11%
Broncos 13+
21%

Total votes: 19

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2018 Rd 16 V Broncos: Teams and Previews

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: We are only 100 away from reaching 20,000 members: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/06 ... 0-members/

VIDEO: Forever Green Weekend: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/06 ... n-weekend/

VIDEO: Raiders Visit Junior Clubs: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/06 ... ior-clubs/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Elliott Whitehead says Hodgson return could be catalyst for Canberra Raiders to make top eight

Elliott Whitehead says the successful return of Josh Hodgson from a knee reconstruction in last weekend's win against Wests Tigers could be the catalyst for Canberra to make the top eight.

"All credit to him, he has worked hard to get himself back to fitness. Josh is probably one of the most professional players I have ever met in my career and it was just good to see him back out there and especially playing so well. He will be a big addition for Canberra and will help us push for the top eight."

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/06/20/we- ... p-ranking/

VIDEO: Young Guns: Liam Knight

Andrew Johns praises Canberra Raiders young gun, Liam Knight.

Video: https://wwos.nine.com.au/videos/nrl/you ... t8ktt65o23
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

I like him

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Just needs to find a bit more mongrel.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

T_R wrote: June 20, 2018, 11:00 am
Pigman wrote: June 20, 2018, 10:51 am
Na, this has long been something i give the boss **** about. ;)
I just think its utterly ridiculous that GE insists on keeping this word filter.
Hasn't the bar opened up over there yet? Go hit a breakfast bloody mary.
I’ve been home for a week now, old boy
Much to my disappointment
:(
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Pigman wrote:
I just think its utterly ridiculous that GE insists on keeping this word filter.
No reason for not drinking at breakfast, though.

Looked like a great holiday.

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

T_R wrote: June 21, 2018, 6:10 am
Pigman wrote:
No reason for not drinking at breakfast, though.

Looked like a great holiday.

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Touché haha
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

greeneyed wrote: June 18, 2018, 9:36 pm It’s the correct name of the ground... and we advertise products when companies pay us to. :)
Fair call, I guess every stadium in the NRL has a sponsorship deal, except Leichardt and Campbelltown
jozzas
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Post by jozzas »

Why aren't we autocorrecting GIO to Bruce? Surely that's hallowed turf like Sumcorp?

Pigman, maybe more likely to get a result if you made this argument outside of Origin time :lol:
bleedgreen99
Brett Mullins

Post by bleedgreen99 »

RedRaider wrote: June 20, 2018, 2:22 pm
bleedgreen99 wrote: June 18, 2018, 4:34 pm
RedRaider wrote: June 18, 2018, 12:19 pm
Timbo wrote: June 18, 2018, 11:53 am If Sutton gets the whistle, we might as well concede the two points now.

There was a stat over on LU - the Broncos' have won something like the last 11 straight where he's the ref at Lang Park, and lost their last 8 straight where it's not him.

Given how badly we've been hammered by the refs this season, it could be rough if he's the ref.
If those stats check out then it's time for Sticky to have a word with the Ref boss. But do it now and not in the lead up to the match or worse at the post match presser.

There would be a number of other things Sticky could seek clarification on eg Boyd's 'No Try' ruling. Where was the clear evidence to overturn the on field refs decision?
I heard the bunker ref “misinterpreted” the on field ref and was adjudicating on no try. I don’t know how that happens, but apparently it did
It is incredible isn't it. The onfield ref goes through the action of making a 'T' and announces to the world that 'we have a try' and somehow that is 'misunderstood??' If ever Sticky wanted to go to the Refs boss with the majority of the Rugby League public at his side over an issue, this is it.

Imagine if this type of blooper decided a Grand Final??
It’s total carelessness. This type of blooper only seems to happen to us (and a few others) because from the top down they set an example of not giving a **** about some clubs while keeping max focus on others. Ash Klein wasn’t paying attention because that’s the general attitude at NRL HQ. He’ll face no punishment and be back daydreaming through our matches in no time
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

jozzas wrote: June 21, 2018, 11:39 am Why aren't we autocorrecting GIO to Bruce? Surely that's hallowed turf like Sumcorp?

Pigman, maybe more likely to get a result if you made this argument outside of Origin time :lol:
Makes a good point..... why isnt it done for all stadiums and not just suncorp stadium
Perth Based Raiders Fan
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

PerthRaider86 wrote:
jozzas wrote: June 21, 2018, 11:39 am Why aren't we autocorrecting GIO to Bruce? Surely that's hallowed turf like Sumcorp?

Pigman, maybe more likely to get a result if you made this argument outside of Origin time Image
Makes a good point..... why isnt it done for all stadiums and not just suncorp stadium
it's sorted, move on

Edrick The Entertainer
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Suncorp

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Warlord
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Garyyyy BELCHER

Post by Warlord »

So... How about next week's game? 😂

I heard people were meeting at the Lord Alfred or something, is that still a thing?
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

2018 Rd 16 V Broncos: Teams and Previews

Post by gangrenous »

Might not be such a bad thing to get Sutton for this. There’s been that much press about his bias he might overcompensate to prove a point...
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

greeneyed wrote: June 20, 2018, 5:13 pm Elliott Whitehead says Hodgson return could be catalyst for Canberra Raiders to make top eight

Elliott Whitehead says the successful return of Josh Hodgson from a knee reconstruction in last weekend's win against Wests Tigers could be the catalyst for Canberra to make the top eight.

"All credit to him, he has worked hard to get himself back to fitness. Josh is probably one of the most professional players I have ever met in my career and it was just good to see him back out there and especially playing so well. He will be a big addition for Canberra and will help us push for the top eight."

Ricky will probably drop him to make way for Paulo.

Personally, I want Knight to stay in the side. He seems like the kind of big, mobile forward who will thrive late in halves with an in form Hodgo running things.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders forward Sia Soliola braves big freeze lying down

Sia Soliola might be doing it tough on a frosty ACT night, but the Canberra Raider with the big heart knows he's got it easy.

"It's a bittersweet moment because everyone comes in and we all do it together for the cause, whereas you've got people who do it alone and you've got some families that do it pretty tough," Soliola said. "As enjoyable and as rough as it can be, it's a big realisation that people do this every single day."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zmwb.html
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Plz re-sign Soliola asap
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

And the Broncos have Matt Lodge.

Come on football gods. Shine on the good guys.
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

Green eyed Mick wrote: June 21, 2018, 7:04 pm
greeneyed wrote: June 20, 2018, 5:13 pm Elliott Whitehead says Hodgson return could be catalyst for Canberra Raiders to make top eight

Ricky will probably drop him to make way for Paulo.

Personally, I want Knight to stay in the side. He seems like the kind of big, mobile forward who will thrive late in halves with an in form Hodgo running things.
Yeah, I actually think there's really something to him.

He has massive wraps on him when he was younger, and he seems like the kind of rough diamond that we may have gotten for a song that becomes a very consistent regular first grader.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

Yea I like him too, big body but also seems to have a very good work rate(at least for Mounties) and his try against the Tigers showed he has a bit of footwork about him too, just needs consistent time in firs grade IMO
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: One on one with Nick Cotric: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/06 ... ck-cotric/

Raiders partner with Canberra Imaging Group: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/06 ... ing-group/
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

Hope he stays for a long time!!

Watching this interview and earlier watching the reunion makes me proud to follow this club.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders turn to Maroons camp to end Brisbane Broncos hoodoo

The Raiders will fly up to Sanctuary Cove on Tuesday for a four-day camp ahead of their season-defining clash against the Brisbane Broncos at Suncorp Stadium next Saturday.

"We know how tough it is up there in Brisbane. We're going to have to pack our overalls and get up there and try and get that win," Sia Soliola said. "It'll be the same mentality we have every week, but like in North Queensland. It's been a while since the Raiders have had a good outcome up there and had a win.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zmmi.html
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

I’m a fan of these mini camps. It helps us concentrate better.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Why didn't we call a press conference to announce this camp?
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Ricky Stuart confident Canberra Raiders Elliott Whitehead and Joe Tapine will back up from Denver Test

They'll have done a lap of the world, but Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart says "there's no way in the world" Elliott Whitehead and Joe Tapine will want to miss their season-defining clash against the Brisbane Broncos.

"If they return healthy, they won't do a lot of work next week, it will be more recovery and rehabilitation for them," Stuart said. "It'll be mainly to get over the flight straight after a game of football. Knowing both those players there's no way in the world they wouldn't want to play."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4znas.html
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders captain Jarrod Croker not surprised by Elliott Whitehead's performances

Jarrod Croker has praised the performances and consistency of Elliott Whitehead after the England international was named man of the match in England's win over New Zealand. "No one was surprised with Elliott's performance, he's even back in at Raiders HQ this morning which shows that he's back fit, healthy and ready to go again," Croker said.

Video: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/06 ... formances/
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Hope its warm up there, over the cold!

Vaccinated
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

It is warm cat, at least in the day time.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders hooker Josh Hodgson looking to hook in from the start against Brisbane Broncos

After his stunning return, Canberra Raiders captain Jarrod Croker knows star hooker Josh Hodgson will want to return to his starting role in the crucial Brisbane Broncos clash. While Croker wasn't sure whether the England rake would start or not, he knew what the 28-year-old would want.

" I'm not too sure, we haven't looked at that yet. I know what he'll want to do. He pulled up really well. He was the only one disappointed with the weekend off, he wanted to play again. He pulled up fine and he's jumping out of his skin to go again."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4znkv.html
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

England and Brisbane Broncos coach Wayne Bennett knows first hand what Canberra Raiders forward Elliott Whitehead will produce

Brisbane Broncos coach Wayne Bennett knows exactly what to expect from Elliott Whitehead after his man-of-the-match performance in the Denver Test. The Raiders have had some good and bad injury news ahead of their trip north, with Junior Paulo (foot) set for a possible return, while lock Luke Bateman (knee) will miss the next four weeks after surgery.

"We know we'll get that [from Whitehead]. The way Elliott played for England on the weekend was the amount of effort and how much he puts in for us every week," Croker said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4znin.html

VIDEO: Croker not surprised by Whitehead's performances: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/06 ... formances/

VIDEO: Oldfield excited for challenge ahead: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/06 ... nge-ahead/
Warlord
Gerry De La Cruz
Favourite Player: Garyyyy BELCHER

Post by Warlord »

I heard Havili is injured, any confirmation on that?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

No. Hingano is though.