27%
Bulldogs 13+
20%

Total votes: 15

BJ
Steve Walters

Re: 2018 Rd 17 V Bulldogs: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by BJ »

Rick wrote:How did Jack go with sentencing today?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Judge Roy Bean reached a verdict and gave the following sentence “Hang him from the neck, until he is dead”.

Shout out to Get This fans and the thugs in the scallop industry, only you will know what I’m talking about.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Matt, I agree with most of what you wrote except for the part about Austin's cover defence. As an example I will use the Bronco's first try. Austin went straight over the top of the Bronco to allow the try.

We have every footy reason to enjoy watching Hodgo. But what about his honesty in the above article.

"I think he'll go really well. It was obvious for everybody to see that we had some issues on the right edge on the weekend when the Broncos targeted us there," Hodgson said.

"Sammy's just a really composed head. He's very talkative and I think that'll really help our defensive systems. He's been around a while, Sammy, and he knows the score.

"He's got to come in and do his job, nothing too flash, just get us around the park, get us talking and on that right edge making sure we're firming up and everyone's doing their own job."

Talking straight is Hodgo.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders Sam Williams backs Green Machine to kick-start into gear

They've had the red pen put through their chances of making the finals by most pundits, but halfback Sam Williams says as long as there is a chance, the Raiders know they can shock the rest of the NRL.

"Sometimes it makes it a little bit easier knowing we've got to win the game and every player on that field is going to be doing everything he can to win the game," Williams said. "The ball's still in our court, we can still make the finals and we're still planning on doing that, so this week is the start of a big run and hopefully we can finish in that top eight."

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/04/sam ... st-finish/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Family man Sia Soliola happy to be Canberra Raiders pack's father figure

His off-field family and his football one were the biggest reasons why Sia Soliola shunned offers from overseas to stay in Canberra for another two seasons.

"As sad as it is to see [Shannon] Boydy and Junior [Paulo] go, I really have faith in the young guys they are going to bring in," Soliola said. "[Liam] Knighty's played some pretty good football when he's been on the field, Luke Bateman's starting to get into the fold where he's going to be one of the new senior players.

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/03/fam ... er-figure/

Video: Soliola delighted to remain in Canberra: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/04/sol ... -canberra/
Green thumbs
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Green thumbs »

greeneyed wrote: July 5, 2018, 3:54 am Canberra Raiders Sam Williams backs Green Machine to kick-start into gear

They've had the red pen put through their chances of making the finals by most pundits, but halfback Sam Williams says as long as there is a chance, the Raiders know they can shock the rest of the NRL.

"Sometimes it makes it a little bit easier knowing we've got to win the game and every player on that field is going to be doing everything he can to win the game," Williams said. "The ball's still in our court, we can still make the finals and we're still planning on doing that, so this week is the start of a big run and hopefully we can finish in that top eight."

If only they would kick start their run into the finals in the first round!! It’s never too early to start winning.
And on another note, why cant every member of this team defend well. Surely they learn this from an early age, and it must be hammered into them at every level. Defence is something that can be taught. :nooo
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

Timbo wrote: July 4, 2018, 11:46 am This is 100% the time to be blooding Murchie.

Season over, weak opposition, won't be a lot of eyes or pressure on him. 25 minutes in the second half to taste first grade.

But no, Supercoach chooses to pick a player who's forgotten that he owns a set of shoulders off the bench to do **** knows what once he gets on.

Actually, blooding Murchie on the bench is probably a bad idea given how often he forgets he has a bench. Can you imagine being told it's your first grade debut only to ride the pine for 80 minutes when bossman gets so invested in his 13 hurtin' players that he actually forgets you exist?
You sure know our coach :roflmao
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023
woppadingo
Brett Mullins

Post by woppadingo »

greeneyed wrote: July 5, 2018, 3:54 am Canberra Raiders Sam Williams backs Green Machine to kick-start into gear

Parra have signed Blake Fergusson and jnr Paulo for 2019 so Im thinking Austin is far from a done deal. He may well end up exiled to the Super League.
Wherever he ends up he'll be earning less money.
Faider
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by Faider »

I'm happy to see Williams back in the squad. Every time we have gone on a good run he has been in the team. Does well placed kicks, gets try assists, and I don't think his defence is that bad. He got more try assists then both Austin and sezer in half the games. That's what I want from a half good kicking and setting up tries.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Green thumbs wrote: July 5, 2018, 8:46 am

If only they would kick start their run into the finals in the first round!! It’s never too early to start winning.
And on another note, why cant every member of this team defend well. Surely they learn this from an early age, and it must be hammered into them at every level. Defence is something that can be taught. :nooo
If defence can be taught Austin is a slow learner.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

Have people forgotten that Williams is a bad defender as well have people forgotten the first few games when Williams played ? Go back on GH everyone was bagging Williams because he can not tackle.
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

Green thumbs wrote:

It’s not that we don’t defend well...it comes down to playing the wrong defensive structure

The season is over as far as finals are concerned. Austin won’t be here next you Williams will. Regardless of def naive issues we gain nothing by playing Austin we potentially develop combinations if we can’t sign an alternative by playing Williams.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

InFernos_Raiders wrote: July 5, 2018, 5:24 pm Have people forgotten that Williams is a bad defender as well have people forgotten the first few games when Williams played ? Go back on GH everyone was bagging Williams because he can not tackle.
Greenhouse optimism, hoping Williams is the lesser of 2 evils. I’m on board too.

One can’t get in position to make a tackle, the other can’t make a tackle.

At the very least, being in position to make a tackle puts more pressure on the attack and against the Dogs we should be sweet.
Faider
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by Faider »

yeh raiders wrote: July 5, 2018, 5:31 pm
InFernos_Raiders wrote: July 5, 2018, 5:24 pm Have people forgotten that Williams is a bad defender as well have people forgotten the first few games when Williams played ? Go back on GH everyone was bagging Williams because he can not tackle.

Greenhouse optimism, hoping Williams is the lesser of 2 evils. I’m on board too.

At the very least, being in position to make a tackle puts more pressure on the attack and against the Dogs we should be sweet.
Williams has an 81% tackle efficiency. Not too bad. We lost most games by making errors in our own half and handing teams wins. I don't think Austin is the problem.sezer is too rocks and diamonds, but more often then not rocks. I'd rather Austin/Williams. My other concerns is us taking 2 points when we have teams on the ropes. Where almost the best attacking team in the comp. Go for try everytime imo.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Williams had to switch sides to accommodate Austin this year.

The fact is Austin's worst is really putrid. I don't think Williams has ever had a game as poor as some of Austin's bad games.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Well, Austin is playing crap. That's when you bring in your alternative and see how they go and evaluate. That's what most teams do within a week or three, not a month or three.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders nine lives as NRL history repeats

So you're saying there's a chance. It might be slim, it might be delusional, but if any team in the NRL could do it, history shows it's the Green Machine.

"Sometimes it makes it a little bit easier - we go out there knowing we've got to win the game. Every player on that field is going to do everything he can to win the game," Sam Williams said. "The ball's still in our court, we can still make the finals and we're still planning on doing that. This week's the start of hopefully a big run and we'll finish in that top eight."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zpg4.html
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

yeh raiders wrote: July 5, 2018, 5:31 pm

I don’t think it matters anyway our season was officaly over last week when we gave the Broncos the 2 points. We won’t make up 6 points and then hope the above teams lose enough games...I mean go on a big losing streak. It won’t happen. If we won last week we would be only 2 points one win out of the top 8 the loss made it 6 points.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

Boomercm wrote: July 4, 2018, 9:21 pm
edwahu wrote: July 4, 2018, 7:14 pm I noticed O'Hagan is named in both Flegg and Reserve grade. Perhaps that's a sign Austin is dropping back.

It wouldn't shock me if Ricky pulls out something like Abbey dropping back and Austin playing fullback though.
This post is cringeworthy. In a 'you could be right and it makes me feel a bit sick' sort of way. Where is the emoji for that?
The idea of Austin playing fullback should have died long before now.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Game Day Guide: Raiders v Bulldogs: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/07 ... -bulldogs/

NRL Match Preview: Raiders v Bulldogs: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/07 ... -bulldogs/

Video: Hodgson ready to help fire the green machine to victory: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/07 ... o-victory/

Bulldogs v Raiders - Round 17 - Zac Bailey and Matthew Elliott preview the Round 17 clash between the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs and Canberra Raiders: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/07 ... -bulldogs/
Junior
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Post by Junior »

Question....
What side will Sam Williams be defending on, right where Austin would normally be?

Does anyone remember when he was defending with Croker next to him? Good times had watching that.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

I hope Sam is next to BJ and Tapine, big bodies. I’m sure Sam will put himself in the right place in defence.
He looked really sharp in attack before his injury also.
Yap
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Dave Leave Nothing In The Tank Shillington

Post by Yap »

BJ wrote: July 4, 2018, 10:57 pm

Judge Roy Bean reached a verdict and gave the following sentence “Hang him from the neck, until he is dead”.

Shout out to Get This fans and the thugs in the scallop industry, only you will know what I’m talking about.
How come
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders captain Jarrod Croker speaks about the clash with the Canterbury Bulldogs

Raiders Captain Jarrod Croker has given his thoughts ahead of tomorrow's clash against the Bulldogs at Belmore Sports Ground.

"Belmore is obviously their spiritual home and no doubt they will be coming off the back fence against us," Croker said. "We know that we have to win almost all of our games but we have to look at this one way and take each game as it comes."

Video: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/07 ... inal-word/

2018 Valkyrie Luncheon - Get Your Tickets! East Lounge, GIO Stadium, Sunday 12 August Round 22 Canberra Raiders V Wests Tigers: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/07 ... r-tickets/

Gallery: Raiders Round 17 Captain's Run: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/07 ... tains-run/
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote: July 5, 2018, 8:50 pm Canberra Raiders nine lives as NRL history repeats

So you're saying there's a chance. It might be slim, it might be delusional, but if any team in the NRL could do it, history shows it's the Green Machine.

"Sometimes it makes it a little bit easier - we go out there knowing we've got to win the game. Every player on that field is going to do everything he can to win the game," Sam Williams said. "The ball's still in our court, we can still make the finals and we're still planning on doing that. This week's the start of hopefully a big run and we'll finish in that top eight."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zpg4.html
Yeah nice Sam...

But instead of needing to go on another end of season run just to make the finals how about we concentrate on not playing like muppets for the first 15 rounds each and every time.

We should comfortably be the top 4 right now..through this Origin period with the luxury of dropping the odd game and heaven forbid rest the odd player here and there...

But once again Raiders you've blown it...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

I was looking at the stats for last few times we made the semis and for the last 3 it's been on the back of a combined 26-4 run for the last 10 games. We really can string them together.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

No point kicking stones as Canberra Raiders eye revival

Raiders captain Jarrod Croker says the Green Machine can't afford to "kick stones" with their campaign almost reaching the sudden death checkpoint nine weeks early.

"We can’t sit there and kick stones, one thing we can’t do is sit there and sulk about it, we’ve got to move on. If we get ourselves in the position again we’ve got to do everything we can and do everything at our own cost to make sure it doesn't happen again.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zpus.html
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

What's Croker dribbling on about here ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders captain Jarrod Croker expects Bulldogs pups to pack plenty of bite

Canterbury showed last weekend in Newcastle they won't be pushovers despite their lowly status on the ladder and Canberra captain Jarrod Croker is wary of the young Bulldogs pups.

"They've got some young players in there now and everybody knows how dangerous a young and enthusiastic side can be. I thought Lachlan Lewis debuted really well last week, it was a big effort coming into a side that's had a bit of turmoil and a lot of player movement, so I thought he played really well."

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/07/06/jar ... a-raiders/
scotchberry
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Post by scotchberry »

I wouldn’t read much into Austin being on the bench this week, he is dropped and gone I would say.

I think with Ricky always liking a utility/hooker type player in the 14 he just ran out of options and Austin became last man standing.

If either one of Papalii, Bateman or Hingano available he wouldn’t be there.

Even if Wighton or Ropana were available he might of also being gone as correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t he play Oldfield off the bench once previously ?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

scotchberry wrote:I wouldn’t read much into Austin being on the bench this week, he is dropped and gone I would say.

I think with Ricky always liking a utility/hooker type player in the 14 he just ran out of options and Austin became last man standing.

Even if Wighton or Ropana were available he might of also being gone as correct me if I’m wrong but didn’t he play Oldfield off the bench once previously ?
His "debut" and he didn't play
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders spiritual leader Sia Soliola gives heart to the homeless

Every Monday morning Sia Soliola can be found feeding the homeless at the Canberra City Uniting Church early morning centre.

"Everyone has their views on them, but they're just normal people," Sia Soliola said. "The thing is there's no one common thing that's got them to where they are. Every story's different, that's the biggest eye opener for anybody because I reckon it can happen to anybody.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zpdp.html

Rookies may be silver lining to Bulldogs' awful season: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zq1p.html
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Big red

Post by Neeeegz »

What is this "spiritual leader " crap ?? Because he isn't doing his job there obviously.. And I'm getting really sick of Crokers dribble, who cares... You've blown another season pretending to be professional sports people... What a joke this place has become, its like they actually believe their own bull****. Amazing
Raider_Boy
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Pappa

Post by Raider_Boy »

BJ wrote: July 4, 2018, 10:57 pm

Gaylan from big brother says hi
Member #6381
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

scotchberry wrote: July 6, 2018, 6:01 pm I wouldn’t read much into Austin being on the bench this week, he is dropped and gone I would say.

Correct. This is likely the last we see of Blake.