Cowboys 13+
50%

Total votes: 18

Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Re: 2018 Rd 8 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by Canberra Milk »

Fox showed a quick glimpse of Ricky and the team doing the team song... probably the team just hasn't released it yet
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

Errors and penalties are still killing us. We got lucky in the game, but if we play like this against a top 6 side, we would get beaten well.

Ricky’s got to get on top this!

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
pickles
Ruben Wiki

Post by pickles »

It was ugly but we need to be able to win like that and very happy to see us win on the back of a defensive effort.

I also like hearing the players talk about their defence and how the middle needs to work hard to put pressure on the attack and help the outside defenders. It’s defence 101 but we finally seem to be getting it! The cowboysreally struggled to isolate defenders and it made a big difference.

Like Stuart said in the presser. Need to do it every week!
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

@raiderskater Sezer is a massive target at the moment. Every single kick he put in last night he was tackled - sometimes unnecessarily late. A half is going to get injured and then we'll have a knee-jerk reaction where they clamp down on tackling kickers.

Croker is fantastic at pulling a penalty. He must be averaging two per game. He does it really well these days.
Shoving it in your face since 2017
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Velda wrote: April 29, 2018, 9:46 am Where’s the team song???
Not recorded last night.
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by reptar »

pickles wrote:It was ugly but we need to be able to win like that and very happy to see us win on the back of a defensive effort.

I also like hearing the players talk about their defence and how the middle needs to work hard to put pressure on the attack and help the outside defenders. It’s defence 101 but we finally seem to be getting it! The cowboysreally struggled to isolate defenders and it made a big difference.

Like Stuart said in the presser. Need to do it every week!
agree but needs more pickman's Nickman!
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

gergreg wrote:@raiderskater Sezer is a massive target at the moment. Every single kick he put in last night he was tackled - sometimes unnecessarily late. A half is going to get injured and then we'll have a knee-jerk reaction where they clamp down on tackling kickers.

Croker is fantastic at pulling a penalty. He must be averaging two per game. He does it really well these days.
I wish he'd get one for being run off the ball in a kick chase
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

gergreg wrote: April 29, 2018, 11:04 am @raiderskater Sezer is a massive target at the moment. Every single kick he put in last night he was tackled - sometimes unnecessarily late. A half is going to get injured and then we'll have a knee-jerk reaction where they clamp down on tackling kickers.

That was what I thought I saw and I'm glad somebody agrees with me. I'd say that if the roles were reversed - if we'd been doing that to Thurston - it would have been penalty central. But I'm worried that Sezer will get badly hurt before something happens.

He must average two per game but he probably deserves more. On at least one chase last night he was shoved right off the chase, to the point he was left sprawling over the sideline. Of course there was no penalty. I noticed at least one flog calling him a whinger in this thread but seriously, the guy spent 10 minutes in the sin bin last week for a "tackled without the ball" call but he gets pushed off/made contact with/tackled without the ball so many times and there's never a penalty for it. I'm not surprised he's mad about it!
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

greeneyed wrote: April 29, 2018, 11:07 am
Velda wrote: April 29, 2018, 9:46 am Where’s the team song???
Not recorded last night.
waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat!

Well there goes my Sunday.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Pete Cash
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by Pete Cash »

Yeah sezer is being roughed up pretty bad. Cant fault the toughness of the bloke cause he doesn't shirk work in defense either.

Very happy with our gritty defense. Sezer and tapine in particular stood out. Tapine tackled himself into the ground. He looked stuffed at the end of the game. Sezer really put his body on the line at times.

Rapana was outstanding but the entire backline was great. Wighton has his downsides at fullback but he is so good at stopping a bloke in the open.

Also papalii looks quite motivated at lock.

So yeah ugly as hell and against a side in bad form but stuff we can build on.
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

RedRaider wrote:Mission accomplished - 2 competition points in the bank. Defence was good by the Raiders tonight with Sezer and Jack producing try savers. Our attack was based around a lot of dummy half running and Rapa, Cotric and Jack made lots of meters tonight. Similarly with our tries, Papa got a reverse pass from dummy half Havili to power over. Havili scored from dummy half and Sezer took on the line and went under Morgan for the try. Boyd covered a lot of ground laterally in defence as did Tapine who had a good all round game once again. The side can't do anymore than win and that they did. Congratulations to the Raiders.

It must be said though, that the Cowboys are playing like their ladder position suggests. We have six competition points - all against 2018 bottom feeders. We have another one next week against the Titans before a grudge match against the Sharks and then the Dragons in Round 11. We will know more about how we are travelling once we have played the competition front runners.
Red, we're a side short of confidence and form. We just had a win in TVL , our first in 12 years, a week after playing horrid footy with numerous off field distractions.

For Pete's sake, enjoy the win

We are not in the form of the top teams, nor have their confidence. No one suggests otherwise. You play what's on front of you, and despite some sloppy handling we ground out a win.

Today, that's good enough for me

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

And good enough for me too..
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

2018 Rd 8 V Cowboys: Game Day

Post by The Nickman »

Just got home from Townsville, it was absolutely worth the seventeen hours of driving to watch the Raiders win in Townsville live for the first time. And boy I’ve seen some soul crushing defeats by the boys up there in my life. Good to catch up with Fergus too both of the nights

And full credit to Ricky and the boys. I don’t know what he did to get them up last night, but he needs to somehow bottle it and they need to put in that sort of effort every week.

We dropped a lot of ball and we gave away too many penalties, but we won the game on defence. And that’s deeply satisfying. In fact more satisfying that a 34-24 win in an absolute slapfight in my opinion
Stagtime
David Shillington
Favourite Player: David Furner

Post by Stagtime »

Raiders Lim! wrote: April 29, 2018, 9:27 am
Walter wrote:
Stagtime wrote:Just got in to check the score after a arvo of drinking sangria and eating baby pig in Lisbon. Now all I need is Derby to take a point off Villa and it will be a great night of drinking coming up.
Well watch out Lisbon!

Retracing Dave Taylor’s Toronto Wolfpack footsteps? Image

Great spot Lisbon! I think I watched the Titans game from a brunch spot there last year. Miss those SuperBocks Image

Stagtime
David Shillington
Favourite Player: David Furner

Post by Stagtime »

2 euro for a litre stubbie of SuperBock, what’s not to like! Back to London tomorrow have to settle for “spoons” pints again!
Last edited by Stagtime on April 29, 2018, 6:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Northern Raider wrote: April 28, 2018, 9:55 pm
Pigman wrote: April 28, 2018, 9:44 pm
kiwi raider wrote: April 28, 2018, 9:40 pm Yea that video ref decision had me worried but anyone with any sort of brains knew that was 100% a try. Thankfully the video ref worked it out that it was basically impossible for it to not be grounded and overturned the decision
It was a try. I feel 95% confident in that but to say there was conclusive evidence to over turn.. tough
Right call was made in the end by the spirit, but one of those calls no one ever remembers we get hah
The onfield calls are really for the 50/50 calls. Yes, Havili try was probably 95% certain but the onfield call is not to be supported if there’s 5% doubt. We saw that Perenara got it wrong for both Havili and Croker tries. You can’t go with a ref who’s having a guess on the outcome.
I agree, but the rule is not written or supposed to be interpreted that way. Im glad they do generally take this common sense approach with calls like this... but again, in context, the rule states it should have been disallowed as no conclusive evidence showed a grounding. And had that been a Cowboys try, im certain that's the exact line of posting i'd be reading in this thread.
El_Capitano
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by El_Capitano »

Ok, Ricky actually used the bench well, the minutes were almost spot on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How soon IS now?
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

Not that anyone gives a ****. But these are my ratings. I was impressed by their defensive effort, but if a few of Thurstons kicks were spot on, it would of been a different game.
Jack - solid, good positioning, good running game. Been playing well this year
Cotric - good game, safe, not standing out as much this year, but is a first grader at 19. Impressive.
Croker - seems to try and play the refs too much instead of playing the whistle - still going ok this year, defence improved last night
BJ - plays with a bit of heart and does get us on the front foot at times..pass mark so far.
Rapana - meter eater, needs whitehead back on the right to give the duo quality ball. Tries hard every game
Austin - up and down, when he cares about winning, we play well and he wanted to win last night.
Sezer - tough as nails. I've noticed even in our **** games this year, he want to win and tries hard every game. Not his fault the forwards have been average. Give him room and he is a good player, like all teams
Sia - talk about motivation ? Why does a pack need motivating ? Yes he leads the line, goes hard, and made mistakes last night, never gives up
Havali - looked based af last night, but he is a machine that can play 13 also, glad he got some big minutes finally
Paulo - slopy as hell and still does not look fit or like he has any intent. I would drop him
Whitehead - gives his all every game, was a revelation at lock in 2017 and that should be his spot
Tapine - going well, getting hurt which says to me his body is not right for FG, should play on the left
Papalli - looks like he has some go about him finally, id say he has dropped another 5kg in the last two weeks and is close to his perfect playing weight.... After 7 rounds finally.
Higano - id like to see him at 6, seems to have a lot of time like a Jason smith type player worth persisting with for sure
Lui - great year so far, great energy and has surprised me
Bateman - solid this year too, not a game breaker, but has been good enough for a BENCH spot
Boyd - lacking some mongrel, love the big man and hope he gets it back soon.
The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Ummm, those aren’t actually ratings, Neeeegz
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

They are my ratings. It doesn't need a figure like how far id shoot them out of a cannon old nickoman, or is that a prerequisite of posting on here ? Maybe some people out of the clichéd group could pm me some tips since you all get it right every time ? Lol cheers
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

The moment you disagree with someone you're in this imaginary clique .

Yeah righto
LastRaider
John Ferguson

Post by LastRaider »

The Nickman wrote:Ummm, those aren’t actually ratings, Neeeegz
I think he mean’t player reviews

The Nickman
Mal Meninga

Post by The Nickman »

Neeeegz wrote:They are my ratings. It doesn't need a figure like how far id shoot them out of a cannon old nickoman, or is that a prerequisite of posting on here ? Maybe some people out of the clichéd group could pm me some tips since you all get it right every time ? Lol cheers
Meeeoowwwwww!
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

You're in the cliché TW. Tell me what I'm doing wrong please ? You sound like a friggen politician when I see you post, so I don't really give a **** what you say... Move on wanker
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Neeeegz wrote:You're in the cliché TW. Tell me what I'm doing wrong please ? You sound like a friggen politician when I see you post, so I don't really give a **** what you say...Move on wanker
Maybe not contradict yourself.. flog
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Let's not throw personal insults, thanks.

Am I part of a clique? I've always wanted to be part of a clique!
Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Sossman »

Neeeegz wrote:You're in the cliché TW. Tell me what I'm doing wrong please ? You sound like a friggen politician when I see you post, so I don't really give a **** what you say... Move on wanker
Chill Neeegz, there aren't many people in the Crèche.

I'm pretty sure it's only Nickman, Schifty, Dr Zaius, David90210, T_R, TW, KW, Greeneyed, Green Peen Mick, Manbush, Reptar, Gangrenous, Michael and Woodgers.

Maybe you can make your own Crepés?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

I'm anti-clique but only because I'm not in one
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Reptar... you're in my red wine and cheese platter clique.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

greeneyed wrote:Reptar... you're in my red wine and cheese platter clique.
Well, yes! But i prefer to think of that as an exclusive club, rather than a mere clique.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

reptar wrote: April 29, 2018, 9:54 pm
greeneyed wrote:Reptar... you're in my red wine and cheese platter clique.
Well, yes! But i prefer to think of that as an exclusive club, rather than a mere clique.
Why don't the people who run this site have a LIKE button?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

reptar wrote:I'm anti-clique but only because I'm not in one
Anti clique clique club?
Neeeegz
John Ferguson

Post by Neeeegz »

Christ, no wonder my mates don't even take the piss out of me about the raiders anymore, fans like you cliché loving mofos, it is embarrassing... Id love to know how many actually played footy beyond under 16s...and still experts
Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Sossman »

Neeeegz wrote:Christ, no wonder my mates don't even take the piss out of me about the raiders anymore, fans like you cliché loving mofos, it is embarrassing... Id love to know how many actually played footy beyond under 16s...and still experts
I haven't played league at all.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.