Moderator: GH Moderators

Makaveli
Bradley Clyde

Re: NRL ban Jack Wighton for 10 matches, impose $30,000 fine

Post by Makaveli »

The Nickman wrote:
JezTez1984 wrote: November 14, 2018, 3:18 pm
The Nickman wrote: November 14, 2018, 2:58 pm
JezTez1984 wrote: November 14, 2018, 2:55 pm Holy **** what a **** circus and huge, huge overreaction this whole " drunken rampage" is. The deadline "drunken rampage" is comical in itself. Some of the so called " Canberra raiders fans" on here are so **** bone headed. The fans of OTHER CLUBS are laughing about how blown out of proportion this whole thing is and I quote " that is not a drunken rampage, I've seen harder slaps at the local pub"

For 90% of that footage jack is doing absolutely nothing besides standing there and occasionally pushing someone, did he even get a punch in at all???

What a **** joke :roflmao no wonder the raiders were blowing up about the extra 4 weeks.
Do you reckon Mitchell Pearce deserved 10 weeks for his "incident"??
Honestly what Pearce did was much more sickening than what wighton has done here. Pushing a few blokes around compared to constantly humping and saying " I'm going to **** your dog" and seeming fully serious about it. The sick ****.
Hahahaha righto, Mrs Wighton.
Who's alt is JezTez?

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

gangrenous
Laurie Daley

Post by gangrenous »

The Nickman wrote:
Makaveli wrote: November 14, 2018, 5:00 pm Still waiting to see him bash someone as was alluded to by media reports

Haha yeah, what an absolute beat-up by Jack Wighton
Fixed Image
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

George Rose says he's seen the good Jack Wighton does in the community

Former Manly cult hero George Rose, who is Wighton's cousin-in-law and an NRL player engagement manager, spoke on Wighton's behalf at his sentencing hearing today - and says he's seen first-hand the good Wighton does not only for the community, but his own family as well.

"I've got a lot of respect for Jack and the person he is ... he sells himself short," Mr Rose said. "I know what he's done for indigenous players that come down here [to Canberra]. They feel at home, feel like they're around family.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 50g0p.html

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders fullback Jack Wighton has today avoided time behind bars, for a drunken brawl in which he injured three men, WIN News Canberra reports: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1987987 ... 825261137/
Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Where is that Neegz bloke? Some of the crap he was accusing Wighton of was pathetic..
Mickey_Raider
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Big Papa

Post by Mickey_Raider »

Some of you in here need a deadset reality check. If one of his errant punches had injured or killed a friend or family member of yours you would not be chalking it up as a “a beat up”. “Not as bad as the media made out” etc.
Is that what it takes for people to take it seriously ?
The evidence is in, he violently assaulted multiple people on separate occasions and refused to accept de escalation. Absolute scum bag and frankly he should be in jail.
Anyone who sees it as “no big deal” has lost the plot.
Gunna find it hard to support this pos
Up The Milk
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Can I ask people’s thoughts on how the club handled this. Jack initially pleaded not guilty and on that basis was free to play up until this initially went to court at which time he changed his plea. I understand the club saw the footage very early on. I’d love to know on what basis Jack initially believed he wasn’t guilty and where the club stood on that call. Not the actions of a person who is remorseful or in any considerate of his victims. The actions of a person looking after his own self interest and doing all he can to minimise impact to himself.
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

greeneyed wrote: November 14, 2018, 5:32 pm George Rose says he's seen the good Jack Wighton does in the community

Former Manly cult hero George Rose, who is Wighton's cousin-in-law and an NRL player engagement manager, spoke on Wighton's behalf at his sentencing hearing today - and says he's seen first-hand the good Wighton does not only for the community, but his own family as well.

"I've got a lot of respect for Jack and the person he is ... he sells himself short," Mr Rose said. "I know what he's done for indigenous players that come down here [to Canberra]. They feel at home, feel like they're around family.

Read more: https://www.canberratimes.com.au/sport/ ... 50g0p.html

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders fullback Jack Wighton has today avoided time behind bars, for a drunken brawl in which he injured three men, WIN News Canberra reports: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1987987 ... 825261137/
George Rose says he’s seen the good Jack Wighton does in the community.... then he ate it!
Sid
Ricky Stuart
Favourite Player: Shannon Boyd

Post by Sid »

Makaveli wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
The Nickman wrote: November 14, 2018, 2:58 pm
JezTez1984 wrote: November 14, 2018, 2:55 pm Holy **** what a **** circus and huge, huge overreaction this whole " drunken rampage" is. The deadline "drunken rampage" is comical in itself. Some of the so called " Canberra raiders fans" on here are so **** bone headed. The fans of OTHER CLUBS are laughing about how blown out of proportion this whole thing is and I quote " that is not a drunken rampage, I've seen harder slaps at the local pub"

For 90% of that footage jack is doing absolutely nothing besides standing there and occasionally pushing someone, did he even get a punch in at all???

What a **** joke :roflmao no wonder the raiders were blowing up about the extra 4 weeks.
Do you reckon Mitchell Pearce deserved 10 weeks for his "incident"??
Honestly what Pearce did was much more sickening than what wighton has done here. Pushing a few blokes around compared to constantly humping and saying " I'm going to **** your dog" and seeming fully serious about it. The sick ****.
Who's alt is JezTez?

fergo2012?
Would have won Boogs - 2016, 2017, 2018

1 part green, 1 part machine
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by Schifty »

The Nickman wrote: November 14, 2018, 5:06 pm
Makaveli wrote: November 14, 2018, 5:00 pm Still waiting to see him bash someone as was alluded to by media reports

Haha yeah, what an absolute beat-up by the media and Lucy.
I think a large reason the speculation about the brawl blew up was because of our club's response to try block the release of it.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

How do we know the club wanted to block the release?
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

Sid wrote:
Makaveli wrote:
The Nickman wrote:
The Nickman wrote: November 14, 2018, 2:58 pm Do you reckon Mitchell Pearce deserved 10 weeks for his "incident"??
Who's alt is JezTez?

fergo2012?
Ding ding ding
chris83
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Sia, hodgo, all of the magnificent b**tards!!!

Post by chris83 »

Wow what a media beat up this was!! I thought he was on a rampage!! Ive had bigger blues with pot plants out the front of pubs than this!!
I've got legs, and i know how to use them
kiwi raider
Steve Walters

Post by kiwi raider »

chris83 wrote: November 14, 2018, 6:11 pm Wow what a media beat up this was!! I thought he was on a rampage!! Ive had bigger blues with pot plants out the front of pubs than this!!
You should leaf them alone
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

greeneyed wrote: November 14, 2018, 6:09 pm How do we know the club wanted to block the release?
OK the official term is "Suppress"

http://www.stuff.co.nz/nz-newspapers/ce ... e-of-brawl

But I'm not the only one that has that perception.
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

kiwi raider wrote: November 14, 2018, 6:15 pm
chris83 wrote: November 14, 2018, 6:11 pm Wow what a media beat up this was!! I thought he was on a rampage!! Ive had bigger blues with pot plants out the front of pubs than this!!
You should leaf them alone
I seed what you did there
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Schifty wrote: November 14, 2018, 6:20 pm
greeneyed wrote: November 14, 2018, 6:09 pm How do we know the club wanted to block the release?
OK the official term is "Suppress"

http://www.stuff.co.nz/nz-newspapers/ce ... e-of-brawl

But I'm not the only one that has that perception.
That report doesn't say anything about the club wanting the footage released... or suppressed.
rayden83
Alan Tongue
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by rayden83 »

I agreement with the general sentiment here that this wasn't a rampage and Jack is the real victim. If you watch the footage you can clearly see that the Adidas guys gut punched Jack's hand. And those other punches that Jack threw, he was clearly just defending himself from the Korn gang who probably listen to heavy metal and summon evil spirits.

No bias here but Jack is such a good boy, there's no way he'd cause a violent act.

He also does charity stuff. He's a lovely boy Jack.
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

Captain Punish wrote:
manbearpig wrote:
Captain Punish wrote: November 14, 2018, 3:04 pm
manbearpig wrote:Is that IT? Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Nothing i saw in that footage, i dont see ANY time i go out.
"bashed 5 blokes'? LOL it was a fight, NOT a bashing.
I take it most of the "women" in this thread, namely "wayne", are actually moonlighting as Men.

Sentence was more than fair, as i hope the bloke who threw the first punch, copped the same thing.
Hahaha. Deluded Keyboard Warriors are the best.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk
You raved and raved how you have seen the footage early and was hell bent on telling anyone who'll listen, how horrible the footage was Image Image Image
You are not a man
I never once saw the footage early. I was told he headbutted and hit unwilling participants by a friend who I assumed had seen it. In which Jack did. Please show me where I said I saw it early?

That's a little creative license on your part, pal.

Back to your finger painting, buddy xoxo

But u did fight tooth and nail declaring he was throwing coward punches and it was all unprovoked , i clearly remember our back n forth conversation about waiting till yhe footage was posted to make a fair judgemtny but good old captain punishment puts to much on his "friend"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gerg
Laurie Daley

Post by gerg »

Elcaptcroker wrote:
Captain Punish wrote:
manbearpig wrote:
Captain Punish wrote: November 14, 2018, 3:04 pm
manbearpig wrote:Is that IT? Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Nothing i saw in that footage, i dont see ANY time i go out.
"bashed 5 blokes'? LOL it was a fight, NOT a bashing.
I take it most of the "women" in this thread, namely "wayne", are actually moonlighting as Men.

Sentence was more than fair, as i hope the bloke who threw the first punch, copped the same thing.
Hahaha. Deluded Keyboard Warriors are the best.

You raved and raved how you have seen the footage early and was hell bent on telling anyone who'll listen, how horrible the footage was Image Image Image
You are not a man
I never once saw the footage early. I was told he headbutted and hit unwilling participants by a friend who I assumed had seen it. In which Jack did. Please show me where I said I saw it early?

But u did fight tooth and nail declaring he was throwing coward punches and it was all unprovoked , i clearly remember our back n forth conversation about waiting till yhe footage was posted to make a fair judgemtny but good old captain punishment puts to much on his "friend"

I'll happily throw my hand up and admit to going on a rant about this whole scenario. Sure the footage doesn't match up with the reports in court and by the media but it is still not good. You cannot stagger around the city hitting people. It's pretty **** simple.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk

Shoving it in your face since 2017
Ruben Daley
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Kenny Nagas

Post by Ruben Daley »

Mickey_Raider wrote: November 14, 2018, 5:53 pm Some of you in here need a deadset reality check. If one of his errant punches had injured or killed a friend or family member of yours you would not be chalking it up as a “a beat up”. “Not as bad as the media made out” etc.
Is that what it takes for people to take it seriously ?
The evidence is in, he violently assaulted multiple people on separate occasions and refused to accept de escalation. Absolute scum bag and frankly he should be in jail.
Anyone who sees it as “no big deal” has lost the plot.
Gunna find it hard to support this pos
I must have watched different footage to you, mate. He didn't wind up at all in anything I saw, so there was no way anyone could have been seriously injured. I thought the other guy got the better punch in, to be honest.

He was being a germ, intentionally causing trouble and trying to provoke people. But I kept waiting for a fight to actually start and it never did.

I reckon both the court sentence and the NRL suspension were accurate, and would accept the same if it had have been a player I disliked at the Broncos in the same position.

It is a 'big deal' and that's why he went to court and was stood down for a large portion of the season. Both those things are huge consequences (which he deserved). But you shouldn't go to jail for being a tool.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

Elcaptcroker wrote: November 14, 2018, 6:52 pm
..and it was all unprovoked...
Let's be clear about this.
The victims made statements that Jack Wighton attacked them unprovoked, the police charged him accordingly, Jack Wighton plead guilty and now the video has been released.

None of this is in dispute. Jack Wighton did exactly what he was accused of doing, as evidenced by the released CCTV footage, and y'know Jack Wighton pleading guilty.
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

I had heard that one of the victims was hit unprovoked - that could still be entirely true. I had also heard that the victim was a drama queen - that could be true too. But I was prepared to see worse on the footage than I did. What I did see was a munted imbecile who was very lucky he was way too inebriated to cause damage, because all reports previously from the club are that Jack is pretty good with his fists.

I don't honestly think I can maintain the rage against Wighton. He's a good player who sets up a surprising amount of Jordan Rapana's tries (see the JR "all the tries" show)

He's also clearly a bit slow (even when not blind). And he picks mates who are probably worse than him.

Whatever, as someone else here once said, we support laundry.
GreenGuy
Brett Mullins

Post by GreenGuy »

Dead set ****.

NRL punishment was appropriate, we shouldn't have kicked up a stink about it.

He has an opportunity to turn it around now by being a model citizen moving forward.
luffraider
Simon Woolford
Favourite Player: Fensom

Post by luffraider »

Jeez...
is it just me, or did bulldogs mad Monday get more attention In the media than jacks big night out?

Raiders666
Ruben Wiki
Favourite Player: Ken Nagas

Post by Raiders666 »

Neegz? Where are you mate?
Lui_Bon
Jason Croker

Post by Lui_Bon »

EDIT

I think maybe that's a bit harsh. If I were to edit your post (I mean moderate, not EDIT) perhaps one could say:

EDIT

Or are you of a more punitive frame of mind?
Last edited by greeneyed on November 14, 2018, 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Botman
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Elliott Whitehead

Post by Botman »

I think both have their merits
"Cretin" might be the best term to describe the sort of person Jack Wighton is
theRads
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Campo

Post by theRads »

EDIT

So you're saying that if he was a more effective street fighter and 'collects' with a few more hits you would have been happier?

Your last statement is a complete over reaction from overthinking this situation; creating a huge thug in your mind and fostering a group mentality.
Last edited by greeneyed on November 14, 2018, 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: The post quoted broke forum guidelines and has been deleted.
theRads
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Time for another reminder about the forum guidelines. You don't need to use abusive terms or make over the top criticisms to make your point. Can we please use civil language, thanks.
Schifty
Laurie Daley

Post by Schifty »

luffraider wrote: November 14, 2018, 7:33 pm Jeez...
is it just me, or did bulldogs mad Monday get more attention In the media than jacks big night out?
That poor bloke who had kip on the street copped more outrage!
Choc Magic
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Rapana

Post by Choc Magic »

Meh... I'm more concerned about onions being put under the sausage at bunnings. Both top news stories for the day and both media beat ups.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Choc Magic wrote: November 14, 2018, 8:23 pm Meh... I'm more concerned about onions being put under the sausage at bunnings. Both top news stories for the day and both media beat ups.
I think you are underestimating how important it is that onions AND sauce go under the sausage.
-TW-
Mal Meninga

Post by -TW- »

greeneyed wrote:
Choc Magic wrote: November 14, 2018, 8:23 pm Meh... I'm more concerned about onions being put under the sausage at bunnings. Both top news stories for the day and both media beat ups.
I think you are underestimating how important it is that onions AND sauce go under the sausage.
When there's a 0.0001% risk some spud might slip on some and sue, these measures need to be enforced
Elcaptcroker
David Grant
Favourite Player: Jarrod croker

Post by Elcaptcroker »

gergreg wrote:
Elcaptcroker wrote:
Captain Punish wrote:
manbearpig wrote:
Captain Punish wrote: November 14, 2018, 3:04 pm Hahaha. Deluded Keyboard Warriors are the best.

You are not a man

I'll happily throw my hand up and admit to going on a rant about this whole scenario. Sure the footage doesn't match up with the reports in court and by the media but it is still not good. You cannot stagger around the city hitting people. It's pretty **** simple.

Sent from my SM-G570F using Tapatalk
Which is true what he done was wrong but like i mentioned back then is dont always trust what the media say because they have a knack of blowing things iut of preportion and its proved here again, but still doesnt let jack of the hook, hopefully things change for him after this, granted social media make it look otherwise but all i usually see of him on insta is him n his daughters and the good times he spends with him, so hopefully he picks better mates, his missus and family stand by him n help him and he pays back the raiders faith

Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

I'm late on the discussion. Just saw the footage. I think Jack is lucky none of the guys he picked on were handy with the fists and keen for a blue. He sure wanted to start a fight that night. Don't think he was in much state to finish one.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.