InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske
Favourite Player: Brett Mullins

Re: 2018 Rd 4 V Sea Eagles: Game Day

Post by InFernos_Raiders »

rayden83 wrote: March 31, 2018, 9:47 pm
InFernos_Raiders wrote: March 31, 2018, 9:40 pm
Kryptonite wrote: March 31, 2018, 9:31 pm
rayden83 wrote: March 31, 2018, 9:07 pm We dont have the players to win the comp. Look at our spine; Wighton, Sezer, Williams and Savili. This is probably the worst spine in the NRL. Wighton is servicable NRL player but as we all know runs hot and cold. The rest , particular Sezer are state league players who through fluke, accident and fortune have found themselves in the NRL. The sort of players you bring into the fold when your starting half snaps his ACL. Yet these players occupy the most critical positions in an NRL team. How Sezer is still getting minutes is as mysterious as the bermuda triangle. Is there a more cardboard half in the history of the Raiders? Yet here people here desparately clinging onto hope he will come good.

As bad as Stuart is, not even Bellamy could make good with these betas.
In History yes, Mat Orford, Marshall Chalk, Alexander Herbert, to name a few
WRONG we have the players to finish top 4 and have a good shot at a GF the reason we are **** is Ricky Stuart he can not coach
Youre still stuck in 2016, and one season doesnt make a summer. Also most of our success was due to Leipana, who were in ridiculous form and tore most teams apart.
I'm not stuck in 2016 ???? The reason we did well in 2016 was the fact that we had several players in top form. The year before that and the year after that and this year you can see we are **** and always will be under Stuart. In 2016 it wasn't because of Stuarts coaching we did well. BUT we do have the talent you put a decent coach at the helm we would be a top 4 side esp with Hodgo back in. IF Hodgo had been playing in rounds 1,2 and 3 we probably would've won.
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

MATCH REPORT: Manly Sea Eagles defeat Canberra Raiders

The Canberra Raiders have gone down to the Manly Sea Eagles 32-16 at Lottoland on Saturday night.

Three minutes in and the alarm bells were ringing when Sea Eagles winger Akuila Uate found himself going for the corner only for a try saving tackle from Nick Cotric taking Uate into touch.

Three tries in the space of five minutes saw the Sea Eagles make the score 18-6 midway through the first half with Tom Trbojevic playing his hand in two and scoring another.

Manly Sea Eagles 32 (Tries: Wright 2, J Trbojevic, T Trbojevic, Cherry Evans, Goals: Cherry Evans 6/8) def Canberra Raiders 16 (Tries: Soliola, Croker, Wighton Goals: Croker 2/3)

Read more: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/03 ... t-raiders/

Slick Sea Eagles pile pain on Raiders: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/03/31/tom ... n-raiders/

Canberra coach Ricky Stuart blasts 'soft' Raiders: https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/04/01/can ... t-raiders/

VIDEO: Match highlights: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/03 ... lottoland/

VIDEO: Canberra Raiders press conference: https://www.raiders.com.au/news/2018/03 ... s-v-manly/
benda
Brett Mullins

Post by benda »

I agree, our spine isn’t of NRL standard.
I would definitely try Rapana at fullback. Maybe even Cotric. Wighton on the wing.

I agree with Stuart’s position in the press conference but I don’t think that approach is the answer. Perhaps be a little more diplomatic but I can see he wears his heart of his sleeve which could have some benefits.

Also would rebuild our spine. Williams, I think he is a nice guy but I just don’t think he cuts it. Hate to say it but not sure if he is on decent money and there are probably good reasons why.

If our spine was stronger and we learnt how to defend we would be a serious force.

I have been saying this for years, all our success comes from individual efforts. Nothing from structured plays.

Leilua in my eyes needs to work on this discipline but in no way should be dropped from the team.

I want to see more harder runs from Papalii. He seems to be running at 70%.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

benda wrote: March 31, 2018, 10:12 pm I agree, our spine isn’t of NRL standard.
I would definitely try Rapana at fullback. Maybe even Cotric. Wighton on the wing.

I agree with Stuart’s position in the press conference but I don’t think that approach is the answer. Perhaps be a little more diplomatic but I can see he wears his heart of his sleeve which could have some benefits.

Also would rebuild our spine. Williams, I think he is a nice guy but I just don’t think he cuts it. Hate to say it but not sure if he is on decent money and there are probably good reasons why.

If our spine was stronger and we learnt how to defend we would be a serious force.

I have been saying this for years, all our success comes from individual efforts. Nothing from structured plays.

Leilua in my eyes needs to work on this discipline but in no way should be dropped from the team.

I want to see more harder runs from Papalii. He seems to be running at 70%.
You know Stuart won't make those changes he is too gutless to make mass changes, he drops Austin and thinks that will fix things...pfft
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

NRL: Turbo-charged Manly Sea Eagles blow Canberra Raiders away in first half

Soft. Unworthy of the lime green jersey. Canberra Raiders coach Ricky Stuart didn't miss with his appraisal of his players' first-half capitulation.

"Soft. Soft football, soft pieces of play, soft choices and I've probably protected them for too long," he said. "Over the last three weeks I've thought their effort was there. There was no effort in that first half, that wasn't us and it was soft.

MANLY SEA EAGLES 32 (Matthew Wright 2, Jake Trbojevic, Tom Trbojevic, Daly Cherry-Evans tries; Cherry-Evans 6 goals) bt CANBERRA RAIDERS 16 (Sia Soliola, Jarrod Croker, Jack Wighton tries; Jarrod Croker 2 goals) at Brookvale. Referees: Adam Gee, Tim Roby. Crowd: 9392.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... 0y6v3.html
magoo
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Papa

Post by magoo »

It's a weird feeling knowing the only way your team will improve is by being craptapular. But it is hard for me to wish bad thoughts upon my beloved raiders. Unfortunately I understand it needs to get a whole lot worse before any improvement will be made. So my heart will always cheer for the raiders but my head kinda hopes for multiple floggings to force change. Sorry folks. I feel dirty Im off for a cold shower.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

Stuart totally blames the players 100% no that he has made so many wrong calls. We have not lost 0-4 since 1997. Stuart needs to look in the mirror. Stuarts game/bench management is poor his team selection is poor. Williams is not a NRL half and stop using our halves as hookers. Stuart is so way off and he blames his troops.
Peter
Jason Croker

Post by Peter »

So finally Stuart has stepped away from being the protective coach in the public eye. These guys are adults, professional athletes who are paid to perform. They need to be held responsible privately and also publicly.

Stick said he should let the same 17 run out to make amends next week. Somehow I think we are beyond that now after 4 weeks.

He also needs to take some responsibility. He can call his players soft and tell us they aren't good enough. But there's obviously a defensive plan in place to stand on the line and allow the attackers to come to them. We are getting absolutely dominated in metres gained and that's where the game is won and lost. This is on the coach to change.
Westsydneyraider
Alan Tongue

Post by Westsydneyraider »

The team is mentally weak as a whole first of all !!! As soon as we got back into the game ( which was a shame we were in that position in the first place )
We made stupid errors !!! Both in attack and defence
Wighton for as much as he does positive he does negative, my personal opinion is that his defence is his strong point and postioning in defence is poor ( yes he scored a good try ) but I think he is better suited to the centres personally.
( this is not a personal attack on jack but something that must be addressed )
Our halves - **** knows !!!
Our forwards - step up !!
Our defence - line speed !!

This isn’t rocket science and basically for me comes down to the coach and I have backed Ricky to the cows come home....
but quite frankly I’m done !!! Please leave and let’s start fresh

Who comes in - I have no idea.... the only ppl i can think of is Jason Taylor and toovey right now....
not good signs
scotchberry
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: laurie daley

Post by scotchberry »

Kryptonite wrote: March 31, 2018, 9:35 pm
scotchberry wrote: March 31, 2018, 8:55 pm
raiderskater wrote: March 31, 2018, 6:53 pm
Leebola wrote: March 31, 2018, 6:51 pm DCE and the Turbos are gonna have a field day.
Yay, burned by three of the most overrated players in the league. My favourite.
Wake up to yourself :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :thumbsdown :

they aren’t overrated at all.

They are the exact players I would kill to have in our team (figuratively speaking)

The Turbos are **** superstars and DCE not to far behind
They were rubbish, seriously rubbish, Manly are only a few rungs above a pathetic Raiders outfit
Rubbish

Tom Turbo has the ability to become an immortal

The other 2 are who you need to win premierships -
Last edited by scotchberry on April 1, 2018, 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Postman Pat
Jason Croker
Favourite Player: Hodgson

Post by Postman Pat »

InFernos_Raiders wrote:
rayden83 wrote: March 31, 2018, 9:07 pm We dont have the players to win the comp. Look at our spine; Wighton, Sezer, Williams and Savili. This is probably the worst spine in the NRL. Wighton is servicable NRL player but as we all know runs hot and cold. The rest , particular Sezer are state league players who through fluke, accident and fortune have found themselves in the NRL. The sort of players you bring into the fold when your starting half snaps his ACL. Yet these players occupy the most critical positions in an NRL team. How Sezer is still getting minutes is as mysterious as the bermuda triangle. Is there a more cardboard half in the history of the Raiders? Yet here people here desparately clinging onto hope he will come good.

As bad as Stuart is, not even Bellamy could make good with these betas.
WRONG we have the players to finish top 4 and have a good shot at a GF the reason we are **** is Ricky Stuart he can not coach
Youre still stuck in 2016, and one season doesnt make a summer. Also most of our success was due to Leipana, who were in ridiculous form and tore most teams apart.
I'm not stuck in 2016 ???? The reason we did well in 2016 was the fact that we had several players in top form. The year before that and the year after that and this year you can see we are **** and always will be under Stuart. In 2016 it wasn't because of Stuarts coaching we did well. BUT we do have the talent you put a decent coach at the helm we would be a top 4 side esp with Hodgo back in. IF Hodgo had been playing in rounds 1,2 and 3 we probably would've won.

The old, it’s Stuart’s fault when we’re rubbish but not his when we’re good argument. You can’t have your cake and eat it.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
Member no: RAI-2913997

Dare To Dream, and believe in Green, for 2019.
pacman
Jason Croker

Post by pacman »

April fools!

It's okay guys, we're actually good.
nachopants
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Laurie Daley

Post by nachopants »

Wighton was amazing tonight.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

Jason wrote: March 31, 2018, 11:19 pm
InFernos_Raiders wrote:

The old, it’s Stuart’s fault when we’re rubbish but not his when we’re good argument. You can’t have your cake and eat it.

Sent from my iPhone using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk
At the end of the day we are both upset and disappointed once again with the team we love.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

Westsydneyraider wrote: March 31, 2018, 10:32 pm The team is mentally weak as a whole first of all !!! As soon as we got back into the game ( which was a shame we were in that position in the first place )
We made stupid errors !!! Both in attack and defence
Wighton for as much as he does positive he does negative, my personal opinion is that his defence is his strong point and postioning in defence is poor ( yes he scored a good try ) but I think he is better suited to the centres personally.
( this is not a personal attack on jack but something that must be addressed )
Our halves - **** knows !!!
Our forwards - step up !!
Our defence - line speed !!

This isn’t rocket science and basically for me comes down to the coach and I have backed Ricky to the cows come home....
but quite frankly I’m done !!! Please leave and let’s start fresh

Who comes in - I have no idea.... the only ppl i can think of is Jason Taylor and toovey right now....
not good signs
I agree with you 100%, everything you mentioned comes down to coaching. I do believe the players are trying and some do really care but our defense and error rate is just not good enough. I would rather have Hodgson as captain or Whitehead.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

Peter wrote: March 31, 2018, 10:26 pm So finally Stuart has stepped away from being the protective coach in the public eye. These guys are adults, professional athletes who are paid to perform. They need to be held responsible privately and also publicly.

Stick said he should let the same 17 run out to make amends next week. Somehow I think we are beyond that now after 4 weeks.

He also needs to take some responsibility. He can call his players soft and tell us they aren't good enough. But there's obviously a defensive plan in place to stand on the line and allow the attackers to come to them. We are getting absolutely dominated in metres gained and that's where the game is won and lost. This is on the coach to change.
Stuart has made a mess of the team. Stuart signs 3 Hookers pre-season but then hardly uses our best Hooker in Havalli he persists in using Sezer at Hooker and it is a big fail he chop and changes our Halves and Hookers in the game several times. Stuart has never made any player accountable for their actions he let them get away with it in 2017 and this season he has done the same. Stuart at the Press Conference blames his players but he needs to look in the mirror too.
InFernos_Raiders
Clinton Schifcofske

magoo wrote: March 31, 2018, 10:21 pm It's a weird feeling knowing the only way your team will improve is by being craptapular. But it is hard for me to wish bad thoughts upon my beloved raiders. Unfortunately I understand it needs to get a whole lot worse before any improvement will be made. So my heart will always cheer for the raiders but my head kinda hopes for multiple floggings to force change. Sorry folks. I feel dirty Im off for a cold shower.
There are 2 hurdles left, one Eels win and Raiders go last, two we need to keep this form to win the wooden spoon.
Coastalraider
David Furner
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Coastalraider »

AJL wrote: March 31, 2018, 9:17 pm
1992 wrote: March 31, 2018, 9:15 pm Hingano showed more fight than the whole team in the first 40.
Can't pass from dummy half to save himself though.
It's funny, it's almost like he spent all his junior football playing half? I can't understand why he would struggle to provide good fast service passing off the ground?

Come on Ricky - if you finally want to leave our halves pairing alone for a whole match, put a freaking hooker in the bench! Garvey has been playing great in Mounties, and instead you pick Hingano???
greeneyed
Don Furner

Post by greeneyed »

Canberra Raiders have worst start to the season in 21 years

It's a small glimmer of hope and it comes from all the way back in 1997. That's the last time the Raiders lost the opening four games of the season, making this the worst start to a season in 21 years.

But way back then the Raiders were able to turn their fortunes around and forced their way into the preliminary final. But only five of the 22 teams that started with an 0-4 record in the NRL have managed to play finals.

Read more: http://www.canberratimes.com.au/rugby-l ... 0y6v4.html
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

Love how people think we actually got back back into the game, lol the Manly was in a coma.
This place is woke.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Josh Papalii

Post by -PJ- »

Good morning everyone, how's morale ?

I'm heading out for some fresh air today.

Happy Easter Sunday...
3rd Battalion Royal Australian Regiment..Old Faithful
#emptythetank :shock:
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-PJ- wrote:Good morning everyone, how's morale ?

Happy Easter Sunday...
going to the beach, enjoy your day Peej.

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

bonehead wrote: April 1, 2018, 6:48 am
-PJ- wrote:Good morning everyone, how's morale ?

Happy Easter Sunday...
going to the beach, enjoy your day Peej.

You too boner...
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

I'm going to trim my beard put on some Lycra skimpy shorts and power walk to power rock ballads of the 80s.
This place is woke.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Question wrote: April 1, 2018, 6:52 am I'm going to trim my beard put on some Lycra skimpy shorts and power walk to power rock ballads of the 80s.
Have a great day Q with your trimmed beard, lycra, skimpy shorts and 80s power ballads.

Def Leppard, Forienger, Cheap Trick ?
Off
Laurie Daley

Post by Off »

All of the above peej...plus heart.
This place is woke.
AJL
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Post by AJL »

-PJ- wrote: April 1, 2018, 6:35 am Good morning everyone, how's morale ?

Happy Easter Sunday...
Given the complete mess my life and football team are right now, surprisingly good.
Maybe the fact I wrote the season off about 20 seconds after Hodgo did his ACL helped...
Canberra Raiders
Member No. 1130

Breeding Raiders members since 2010
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

Question wrote: April 1, 2018, 7:09 am All of the above peej...plus heart.
Heart..of course.
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

AJL wrote: April 1, 2018, 7:09 am

Happy Easter Sunday...
Given the complete mess my life and football team are right now, surprisingly good.
Maybe the fact I wrote the season off about 20 seconds after Hodgo did his ACL helped...
It's 80mins every week. I've learnt to become less attached.

I watch the game..smile or cry..then enjoy the rest of my day.

Life's too short.

Enjoy your Easter weekend mate.
Green eyed Mick
Laurie Daley

Post by Green eyed Mick »

It is too late for Sticky to play the hard ****. Ricky has been making excuses for this sorry bunch of slackers since the day he arrived.

The only way this turns around is with a new coach and a heap of new players. We have to be a lot smarter with our recruitment.

No more undisciplined slobs who are only here for the money and no more ego driven show ponies incapable of self-reflection.
bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

-PJ- wrote:

Happy Easter Sunday...

Life's too short.

It's a rollercoaster - it's more exhilarating if you put your arms in the air

Edrick The Entertainer
-PJ-
Mal Meninga

Post by -PJ- »

bonehead wrote: April 1, 2018, 8:47 am
-PJ- wrote:

Happy Easter Sunday...

Life's too short.

It's a rollercoaster - it's more exhilarating if you put your arms in the air

I may just try that...
Billy Walker
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Ashley Gilbert

Post by Billy Walker »

Green eyed Mick wrote: April 1, 2018, 8:04 am It is too late for Sticky to play the hard ****. Ricky has been making excuses for this sorry bunch of slackers since the day he arrived.

The only way this turns around is with a new coach and a heap of new players. We have to be a lot smarter with our recruitment.

No more undisciplined slobs who are only here for the money and no more ego driven show ponies incapable of self-reflection.
Yeah have to strongly agree with this. I see a lot of folk on here defending the performance of some players and thinking a positional change or adjustment in coaching style will result in some of there guys becoming champion players. I guess that is what good supporters do and that's admirable. Taking off the green glasses though this team is badly on the nose. It says a lot when Wighton was probably our best last night but was clearly the second best fullback on the field by a long long way. I thought the comments from Anasta and Finch about Stuart's halves coaching were quite telling. I really feel this team, captain and coaching set up will never be able to turn it around and as bad as it sounds I agree with others on here that maybe it is better for this slide to get get very ugly very quickly to force quick change than have signs of hope that result in us staggering on making incremental change for the next 3 seasons. If we need to get flogged in the next 5 to mean we are a genuine chance in 2019 then so be it I say.
tommyhud9
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by tommyhud9 »

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a team put in less effort than last night.
Scored early then completely just gave it away. Horrendous attitude, zero fight or respect for the club.

Is this the coach’s fault? Probably. I really think he needs to go after a performance like that. 32-16 was generous.

The other issue is the fact we have 4/5 fit halves/hookers at the club, yet none of them are any good at all. It’s very hard to progress the club when our halfback is someone who belongs at Mounties, and our five-eighth is borderline NSW cup also. Our options at 9 are just as dire.

I don’t see where our first win comes from.
tommyhud9
Brett Mullins
Favourite Player: Jarrod Croker

Post by tommyhud9 »

Surely Sam Williams is finished. Simply not a first grader please stop trying to say he is Ricky