Panthers 13+
36%

Total votes: 14

-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Re: 2018 Rd 14 V Panthers: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by -GD- »

Those Boyd and Austin articles are cringe af, like seriously what is happening at Raiders HQ?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Woodgers wrote:It's official, we're all being trolled. This is a parody of some kind. There is no other explanation for the quotes and happenings we get fed on a daily basis.
Makes sense, Austin is a parody of a first grader.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Oh it’s a Polky article too!

Are you lurking here today Polky? Can you shed some light as to what the hell is going on here? Could we put the question to Ricky Stuart that perhaps comments like these might provide some hints as to why Raiders have so much “bad luck” in close games.

Hire someone who can conceive a strategy and convey it to footballers please!
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

If we don't turn up and dead set give it to these guys on Friday we are absolutely joking ourselves.

Penrith are playing good footy, but we have every chance here, 2 days after Origin.
lars
Terry Campese

Post by lars »

Seiffert82 wrote: June 7, 2018, 7:41 am If we don't turn up and dead set give it to these guys on Friday we are absolutely joking ourselves.

Penrith are playing good footy, but we have every chance here, 2 days after Origin.
Agree. We need to play with discipline and start aggressive in defence so they don’t get the chance to work themselves into the match. If we give away penalties, drop the ball or play with our usual line speed the panthers backing up will start feeling comfortable.

If we score a couple of early tries we should win comfortably. That said, I have no faith we can pull it off. Panthers by 4.
jozzas
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Post by jozzas »

Surely Ricky's still shoving it in our faces and is puppeteering these articles? It's the only explanation that makes sense. That or our starting 5/8 doesn't know what game management is.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Maybe Blake is still stuck in the old days and is an old school footballer and is not up to date with the common NRL traits that currently are in fashion at the moment such as Game Management, The Spine, Split Halves etc.
In Ricky We Trust
BJ
Steve Walters

Post by BJ »

The only part that I can agree with Blake is that I think our team can confuse what Game Management actually means.

It’s not just kicking into touch when in front and trying to minimise mistakes.

Our game management when in front should be continuing to play the type of football that enables us to score points. We can’t simply defend a lead with safe play, but we can make it hard for the opposition to attack if they are under continual pressure in defence from our upbeat game play.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders forward Elliott Whitehead: Confidence is high after Manly win

Elliott Whitehead has claimed that confidence is high in the green machine squad after the round 12 21-20 win over the Sea Eagles. The England international has also praised the club's recent recruitment of fellow Englishman Ryan Sutton.

Video: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/06 ... manly-win/

Five Things: Raiders v Panthers: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/06 ... -panthers/

NRL Match Preview: Raiders v Panthers: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/06 ... -panthers/

Game Day Guide: Raiders v Panthers: Ashley Gilbert to blow the Viking Horn this week: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/06 ... -panthers/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders: The tip of the Nick Cotric iceberg

NRL rookie of the year and one injury away from making his State of Origin debut, but the thing is we've only seen the tip of the Nick Cotric iceberg.

“The thing about him is we haven't seen his bag of tricks yet. He's come into the team as a winger and he's doing everything he needs to to be a good winger. But coming through the grades he was the kid that kicked five 40-20s a game, so he's got a lot more in his kit bag,” Blake Austin said.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zif7.html
hobbsy
Glenn Lazarus

Post by hobbsy »

Five 40-20s a game hey, maybe we should switch him into Blake's spot?
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Hilarious. What is game management and Sezer had a 'sensational' game. Maybe I'm misinterpreting the context of that quote but Sezer was bloody awful. Aside from the last 5 or so minutes that was the worst he has played for the club.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Given we know the players repeat the messages from inside the camp, inside the video sessions, I’m concerned if the players are being told they just need a bit of luck.

Jack Gibson taught his teams this: Every team is lucky, but the best teams create their own luck.

It is the same with the officiating. Top teams NEVER blame the officiating. Teams have to be so good, the officiating makes no difference.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders captain Jarrod Croker expecting Penrith Panthers to have a case of the Blues

They're top of the NRL for a reason and having four NSW Blues buzzing from their big State of Origin win is only going to make the Penrith Panthers tougher.

“It doesn't get much harder than the top of the ladder does it," Croker said. "Those boys will be coming off after a win last night, the Origin players, they'll be buzzing. It just makes it a little bit tougher for us. It's a massive challenge."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zk0e.html

VIDEO: Round 14: Jarrod Croker: The Final Word: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/06 ... inal-word/

Gallery: Round 14 Captain's Run: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/06 ... tains-run/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders exclude Craig Garvey and Emre Guler from squad to face Penrith Panthers

Emre Guler and Craig Garvey have been excluded from the top squad, the night before kick off, while Jarome Luai, Caleb Aikins and Liam Martin have been excluded from the Panthers squad.

Canberra Raiders

1 Jack Wighton, 2 Nick Cotric, 3 Jarrod Croker (c), 4 Joseph Leilua, 5 Jordan Rapana, 6 Blake Austin, 7 Aidan Sezer, 8 Dunamis Lui, 9 Siliva Havili, 10 Shannon Boyd, 11 Iosia Soliola, 12 Elliott Whitehead, 13 Josh Papalii

14 Ata Hingano, 15 Luke Bateman, 16 Charlie Gubb, 17 Liam Knight

19 Michael Oldfield, 20 Jack Murchie

Penrith Panthers

1 Dallin Watene-Zelezniak, 2 Christian Crichton, 3 Tyrone Peachey, 4 Dean Whare, 5 Tyrone Phillips, 6 James Maloney (c), 7 Nathan Cleary, 8 Trent Merrin, 9 Sione Katoa, 10 Reagan Campbell-Gillard, 11 Corey Harawira-Naera, 12 Isaah Yeo, 13 James Fisher-Harris

14 Wayde Egan, 15 Kaide Ellis, 16 Viliame Kikau, 17 James Tamou

19 Tyrone May, 20 Thomas Eisenhuth, 21 Nick Lui-Toso
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

So Murchie a chance at his debut if Paps doesn’t back up.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

Griffin was on Fox News tonight, headline said ‘he won’t rush/risk his origin stars’ or something similar... I couldn’t hear the audio as I was at the pub. Anyone hear it?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

greeneyed wrote: June 7, 2018, 8:14 pm Given we know the players repeat the messages from inside the camp, inside the video sessions, I’m concerned if the players are being told they just need a bit of luck.

Jack Gibson taught his teams this: Every team is lucky, but the best teams create their own luck.

It is the same with the officiating. Top teams NEVER blame the officiating. Teams have to be so good, the officiating makes no difference.
Wasn't it the presser after the last Manly game where Stuart claimed many of the losses in the past 18 months were just down to bad luck? Man we're screwed. We have a fairly tough back end to the season so finals are unlikely. 1 finals appearance in 5 years isn't acceptable.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

We can and should beat the Panthers but......
Yap
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Dave Leave Nothing In The Tank Shillington

Post by Yap »

greeneyed wrote: June 5, 2018, 6:17 pm Shannon Boyd says Canberra Raiders 'can win the NRL title' before he leaves
I don't think he would pass a HIA test at the moment
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Dusty wrote:Griffin was on Fox News tonight, headline said ‘he won’t rush/risk his origin stars’ or something similar... I couldn’t hear the audio as I was at the pub. Anyone hear it?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
on the radio he said they have an obligation to the panthers but it's up to the medico's and players

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Finchy wrote: June 6, 2018, 5:04 pm
Sid wrote: June 6, 2018, 3:22 pm "I think it will be huge. Game management's a term that gets thrown around so often. What is game management?" Raiders five-eighth Blake Austin said.

oh dear
Haha. Only those who can't manage a game don't understand the concept of game management. It's like trying to explain the colour red to a blind person.
Crikey Blake, you are better off keeping your mouth shut and have people think you don't know what you are doing, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
scotchberry
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Post by scotchberry »

Yap wrote: June 8, 2018, 6:06 am
greeneyed wrote: June 5, 2018, 6:17 pm Shannon Boyd says Canberra Raiders 'can win the NRL title' before he leaves
I don't think he would pass a HIA test at the moment
:lol:

Shannon is in for a rude awakening next season when the Titans coach and captain give him a mouthful for lazy ruck penalties and poor defence.

There will not be any of the “the refs have it in for you mate” “it’s just bad luck the players ran straight past you mate to score” lines of leadership and communication.
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

RedRaider wrote: June 8, 2018, 10:18 am
Finchy wrote: June 6, 2018, 5:04 pm
Sid wrote: June 6, 2018, 3:22 pm "I think it will be huge. Game management's a term that gets thrown around so often. What is game management?" Raiders five-eighth Blake Austin said.

oh dear
Haha. Only those who can't manage a game don't understand the concept of game management. It's like trying to explain the colour red to a blind person.
Crikey Blake, you are better off keeping your mouth shut and have people think you don't know what you are doing, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
I can't believe he said that. Withdraw any offer that was on the table immediately