20%
Sharks 13+
15%

Total votes: 20

Humphrey B Flaubert
David Grant

Re: 2018 Rd 10 V Sharks: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by Humphrey B Flaubert »

Old Edrick Scissorhands returns to bruce. My edrick doll that was available from coles back in the day is still on the floor behind my TV from the moment he dropped that ball against the storm in the finals. I suspect he’ll have a blinder :roflmao
Speed limits are just suggestions....Like pants!
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

reptar wrote: May 8, 2018, 7:15 pm
RedRaider wrote:Holmes back in the fullback position for the Sharks. He is a real threat imo. I am expecting longer minutes from Shannon Boyd in this match. If he wants to reignite his rep career this is his chance as a starter against the Sharks.
Holmes is just as likely to drop every kick to him
I hope you are right reptar. I am expecting the usual Shark tactics with plenty of niggle and scragging us on the ground to slow us down and frustrate us. It will be a test for BJs new found discipline.
Timbo
David Furner
Favourite Player: Hudson Young

Post by Timbo »

Humphrey B Flaubert wrote: May 8, 2018, 9:48 pm Old Edrick Scissorhands returns to bruce. My edrick doll that was available from coles back in the day is still on the floor behind my TV from the moment he dropped that ball against the storm in the finals. I suspect he’ll have a blinder :roflmao
My Edrick doll was locked in the microwave after that.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Finchy
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ata Mariota

Post by Finchy »

Timbo wrote: May 9, 2018, 10:03 am
Humphrey B Flaubert wrote: May 8, 2018, 9:48 pm Old Edrick Scissorhands returns to bruce. My edrick doll that was available from coles back in the day is still on the floor behind my TV from the moment he dropped that ball against the storm in the finals. I suspect he’ll have a blinder :roflmao
People always mention the "dropped ball" (singular). I'm sure he dropped at least 5 balls in that game.
Ata Mariota’s #1 fan. Bless his cotton socks.
Timbo
David Furner

Post by Timbo »

He wasn't quite Brett Kelly at Shark Park, but gee whiz he was close.
Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is just the train that's about to hit you.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

Surely Sticky doesn't muck around with the team, Williams will be at Mounties.

I'm actually pleased to see Gallen named. He's well underdone and based on his early season form we should be able to get at him a fair bit. He was still in a leg brace on the weekend so I wouldn't be surprised if he needs a needle to play. And some painkilling ones too.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

Woodgers wrote: May 9, 2018, 11:42 am Surely Sticky doesn't muck around with the team, Williams will be at Mounties.

I'm actually pleased to see Gallen named. He's well underdone and based on his early season form we should be able to get at him a fair bit. He was still in a leg brace on the weekend so I wouldn't be surprised if he needs a needle to play. And some painkilling ones too.
HI-YOOOO!!!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders forward Sia Soliola: There's still lots to improve on

Raiders Forward Sia Soliola has admitted that the green machine still have lots to improve on in their game after the victory over the Gold Coast Titans on Saturday.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... mprove-on/

Game Day Guide: Raiders v Sharks: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... -v-sharks/

Gallery: Raiders prepare for Sharks: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... or-sharks/
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Can't wait to see Papa and Tarps knock 7 shades out of Gallen..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

This is the first time papa has had a chance to actually play on Gallen outside of 10 minutes here or there in origin. Get him papa
TongueFTW
Dean Lance

Post by TongueFTW »

Hope Stuart reminds the guys of what Gallen said about them - essentially that if you stay with the Raiders early, their mental weakness means you come over the top of them.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

Frank the Cat's Cat of the Week

Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

-PJ- wrote: May 9, 2018, 3:03 pm Can't wait to see Papa and Tarps knock 7 shades out of Gallen..
This × 1000
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

TongueFTW wrote: May 9, 2018, 6:42 pm Hope Stuart reminds the guys of what Gallen said about them - essentially that if you stay with the Raiders early, their mental weakness means you come over the top of them.
Hope he reminded them of that about round 3.
Boomercm
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Joe Picker

Post by Boomercm »

Finchy wrote: May 9, 2018, 10:09 am
People always mention the "dropped ball" (singular). I'm sure he dropped at least 5 balls in that game.
the most costly drop of Eddie's in that finals series was his drop early on in the game vs. the sharks (from a Croker pass, which should make it memorable lol). We were towelling them at the time and if he had caught it we win by 20... and get the Sharks dream run through the finals. He dropped it, they got into the grind (and offside) and the rest is history.
Choc Magic
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Choc Magic »

I had a similar sized Cleveland Brown doll. I swapped their heads after that game.
rolhai
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Shaun Fensom

Post by rolhai »

reptar wrote:Frank the Cat's Cat of the Week

Love it!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1985/86: The last time we missed consecutive finals series.....Until STICKY
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Choc Magic wrote: May 9, 2018, 9:20 pm
I had a similar sized Cleveland Brown doll. I swapped their heads after that game.
You're a Canberra Raiders and Cleveland Browns fan? My condolences, you poor bastard.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

RedRaider wrote: May 9, 2018, 12:22 am
RedRaider wrote:Holmes back in the fullback position for the Sharks. He is a real threat imo. I am expecting longer minutes from Shannon Boyd in this match. If he wants to reignite his rep career this is his chance as a starter against the Sharks.
I hope you are right reptar. I am expecting the usual Shark tactics with plenty of niggle and scragging us on the ground to slow us down and frustrate us. It will be a test for BJs new found discipline.
Isn’t Gallen back this week ?
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

InFernos_Raiders wrote: May 10, 2018, 1:29 am
RedRaider wrote: May 9, 2018, 12:22 am
Isn’t Gallen back this week ?
Yes, the Cronulla (c) is back this week.
Timbo
David Furner

Post by Timbo »

We had some clients come out from the US recently, I ended up sitting next to this bloke from the mid-west during a long lunch. We discussed what it was like being a Canberra fan and a Cleveland fan and decided we were sports soulmates.
Choc Magic
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Choc Magic »

gergreg wrote: May 9, 2018, 11:08 pm
You're a Canberra Raiders and Cleveland Browns fan? My condolences, you poor bastard.
Nope, Cleveland Brown from Family Guy

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

VIDEO: Raiders v Sharks - Round 10 preview

The Canberra Raiders could move into the top eight for the first time this season with a win over the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks on Sunday. Zac Bailey and Matt Elliott examine the Sunday afternoon clash.

Video: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/10/rai ... -round-10/

NRL Match Preview: Raiders v Sharks: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... -v-sharks/

Raiders Donate $1000 to RSPCA: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... -to-rspca/

Canberra Raiders Dance Cam: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/05 ... dance-cam/

Ennis on his role in the Raiders-Sharks rivalry: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/05/10/mic ... s-rivalry/
Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

Choc Magic wrote: May 10, 2018, 11:20 am
gergreg wrote: May 9, 2018, 11:08 pm
Nope, Cleveland Brown from Family Guy

''

Hes got hands like Edrick
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL interchange shift could put Canberra Raiders ahead of the pack

The mooted reduction in interchanges from six to eight, and the possible departures of two heavyweight props Junior Paulo and Shannon Boyd, could push Canberra ahead of the pack.

"Yeah definitely, [the 80-minute player becomes more important]," Elliott Whitehead said. "It’s hard enough as it is with eight subs, never mind six. To have 80-minute players is very important, if you go down to six subs then the bigger players will probably have to get a little bit fitter and probably lose a little bit more weight. I reckon they should just leave it at eight to be honest.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zefj.html
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

'Freakish' Jordan Rapana inspires Canberra Raiders star Nick Cotric

Everybody knows Jordan Rapana is capable of "freakish" things, and his gravity-defying acts are inspiring Nick Cotric to create his own highlight reel.

"It definitely helps me, he helps me a lot in the wing position, especially in defence [telling me] when should I go, and in attack he just tells me when to get more carries," Cotric said. "He’s such a talented player too so I just look up to him. I guess [it inspires me to follow suit], he’s such a freakish player. That put-down last week was pretty good and pretty athletic."

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zefk.html
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

TongueFTW wrote:Hope Stuart reminds the guys of what Gallen said about them - essentially that if you stay with the Raiders early, their mental weakness means you come over the top of them.
That’s a pretty fare assumption. All clubs think this

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

LastRaider wrote:
TongueFTW wrote:Hope Stuart reminds the guys of what Gallen said about them - essentially that if you stay with the Raiders early, their mental weakness means you come over the top of them.
That’s a pretty fare assumption. All clubs think this

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Unfortunately i think the players think this too!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Timbo
David Furner

Post by Timbo »

TongueFTW wrote: May 9, 2018, 6:42 pm Hope Stuart reminds the guys of what Gallen said about them - essentially that if you stay with the Raiders early, their mental weakness means you come over the top of them.
I mean, he's not wrong.
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

reptar wrote: May 9, 2018, 6:49 pm Frank the Cat's Cat of the Week

:clap:
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

Whispers are that he wont play BTW. Knee still isn't right.

https://www.facebook.com/nrlphysio/post ... 0875012437
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Whos pretending to blow the horn this week ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
El_Capitano
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by El_Capitano »

Stormy Daniels?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How soon IS now?
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

The night Brett White went hunting with Canberra Raiders prop Shannon Boyd

Brett White will never forget the night he went hunting with Shannon Boyd.

"He got a bog and I had to walk about five kilometres out to get a tractor to pull his car out," White said. "I had one night out with him and it was quite an experience with the big fella. He certainly is in his element. That’s one of the qualities of where we are, the lifestyle in Canberra. For country guys like that, especially for him, to be able to play footy at a club and still have the lifestyle of being able to do things he loves.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 4zenc.html
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

-PJ- wrote: May 11, 2018, 2:31 pm Whos pretending to blow the horn this week ?
Mark Bell.

They should make it do a digeridoo noise this week.