Eels 13+
No votes

Total votes: 14

Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: 2018 Rd 6 V Eels: Game Day

Post by Schifty »

GH V 1.0 in 2005 which was made on proboards was better organised than that mess..
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Spewing we won!! Would have been so much better for the club if we got flogged 😂😂😂 booo Ricky!
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

Go the Raiders!!!
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

irvste wrote:Hoping to wake up to news of a win.. In Vegas first home game I've missed for years
I'm in San Diego, nice score to wake up to

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Gallery: Canberra Raiders V Parramatta Eels: https://www.pinterest.com.au/theghraiders/pins/
RedRaider
Laurie Daley

Post by RedRaider »

greeneyed wrote: April 15, 2018, 12:21 am
Schifty wrote: April 14, 2018, 10:52 pm IS there an eels forum equivalent of the GH where people can view and partake in some schadenfreude ?

Manbush- IM looking at you to know this.
http://www.1eyedeel.com/
I just had a look at that site. Some are blaming this years jersey for the Eels results this year :shock: :? and they are serious about it
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

Billy Walker wrote: April 14, 2018, 9:38 pm Tell me if I drunk and dribbling here but I got say Bateman wasn't horrible tonight- apart from the sin bin he had a fair game...
Bateman did what he always does. Fantastic defender. He's the go to man to bag when we lose with some people but not 1 of our losses had anything to do with him.
Hazza
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Adam Clydesdale

Post by Hazza »

Begbie wrote: April 14, 2018, 9:32 pm
Sid wrote: April 14, 2018, 9:27 pm Dally M points
3. Bevan French
2. Hingano
I actually feel sorry for Bevan. Won a first try scorer bet with him last year, and can be really elusive, but offered nothing at all tonight. Nothing.
Feel sorry for him? **** Bevan
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Geez I'm glad I don't have to be smashed around by Tapine and Papalii.

Another good win, the defence has been great the last two weeks.

Watch out Wabbits..you are next..

And what's this 3 penalties in a row and must use the sin bin rubbish ?
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

-PJ- wrote:Geez I'm glad I don't have to be smashed around by Tapine and Papalii.

I like it, in the past the Sharks and Storm clearly used it as a goal line tactic. Give away a penalty and reset your defensive line.

It would make more sense if it was a 5min sin bin but that is something to look at in the off season.
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

I thought the sin bin was harsh on Bateman, seemed to get up relatively quickly imo, however as a team we probably deserved a sin bin checchin just chose the wrong tackle/player
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

RTW wrote: April 15, 2018, 7:15 am
-PJ- wrote:Geez I'm glad I don't have to be smashed around by Tapine and Papalii.

I like it, in the past the Sharks and Storm clearly used it as a goal line tactic. Give away a penalty and reset your defensive line.

It would make more sense if it was a 5min sin bin but that is something to look at in the off season.
A quick tap allowed in the 10 should stop all these goal line penalties.
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

Very happy with that performance. Weather was rubbish and the gusting winds and rain would have made it very difficult for everyone. We showed maturity and concentration with the ball and grit and determination in defence.

That being said, the Eels and Dogs aren't strong sides. Their halves suck under pressure and we did well to keep them under pressure. We are going to need to step it up a level next week as the Bunnies are starting to find their groove.
yeh raiders
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Jack Wighton

Post by yeh raiders »

Schifty wrote: April 15, 2018, 12:41 am
greeneyed wrote: April 15, 2018, 12:33 am
Schifty wrote: April 15, 2018, 12:22 am
Schifty wrote: April 14, 2018, 10:52 pm IS there an eels forum equivalent of the GH where people can view and partake in some schadenfreude ?

Is there a version of the page that wasn't built using 1999 software?
No. They actually have had the hide to criticise The GH's layout, calling us "old fashioned".
Seriously?

They have an option to sign up using your yahoo account :lol:

ALSO EVERY TOPIC NAME IS IN CAPS

p.s. they probably tell everyone they have a #1 Alta Vista search ranking..
Haha I just had a quick look on there, their forum is an absolute shambles.

And someone just referred to the team looking like “plugged ducks”
Green_Hammock
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Rapana, Campese

Post by Green_Hammock »

Was at the game and most impressed that 12,000+ other people made it out in that terrible weather as well.

Great to get another win!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

LastRaider
John Ferguson

2018 Rd 6 V Eels: Game Day

Post by LastRaider »

Good win, defense was NRL standard, just a couple of brain farts from BJ and Austin tonight. I’m just loving Lui at the moment. Soon as he came on, just bought so much impact and enthusiasm. The bench was strong tonight, like to see Garvey come in as 14 to see what he can offer. Hingano is not suited at hooker

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
KingDynamite
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Jordan Rapana

Post by KingDynamite »

Agreed @LastRaider I think we were losing momentum until Lui came on and took some fantastic hit ups. It brought energy back to our middle third.

The bench was strong Hingano aside. I don’t think he is suited to that role and would much prefer to see Garvey.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Wonder who came with that? Surprised the URL wasn't taken by some website for guys to post pics of their EDIT.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Northern Raider wrote:

Wonder who came with that? Surprised the URL wasn't taken by some website for guys to post pics of their EDIT.
perhaps it was and they're playing the long game...
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Looks like they are getting stuck into Corey Norman now. Understandable considering he's playing like he doesn't want to be there. What should be more of a concern is Mitch Moses putting in and still playing horrible. Won't take too much longer before they recognise that he's an over rated hack. Tigers realised he wasn't worth the coin and let him walk.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
scotchberry
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Post by scotchberry »

edwahu wrote: April 14, 2018, 8:07 pm Thats an all time bad play by the Eels. Cant remembee many worse.
I’m glad you have forgotten Raiders 2017 :cry:
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki

Post by Raiders666 »

We should sack Ricky and get Brad Athur ASAP!!! man he is an incredible coach.... :roflmao
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga

Raiders666 wrote: April 15, 2018, 10:07 am We should sack Ricky and get Brad Athur ASAP!!! man he is an incredible coach.... :roflmao
Arthur was widely tipped as coach of the year in 2017. Sticky got that award on 2016. :doubt:
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

So just watching the replay now... Jack certainly seemed in pretty good position for most of those kicks- first half especially...
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

Surprised to see Austin get so many player of the year votes. It was a good dummy but only worked because Sezer saw they were short.

Not to say I didn't think Austin played well. That was a much better performance.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

BadnMean wrote:So just watching the replay now... Jack certainly seemed in pretty good position for most of those kicks- first half especially...
It's amazing what not having to be in 3 places at once can do!
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

yeh raiders wrote: April 14, 2018, 10:25 pm Would also be nice if Croker at least shaped to pass to his winger every now and then.
I see this criticism a lot and to me it rarely makes sense. Seems like Croker is damned when he does pass and damned when he doesn't. A lot of occasions last night if he passed Cotric would have been straight over the sideline, and then you'd be complaining about that. Maybe Croker is still burned by the years of having Butterfingers Lee outside him. He just seems cautious, that's all.

I don't think I could pick a player that was bad last night. Everyone put in and that's what I love to see most. Not like Parra where they had an awful lot of clean jerseys. Can you imagine Rapana going 75 minutes without a run or tackle? Hahahahahah!

I thought Wighton was really excellent. It was gross conditions for a fullback to be taking bombs and he just never looked in trouble at all. Cotric a little quiet but solid, another good solid game for Croker, outplayed Jennings by a mile (but watch Jennings get picked for Origin again). Leilua and Rapana were also pretty good, Leilua's settled down a bit and I like that better. If I was the other team I would just be eternally nervous to see Rapana sniffing around.

The halves were really good, Sezer is just brilliant at the moment and I liked the combination with Austin, Austin seemed happy enough to let Sezer call the shots and run around a lot. They were making some really good shapes in the second half, too. Probably we took the ball away from Sezer a bit too much in the second half, but that's something we can correct quite easily.

Havili was impressive, I'd say that's one of his best games for us if not the best, he had good service and every time he decided to run he looked dangerous. All of the forwards were very good. I've always been a proponent of Lui and Bateman but even I've been gobsmacked over how damn good they've been this season. Lui is giving us energy and Bateman just throws himself at the line. Paulo started slow but he really got a roll on, Boyd made some good strong runs, I thought Papa looked stronger too. And Soliola was just brilliant. Even in the 78th minute he was racing up and making three tackles in a row like it was the 2nd minute. Tapine had beast mode engaged all night long and looked incredible. Probably Whitehead was the quietest of the group, but he was solid in defence and didn't make any errors.

I refuse to judge Hingano as a player while he's being played out of position, so I don't have a lot to say about him. I hope Ricky puts him in at Mounties as a half instead of playing him from the bench as a hooker. It seems daft to me.

Now I'm going to watch it again. :D
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

Northern Raider wrote: April 15, 2018, 9:49 am Looks like they are getting stuck into Corey Norman now. Understandable considering he's playing like he doesn't want to be there. What should be more of a concern is Mitch Moses putting in and still playing horrible. Won't take too much longer before they recognise that he's an over rated hack. Tigers realised he wasn't worth the coin and let him walk.
Its amazing how much he is talked up by all the pundits on tv and then given all the excuses and leeway for his poor performances. It is as if he is the chosen one.
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

Austin was back on the right- the side where is step and dummy actually make sense since it's always right foot.

Agree with everything RaiderSkater- just halfway through watching the replay myself!
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

Begbie wrote: April 15, 2018, 11:38 am
Northern Raider wrote: April 15, 2018, 9:49 am Looks like they are getting stuck into Corey Norman now. Understandable considering he's playing like he doesn't want to be there. What should be more of a concern is Mitch Moses putting in and still playing horrible. Won't take too much longer before they recognise that he's an over rated hack. Tigers realised he wasn't worth the coin and let him walk.
Its amazing how much he is talked up by all the pundits on tv and then given all the excuses and leeway for his poor performances. It is as if he is the chosen one.
Him and Moses. They can do no wrong even when they're garbage.

I just wanted to note for yeh raiders' sake that in the third minute Croker did, in fact, pass to Cotric.

Honestly, I'm more surprised at the lack of vitriol aimed at Bevan French on that disaster of an Eels forum. If Rapana didn't make his first run for 75 minutes the thread here would be 10 pages long already and scathing in fury.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
reptar
Laurie Daley

Post by reptar »

raiderskater wrote:
Begbie wrote: April 15, 2018, 11:38 am
Him and Moses. They can do no wrong even when they're garbage.

I just wanted to note for yeh raiders' sake that in the third minute Croker did, in fact, pass to Cotric.

Honestly, I'm more surprised at the lack of vitriol aimed at Bevan French on that disaster of an Eels forum. If Rapana didn't make his first run for 75 minutes the thread here would be 10 pages long already and scathing in fury.
That would never happen, of course. What's more likely is him making 15 errors trying too hard.

And then a 20 page thread full of scorn.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Bevan French to miss next week with flu...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

reptar wrote: April 15, 2018, 11:11 am
BadnMean wrote:So just watching the replay now... Jack certainly seemed in pretty good position for most of those kicks- first half especially...
When the defensive line does its job, and Jack doesn't have to keep plugging holes, he actually had very good positioning.

Who would have thought??
Coastalraider
David Furner

Post by Coastalraider »

reptar wrote: April 15, 2018, 11:11 am
When the defensive line does its job, and Jack doesn't have to keep plugging holes, he actually had very good positioning.

Who would have thought??
Green Taipan
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Big Mal

Post by Green Taipan »

raiderskater wrote: April 15, 2018, 11:28 am
yeh raiders wrote: April 14, 2018, 10:25 pm Would also be nice if Croker at least shaped to pass to his winger every now and then.
I see this criticism a lot and to me it rarely makes sense. Seems like Croker is damned when he does pass and damned when he doesn't. A lot of occasions last night if he passed Cotric would have been straight over the sideline, and then you'd be complaining about that. Maybe Croker is still burned by the years of having Butterfingers Lee outside him. He just seems cautious, that's all.

I don't think I could pick a player that was bad last night. Everyone put in and that's what I love to see most. Not like Parra where they had an awful lot of clean jerseys. Can you imagine Rapana going 75 minutes without a run or tackle? Hahahahahah!

I thought Wighton was really excellent. It was gross conditions for a fullback to be taking bombs and he just never looked in trouble at all. Cotric a little quiet but solid, another good solid game for Croker, outplayed Jennings by a mile (but watch Jennings get picked for Origin again). Leilua and Rapana were also pretty good, Leilua's settled down a bit and I like that better. If I was the other team I would just be eternally nervous to see Rapana sniffing around.

The halves were really good, Sezer is just brilliant at the moment and I liked the combination with Austin, Austin seemed happy enough to let Sezer call the shots and run around a lot. They were making some really good shapes in the second half, too. Probably we took the ball away from Sezer a bit too much in the second half, but that's something we can correct quite easily.

Havili was impressive, I'd say that's one of his best games for us if not the best, he had good service and every time he decided to run he looked dangerous. All of the forwards were very good. I've always been a proponent of Lui and Bateman but even I've been gobsmacked over how damn good they've been this season. Lui is giving us energy and Bateman just throws himself at the line. Paulo started slow but he really got a roll on, Boyd made some good strong runs, I thought Papa looked stronger too. And Soliola was just brilliant. Even in the 78th minute he was racing up and making three tackles in a row like it was the 2nd minute. Tapine had beast mode engaged all night long and looked incredible. Probably Whitehead was the quietest of the group, but he was solid in defence and didn't make any errors.

I refuse to judge Hingano as a player while he's being played out of position, so I don't have a lot to say about him. I hope Ricky puts him in at Mounties as a half instead of playing him from the bench as a hooker. It seems daft to me.

Now I'm going to watch it again. :D
That's Ricky; Daft Punk!
It's a simple game; tackle, back-up, pass, hold the ball! What did I say? "Hold the bloody ball!!"
Gold member 2023