The problem with the Raiders

All the news on the Canberra Raiders NRL team, all in one place

Moderator: GH Moderators

deanoman
Brett Mullins

The problem with the Raiders

Post by deanoman »

We are unfit.

I understand this isn’t a new concept and has been mention before. I also understand and respect the players have probably worked hard over the off season.

However IMO the whole team needs to be working on there fitness and dropping KGs. Every other team in the comp looks far more streamlined and fitter. They also know if they keep popping offloads and getting our big boys tired, we will gas ourselves in the final quarter.

So my solution is this. Get the boys up early and put them rowing machines. Then make them run 100 laps. Then make do 1000 stairs. Work them until they cough there lungs up. If they don’t like it, good. Remind them this is what they get paid for. It stops once Ws go on the board.

This team doesn’t need a head coach sympathising with his troops and talking about how the commitments there. We need a hard ass like Bellamy demanding the players to work harder.
Schifty
Laurie Daley
Favourite Player: Josh Hodgson

Re: The problem with the raiders

Post by Schifty »

But Maccas power plays are incentives tied into so many players contracts!
Kryptonite
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Terry Reagan

Post by Kryptonite »

its the head coach thats the problem
deanoman
Brett Mullins

Post by deanoman »

He’s definitely apart of it of the problem

However I have faith in him and the team to work it out
edwahu

Post by edwahu »

bonehead
Laurie Daley

Post by bonehead »

fat, slow, dumb

Sent from my SM-G950F using The Greenhouse mobile app powered by Tapatalk

Edrick The Entertainer
jonisdangerous
Peter Jackson
Favourite Player: Croker

Re: The problem with the Raiders

Post by jonisdangerous »

I think it’s a bit of a mixed bag. So whilst Shannon Boyd, Jack Wighton, Jordan Rapana, Blake Austin are looking fit and ready, you can argue Bateman as well, there’s then the likes of Josh Papalii, Croker, Joey Leilua, for mine Paulo as well, look underdone at best.
"Look at Josh Dugan, his stupidity is amazing." - Brent Tate
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

Papalli is not looking that great, the rest of the team look pretty good actually, rickys bench use is very VERY questionable although, Boyd should of played big minutes yesterday
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Neeeegz wrote: March 19, 2018, 7:19 am Papalli is not looking that great, the rest of the team look pretty good actually, rickys bench use is very VERY questionable although, Boyd should of played big minutes yesterday
Don't think I've ever seen Paps get dominated in tackles as much as he was last night.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.
Neeeegz
John Ferguson
Favourite Player: Savage, Timoko, Strange, Tapine, Rapana

Post by Neeeegz »

Northern Raider wrote: March 19, 2018, 7:29 am
Neeeegz wrote: March 19, 2018, 7:19 am Papalli is not looking that great, the rest of the team look pretty good actually, rickys bench use is very VERY questionable although, Boyd should of played big minutes yesterday
Don't think I've ever seen Paps get dominated in tackles as much as he was last night.
Papa needs a stint on the bench as part of the prop rotation. That's how he made rep sides, not as a fat, slow and lazy 2nd rower
Northern Raider
Mal Meninga
Favourite Player: Dean Lance

Post by Northern Raider »

Neeeegz wrote: March 19, 2018, 7:40 am
Northern Raider wrote: March 19, 2018, 7:29 am
Papa needs a stint on the bench as part of the prop rotation. That's how he made rep sides, not as a fat, slow and lazy 2nd rower
Last part is a bit harsh but the idea isn’t that bad. Limit his minutes to increase his involvement and impact.

Not right now though as injuries have left us a little thin for edge forwards.
* The author assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided.