Josh Papalii re-signs with Canberra Raiders on four year deal

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Re: Josh Papalii reportedly set to re-sign with Canberra Raiders on three year, $2 million deal

Post by Ruben Daley »

Three years at two million sounds spot-on to me.

Other elite guys in his position (and not elite) have already been earning more than that, such as Gillett $750K, Surgess $850K, Merrin $750K etc.

Plus, Angus Crichton will on $1M from next year.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Re: Josh Papalii reportedly set to re-sign with Canberra Raiders on three year, $2 million deal

Post by Hazza »

Roy Rover wrote: May 11, 2018, 9:51 am
Brew wrote:The same radio station that said he was a done deal at Souths lol?

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The person that said he was going to the Rabbits was that idiot Maroon.

As GE has said Brent Read has way more credibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Maroon's also a mad Souths fan. I'm stunned at the amount that took it as fact just cos that goose said he was going to Souths.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Papa was huge again tonight.

Damn he's a fine player.

Worth every brass razoo...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
gilby_gillard
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker, 2019 team

Post by gilby_gillard »

Would love for this to be confirmed early this week.
El_Capitano
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by El_Capitano »

80mins in the middle!

How soon IS now?
Seiffert82
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Bay56

Post by Seiffert82 »

Yeah, I've been critical of him of late, but today he was very good.

Boyd can go find himself another club though. Useless.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

Has this been announced yet?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

greeneyed wrote:No.
Can you make him hurry? You can do anything, right GE?
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Brew
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: Blake Austin

Post by Brew »

Seiffert82 wrote:Yeah, I've been critical of him of late, but today he was very good.

Boyd can go find himself another club though. Useless.

Your wish is granted my friend.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
In Ricky We Trust
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

I’m concerned there has been no announcement around Papilii resigning. It tells me there must be another team around showing interest. It’s concerning to say the least.
Beejay
John Ferguson

Post by Beejay »

The Paulo article said it’s done waiting on his manager to get back from overseas
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

Beejay wrote: May 21, 2018, 4:34 pm The Paulo article said it’s done waiting on his manager to get back from overseas
It's funny how "overseas" seems to be the common reason used when a player hasn't signed.

Anyone heard of internet and roaming?
Roger Kenworthy
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki, J-Lo, Jordan Rapana

Post by Roger Kenworthy »

benda wrote: May 21, 2018, 4:52 pm
Beejay wrote: May 21, 2018, 4:34 pm The Paulo article said it’s done waiting on his manager to get back from overseas
It's funny how "overseas" seems to be the common reason used when a player hasn't signed.

Anyone heard of internet and roaming?
I'll vouch for terrible internet in the Cook Islands.

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/15/busi ... ssets.html
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Yep, that one always cracks me up. Even if one manager is on vacation, he is signed to a management company with multiple partners who should be able to handle it.
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

I mean how could you refuse an offer from this outstanding club.
This place is woke.
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

You would think now would be the best time they announce this considering the wave of rejections of late.

I figure if this is announced soon we need not worry, but I would be quietly concerned of its legitimacy if it's not announced in the next week. It's the positive news the club PR needs right now, depending on whether it is actually happening.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

LastRaider
John Ferguson

Josh Papalii reportedly set to re-sign with Canberra Raiders on three year, $2 million deal

Post by LastRaider »

Yeah the “oversea’s” line just means, we are currently looking at other offers before we make a decision. edwahu is correct in that these agencies have multiple partners available to ink a deal. Once a deal is confirmed it’s the lawyers who nut out the detail and the agent isn’t really required once at that stage
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Maybe Papilii hasn’t signed as Stuart wants him to play 8 or 10, but he wants to play in the back row or 13...
Nadruku
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Nadruku

Post by Nadruku »

He’s going good big papa hope it’s announced soon. Is it just me or was he playing a lot at prop or 13 when SIa went off

edwahu

Post by edwahu »

They said in commentary that its a done deal and should be announced in a day or two.
Nadruku
Glenn Lazarus
Favourite Player: Nadruku

Post by Nadruku »

-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Just on the commentary...

This from Brandy during the call.

" A solid 6 weeks from Shannon Boyd has earned him a nice little deal on the Gold Coast"

Oh..how I laughed.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

With the Raiders having the bye next week, I am hoping the Raiders footy announcements will be about some further signings. Other than Luke Bateman there has been little positive signing news. Apart from Papa I really hope there is a big announcement about an extension to Havili's contract. Get it done Don.
Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

edwahu wrote:They said in commentary that its a done deal and should be announced in a day or two.
I got a laugh out of that.

"It is said the Papalii deal is done, all that is needed is signatures on the contract"

Sooo... you mean, it's not done. As the signatures are kinda the most important part of making a contract "done".

edwahu

Post by edwahu »

It makes sense it will be done this weekend with Schif in town. If it's not announced next week I would be a bit worried. Sia as well.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BjN846UnRjp ... 0b1tpvu9n9
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

A late clause on Papalii’s contract that he won’t sign unless schifcofske gets to blow the horn for every home game for the duration of his new contract

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Schifcofske to fullback, Wighton to centre
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Talking of Papilii making SOO, it really worries me he hasn’t extended his contract with the Raider’s yet. There is something going on here that we don’t know about.
roneel78
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Campese

Post by roneel78 »

If he signed on the weekend, dont they have to wait 10days or something before announcing??

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

No cooling off period anymore
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

LastRaider wrote: May 28, 2018, 11:16 am Talking of Papilii making SOO, it really worries me he hasn’t extended his contract with the Raider’s yet. There is something going on here that we don’t know about.
It's a done deal
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Raiders666 wrote:
LastRaider wrote: May 28, 2018, 11:16 am Talking of Papilii making SOO, it really worries me he hasn’t extended his contract with the Raider’s yet. There is something going on here that we don’t know about.
It's a done deal
I hope so
Lucy
Brett Mullins

Post by Lucy »

So, that done deal hey?

Another 10 days of apparent done dealingness to wait out it seems..

There is a huge spanner in these works coming. I can feel it in my waters..