20%
Sea Eagles 13+
10%

Total votes: 10

greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: 2018 Rd 12 V Sea Eagles: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders captain Jarrod Croker offloads plan to derail Turbo's Origin claims

The Canberra Raiders have formulated a plan to stop Martin Taupau's offloads that could also derail Tom Trbojevic's State of Origin hopes.

“Marty Taupau, he generally offloads the ball whenever he wants and wherever he wants, it doesn't really matter where on the field it is," Croker said. "It's been working really well for them and we've talked a lot about controlling ... his offload because we know they get a lot of momentum off the back of that.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zh7o.html
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote: May 24, 2018, 3:41 pm Canberra Raiders captain Jarrod Croker offloads plan to derail Turbo's Origin claims

The Canberra Raiders have formulated a plan to stop Martin Taupau's offloads that could also derail Tom Trbojevic's State of Origin hopes.

“Marty Taupau, he generally offloads the ball whenever he wants and wherever he wants, it doesn't really matter where on the field it is," Croker said. "It's been working really well for them and we've talked a lot about controlling ... his offload because we know they get a lot of momentum off the back of that.

Yeah..and you blokes just stand there and let him do it...all day.

Don't freaking control his offload...STOP IT !!!!!

3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

greeneyed wrote: May 24, 2018, 3:25 pm VIDEO: Canberra Raiders captain Jarrod Croker speaks about the clash with the Sea Eagles

Captain Jarrod Croker addressed the media this morning at Canberra Stadium as the team prepares for tomorrow's crucial clash against the Sea Eagles.

"The team are good, we've had a short week although we have recovered really well and we're all really excited," Croker said. "This week is a massive game with the bye going into next week so we need to put in a good performance."

Video: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... inal-word/

NRL Match Preview: Raiders v Sea Eagles: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... ea-eagles/

Video: Preview: Raiders v Sea Eagles - Round 12: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... -round-12/

Gallery: Rd 12 Captain's Run: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... tains-run/

Excuses already coming......... 'We've had a short week'
Perth Based Raiders Fan
Jake
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Paul Vaughan

Post by Jake »

I expect Manly to beat us comfortably. It hurts.

Still, I'll be watching whilst cruising this forum on my Huawei.

Feed the machine.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders ready for Trbojevic Origin audition

Raiders captain Jarrod Croker said he expects Manly star Tom Trbojevic to use GIO Stadium as his stage to make one final pitch to NSW selectors for a spot in the Blues side.

"I'm not sure who they are going to pick there, it's out of him and [James] Tedesco so he is going to be a hand full tomorrow night," Croker said of Tom Trbojevic. "He will be looking to put his best foot forward for that Blue jersey, but we'll be up for the challenge."

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/24/can ... -audition/

Barrett thinks four Sea Eagles should get Origin call-up: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/24/tre ... n-call-up/

Barrett: We found who was up for the fight: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/24/bar ... the-fight/
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Sam Williams and Craig Garvey omitted from Canberra Raiders squad to face Manly Sea Eagles

Sam Williams and Craig Garvey have been omitted from the Canberra Raiders squad to face the Sea Eagles tomorrow night and will play for Mounties on Saturday. Brad Parker and Tevita Funa have dropped out of the Sea Eagles squad.

Canberra Raiders

1 Jack Wighton, 2 Nick Cotric, 3 Jarrod Croker (c), 4 Joseph Leilua, 5 Jordan Rapana, 6 Blake Austin, 7 Aidan Sezer, 8 Dunamis Lui, 9 Siliva Havili, 10 Shannon Boyd, 11 Josh Papalii, 12 Elliott Whitehead, 13 Iosia Soliola

14 Ata Hingano, 15 Luke Bateman, 16 Charlie Gubb, 17 Liam Knight
18 Emre Guler, 19 Michael Oldfield

Manly Sea Eagles

1 Tom Trbojevic, 2 Jorge Taufua, 3 Moses Suli, 4 Brian Kelly, 5 Akuila Uate, 6 Trent Hodkinson, 7 Daly Cherry-Evans (c), 8 Addin Fonua-Blake, 9 Lewis Brown, 10 Martin Taupau, 11 Joel Thompson, 12 Shaun Lane, 13 Jake Trbojevic

14 Matthew Wright, 15 Frank Winterstein, 16 Lloyd Perrett, 17 Toafofoa Sipley
18 Thomas Wright, 20 Jack Gosiewski
PerthRaider86
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii - Alan Tongue

Post by PerthRaider86 »

Would love to know what garvey has done not to be picked. When i have watched him this year when mounties games have been on fox he has been solid.
Perth Based Raiders Fan
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders winger Nick Cotric's final fling for Origin wing

Three doesn't go into two, but Nick Cotric could, with NSW Blues advisor Greg Alexander revealing the Canberra Raiders young gun is within touching distance of a State of Origin debut.

"He's been one of three [wingers] for quite some time now - Addo-Carr, Blake Ferguson, Nick Cotric - outside [of that] Tom Trbojevic might be unlikely to play on a wing, but he can do it," Greg Alexander said. "Every one of us in the coaching staff is a big Nick Cotric fan.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zh7q.html
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

I'd pick Nick and Tom.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

greeneyed wrote: May 24, 2018, 3:41 pm Canberra Raiders captain Jarrod Croker offloads plan to derail Turbo's Origin claims

Well Captain, you've just set a defensive technique challenge for the team. Stopping offloads has proved difficult for us for years. I'm looking forward to watching this technique change in action.
Leebola
Brett Mullins

Post by Leebola »

Somehow, we're favourites for this match ahahahahahaaaaa!!!
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

greeneyed wrote: May 24, 2018, 6:16 pm Canberra Raiders winger Nick Cotric's final fling for Origin wing

Three doesn't go into two, but Nick Cotric could, with NSW Blues advisor Greg Alexander revealing the Canberra Raiders young gun is within touching distance of a State of Origin debut.

"He's been one of three [wingers] for quite some time now - Addo-Carr, Blake Ferguson, Nick Cotric - outside [of that] Tom Trbojevic might be unlikely to play on a wing, but he can do it," Greg Alexander said. "Every one of us in the coaching staff is a big Nick Cotric fan.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zh7q.html
Hes playing origin.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders don Beanies for Brain Cancer

It shows the power of rugby league - a target of 100,000 Beanies for Brain Cancer sold to raise about $1.75 million to help find a cure. The Canberra Raiders and Manly Sea Eagles will run out wearing Mark Hughes Foundation beanies at Canberra Stadium on Friday night, before giving them to some lucky fans in the crowd.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zh7r.html
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Leebola wrote: May 24, 2018, 7:26 pm Somehow, we're favourites for this match ahahahahahaaaaa!!!
So we should be...
Mr. Snrub
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Albert Fulivai

Post by Mr. Snrub »

I think we'll win. Manly without Koroisau and Walker is big. They're two players who always seem to have blinders against us.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Mr. Snrub wrote: May 25, 2018, 11:53 am I think we'll win. Manly without Koroisau and Walker is big. They're two players who always seem to have blinders against us.
I thought we said the same thing vs Sharks when they had no Dugan, Graham, Gallen, etc. Look how that turned out. If anything it makes it harder, due to complacency
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Finchy wrote: May 25, 2018, 12:19 pm
Mr. Snrub wrote: May 25, 2018, 11:53 am I think we'll win. Manly without Koroisau and Walker is big. They're two players who always seem to have blinders against us.
I thought we said the same thing vs Sharks when they had no Dugan, Graham, Gallen, etc. Look how that turned out. If anything it makes it harder, due to complacency
Agree. We are hands down the most mentally piss weak club in the competition. If we win it will be due to Manly putting in one of their reasonably frequent stinkers.
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

Its getting towards desperate times regarding points and aspirations of playing in the finals, lets see who really cares and puts their best effort in.

The more ive read about Paulo and Boyd leaving my feelings have gone from dejection to feeling more than happy with it, just need the club to make good decisions.

Solid mobile forwards like Whitehead and Tapine and better play from halves.
Rick
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Daley

Post by Rick »

Getting closer to kick off, I can almost taste the disappointment!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

I just hope the team plays well enough to give Cotric a boost to make NSW Origin this year. Go Cotric!
Dibbers
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Brad Clyde

Post by Dibbers »

6pm kick offs suck...
I found a moon rock in my nose....
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Spot on Finchy. We are a modest team with lots to be modest about. From Captain down we don't seem to have a 'foot on the throat and keep it there' culture.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

RedRaider wrote: May 25, 2018, 3:53 pm
Spot on Finchy. We are a modest team with lots to be modest about. From Captain down we don't seem to have a 'foot on the throat and keep it there' culture.
We used to throttle sides back in the day.

Relentless.

Come sit around the fire and I'll tell you some stories about the side we used to have...

Boy those were the days.

Skill, flair, speed, and a "you're not beating us today" attitude.

Great days.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Even the **** sides we had recently didn't fade out of games..

It's only since the glamour boys showed up
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Croker just got taken out by the goal post
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd