Don Furner

Re: The Ricky Stuart list

Post by greeneyed »

He coached David Campese? Seriously?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

And what’s the point? Any long running coach has coached a lot of players. So what? Fair dinkum this is getting a bit ott.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Close it GE !!!!
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

greeneyed wrote: May 14, 2018, 12:12 am And what’s the point? Any long running coach has coached a lot of players. So what? Fair dinkum this is getting a bit ott.
Here's the point. Find me ONE person on that list who improved long term under Stuart's coaching
There is 50 odd blokes there, by pure luck he should have at least 5 guys who didnt deteriorate. I cant honestly find one player in that list who got better long term under Ricky Stuart.

That's **** alarming.

Any long running coach has coached as a lot of players and i bet none of them have a list of halves this long in which he didnt improve at least 5-6 of them
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

OTT or not, Pigman has a point.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Brett Kimmorley. Played outstanding footy under Ricky and took the sharks to a Prelim before going to the dogs. No drop off in form at all, in fact the exact opposite.

Now look at the players he has had post Kimmorley. Any coach would struggle to produce a long term half out of that lot and half the list are stop gaps for injury. I don't see any outstanding halves in the list he "stalled, ruined or regressed".
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Not defending him by any means, but there's a **** load of low ceiling players in that list
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Yep, I mean Parra has a much longer list by itself and we aren't much better.

Seymour and Sandow had talent but were in the Todd Carney league for discipline.
papabear
Steve Walters

Post by papabear »

I dont think anyone can be blamed for Terry Campese coming back with an old old knee.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

I can't believe how Ricky destroyed David Campese's career. Definitely a destroyer of wingers. Or is it halves? Anyway, I want to hear more about how boppa wore an onion on his belt at the time.
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

-TW- wrote: May 14, 2018, 9:34 am Not defending him by any means, but there's a **** load of low ceiling players in that list
It's a list of complete ploders.

Name ANY coach who got the best out of any of those players.

Grant Rovelli?
Josh McCrone?
Mitch Cornish?
Brett Firman?

And you include stop gap measures like Elliott Whitehead?

If anything, it's a list of poor quality halves that he coached, that in fact may dispel the theory you espouse?
The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

And where is the list of halves you have coached Boppa? Just to compare it to the great man.
In Ricky We Trust
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

edwahu wrote:Brett Kimmorley. Played outstanding footy under Ricky and took the sharks to a Prelim before going to the dogs. No drop off in form at all, in fact the exact opposite.

Now look at the players he has had post Kimmorley. Any coach would struggle to produce a long term half out of that lot and half the list are stop gaps for injury. I don't see any outstanding halves in the list he "stalled, ruined or regressed".
Kimmorley was a test and origin rep both pre and post Stuart coaching him. Fair to say he neither regressed nor improved under Sticky's guidance. Simply maintain his high standard of play.

Outside of Kimmorley it's a cold hard truth that Stuart has never got the best out of his halves in 15 years of NRL coaching.

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
jozzas
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Whitehead

Post by jozzas »

"I feel sorry for Ata because I've been training him as a utility nine player and he hasn't done a lot of work in the halves with us, it's probably my fault."

What the **** Ricky! If Sezer or Austin goes down, as happened, there is NOONE that has trained there to fill in? Or Whitehead trains there over Hingano, WHO IS A HALF, and was bought AS A HALF on the outer at the Warriors.

Constantly boggled by this guy.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Northern Raider wrote: May 14, 2018, 9:58 am
edwahu wrote:Brett Kimmorley. Played outstanding footy under Ricky and took the sharks to a Prelim before going to the dogs. No drop off in form at all, in fact the exact opposite.

Kimmorley was a test and origin rep both pre and post Stuart coaching him. Fair to say he neither regressed nor improved under Sticky's guidance. Simply maintain his high standard of play.

Outside of Kimmorley it's a cold hard truth that Stuart has never got the best out of his halves in 15 years of NRL coaching.

Funny that when he had a genuine established half he did get the best out of him and didn't regress his form at all.

Tell me which half post Kimmorley he did not get the best out of? I'd agree on Sezer.
Last edited by edwahu on May 14, 2018, 10:04 am, edited 3 times in total.
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

edwahu wrote: May 14, 2018, 9:27 am Brett Kimmorley. Played outstanding footy under Ricky and took the sharks to a Prelim before going to the dogs. No drop off in form at all, in fact the exact opposite.

Agree. This list proves a dearth of talent amongst halves in the current era. Stuart obviously hasn't been able to nurture halves to the next level, but I'd suggest at least half of the coaches going around are in the same boat.

If you are blaming Stuart for the likes of Luke Phillips and Chris Flannery not being world beating halves then that is a massive stretch.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

edwahu wrote:
Northern Raider wrote: May 14, 2018, 9:58 am

Tell me which half post Kimmorley he did not get the best out of?
Here's my list:

* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Zip Zip
Ruben Wiki

Post by Zip Zip »

Not sure where I stand on this one.

I'm no fan of Ricky Stuart and it's clear he hasn't taken a young guy and made him a star, but there's a lot of guys on that list who are hardly even NRL quality.

But on the flip side, how many of these guys did he sign? That's probably more the point, if he signed many of those guys to his club, then he's a shocking scout.

I think people are slightly overreacting to Sezer having a bad game. He's shown when he's given complete control, he's a very good NRL half back. One poor game doesn't change this. If we completed better and had a better kicking game (why Jack is kicking in that position at that point in the game I'll never know), then we win that game comfortably. Story of the season, really.
"Look sorry if that came across wrong, I was just referring to the jokes we were making about all the desperate guys who chase you. Hope to catch up some time, but if not best of luck with everything."
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I don't know what happened with Sezer yday. It's completely polar with form he started demonstrating a few weeks ago.

Relax-init
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Angel Marina

Post by Relax-init »

No super talent in that list to start with but the point is there... Ricky is killing the team, especially the halves. The tactics are just wrong, his game plan is horrid, and neither half has any ability to game manage... up by 8, should play smart and keep them down in their half yet the last tackle options were horrid, the forwards were slow into the line and gave away cheap penalties. Seriously a joke as a fan, next week the Brumbies will get the bigger crowd after that effort.

Pity he is like the Furner's and will not be going anywhere anytime soon....
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

I find it funny, 3 weeks it goes quiet then everyone is waiting for that loss and BANG, the threads come out.
I’m still yet to see anyone offer a actual player we can get to replace Sezer that is better.
Yeah Sezer is frustrating cause he can look like a world beater when he is on, he is just not consistent.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

Brew wrote: May 14, 2018, 10:52 am I find it funny, 3 weeks it goes quiet then everyone is waiting for that loss and BANG, the threads come out.
I’m still yet to see anyone offer a actual player we can get to replace Sezer that is better.
Yeah Sezer is frustrating cause he can look like a world beater when he is on, he is just not consistent.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Sezer? Look like a world beater?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :roflmao