Eels 13+
No votes

Total votes: 14

reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: 2018 Rd 6 V Eels: Game Day

Post by reptar »

-PJ- wrote:Bevan French to miss next week with flu...
Robinson never used that excuse. No-one would believe he could catch it.
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders Blake Austin powers back after rediscovering mojo

For Canberra Raiders playmaker Blake Austin, focusing on why he enjoyed playing the game was paramount as he began his comeback from reserve grade.

"I won't lie it's been a tough two weeks, but I just really wanted to focus on enjoying my footy," said Austin. "After the two weeks I've had you get a lot of thoughts running through your head and tonight was just about backing myself, trusting what's got me here, and enjoying myself. I wouldn't say it (axing) was a wake-up call, but the way my career went for a long time when I was younger, I had to deal with being sent back to play premier league."

Read more: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/15/can ... e-revival/

Austin and Papalii turnaround typifies Raiders revival: Stuart: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/14/aus ... al-stuart/

Gallery: Raiders v Eels: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/04 ... rs-v-eels/
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

NRL stats has Bevan Frenchs only hit up as 15mtrs.

He didn't run that fair did he ?

These stats are bulldust right ?

Sezer is down for 0mtrs...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
reptar
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by reptar »

-PJ- wrote:NRL stats has Bevan Frenchs only hit up as 15mtrs.

maybe sideways
Gina Riley: Oh, come on, John. That’s a bit old hat, the corrupt IOC delegate.
John Clarke: Old hat? Gina, in the scientific world when they see that something is happening again and again and again, repeatedly, they don’t call it old hat. They call it a pattern.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

reptar wrote: April 15, 2018, 2:01 pm
-PJ- wrote:NRL stats has Bevan Frenchs only hit up as 15mtrs.

maybe sideways
Sezer ran 1km sideways and isn't credited a single running metre.
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

Difficult game to take away much from as Parra were terrible. We will know much more after the Souths game I think.

I was pleased with our defence. Not letting them score a try was great!

Papalii please continue playing like that. I love the metres after contact.

Austin very good!

Lots of other great players too. But we now it’s tome to benchmark ourselves again stronger sides :)
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

-PJ- wrote: April 15, 2018, 1:58 pm NRL stats has Bevan Frenchs only hit up as 15mtrs.

Sezer can run zero any week that Austin and Havilli do the running and he gets our outside backs outside their men and kicks in on a string like that!
cat
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Dane Tilse

Post by cat »

Tapine fined for a trip charge but free to play

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Vaccinated
El_Capitano
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga

Post by El_Capitano »

I was happy that we changed our game to match to weather conditions. It showed some footy smarts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
How soon IS now?
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

The last time Raiders had kept a team try-less is round 19,2013, 14-0 against Parramatta. Also Raiders haven’t been kept try-less since 2013 as well

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
twistedbydesign
Simon Woolford

Post by twistedbydesign »

Give the team their due, they've really ripped in the last two weeks. It's nice to see a few individuals express themselves and get back to doing what they do best - Sezer, Austin, Papalii, Paulo, Leipana the first that come to mind.

Both Parra and the Dogs have been poor though, so any suggestions of us turning the season around are definitely premature. I still worry hugely about our lack of mobility in the middle and Hingano in the dummy half role. TI can't help but think that these, coupled with Sticky's erratic bench use, could easily cost us games.

Anyhow, two wins on the bounce is a good result from how far down we were after the Manly game. Let's hope the guys continue to build next week against the Bunnies.
raiderskater
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Croker, Cotric, Sezer

Post by raiderskater »

twistedbydesign wrote: April 16, 2018, 3:36 am Both Parra and the Dogs have been poor though, so any suggestions of us turning the season around are definitely premature. I still worry hugely about our lack of mobility in the middle and Hingano in the dummy half role. TI can't help but think that these, coupled with Sticky's erratic bench use, could easily cost us games.
I'm kind of getting tired of this argument. Yes, it's not like we went and took down St George or the Storm with these games. But a win's a win, and the fact that we've been able to be tough and gritty and get these wins, and not panic and throw them away, should be seen a positive step. Momentum breeds momentum, confidence breeds confidence. If the boys can keep this up against "lesser" teams they'll be all the more prepared when we get to those "top" teams.
And to all the people who doubted me, hello to them as well. - Mark Webber, Raiders Ballboy and Unluckiest F1 Driver Ever

I'm attacking in the right way, instead of just...attacking in the general direction. - Max Aaron (also eerily apropos for the Green Machine)
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders Joe Tapine takes early plea for tripping charge

Canberra Raiders Joe Tapine has taken the early plea in response to a tripping charge, arising from an incident involving Kenny Edwards in the 40th minute of the Round 6 match against the Parramatta Eels. The only penalty is a $1,100 fine and he will not miss a match.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/04 ... oe-tapine/

Rd 6 Play of the week: Luke Bateman: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/04 ... e-bateman/
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

greeneyed wrote: April 16, 2018, 1:58 pm Canberra Raiders Joe Tapine takes early plea for tripping charge

Canberra Raiders Joe Tapine has taken the early plea in response to a tripping charge, arising from an incident involving Kenny Edwards in the 40th minute of the Round 6 match against the Parramatta Eels. The only penalty is a $1,100 fine and he will not miss a match.

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/04 ... oe-tapine/

Rd 6 Play of the week: Luke Bateman: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/04 ... e-bateman/
Must of had sore shoulders from smashing blokes all night.
Sunny
David Grant

Post by Sunny »

Like most, I was extremely impressed with our performance on Saturday night. Our goal line defence is keeping me happy and it's amazing how much better our structure looks when we have 2nd rowers who are difficult to get on the outside of.

As I'm always one to nit-pick, my only concern remains with the 'bonehead' moments we still seem to have at key times.

1. Tapine held up over the line and to play the ball on 5th tackle, where we decide to go to a marked blindside and end up not getting a kick away. That play was a mess. Seriously, if nothing else is on, just bombaghan to Croker.

2. An attempted offload in our half at 18-2 up resulting in a knock on, when the game still could be lost.

It's those sorts of things that you won't see the best sides do and hopefully we'll iron those moments out of our game sooner rather than later.
Dibbers
Chris O'Sullivan
Favourite Player: Brad Clyde

Post by Dibbers »

Sunny wrote: April 16, 2018, 4:23 pm Like most, I was extremely impressed with our performance on Saturday night. Our goal line defence is keeping me happy and it's amazing how much better our structure looks when we have 2nd rowers who are difficult to get on the outside of.

As I'm always one to nit-pick, my only concern remains with the 'bonehead' moments we still seem to have at key times.

1. Tapine held up over the line and to play the ball on 5th tackle, where we decide to go to a marked blindside and end up not getting a kick away. That play was a mess. Seriously, if nothing else is on, just bombaghan to Croker.

2. An attempted offload in our half at 18-2 up resulting in a knock on, when the game still could be lost.

It's those sorts of things that you won't see the best sides do and hopefully we'll iron those moments out of our game sooner rather than later.
I agree with your first point re the end of set option, that was poor.

But i wasn't as upset about the attempted offload. Offloads can be on one second, you get your arm free and all of a sudden they're off... its a split second thing that leaves you falling in a tackle with the ball in a loose carry... i don't want to see us stop trying to force an offload. We were 16 points up, and as you say still in a position to throw it away... typically this season when we try to just close out a game, we've lost, so i don't see it as a bad thing that we were still trying to play attacking footy...
I found a moon rock in my nose....
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Sunny wrote: April 16, 2018, 4:23 pm Like most, I was extremely impressed with our performance on Saturday night. Our goal line defence is keeping me happy and it's amazing how much better our structure looks when we have 2nd rowers who are difficult to get on the outside of.

I've been pretty happy with the boys the last two games as well. Those couple of moments I remember well and yes they could have been executed better but it's minor. The 5th tackle play ended up with us handing over pocession with Parra only 5-10 out from their try line..I was ok with that at that time. Our defence rushing up and making big hits and keeping them pinned numbs the pain of a bog 5th tackle option I reckon.

Its all attitude and finally the boys are showing some. After the Dogs game I wanted too see them back it up and they did. That's what has me smiling.

So we turn up on Satd with the brains in gear and we stick it to em.
Canberra Milk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Leipana

Post by Canberra Milk »

"I won't lie it's been a tough two weeks, but I just really wanted to focus on enjoying my footy," said Austin. "After the two weeks I've had you get a lot of thoughts running through your head and tonight was just about backing myself, trusting what's got me here, and enjoying myself. I wouldn't say it (axing) was a wake-up call, but the way my career went for a long time when I was younger, I had to deal with being sent back to play premier league
That's how you can benefit from a sports psychologist.
Sunny
David Grant

Post by Sunny »

-PJ- wrote: April 16, 2018, 4:37 pm

I've been pretty happy with the boys the last two games as well. Those couple of moments I remember well and yes they could have been executed better but it's minor. The 5th tackle play ended up with us handing over pocession with Parra only 5-10 out from their try line..I was ok with that at that time. Our defence rushing up and making big hits and keeping them pinned numbs the pain of a bog 5th tackle option I reckon.

Its all attitude and finally the boys are showing some. After the Dogs game I wanted too see them back it up and they did. That's what has me smiling.

So we turn up on Satd with the brains in gear and we stick it to em.
The problem I've got is that these moments seem to happen in most games. It might not have cost us in the last fortnight but how many times can we point to a moment or two in games we've lost and said that it was a potential turning point

The question to ask is 'are we getting smarter as a side'? I think we're showing improvement in the basics, but decision making for mine still leaves a lot to be desired.
irvste
Sam Backo
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by irvste »

bonehead wrote:
irvste wrote:Hoping to wake up to news of a win.. In Vegas first home game I've missed for years
I'm in San Diego, nice score to wake up to

Sure was hoping for more of the same when in Hawaii for this week's game