The Jarrod Croker binning

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

papabear
Steve Walters

The Jarrod Croker binning

Post by papabear »

Not blaming refs at all for the loss, the bunnies played well and were too good whilst we were lifeless, if soliola doesnt spark our middle no one does.

It just seemed to me he got off sent off by anticipation without actually holding on to long.

The ref thought he would and sent him before he actually held on for too long slowing down the ptb.

Anyone got any vision?

Also thought it was rough burgess stayed on the field.
edwahu

Re: The Jarrod Crocker Binning

Post by edwahu »

Well played on the title.
CJ42
Laurie Daley

Post by CJ42 »

He touched the arm before he had the ball and that was enough apparently. Soft ruling.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Master Bateman

Post by LP Raider »

Someone else was binned this round for something similar.

Our defence, I'll give it a good grief.
WorkChoice
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

I suspect that the refs were confused by the fact that he actually made a tackle
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

Why wasn't Inglis binned for throwing the ball away after Souths had given away a 3rd penalty in a row?
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Dr Zaius
Mal Meninga

Post by Dr Zaius »

reptar wrote: April 21, 2018, 5:26 pm Why wasn't Inglis binned for throwing the ball away after Souths had given away a 3rd penalty in a row?
Because he didn't tackle someone just after they caught the ball. Duh!
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Dr Zaius wrote:
reptar wrote: April 21, 2018, 5:26 pm Why wasn't Inglis binned for throwing the ball away after Souths had given away a 3rd penalty in a row?
Because he didn't tackle someone just after they caught the ball. Duh!
Of course! My bad!
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

The Jarrod Croker binning was disgusting. Was not even a penalty, let alone a binning.
Lucy
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Tarps

Post by Lucy »

I thought Jason Crocker had a barry of a game. He spent more time whinging than playing. He deserved to be sent to the bin for carrying on like a doofus at the ref all game. He would have been better off walking off the field, slapping Ricky in the face with his handbag and telling his girlfriends to follow him to the bathroom so they can whinge about how the Rabbitohs EDIT.

*Big Joe Tapine excluded.
Last edited by greeneyed on April 21, 2018, 7:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Inappropriate comment for the forum
Sossman
David Furner
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by Sossman »

Probably was a penalty (albeit a soft one) but definitely not worth 10 in the bin.

We would have lost today even if the refs were on our side, but boy didn't they rub salt into the wounds.
4 Time Boogs Award Winner.

Get tested for VIKING CLAP today. https://www.health.act.gov.au/hospitals ... lth-centre.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Nah, refs were okay I thought. Just the usual couple of things I'd like explained, but the decisions seemed fair enough. Croker did deserve a penalty against him for that.
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

Captain Punish wrote:I thought Jason Crocker had a barry of a game. He spent more time whinging than playing. He deserved to be sent to the bin for carrying on like a doofus at the ref all game. He would have been better off walking off the field, slapping Ricky in the face with his handbag and telling his girlfriends to follow him to the bathroom so they can whinge about how the Rabbitohs manhandled their vaginas.

*Big Joe Tapine excluded.
Your a few years to late on this attack on jason mate Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
greeneyed
Don Furner

Re: The Jarrod Crocker binning

Post by greeneyed »

When I saw it live, I wasn't at all surprised he was binned. Fair call from the referee, even if it was on the tough side... no point complaining about it. None whatsoever. That loss was entirely on the team and coaches.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

What are you smoking ge?
Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Post by Makaveli »

Jarrod Crocker

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Didn't help him that Cotric was calling for him to be binned so that he had a chance to see the ball for 10 minutes.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

gangrenous wrote: April 21, 2018, 7:56 pm What are you smoking ge?
Nothing. Spending time talking about refereeing decisions absolves the club from accountability for the poor performance. There were some reasons why the Raiders were flogged today... and it had nothing to do with a single refereeing decision. Yet all we heard in the press conference were comments about refereeing decisions. It is a culture which doesn't encourage accountability... even if we add, "it's no excuse"... just talking about it is an "excuse".... there should be no discussion of it. The comments at a press conference should be about where the Raiders need to improve... because there's lots of scope for it, and I didn't hear a thing about it tonight. The club supporters deserve a better explanation than we heard tonight.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

The Jarrod Crocker binning

Post by gangrenous »

I don’t have a problem with that. Yep, there are big problems at the Raiders, and the lack of anyone with a strategic brain seems the biggest.

But that doesn’t mean that Was sin bin worthy. No way. Crazy talk. Absolute Barry Croker of a decision.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Gangers i blame you for not having bonus haiku this week!
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

A penalty was questionable. Sin bin was straight out wrong.

Wasn’t a factor in the result though. Comprehensible outplayed today.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart

Post by LP Raider »

How about we were comprehensively outplayed.

The sin bin was a product of that.
WorkChoice
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Nick Cotric

Post by Woodgers »

greeneyed wrote: April 21, 2018, 8:12 pm
Nothing. Spending time talking about refereeing decisions absolves the club from accountability for the poor performance. There were some reasons why the Raiders were flogged today... and it had nothing to do with a single refereeing decision. Yet all we heard in the press conference were comments about refereeing decisions. It is a culture which doesn't encourage accountability... even if we add, "it's no excuse"... just talking about it is an "excuse".... there should be no discussion of it. The comments at a press conference should be about where the Raiders need to improve... because there's lots of scope for it, and I didn't hear a thing about it tonight. The club supporters deserve a better explanation than we heard tonight.
GE...Please. Did you spend all arvo with Nickman and Pigman? Agree absolutely 100% on the accountability and whatever else, you won't get an argument (see my comments in the Game Day thread). But after the decisions you've blown up about over the years, this is right up there. As the break is made Croker has contact with the support player which happens as it is a contact sport but he doesn't pull him back or tackle him. But when the ball is passed and received and what Croker does, there is no way it is even a penalty. It's a clanger from any angle. I watched the game with a Tigers fan who thought it was absurd. If Croker had the minerals he should have blown a gasket and blasted the ref, he was already in the bin and he wasn't going to be sent.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde

Post by Woodgers »

LP Raider wrote: April 21, 2018, 8:38 pm How about we were comprehensively outplayed.

LP - love your posts mate.

Agree we were comprehensively outplayed and I have no excuses at all. But that doesn't mean the sin bin wasn't a disgrace. The incident within the 80 minutes was incorrect, it's fair to call it as such.
We continue to **** about with blokes that are part of some fraternity. It's infuriating.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart

Post by LP Raider »

Woodgers wrote: April 21, 2018, 8:49 pm
LP Raider wrote: April 21, 2018, 8:38 pm How about we were comprehensively outplayed.

LP - love your posts mate.

Agree we were comprehensively outplayed and I have no excuses at all. But that doesn't mean the sin bin wasn't a disgrace. The incident within the 80 minutes was incorrect, it's fair to call it as such.
Mate not as articulate as some of you, would love it if you posted more often.

I come here to read comments tbh, yourself, Pig, Rodman, Michael, Bay...the list goes on. I'm always entertained, there is always a lot of thought and effort in peoples post and as a supporter of this forum I appreciate it.
WorkChoice
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

I am in the 'harsh call' camp. Support players are often bumped by defenders and that doesn't rate a penalty let alone a sin bin. It wasn't as if the Souths player was tackled/bumped to the ground as Croker was in a number of his kick chases. The Raiders were already behind in the match and came out after half time with some renewed vigour. Then JC was sent to the bin and Souths scored a number of times while he was while he was in the bin. The decision was a factor in Souths being able to extend their lead. I find it amazing that this innocuous action warranted time in the bin when deliberate contact with the head (Burgess on Bateman, S.Burgess on Sezer) did not.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

reptar wrote:Gangers i blame you for not having bonus haiku this week!
First live game for me this season and I really only have myself to blame.

Had a lovely day though. Beautiful weather. Expected to lose so it didn’t hurt so bad.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

It was a laughable decision. If it was Billy Slater or Johnathan Thurston no chance they go to the bin.

But I also agree with GE - we were just plain soft today and no ref decisions cost us.
LP Raider
Ricky Stuart

Post by LP Raider »

RR, its something the NRL are looking at. Someone else has been binned this round(not sure of the game)for something similar. The facts are they had just made another line break.

If you are playing this bad you are not going to get the calls, the refs have to make a call and in all honesty with the run of play I'm happy with it.
WorkChoice
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Latrell Mitchell in the Roosters game
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

LP Raider wrote:RR, its something the NRL are looking at. Someone else has been binned this round(not sure of the game)for something similar. The facts are they had just made another line break.

If you are playing this bad you are not going to get the calls, the refs have to make a call and in all honesty with the run of play I'm happy with it.
The NRL refs are pretty good at lending a hand to self-fulfilling prophecies with the way they treat certain teams though.
T_R
Don Furner

Post by T_R »

It had absolutely no impact on the result.

It was a ridiculous call.

Son, we live in a world that has forums, and those forums have to be guarded by Mods. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Nickman? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Lucy, and you curse GE. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know -- that GE’s moderation, while tragic, probably saved lives; and my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, keeps threads on track and under the appropriately sized, highlighted green headings.
You want moderation because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want me on that forum -- you need me on that forum. We use words like "stay on topic," "use the appropriate forum," "please delete." We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very moderation that I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather that you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest you get a green handle and edit a post. Either way, I don't give a DAMN what you think about moderation.
Woodgers
Bradley Clyde

Post by Woodgers »

LP Raider wrote: April 21, 2018, 9:34 pm RR, its something the NRL are looking at. Someone else has been binned this round(not sure of the game)for something similar. The facts are they had just made another line break.

Mate the NRL has lost the plot on the sin binning this year, it's becoming a thing. Last week Bateman got binned because they wanted to square it up, the tackle they pinned him for was absurd, he layed on the tackled player for less than 80% of the tackles in that game but they felt they had to even up the penalties and sin binings so they sent him. It wasn't right at all. It didn't affect the result but the refs knew that so their stats aligned. It is out of control as far as i'm concerned.

What I want to say about the Croker one is don't worry about the run of play of any of that other BS. It's totally irrelevant. What is relevant is what actually occurred and it isn't a sin bin since the game was invented. If he tackles the lad before he receives the ball then we take our medicine but that's not the case. Our player went to the bin for tackling off the ball when it wasn't. That's the start and the end of the debate, everything outside that is noise.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I saw raiderskater refer to it as a “Garbage” binning. That seems perfect.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Woodgers wrote: April 21, 2018, 8:46 pm
greeneyed wrote: April 21, 2018, 8:12 pm
GE...Please. Did you spend all arvo with Nickman and Pigman? Agree absolutely 100% on the accountability and whatever else, you won't get an argument (see my comments in the Game Day thread). But after the decisions you've blown up about over the years, this is right up there. As the break is made Croker has contact with the support player which happens as it is a contact sport but he doesn't pull him back or tackle him. But when the ball is passed and received and what Croker does, there is no way it is even a penalty. It's a clanger from any angle. I watched the game with a Tigers fan who thought it was absurd. If Croker had the minerals he should have blown a gasket and blasted the ref, he was already in the bin and he wasn't going to be sent.
No I spent all afternoon surrounded by 14,000 Rabbitohs fans in delerium, and I was watching a completely embarrassing performance being dished up yet again by my team. The culture of accountablity at our club is very poor. And I'm tired. I spend a lot of time and effort supporting the club, but performance is just not up to the mark and it has been going on for almost a quarter of a century. We have the longest premiership drought in the league, apart from the Eels. And they at least have made a Grand Final since our last premiership. Only we and the Titans have failed to make a decider since 1994. I'm tired, I'm dispirited, I'm despondent and can't see any way out of the mess.