Josh Papalii re-signs with Canberra Raiders on four year deal

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Re: Josh Papalii reportedly set to re-sign with Canberra Raiders on three year, $2 million deal

Post by Lucy »

But you can't do that, can you friend?

No, I didn't think so. Run along now.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Re: Josh Papalii reportedly set to re-sign with Canberra Raiders on three year, $2 million deal

Post by Raiders666 »

Raiders666 wrote: June 10, 2018, 9:49 am Lol at your Contacts....The deal is sorted and he is staying.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Captain Punish wrote: June 10, 2018, 10:05 am But you can't do that, can you friend?

No, I didn't think so. Run along now.

I don't need to 😁
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

I don’t doubt Punish’s contacts are right but they are also a few weeks behind the times.

If reports are correct the moment Souths lost Crichton they went hard into the market for a quality second rower. Kefusi, Papalii,Sua and Oates have all been looked at.

We now know that Kefusi is staying at Storm, Papalii is likely to remain a raider and Souths have fresh hope that they can convince Crichton to stay.

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Reported in The Sunday Telegraph again today that Papalii is staying and Souths dropped out...

Raiders unsure about Blake Austin’s future, while Josh Papalii is set to sign long-term deal to remain in Canberra
Matt Logue

CANBERRA are seriously considering parting ways with off-contract five-eighth ... The Sunday Telegraph can reveal Raiders officials will meet with Austin's ...

Read more: https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport ... 7bb977562a
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

paywall

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

bonehead wrote: June 10, 2018, 4:16 pm paywall

Took me a while to figure out Payalii wasn't Papa's new nickname.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I don't get why they need to meet with Austin's manager to give him the ****

Just say "on your bike pal" and be done with it
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Papalii..it's a done deal.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki

Post by Pete Cash »

I just wish done deal would translate to signed contract because I cannot imagine how bad the forward pack is next year without him. Best not to think about tbh or I might start screaming like a lunatic.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Maybe he's signed, just waiting on a TPA?
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

How about that Friday night when we played Manly and the commentator said Papaliis resigning would be announced in the next couple of days...

Good times.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

greeneyed wrote:Yep, your contacts have no idea, clearly.
He makes them up.

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

dubby wrote:
greeneyed wrote:Yep, your contacts have no idea, clearly.
He makes them up.

Yeah, because I am a compulsive liar who likes to big note himself on an anonymous forum..

Of course I do..

dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Ok, that made me laugh.

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Josh Papalii reportedly set to re-sign with Canberra Raiders on three year, $2 million deal

Post by LastRaider »

He ain’t signing yet. I bet he holds of until after origin, waiting to see if any new opportunities open up

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

He is good value at 800k the way he has played since moving to the middle. It wouldn't suprise me if there were more enquiries been made.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Josh Papalii reportedly set to re-sign with Canberra Raiders on three year, $2 million deal

Post by LastRaider »

edwahu wrote:He is good value at 800k the way he has played since moving to the middle. It wouldn't suprise me if there were more enquiries been made.
Yes he is, he can play 80 minutes in the middle and can play an edge. If he keeps his form, he will be better than Taumalolo next year, and Lolo is on a $1m a year

scotchberry
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Post by scotchberry »

LastRaider wrote: June 12, 2018, 9:05 am
edwahu wrote:He is good value at 800k the way he has played since moving to the middle. It wouldn't suprise me if there were more enquiries been made.
Yes he is, he can play 80 minutes in the middle and can play an edge. If he keeps his form, he will be better than Taumalolo next year, and Lolo is on a $1m a year

I’d happily trade Papa/Hodgson/Cotric as a package deal in order to sign Taumalolo.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

scotchberry wrote: June 12, 2018, 11:30 am
LastRaider wrote: June 12, 2018, 9:05 am

I’d happily trade Papa/Hodgson/Cotric as a package deal in order to sign Taumalolo.
One player does not make a team. Look at the Cowboys current ladder position.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Signed yet?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

It's a done deal.

To be released in the next 2 days before Papalii heads to Melbourne for Origin 1.

Oh...

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Captain Punish wrote: June 12, 2018, 9:58 pm It's a done deal.

To be released in the next 2 days before Papalii heads to Melbourne for Origin 1.

Oh...

Has anyone told you you’re a jerk? I guess so. Carry on.
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Any update here? Manager came down with appendicitis, Raiders lost the contract and they need to redraft an agreement, Papa injures his signing hand??

Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

LastRaider wrote:Any update here? Manager came down with appendicitis, Raiders lost the contract and they need to redraft an agreement, Papa injures his signing hand??

It's a done deal.

Haven't you heard?

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Haha, boy you'd better hope he doesnt sign, Punisher.
You've dug yourself one hell of a Bull hole here!
Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

Pigman wrote:Haha, boy you'd better hope he doesnt sign, Punisher.
You've dug yourself one hell of a Bull hole here!
I think I will be quite happy if he re-signs to be honest. I have never once said I do not want him to.

I just love the donest of dealio's chat when the bugger is obviously playing his guts out to wheel and deal his way into a fortune from whom ever delivers. Papa will be throwin' down "Indecent Proposal" style on his bed laid with fat stacks by end of Origin period I suspect, but I just cannot get around the "done deal" garbage right now. He is playing the field harder than my wife on Tinder when I am away for work. He isn't locked and loaded. If he was, why the weeks of nothing?

Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

He's playing hard, ergo the deal cant be done?
That's a weird place to be

I think its entirely possible, nay likely, the framework of the deal is done and they are ironing out some of the nuances. Probably TPA related (there has been changes made in this realm recently no?) and perhaps around who they are allocating at the LS player, between he and Croker.

It's a strange hill to die on here harping on about an official release. It'll come when it comes. The important part is he's going to part of this club going forward.
Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

Oh I'm not dying. There will still be plenty of punish to be shared beyond Papalii's decision.

With so much negativity clouding the club of late, with marquee players bailing, others heading to court because they confuse brain cells with jail cells, losses that we should never really had and well, Ricky, would you not think now would be the time to announce any real big signing?

Sezer extends for 2. Tick.
Unknown young kid signs on. Tick.
Busted English prop signs on. Tick.

Josh Papalii is a done deal and will be announced in the coming days....

crickets...

tumbleweeds...

more crickets....

**** CICADAS!!!!

Papalii speaks "You know, I just don't believe in announcing something before it's actually signed, my manager is away so I can't sign something that is allegedly agreed to and confirmed by Raider666 or whatever his name is, he has the inside scoop. He will fill you in, no need to ask me, I'm just the player refusing to put pen to paper, or finger to phone via online signing devices or fax, or teleportation"

More crickets....

Deafening silence....

Yup. The donest of deals.

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

why does a hairdresser go away for work?

Edrick The Entertainer
Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

bonehead wrote:why does a hairdresser go away for work?

I'm kinda a big deal. That's all. Haha

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

Captain Punish wrote:

do you go up and shine up Robbo?

Edrick The Entertainer
Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

bonehead wrote:
Captain Punish wrote:

do you go up and shine up Robbo?

Back, crack and sack.

T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

That was beautiful

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

T_R wrote:

That was beautiful

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Haha