50%

Total votes: 18

Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Re: 2018 Rd 8 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by Neeeegz »

-TW- wrote: April 29, 2018, 9:38 pm
Neeeegz wrote:You're in the cliché TW. Tell me what I'm doing wrong please ? You sound like a friggen politician when I see you post, so I don't really give a **** what you say...Move on wanker
Maybe not contradict yourself.. flog
That's quite politician ish of you. No wonder the country is *******. Thanks KRuddy
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Neeeegz wrote: April 29, 2018, 10:08 pm Id love to know how many actually played footy beyond under 16s...and still experts
And you did?
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

Sossman wrote:
Neeeegz wrote:You're in the cliché TW. Tell me what I'm doing wrong please ? You sound like a friggen politician when I see you post, so I don't really give a **** what you say... Move on wanker
Chill Neeegz, there aren't many people in the Crèche.

I'm pretty sure it's only Nickman, Schifty, Dr Zaius, David90210, T_R, TW, KW, Greeneyed, Green Peen Mick, Manbush, Reptar, Gangrenous, Michael and Woodgers.

Maybe you can make your own Crepés?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
Wait, what? I'm in the cliche? Since when? How the hell did that happen? I'm with Neeeeeegz on this, the cliche are all jerks.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Dr Zaius wrote: April 29, 2018, 10:21 pm
Sossman wrote:
Neeeegz wrote:You're in the cliché TW. Tell me what I'm doing wrong please ? You sound like a friggen politician when I see you post, so I don't really give a **** what you say... Move on wanker

I'm pretty sure it's only Nickman, Schifty, Dr Zaius, David90210, T_R, TW, KW, Greeneyed, Green Peen Mick, Manbush, Reptar, Gangrenous, Michael and Woodgers.

Wait, what? I'm in the cliche? Since when? How the hell did that happen? I'm with Neeeeeegz on this, the cliche are all jerks.
Crepes are bad for your health, so I’m tipping you’re not into crepes at all!
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

raiderskater wrote: April 29, 2018, 10:18 pm
Neeeegz wrote: April 29, 2018, 10:08 pm Id love to know how many actually played footy beyond under 16s...and still experts
And you did?
Yes, I did, and was quite handy in my day and have one teammate that played for Australia and new, and a few others with nrl contracts, repped western region as a young fella, but gave it up as per my dying fathers wish to persue my trade. Any more questions ? Like why I follow a team that USED to be tradesman like in their approach to games ? Because with the ******* idiot fans on here, I'm starting to doubt it after 35 years.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

raiderskater wrote:
And you did?
Careful, you'll end up in the quiche
Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Sossman »

Neeeegz wrote:
And you did?
Yes, I did, and was quite handy in my day and have one teammate that played for Australia and new, and a few others with nrl contracts, repped western region as a young fella, but gave it up as per my dying fathers wish to persue my trade. Any more questions ? Like why I follow a team that USED to be tradesman like in their approach to games ? Because with the ******* idiot fans on here, I'm starting to doubt it after 35 years.
Muse is that you?

4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

Neeeegz wrote: April 29, 2018, 10:28 pm
And you did?
Yes, I did, and was quite handy in my day and have one teammate that played for Australia and new, and a few others with nrl contracts, repped western region as a young fella,
Oooh, western region. I guess that really puts it all in shade, doesn't it? Western region is some serious level ****. Clearly makes you a totally ace NRL expert.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

Sossman wrote:

Wait I'm in the cliché? Also if Nickman's name is first does that mean he is the leader?

FTR Crepés >>> cliché.

Especially if there is Bacon.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

raiderskater wrote: April 29, 2018, 10:44 pm
And you did?
Yes, I did, and was quite handy in my day and have one teammate that played for Australia and new, and a few others with nrl contracts, repped western region as a young fella,
Oooh, western region. I guess that really puts it all in shade, doesn't it? Western region is some serious level ****. Clearly makes you a totally ace NRL expert.
No. It doesn't. But me playing league while EDIT sort of allows me to have an opinion at least ? Without being shot down by soccer EDIT?
Last edited by greeneyed on April 29, 2018, 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

Schifty wrote: April 29, 2018, 10:45 pm
Sossman wrote:

Wait I'm in the cliché? Also if Nickman's name is first does that mean he is the leader?

FTR Crepés >>> cliché.

Nickmans the leader. The rest are hanger onerers. Kinda like destary was to shorten...
raiderskater
Jason Croker

Post by raiderskater »

:roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao :roflmao

Johno
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by Johno »

Stagtime wrote: April 29, 2018, 12:43 am Just got in to check the score after a arvo of drinking sangria and eating baby pig in Lisbon. Now all I need is Derby to take a point off Villa and it will be a great night of drinking coming up.
See the highlights off the Villa v Derby?

How lucky were Derby !!!!
Stagtime
David Shillington
Favourite Player: David Furner

Post by Stagtime »

Due for some luck, run out of legs after 3 games in a week.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

2018 Rd 8 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by gangrenous »

-TW- wrote:
raiderskater wrote:
And you did?
I’m definitely in the quiche. I can’t be in the cliche. I don’t go to the meetings.

It’s just me and T_R in the quiche. We’re so similar and always agree, it’s like we’re one person... so we made a quiche.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

gangrenous wrote:
-TW- wrote:
raiderskater wrote:
And you did?
I’m definitely in the quiche. I can’t be in the cliche. I don’t go to the meetings.

It’s just me and T_R in the quiche. We’re so similar and always agree, it’s like we’re one person... so we made a quiche.
Your shared love of haiku, for a start...
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

We're so similar
And always agree
We made a quiche

Sent from my SM-G955F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

And you did?
Who could ever forget that 1974 Western Division side which won the inaugural Amco Cup. Back then there was a mid-week Rugby League knock out comp with all of the Sydney teams and the Country divisional teams and Auckland and Ryde-Eastwood included. The Western Division side was coached by the great Johnny King (StGeorge winger who scored tries in 6 successive Grand Final wins) and included our own Terry Fahey as a young bloke and a balding 2nd rower called 'TV' Ted Ellery. They had a former International Center in Barry Rushworth and they would travel for a couple of training runs (because the players didn't know each other) and then play on the Wednesday night. It was great for Rugby League when this bunch of courageous 'nobodies' won it. They were real life 'Rocky's' before Stallone made his movie.
Sossman
David Furner

Post by Sossman »

Neeeegz wrote:
Schifty wrote: April 29, 2018, 10:45 pm
Sossman wrote:

FTR Crepés >>> cliché.

Nickmans the leader. The rest are hanger onerers. Kinda like destary was to shorten...
Obvious troll is obvious.

If you want to piss and moan about 'labor and the unions' go to the politics thread.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

I have been suitably rebuked, and will only keep my comments to that which I am qualified - the Cricket Thread, as I was in the same squads as players who represented Australia in test cricket for 7 years and another that top scored for PM XI against the West Indies.

My promise to you will last for approximately 5 seconds.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Full credit to Nickman for driving 17 hours to watch the raiders. Awesome stuff

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

dubby wrote: April 30, 2018, 8:05 am Full credit to Nickman for driving 17 hours to watch the raiders. Awesome stuff

I once crossed the road to see them play at WIN Stadium in Wollongong. Does that count?
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

And you did?

No one's heard of you, no one knows you, and no one **** cares either. You're a Neville Nobody like the rest of us, pal.
Back in your anonymous box, peanut.
Sossman
David Furner

Post by Sossman »

Pigman wrote:
No one's heard of you, no one knows you, and no one **** cares either. You're a Neville Nobody like the rest of us, pal.
Back in your anonymous box, peanut.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

dubby wrote: April 30, 2018, 8:05 am Full credit to Nickman for driving 17 hours to watch the raiders. Awesome stuff

So glad I did too. When the game kicked off I was sitting there thinking "what the hell am I doing here?"

At fulltime I was SO glad I'd driven up there, would've been FURIOUS with myself if I'd missed that.

Pretty bloody tired at work Monday morning though, I'll give you the tip.
scotchberry
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Post by scotchberry »

Johno wrote: April 29, 2018, 11:11 pm
Stagtime wrote: April 29, 2018, 12:43 am Just got in to check the score after a arvo of drinking sangria and eating baby pig in Lisbon. Now all I need is Derby to take a point off Villa and it will be a great night of drinking coming up.

Thankfully the draw had no result in the end to our table finishing position - time to get into Wembley mode :thumbsup
Johno
David Furner

Post by Johno »

scotchberry wrote: April 30, 2018, 9:46 am
Johno wrote: April 29, 2018, 11:11 pm

Thankfully the draw had no result in the end to our table finishing position - time to get into Wembley mode :thumbsup
Heres hoping!
Johno
David Furner

Post by Johno »

The Nickman wrote: April 30, 2018, 9:35 am

So glad I did too. When the game kicked off I was sitting there thinking "what the hell am I doing here?"

At fulltime I was SO glad I'd driven up there, would've been FURIOUS with myself if I'd missed that.

I salute you Nickman
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

To honour the massive effort Nickman made in driving for a long time here’s a special edition of pickmans Nickman.

I present Anna Avery Nickman

Your welcome.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

Johno wrote:
The Nickman wrote: April 30, 2018, 9:35 am

I salute you Nickman
Yep. Me too. Outstanding stuff.

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

I miss Pickman's Nickman... was probably my favourite segment ever

I think we'll all remember Nancy Nickman, the very first and still the best PN.
Last edited by The Nickman on April 30, 2018, 12:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

Im currently reading Kurt Fearnley's book, and it had a great quote in it form his coach. He got asked how he was able to be such a great coach of wheelchair racers when he had never been in a wheelchair. His response was 'as far as Im aware, Bart Cummins has never been a horse, but he's a pretty good trainer.'
Zip Zip
Ruben Wiki

Post by Zip Zip »

Full credit to the boys! What a great win. Defensive grit that is rarely seen from a Raiders team and in that humidity too. We should all be happy and proud of the lads!

The Cowboys had a huge weight of possession, countless attacking raids and an enormous number of tackles in our 20 and the boys continued to repel them.

That's the type of win that makes me even more frustrated when we lose silly matches. Hopefully this can instill some confidence in them and we can show that type of resolve on a consistent basis for the rest of the year.

After how many years of not being able to win a game scoring fewer than 20 points, we've now done it twice in a matter of weeks. Defence is how premierships are won and how good teams are defined, let's hope we can see more of it.
"Look sorry if that came across wrong, I was just referring to the jokes we were making about all the desperate guys who chase you. Hope to catch up some time, but if not best of luck with everything."
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

The Nickman wrote:I miss Pickman's Nickman... was probably my favourite segment ever

It was hard to top Nancy. It was also a shame that the faceless men of the GH banished amusing segments to a dark corner, never to see the light of day!
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

pickles wrote: April 30, 2018, 12:36 pm
The Nickman wrote:I miss Pickman's Nickman... was probably my favourite segment ever

It was hard to top Nancy. It was also a shame that the faceless men of the GH banished amusing segments to a dark corner, never to see the light of day!
And the team has suffered ever since. Coincidence??