29%
Panthers 13+
36%

Total votes: 14

RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Re: 2018 Rd 14 V Panthers: Teams and Previews

Post by RedRaider »

So we only have Papa involved in Origin. I wish him well and a healthy return to the Raiders. Cotric will get his chance and this match is a perfect opportunity to again show his form. I think he is very mature and he will be facing the current competition leaders. Not that he needs any further motivation.

We have the opportunity to beat a side above us on the competition ladder. Something we have not achieved so far this year.
We need to win at least 8 from 12 remaining matches. I hope the Panthers match will be the first of those.
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

this is a must win!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Raiders Platinum Member event: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... ber-event/

Gallery: Platinum Member Event: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... ber-event/

Gallery: Around the grounds vs Sea Eagles: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... ea-eagles/

Round 12 Dance School: Muse Dance Company: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... e-company/
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Am I a platinum member ge?
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Is Platinum Member the title for the new Austin Powers 4 movie?
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gangrenous wrote: May 30, 2018, 12:20 pm Am I a platinum member ge?
If you bought a platinum membership, then yes.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Sheesh, money seems so arbitrary. Surely it should be something like you submit 6 ticket stubs for heartbreaking losses?

Of course we’d have to adjust for inflation. This year that’s just about every Raiders member...
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

I would have been crowned darts champion if I was platinum...doh.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Maybe if you’ve written 10 Raiders Haikus you could get 50% off platinum?
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gangrenous wrote:Maybe if you’ve written 10 Raiders Haikus you could get 50% off platinum? Image
They'd probably have to be, you know, good ones.

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

2018 Rd 14 V Panthers: Teams and Previews

Post by gangrenous »

Got to admit I thought you’d lead with the angle that technically I hadn’t written any Haikus at all
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

Funnily enough last year I was up at Del Rio "camping" at Wiseman's Ferry watching the Bathurst game with Russell and I think it's the first time he's been with me where I actually got drunk in front of him. Who can blame me?

We'll be up there this year for this game.
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Why Siliva Havili will be happy to lose his Canberra Raiders No. 9 jersey

Siliva Havili worked tirelessly to earn the Canberra Raiders No. 9 jersey, but he will be more than happy to release it to Josh Hodgson in the next six weeks.

“Hodgo is a real quality player and with what he brings to the team, we’re only going to get better," Havili said. "For myself, hopefully we get a good combination and hopefully we can work things out between minutes, how we play the team and what my role is going to be then.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zhon.html
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I needed to be dropped, admits Papalii

An honest Josh Papalii has admitted his first-grade axing at Canberra earlier this season was needed as he vows to make his biggest impact yet for the Queensland Maroons.

I've had a rough start to my season," Papalii said. "Getting dropped to NSW Cup wasn't easy but I think it was needed. Our team wasn't going too well at the time and I knew someone had to go back. Sticky thought it should be me. I copped it on the chin, found some form and I'm happy that I've come back and played some decent footy.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... s-papalii/

Over $16,000 raised for Kato Ottio Memorial fund through Indigenous jersey Auction: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... y-auction/

Video: Voice Against Violence - Former Canberra Raiders captain Alan Tongue: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... ---murgon/

Out and about: Harry Cleverdon: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... cleverdon/

Canberra Raiders at Cryospa Canberra: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... -canberra/
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

So he has time to jibber about the past but hasn't got time to chat about his done dealio future?

Righto..

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

jozzas
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Post by jozzas »

T_R wrote: May 30, 2018, 8:19 pm
gangrenous wrote:Maybe if you’ve written 10 Raiders Haikus you could get 50% off platinum? Image
They'd probably have to be, you know, good ones.

A haiku gauntlet
Capitulate like Raiders
Their finish also weak
jozzas
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Post by jozzas »

Email the office
Tell them to sack Ricky now
In return, merchandise

Edit: I'll stop now.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Raiders show support towards Channel 9 Gold Appeal: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/06 ... ld-appeal/

Coca-Cola sing to win: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/06 ... ng-to-win/
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

jozzas wrote:Email the office
In return, merchandise

When writing Haiku
Don’t forget to double check
Your syllable count
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gangrenous wrote:
jozzas wrote:Email the office
In return, merchandise

When writing Haiku
Don’t forget to double check
Your syllable count
And learn what a haiku is.

That's also important.

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

But most importantly understand why people have been writing poetry for thousands of years...

To piss off T_R
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

gangrenous wrote:Image

But most importantly understand why people have been writing poetry for thousands of years...

To piss off T_R Image
I respect their foreplanning.

Bastards.

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

After all you can’t write poeT_Ry without T_R.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders forward Liam Knight happy to tough it out to chase dream

Canberra Raiders prop Liam Knight admits moving away from Sydney was tough, but he's happy to do it to chase his dream.

"At first it was really tough, coming from Sydney with my mates and family and girlfriend there, but the boys have brought me in and I feel like I'm part of the culture down here and that's awesome. You do miss home a bit, but I'm trying to chase the dream at the moment so it's all good."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zif9.html
SeeBee101
David Grant
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by SeeBee101 »

Surely this is a g-up?

"despite Paulo and Boyd leaving there wasn't much room in next year's salary cap, but space was expected to free up for 2020."

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zif9.html

How can we have no room in our cap when we intended to resign both Boyd and Paulo for 600k and potentially not resign Austin? He must be talking crap to keep the player agents at bay.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

SeeBee101 wrote: June 4, 2018, 12:36 pm Surely this is a g-up?

"despite Paulo and Boyd leaving there wasn't much room in next year's salary cap, but space was expected to free up for 2020."

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zif9.html

How can we have no room in our cap when we intended to resign both Boyd and Paulo for 600k and potentially not resign Austin? He must be talking crap to keep the player agents at bay.
This bit cracked me up

"versatile forward Josh Papalii had agreed to terms, but was superstitious about announcing anything until he'd actually signed;"

I mean can't he just sign the thing if he is worried about it? I have signed dozens of contracts over email and fax.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

just let his agent James Roberts all over it

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

The entire "manager overseas" rubbish is hilarious. If terms are agreed to, it's with the solicitor's now. The Manager can be wherever the **** he wants to he, it's past that stage. Big Papa is tossing up another deal. He can sign if he wants. You can't tell me that a professional footy club can't chuck a numpty on a plane to Brissy/Melbourne/Sydney and back for a million dollar signing.

It can be done. He's just not ready to do it yet.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

“Ah Josh! You’ve come in to sign! Now I know I left a pen around here.. somewhere... I came across one next to that Mitchell Barnett contract when we found it.. Will this half-eaten crayon do?”

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Sid wrote:Image

“Ah Josh! You’ve come in to sign! Now I know I left a pen around here.. somewhere... I came across one next to that Mitchell Barnett contract when we found it.. Will this half-eaten crayon do?”
His manager has the pen, and he's overseas.

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

T_R wrote:

I'm sorry Raiders, that was our only pen. There'll be no Josh Papalli next year.

Awwww
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

#*****overseas
hrundi89
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by hrundi89 »

-TW- wrote: June 4, 2018, 10:35 pm
T_R wrote:

I'm sorry Raiders, that was our only pen. There'll be no Josh Papalli next year.

Awwww
There'll be no hospital then. I'll tell the children.
You may remember me from such forum usernames as hrundi99 and... hrundi99.
Sid
Ricky Stuart

Post by Sid »

gangrenous wrote:#*****overseas

A movement has begun

#*****outforpapa