You know it
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Re: 2018 Rd 8 V Cowboys: Teams and Previews *Teams p1*

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

Raiders_Pat wrote: April 27, 2018, 3:23 pm
reptar wrote: April 27, 2018, 12:57 pm
If we were 2% behind the opposition, it'd be worth looking at closely. I don't think it'll make up the 25%, though.
Exactly lol it's impossible to take anything these guys say seriously anymore. I defended Ricky for a long time but it's becoming more and more apparent that he really has no **** idea.
Amen to that.....it's SSDD
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

MrMilk wrote: April 24, 2018, 10:00 pm The reaction on the GH to this team list has been surprisingly calm so far...
hahah it's absolutely comical. You'd think the cows were winning the comp, they're on the same amount of points as us. All of a sudden BA is the worst player to have pulled on a boot. Do people honestly think Hingano would be that much of an improvement on Austin at 5/8? Btw the cows halfback isn't exactly a gun defender either.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

I don't think Hingano would be much improvement on Austin at five eighth, quite possibly not as good.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Hazza »

greeneyed wrote: April 28, 2018, 10:07 am I don't think Hingano would be much improvement on Austin at five eighth, quite possibly not as good.
Some people don't seem to get that you only drop someone if you're improving the team with his replacement.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Hazza wrote: April 28, 2018, 10:21 am
greeneyed wrote: April 28, 2018, 10:07 am I don't think Hingano would be much improvement on Austin at five eighth, quite possibly not as good.
Some people don't seem to get that you only drop someone if you're improving the team with his replacement.
And what's that saying to Brake Austin ?

Keep stinking it up Brake you won't be dropped until Williams is ready.

Geeeeeeez.

I don't want to sit around and watch Brake miss another 1000 tackles.
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Hazza »

-PJ- wrote: April 28, 2018, 10:33 am

Geeeeeeez.

I get that. The reality is we're **** either way though yeah?
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Hazza wrote: April 28, 2018, 11:03 am
-PJ- wrote: April 28, 2018, 10:33 am

Geeeeeeez.

I get that. The reality is we're **** either way though yeah?
Yep..

I'm guessing you're going to the game or will be watching.

Tumorlolo will run over Brake for fun..that's right..for fun.
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

Hingano is an International Half Back being played out of position. Give him a run in his true position and see how he goes. Sezer to 6. Hingano's international partner in 9. Put them in the positions they have had success at in the last World Cup. Why on earth would a coach not do that. Austin is a defensive liability who should not be in the side on current form imo.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

We don’t actually know that though do we? What we do know is Blake Austin Has let in about 25 tries over the last season and a bit, bout time we found out if Hingano is any better, i’m Certain he will be an improvement defensively at least,
He was good on D for the warriors last year when playing in the halves even if
His attack was fairly average(so is blakes btw)
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

RedRaider wrote: Hingano is an International Half Back being played out of position.
I’m sick of hearing how X is an international when they play for pretty well anyone other than Australia.

How many internationals have the Raiders got? I’m an international quality half back for some of these countries...
The Nickman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Hodgo

Post by The Nickman »

I personally wouldn’t be upset for a last minute smokescreen of Oldbeard in, Cotric to fullback, Wighton to five-eighth, Austin out of a cannon
dubby
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by dubby »

Brake

I'd seriously play Nickman at 6 instead of Brake. At least Nickman gives a damn.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
zim
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: NRL: Joseph Tapine
NRLW: Grace Kemp

Post by zim »

You won't know if it's improving the team until you've seen Hingano in the role for a few games. He's played his best footy by far in the play making role.

I'd rather an attitude of holding the starting side accountable. Regardless of who you've got to bring in there should always be the threat of being dropped if you are not performing at a first grade standard.
Decide whether a player should be in the starting side or not, then figure out what you've got to work with. Generally it's about changing the attitude of the player with the higher ceiling, not replacing them for the whole year. Austin's had more than enough time to get it together.
Last edited by zim on April 28, 2018, 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

greeneyed wrote:I don't think Hingano would be much improvement on Austin at five eighth, quite possibly not as good.
Much for a muchness, Fergus.

I'm not a Hingano fan at all. But Blake (Brake) is in awful form at the moment and deserves to be Sideshow Luke Perry'd repeatedly

The spiral of silence refers to the idea that when people fail to speak, the price of speaking rises. As the price to speak rises, still fewer speak out, which further causes the price to rise, so that fewer people yet will speak out, until a whole culture or nation is silenced. This is what happened in Germany.

If you do not speak, you are not being neutral, but are contributing to the success of the thing you refuse to name and condemn.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

dubby wrote: April 28, 2018, 2:52 pm Brake Image

I'd seriously play Nickman at 6 instead of Brake. At least Nickman gives a damn.

Brake is struggling big time but Nockman ain't the answer...
dubby
Don Furner

Post by dubby »

I reckon he could defend better.

Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan

Post by Hazza »

Still waiting for the bit where Lolo runs over Austin and we lose by 40. Get that up ya's ya negative pricks. GO U RAIDERS!!
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

Ilanraiders wrote: April 24, 2018, 8:43 pm I’m staying positive for this game because it is the only time I get too see the Raiders play live all year. Too much doubt and negativity on here atm... so I will stay off until after the game. Have a little Faith... Go the Raiders!!
:hmmm :hmmm :hmmm Go the Raiders!!!! Bleed Green. :thumbsup Faith is things hoped for and unseen. Bleed Green!!!!!!
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

gangrenous wrote: April 28, 2018, 12:23 pm
RedRaider wrote: Hingano is an International Half Back being played out of position.
I’m sick of hearing how X is an international when they play for pretty well anyone other than Australia.

How many internationals have the Raiders got? I’m an international quality half back for some of these countries...
Were you not impressed by his performances for Tonga in last years World Cup where they made it to the semi final against England only to be controversially knocked out when Matt Cecchin refused to go to the video ref in the last minute of play?
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

Didn’t watch it.

I’ll judge him on what he does in the NRL.