Eels 13+
15%

Total votes: 20

Love4Noa
Brett Mullins

Re: 2018 Rd 6 V Eels: Teams and Previews

Post by Love4Noa »

I don't care who we pick.

I hate Sezer. I hate him. Go through every thread and see my hate for him. He's the worst player ever.

Until yesterday.

Now - we pick whatever team we have to that will allow Sezer to do what he did last night. Brilliant.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Wiki Special wrote:1. Cotric (he is not a ball player as yet but if you remember neither was Slater, Tedesco or Boyd to start their career - give him experience on the job)
2. Oldfield
3. Croker
4. Leilua
5. Rapana
6. Wighton (if he is allowed to play)
7. Sezer
8. Paulo
9. Havili
10. Boyd
11. Tapine
12. Whitehead
13. Soliola

14. Hingano
15. Papalii
16. Lui
17. Bateman

18. Abbey
19. Knight
20. Garvey
21. Murchie
No..

Boyd and Paulo need to be split
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders stars not aligned

Queensland star Josh Papalii could have an extended stint playing for the Mounties following the performance of the Raiders pack on Thursday night, while five-eighth Blake Austin could be back in lime green next week due to an injury to halfback Sam Williams (knee).

"It was a complete performance ... that's the importance of having that depth," Sia Soliola said. "When we speak about the hard work in the pre-season that's what we expect from the guys that are coming through - they showed that we're going to keep on playing."

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... 4z85p.html
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by Green eyed Mick »

-TW- wrote: April 6, 2018, 6:29 pm
Wiki Special wrote:1. Cotric (he is not a ball player as yet but if you remember neither was Slater, Tedesco or Boyd to start their career - give him experience on the job)
2. Oldfield
3. Croker
4. Leilua
5. Rapana
7. Sezer
8. Paulo
9. Havili
10. Boyd
11. Tapine
12. Whitehead
13. Soliola

14. Hingano
15. Papalii
16. Lui
17. Bateman

18. Abbey
19. Knight
20. Garvey
21. Murchie
No..

Agree. I would start Lui, Sia and Paulo and make simultaneous interchanges at the 20 minute mark. Give all 4 props 40 minutes and make them earn the extra minutes.
scotchberry
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Post by scotchberry »

Green eyed Mick wrote: April 6, 2018, 8:29 am Hingano still has to pass the concussion test but the extra days off will hopefully have him fit. If so he deserves to be promoted into the starting side and Haveli's performance IMO has created an opportunity for Garvey.

Papa is the only player I am struggling to accommodate but assuming he has a strong match for Mounties, I would be bringing him into the middle off the bench, in place of Knight.
I’m the opposite re Knight.

Last night playing a good chunk of minutes and feeling like he generally contributed to the win - that would give him not only the world of confidence but a sense of belonging and could really unleash his career.

I say give him the chance to kick on Ricky whilst he is riding a wave. Going back to Mounties or playing 5 minutes going forward could be the worse thing to happen to him - I’m willing to give him a chance.

But if Papa is legit that he cares, he is in our top few players easily and needs to be found a place if he pulls his finger out. I’d get rid of Bateman but that ain’t happening at the moment
EJ
David Furner

Post by EJ »

The team that beat the Bulldogs
Matt
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Time for the new breed Savage, Mooney, Timoko

Post by Matt »

CJR wrote: April 6, 2018, 5:28 pm I just don't get these people writing Cotric off after one game but also insisted we persist with Jack for two years no matter how badly he messed up.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Ive seen him play FB in lower grades. He will be a better centre.
Begbie
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Smash Williams

Post by Begbie »

cat wrote: April 6, 2018, 4:54 pm That says a lot

Blake didnt stay back to watch the boys last week at brookie, sounds like he did minimum last night

Papa stays back last night, had a good luck/go raiders post on instagram etc

Blake needs to realise ricky is watching all this, its not just what you do on the field that matters

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
haha I doubt it.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

Matt wrote: April 6, 2018, 9:52 pm
CJR wrote: April 6, 2018, 5:28 pm I just don't get these people writing Cotric off after one game but also insisted we persist with Jack for two years no matter how badly he messed up.

Ive seen him play FB in lower grades. He will be a better centre.
He played centre in the lower grades.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

2. Oldfield
3. Croker
4. Leilua
5. Rapana
7. Sezer
8. Paulo
9. Havili
10. Boyd
11. Tapine
12. Whitehead
13. Soliola

14. Hingano
15. Papalii
16. Lui
17. Bateman

18. Abbey
19. Knight
20. Garvey
21. Murchie
No..

Are you crazy ? This Wighton at half has been done before and it was a huge fail, why take a step backwards. It's either Sezer with Austin/Hingano with Williams gone for over a month. IF Wighton can play put him in the centers with Croker on the wing. Cotric needs more fitness and exp at FB give him time.
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

InFernos_Raiders wrote: April 6, 2018, 11:55 pm
2. Oldfield
3. Croker
4. Leilua
5. Rapana
7. Sezer
8. Paulo
9. Havili
10. Boyd
11. Tapine
12. Whitehead
13. Soliola

14. Hingano
15. Papalii
16. Lui
17. Bateman

18. Abbey
19. Knight
20. Garvey
21. Murchie
No..

Are you crazy ? This Wighton at half has been done before and it was a huge fail, why take a step backwards. It's either Sezer with Austin/Hingano with Williams gone for over a month. IF Wighton can play put him in the centers with Croker on the wing. Cotric needs more fitness and exp at FB give him time.
Jack is 4 years older now with significantly more FG experience. It's not the same player that we are putting at 6. The majority of the forum has been saying that Sezer played close to his best game for us due to being given control of the team against the Bulldogs. With Jack at 6 and Cotric at 1 we can deploy Sezer on both sides of the ruck with a two fullback attack with Jack on his preferred left and Cotric on his preferred right. Plus our left edge defence now has Whitehead and Wighton inside Croker which will provide our outside backs with significantly more confidence.

People can disagree but I think with our roster as currently constructed this gives us our best chance of making a Finals push this season. In an ideal world we'd have another half to put next to Sezer but for mine Williams has been fair, Hingano looks best suited to a back up role on the bench and Austin is clearly on the outer.
gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

I think you make some excellent points Wiki Special
FuiFui BradBrad
Bradley Clyde
Favourite Player: Phil Graham

Post by FuiFui BradBrad »

I’m hoping our won on the weekend doesn’t convince Sticky he doesn’t need to worry about his bench rotation, because he can win with 14 players!

01. Cotric
02. Croker
03. Wighton
04. Leilua
05. Rapana
06. Hingano
07. Sezer
08. Soliola
09. Havili
10. Boyd
11. Tapine
12. Lui
13. Whitehead

14. Garvey
15. Paulo
16. Knight
17. Bateman

Feel free to call me RickyRicky StickStick if you like. I will also accept Super Fui, King Brad, Kid Dynamite, Chocolate-Thunda... or Brad.

Nickman's love of NSW
  • NSW has done a superb job - 18/12/2020
  • NSW has been world-class with their approach to date, that's a fact. - 04/02/2021
LastRaider
John Ferguson

2018 Rd 6 V Eels: Teams and Previews

Post by LastRaider »

Wiki Special wrote:
2. Oldfield
3. Croker
4. Leilua
5. Rapana
7. Sezer
8. Paulo
9. Havili
10. Boyd
11. Tapine
12. Whitehead
13. Soliola

14. Hingano
15. Papalii
16. Lui
17. Bateman

18. Abbey
19. Knight
20. Garvey
21. Murchie
No..

Jack is 4 years older now with significantly more FG experience. It's not the same player that we are putting at 6. The majority of the forum has been saying that Sezer played close to his best game for us due to being given control of the team against the Bulldogs. With Jack at 6 and Cotric at 1 we can deploy Sezer on both sides of the ruck with a two fullback attack with Jack on his preferred left and Cotric on his preferred right. Plus our left edge defence now has Whitehead and Wighton inside Croker which will provide our outside backs with significantly more confidence.

People can disagree but I think with our roster as currently constructed this gives us our best chance of making a Finals push this season. In an ideal world we'd have another half to put next to Sezer but for mine Williams has been fair, Hingano looks best suited to a back up role on the bench and Austin is clearly on the outer.
Haven’t we learnt though over the past 4 weeks that playing players out of position doesn’t work? We have 5 specialized half’s at the club, we should use them, not change players to other positions as it doesn’t work

Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

Fuifui Bradbrad wrote: April 7, 2018, 9:45 am I’m hoping our won on the weekend doesn’t convince Sticky he doesn’t need to worry about his bench rotation, because he can win with 14 players!

01. Cotric
02. Croker
03. Wighton
04. Leilua
05. Rapana
06. Hingano
07. Sezer
08. Soliola
09. Havili
10. Boyd
11. Tapine
12. Lui
13. Whitehead

14. Garvey
15. Paulo
16. Knight
17. Bateman

Lui in the backrow and Whitey at lock. Thats different
BVRaider
David Grant
Favourite Player: Edrick Lee

Post by BVRaider »

This is basically the same side I named to play Manly and it's good to see that it actually has potential on the field.

1. Cotric
2. Croker
3. Wighton
4. Leilua
5. Rapana
6. Hingano
7. Sezer
8. Soliola
9. Havili
10. Paulo
11. Tapine
12. Whitehead
13. Bateman

14. Garvey
15. Boyd
16. Lui
17. Knight

18. Oldfield
19. Murchie
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Alan Tongue and Lincoln Withers will be on ABC Canberra Grandstand after 11am with Brett McKay.

You can listen live: http://www.abc.net.au/canberra

Won't do a summary this week... as those interviews are unlikely to break news.
SeeBee101
David Grant
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by SeeBee101 »

Austin isn't playing for the Mounties. Interesting...

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

He'll be back in next week, unfortunately
-GD-
Don Furner
Favourite Player: Mal Meninga, Terry Campese, Troy Thompson

Post by -GD- »

SeeBee101 wrote:Austin isn't playing for the Mounties. Interesting...

No point risking him in reggies.
Ilanraiders
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Rubenrunlikeatrainandhitlikeatruckwiki!

Post by Ilanraiders »

-GD- wrote: April 7, 2018, 5:03 pm
SeeBee101 wrote:Austin isn't playing for the Mounties. Interesting...

No point risking him in reggies.
He going Parra?
"Learn to appreciate what you have, before time makes you appreciate what you had"!! RAIDERSTILLIDIE!!
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders half Aidan Sezer wants to steer the Green Machine

The weight of Canberra Raiders headquarters has fallen on Aidan Sezer's shoulders and that's just the way he likes it, adamant he is the man to steer the club out of the abyss. Off-contract Sezer will line up against Parramatta star Corey Norman next week, and it is believed the Raiders made inquiries about signing the rival five-eighth but the Eels are not prepared to release him.

"I’m comfortable with running the ship, we just need to find a way to gel all together. [The Bulldogs game] was a step in the right direction for myself and hopefully I can carry on with it.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... 4z859.html
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Australia-first concussion technology put to work on four Canberra Raiders

Australia-first concussion technology has arrived in the capital and was put to work immediately after four Canberra Raiders players were assessed on Friday.

The balance assessment device, which costs $450,000, evaluates athletes with suspected concussion and has the potential return players to action sooner than previously possible.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/a ... 0yeuw.html
BadnMean
Steve Walters
Favourite Player: chicka

Post by BadnMean »

greeneyed wrote: April 7, 2018, 6:15 pm Canberra Raiders half Aidan Sezer wants to steer the Green Machine

The weight of Canberra Raiders headquarters has fallen on Aidan Sezer's shoulders and that's just the way he likes it, adamant he is the man to steer the club out of the abyss. Off-contract Sezer will line up against Parramatta star Corey Norman next week, and it is believed the Raiders made inquiries about signing the rival five-eighth but the Eels are not prepared to release him.

"I’m comfortable with running the ship, we just need to find a way to gel all together. [The Bulldogs game] was a step in the right direction for myself and hopefully I can carry on with it.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... 4z859.html
Hope they keep it up. Havilli feeds his halves good, regular ball but is enough of a threat to keep markers honest. Also has some great contact in defence- better than Hodgo there for sure. Ideally on Hodgo's return they share 20 minutes each for a while and then Havilli continues to get 20-25 mins a game at hooker or lock.

Sezer ran the show beautifully on Thursday. Sammy or Hingano can then just chime in and doesn't matter hugely if they float in and out of the game.

Then again it always looks good when your forwards all turn up big time and the line speed is good all game.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

I'm excited to see Havili and Hodgo as a combo

I watched a bit of Wyong vs the Dogs today where Baptiste was playing, I reckon Havili has a better pass off the ground tbh
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

BVRaider wrote: April 7, 2018, 10:12 am This is basically the same side I named to play Manly and it's good to see that it actually has potential on the field.

1. Cotric
2. Croker
3. Wighton
4. Leilua
5. Rapana
6. Hingano
7. Sezer
8. Soliola
9. Havili
10. Paulo
11. Tapine
12. Whitehead
13. Bateman

14. Garvey
15. Boyd
16. Lui
17. Knight

18. Oldfield
19. Murchie
Exactly what id like to see at this stage
Wiki Special
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Ruben Wiki

Post by Wiki Special »

LastRaider wrote: April 7, 2018, 10:01 am
Wiki Special wrote:
2. Oldfield
3. Croker
4. Leilua
5. Rapana
7. Sezer
8. Paulo
9. Havili
10. Boyd
11. Tapine
12. Whitehead
13. Soliola

14. Hingano
15. Papalii
16. Lui
17. Bateman

18. Abbey
19. Knight
20. Garvey
21. Murchie
No..

Haven’t we learnt though over the past 4 weeks that playing players out of position doesn’t work? We have 5 specialized half’s at the club, we should use them, not change players to other positions as it doesn’t work

I think the bolded parts from my original post address my position in relation to your comment. Each to their own I guess.
Matt
Don Furner

Post by Matt »

That concussion tech sounds cool
CJR
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Cotric

Post by CJR »

The fact is if we put Austin back in now you can forget Sezer running the side.

Austin will absolutely be playing for us next week and we will be worse off for it.

afgtnk
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Used to be Crotic

Post by afgtnk »

There's definitely no doubt all blame will be on Austin if Sezer is unable to back up the game he had against the Dogs. Given the number of excellent games he's had in green can be counted on one hand, I find the chances of that occurring pretty high.

Regardless of who he plays with, he controls his own performance. The fact that some else gets touches shouldn't take away from judging him when he has his.

When he's putting useless chip bombs straight down the throat of the fullback game after game, or failing to identify a yawning gap on his inside, or failing to kick field goals, or failing to force repeat sets, that isn't on Austin or any other player - that's him.

And despite constantly slagging him, I do hope that he's able to finally back up this seemingly constant talk he has of taking control of the team, because we badly need someone to. He and Croker in particular are to an extent protected species on here - we need both need to step up to the mark.
Luvmyfooty
Gerry De La Cruz

Post by Luvmyfooty »

Love to know what "CAT"s angle is, but stop making up crap about Austin. Last week you slagged off saying he was angry all game, and getting up his players. Sorry but he looked pretty happy in the photo I have of him. Now this week making up lies about him not sticking around for 1st grade at Brookie is a down and out lie. He came out after his game and sat near the hill with his family for the whole game. Seriously cant stand supporters like you who want to defame someone who has always gone above and beyond for the fans.
Dusty
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Past: Daley
Present: Strange

Post by Dusty »

1. Cotric / Abbey
2. Oldfield / Cotric
3. Croker
4. Leilua
5. Rapana
6. Hingano
7. Sezer
8. Paulo
9. Havili
10. Soliola
11. Tapine
12. Whitehead
13. Wighton

14. Garvey
15. Lui
16. Boyd
17. Knight

RTW
David Furner
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by RTW »

What do people think needs to happen for a Papalii to regain his place in the team.

Obviously he had the talent to be in our top 17 so how does he get his spot back.

Is it simply a case of conditioning, or do you wait a set number of games, after our next loss or does he have to wait for an injury to someone.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

Papalli has to dominate at nsw cup level to get back in the team. He should know what he has to do.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

RTW wrote: April 8, 2018, 6:33 am What do people think needs to happen for a Papalii to regain his place in the team.
Probably re-sign for less money than he wants.