Canberra Raiders break membership record

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The Canberra Raiders are on track to break through the 20,000-member mark for the first time in club history, after announcing a new membership record today.

The Raiders currently sit at 19,319 members in 2018, with just under 700 members to sign up to reach 20,000. This number represents a high percentage of ticketed members, with the Raiders sitting towards the top of the competition in this respect.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... ip-record/
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Re: Canberra Raiders break membership record

Post by Dr Zaius »

How on earth did they do that?
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

That is a pretty amazing number to be honest considering we are a small bush footy club.
The destroyer of clubs is at it again.
He must be a good salesman.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

20,000 members and home crowds like we get?

Call me cynical, but there's more to this than we're being told.

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

People buying multiple memberships etc
Mr. Snrub
Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
Favourite Player: Albert Fulivai

Post by Mr. Snrub »

I'm pretty sure there's pet memberships or some garbage. Not sure if they count towards numbers?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

They're not supposed to... at least according to the rules set a few years ago. They were all supposed to be ticketed members. But the story makes clear that there are non ticketed members in those numbers.

South Sydney has 30,000 members and get 12,000 to games... so it'd even be more an issue with non ticketed memberships at clubs like that.

I remember that memberships were extended to all Canberra local rugby league players with four game tickets a few years ago... and I presume that has continued. I could well be wrong.

But that would explain several thousands in the difference between the membership numbers and attendances... at least in the years that has been done. Because a lot of those people would have normal memberships anyway. And they were only four game memberships.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I'd say there's a lot of away members up in Sydney and Qld etc
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders set membership record and target 20,000 ceiling

The Canberra Raiders are confident they can break the 20,000 membership ceiling as early as next month and the club hopes unprecedented heights will put more bums on seats at home games. Raiders membership numbers have jumped to 19,319 this week - the highest tally in the Green Machine's rich history - despite a drop in average crowd numbers so far this year.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zfle.html
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

So that story confirms that junior rugby league memberships at least are included in the numbers.