All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

Relax-init
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Angel Marina

Re: Luke Bateman re-signs

Post by Relax-init »

Captain Punish wrote: May 8, 2018, 12:51 pm
Relax-init wrote:This signing is clearly a stop gap for a year until better forwards become available. There are some better options after 2019 for the raiders to sign.

This also give bateman a year to prove he should be signed post 2019. He is an ok player, but doesn't have the X-factor that other do. He reminds me of J.Thompson, good, solid, but nothing extraordinary.
Yeah, clearly the Raiders using him as a stop-gap.

You didn't read the bit about how Canberra wanted him long term, and Bateman was the one that went for 1 year, did you?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
Oh I read it. I just don't believe it. Bateman isn't that good, no way they offered him more than a year. Ricky is very tight on his contracts, two years max in general, one year for players who aren't performing, three years for those he sees a future with.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

Relax-init wrote: May 8, 2018, 12:57 pmRicky is very tight on his contracts, two years max in general, one year for players who aren't performing, three years for those he sees a future with.
Are we just making things up now?

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

There's no reason to doubt the Raiders offered Bateman longer than one year.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

T_R wrote: May 8, 2018, 1:15 pm
Relax-init wrote: May 8, 2018, 12:57 pmRicky is very tight on his contracts, two years max in general, one year for players who aren't performing, three years for those he sees a future with.
I mean surely you don't believe a club saying they wanted something, then a player saying he knocked it back and giving reasons for choosing the shorter contract counts as evidence that something actually happened? Pull the other one.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

T_R wrote:
Hahahahaha
Relax-init
Gary Coyne
Favourite Player: Angel Marina

Post by Relax-init »

The Nickman wrote: May 8, 2018, 1:26 pm
T_R wrote:
Hahahahaha
Easy enough to figure out by now. Have a look at the last few years. Look at the contracts at the Eels. They do say consistency is key.
Raidernation
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Stuart

Post by Raidernation »

Not an impact player and barely manages to bend the line, needs to learn how to produce a late offload and time his runs to get in behind the ruck. He plays like a much bigger man just charging into big boppers, whereas if he made more runs off the dummy half behind the ruck he would be more effective in attack.

He is the best in our team at putting players on their back and slowing the play the ball which is invaluable. Pretty good at quick play the balls too and has produced some brilliant one on one tackles on the try line to prevent try’s.

Good signing imo.