercm wrote:
Knight played 22 all up, he came back on at the end
thanks!
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Sterlk wrote: July 7, 2018, 10:08 pm Well that game was definitely something.

From what I recall he is always downcast with the media. Didn't seem like anything out of the ordinary to me.
raider dos
Terry Campese

Post by raider dos »

Seriously though, Austin at fullback really does solve so many problems. Especially because he won't need to defend in the line. He can chime in on either side of the field. He can normally tackle quite well one on one and it frees up bench space with papali back next week.

This has to happen.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Schifty wrote: July 7, 2018, 10:06 pm
raiderskater wrote: July 7, 2018, 10:02 pm
RTW wrote: July 7, 2018, 9:59 pm I’m normally an optimist and now might not be the time but I just can’t help thinking that win does more harm then good.
Glad I'm not the only one thinking that.
I'm normally Cynical AF but can also confirm I'm also thinking this.
Lock me in on this train. Instead of BJ getting a dressing down for being an idiot for 75minutes and being schooled by a young second rower who beat him for 3 tries, he walks around today vindicated. Instead of Sticky getting smashed for his terrible bench use again, Austin had one of his ‘1 in 10’ good performances and he is vindicated for interchanging halves (****) and switching Sezer/Williams/Austin defensive sides (none of the 3 had spent any game time on those defensive sides in the last few months...). Austin came on at a time when the Dogs had no possession or momentum, so his very obvious defensive failings were never tested. Croker was being hailed as a natural leader on the telecast, and if it was not for BJs last minute try, we would have lost by 2 points, after Croker had missed 2 conversions he would usually get, but his obvious lack of any form of confidence meant he shanked one, and ended up slipping in his **** for the second.

That was an absolutely terrible performance, with a lack of any type of effort for 75 minutes. The first 20 minutes we were averaging 40m per set, the dogs missing Klemmer averaged 70. The only time we looked dangerous was when a few players obviously threw the game plan out the window. Which speaks volumes about the game plan and the players confidence in it.
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Who the **** is Rhyse Martin by the way?! :lol:

Our forward pack. Dead set.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

raider dos wrote: July 8, 2018, 1:20 am Seriously though, Austin at fullback really does solve so many problems. Especially because he won't need to defend in the line. He can chime in on either side of the field. He can normally tackle quite well one on one and it frees up bench space with papali back next week.

This has to happen.

Here comes one of those posts that could easily pop up to embarrass me down the track .... But I have absolutely no interest in seeing Austin at fullback. His defensive positioning at 5/8 is already hovering in the comedy zone, and it's a hell of a lot harder to know where to stand in the #1 than the #6 (Wighton still makes it look largely random four seasons into the role).

Rapana is a chance to be back. Swap Oldfield onto Cotric's wing and give our 19 year old superstar a go at the back. May as well invest in the future at this point.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I don't know what to make of that...

We have serious issues.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas